Jose Antonio Illoro. Best jai-alai player ever. Spent time up your way in CT goose back in the 80's but was at his best in FL. Guy was on another level and everyone knew it.
I always think John Campbell was the best damn harness driver ever but that can be disputed I'd say.
Jose Antonio Illoro. Best jai-alai player ever. Spent time up your way in CT goose back in the 80's but was at his best in FL. Guy was on another level and everyone knew it.
I always think John Campbell was the best damn harness driver ever but that can be disputed I'd say.
We are talking pure talent and pure swag. This Champion is deceased and its seems very unlikely, no, make that IMPOSSIBLE that ANY other challenger could possibly break his heroic records that will stand with eternity.
lennon: Great guess on Pele. But will still bring discussion among the menials.
~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
We are talking pure talent and pure swag. This Champion is deceased and its seems very unlikely, no, make that IMPOSSIBLE that ANY other challenger could possibly break his heroic records that will stand with eternity.
lennon: Great guess on Pele. But will still bring discussion among the menials.
carmine abbatiello, jimmy marohnand regine dangnault.. boy do i miss those summers a roosevelt raceway
I lived across the street from the RR (actually across from Garden City Lanes on Mitchell Field) as a young kid. That was a trotter's track, right? I heard they put a Mall there.
Quote Originally Posted by lennon65:
carmine abbatiello, jimmy marohnand regine dangnault.. boy do i miss those summers a roosevelt raceway
I lived across the street from the RR (actually across from Garden City Lanes on Mitchell Field) as a young kid. That was a trotter's track, right? I heard they put a Mall there.
I am a life-long horse-racing guy. I love Secretariat. But this is not as clear-cut as it would seem. Spectacular Bid, Man o' War, Native Dancer, Dr Fager, Count Fleet, Citation, Kelso, Seattle Slew, Affirmed, Cigar and many others. Even Phar Lap, Zenyata, American Pharaoh, Ruffian, and some others from overseas are talked about in this conversation. A lot that had injuries, DQs, misfortune, etc. can be talked about as well.
Special mention of A.P. Indy here.
Secretariat is just the one that most casual fans know of. A lot of experts will say even if Big Red is first it is not as large of a gap to 2-10 as most think.
I think there can be cases made in other sports for a larger gap between 1 and 2-10.
But nonetheless, a good discussion can be had.
I am a life-long horse-racing guy. I love Secretariat. But this is not as clear-cut as it would seem. Spectacular Bid, Man o' War, Native Dancer, Dr Fager, Count Fleet, Citation, Kelso, Seattle Slew, Affirmed, Cigar and many others. Even Phar Lap, Zenyata, American Pharaoh, Ruffian, and some others from overseas are talked about in this conversation. A lot that had injuries, DQs, misfortune, etc. can be talked about as well.
Special mention of A.P. Indy here.
Secretariat is just the one that most casual fans know of. A lot of experts will say even if Big Red is first it is not as large of a gap to 2-10 as most think.
I think there can be cases made in other sports for a larger gap between 1 and 2-10.