• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    "Remember when" thread..

    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
    Mark_The_Narc
    Messier-11
    BWS77
    searchwarrant
    NvrTeLmeTheOdds
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4149
    Posts: 63
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
     
    Mark_The_Narc
    Mark_The_Narc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 1987
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2016 - 2:31 PM ET #26

    Those big ass adc maps were great. Looking up the street by going page number letter grids.
    Reply
    Those big ass adc maps were great. Looking up the street by going page number letter grids.
     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11187
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2016 - 8:54 PM ET #27

    this is like the southpark rememberrries ha.

    remember when social media didn't exist and the whole country wasn't just a bunch of pu.ssies looking to get angry over anything. 

    Similar topic. Remember when being in a frat and getting hazed was normal and peoples lives weren't ruined by some random snitch. This seems to happen all the time now. Greek life is destroyed and pussified at most universities now. Unless you are doing dangerous or rudy g.ay stuff to the pledges then who cares. Right of passage. 

    wish i remembered queludes. seemed like a fun time in wolf of wall street.

    remember those jawbreaker candies that were the size of a 8 ball (not blow) and would take a week to finish and get gross and ruin your tongue.

    remember when nickelodeon was the best channel on tv. Seems like all crap now. They had some sneaky dirty jokes on a lot of those old shows like rockos modern life and ren n stimpy. Loved legends of the hidden temple and guts.
    Reply
    this is like the southpark rememberrries ha.

    remember when social media didn't exist and the whole country wasn't just a bunch of pu.ssies looking to get angry over anything. 

    Similar topic. Remember when being in a frat and getting hazed was normal and peoples lives weren't ruined by some random snitch. This seems to happen all the time now. Greek life is destroyed and pussified at most universities now. Unless you are doing dangerous or rudy g.ay stuff to the pledges then who cares. Right of passage. 

    wish i remembered queludes. seemed like a fun time in wolf of wall street.

    remember those jawbreaker candies that were the size of a 8 ball (not blow) and would take a week to finish and get gross and ruin your tongue.

    remember when nickelodeon was the best channel on tv. Seems like all crap now. They had some sneaky dirty jokes on a lot of those old shows like rockos modern life and ren n stimpy. Loved legends of the hidden temple and guts.
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2016 - 9:16 PM ET #28

    Remember...... 

    talking to people while standing in a line instead of everyone staring at their phones 

    Saturday morning cartoons  


    The NBA on NBC with the best intro in all of sports


    Buying packs of Topps from the local gas station





    Reply
    Remember...... 

    talking to people while standing in a line instead of everyone staring at their phones 

    Saturday morning cartoons  


    The NBA on NBC with the best intro in all of sports


    Buying packs of Topps from the local gas station





     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2016 - 11:32 PM ET #29

    Remember when atm machines didn't exist? If you needed cash you had to get to the bank before 5pm, fill out a withdraw slip and stand in line to get anything. The only way to keep track of your bank balance was to balance your checkbook. Of course I skipped that and guessed.. 
    Reply
    Remember when atm machines didn't exist? If you needed cash you had to get to the bank before 5pm, fill out a withdraw slip and stand in line to get anything. The only way to keep track of your bank balance was to balance your checkbook. Of course I skipped that and guessed.. 
     
    NvrTeLmeTheOdds
    NvrTeLmeTheOdds
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2016 - 11:46 PM ET #30

    killing time in an arcade....
    Reply
    killing time in an arcade....
     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2016 - 12:06 AM ET #31

    Long read...but worth it...and I challenge all of you to post similar.

    Remember when people in small towns just trusted their neighbors?  I was born in 84...grew up in the 90's.  I rode my bike anywhere and everywhere without a helmet.  We had 40+ acres of fields and brooks and woods and trails behind our house and I just rode my bike and walked the trails by myself or with my sister every damn day in the summer.  I used to go into my neighbor's house (they were 60 year olds with grandkids that had a Nintendo...and me and my sister didn't) without an issue.  I remember walking to and from school because it was shorter than taking a bus.  I remember calling non-happy and non-mentally challenged people "ga.y" and "re--tards" and nobody getting offended.  I remember actually watching sitcoms with my family.  I remember getting a computer in 1994 for the first time...Apple Macintosh!!  I remember playing Tetris and Oregon Trail and Number Munchers and Word Munchers and Carmen Sandiego.  

    Most of all I will remember growing up in the last generation that wasn't raised purely on technology.  I remember getting a DVD player and being blown away by its realism.  I remember my sister complaining about the DVD player and HDTV because it looked "too real".  I remember reading the newspaper in order to get the news.  

    I remember keeping score in baseball and basketball games.  Knowing when we lost.  Knowing that it hurt.  Working our fools off in practice that next week trying to win instead of having a "ra-ra" good job here's a trophy meetings.  I remember having each team I was on vote on who we thought were all-stars...and you couldn't vote for yourself.  And those votes were revealed to everyone.  And I didn't get a trophy for every team I was on and every sport I played.  
    Reply
    Long read...but worth it...and I challenge all of you to post similar.

    Remember when people in small towns just trusted their neighbors?  I was born in 84...grew up in the 90's.  I rode my bike anywhere and everywhere without a helmet.  We had 40+ acres of fields and brooks and woods and trails behind our house and I just rode my bike and walked the trails by myself or with my sister every damn day in the summer.  I used to go into my neighbor's house (they were 60 year olds with grandkids that had a Nintendo...and me and my sister didn't) without an issue.  I remember walking to and from school because it was shorter than taking a bus.  I remember calling non-happy and non-mentally challenged people "ga.y" and "re--tards" and nobody getting offended.  I remember actually watching sitcoms with my family.  I remember getting a computer in 1994 for the first time...Apple Macintosh!!  I remember playing Tetris and Oregon Trail and Number Munchers and Word Munchers and Carmen Sandiego.  

    Most of all I will remember growing up in the last generation that wasn't raised purely on technology.  I remember getting a DVD player and being blown away by its realism.  I remember my sister complaining about the DVD player and HDTV because it looked "too real".  I remember reading the newspaper in order to get the news.  

    I remember keeping score in baseball and basketball games.  Knowing when we lost.  Knowing that it hurt.  Working our fools off in practice that next week trying to win instead of having a "ra-ra" good job here's a trophy meetings.  I remember having each team I was on vote on who we thought were all-stars...and you couldn't vote for yourself.  And those votes were revealed to everyone.  And I didn't get a trophy for every team I was on and every sport I played.  
     
    robbie0570
    robbie0570
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 4660
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2016 - 10:50 AM ET #32

    Remember when in the fall you would tour the neighborhoods with your buddies popping leaf bags?? ...Remember in the winter going bumper riding??


    Reply
    Remember when in the fall you would tour the neighborhoods with your buddies popping leaf bags?? ...Remember in the winter going bumper riding??


     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2016 - 10:53 AM ET #33

    Remember when you had to get up and turn the nob to get another station after moving the attenna and tin foil turning more dials to adjust the picture ..... on a black and white screen and happy.....
    Reply
    Remember when you had to get up and turn the nob to get another station after moving the attenna and tin foil turning more dials to adjust the picture ..... on a black and white screen and happy.....
     
    JimmyDrizzl
    JimmyDrizzl
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 651
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2016 - 11:29 AM ET #34

    Just before Halloween every year we lame juvenile delinquents would take a bar of soap and go out after dark and soap up parked car windows....Great fun when you are 10-14 years old.

    Then, after Halloween we would walk through the neighborhoods and find carved pumpkins not already disposed of and smash them on the concrete porch or sidewalk making a big mess for someone to clean up....Never got caught doing this stupid stuff over a two or three year period in my life...If I had...My father would have whipped my behind with a belt....
    Reply
    Just before Halloween every year we lame juvenile delinquents would take a bar of soap and go out after dark and soap up parked car windows....Great fun when you are 10-14 years old.

    Then, after Halloween we would walk through the neighborhoods and find carved pumpkins not already disposed of and smash them on the concrete porch or sidewalk making a big mess for someone to clean up....Never got caught doing this stupid stuff over a two or three year period in my life...If I had...My father would have whipped my behind with a belt....
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2016 - 12:30 PM ET #35

     Remember when there were "pagers" ? I used to have one of those Motorola sticks just like Dr. Beeper in "Caddyshack".
    Reply
     Remember when there were "pagers" ? I used to have one of those Motorola sticks just like Dr. Beeper in "Caddyshack".
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2016 - 12:47 PM ET #36

    When pcs of a commodore 64 cost 200 a pc. Computer disk drive modem printer and it fit vhs screws in back of the set.... every butter knife in the house was bent. And telephone bill became 230 a month..... builtin boards....
    Reply
    When pcs of a commodore 64 cost 200 a pc. Computer disk drive modem printer and it fit vhs screws in back of the set.... every butter knife in the house was bent. And telephone bill became 230 a month..... builtin boards....
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2016 - 1:02 PM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

     Remember when there were "pagers" ? I used to have one of those Motorola sticks just like Dr. Beeper in "Caddyshack".

    Found my old one about a month ago, gonna wear it as a joke
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

     Remember when there were "pagers" ? I used to have one of those Motorola sticks just like Dr. Beeper in "Caddyshack".

    Found my old one about a month ago, gonna wear it as a joke
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2016 - 9:37 AM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by CMJohnson1:

    Long read...but worth it...and I challenge all of you to post similar.

    Remember when people in small towns just trusted their neighbors?  I was born in 84...grew up in the 90's.  I rode my bike anywhere and everywhere without a helmet.  We had 40+ acres of fields and brooks and woods and trails behind our house and I just rode my bike and walked the trails by myself or with my sister every damn day in the summer.  I used to go into my neighbor's house (they were 60 year olds with grandkids that had a Nintendo...and me and my sister didn't) without an issue.  I remember walking to and from school because it was shorter than taking a bus.  I remember calling non-happy and non-mentally challenged people "ga.y" and "re--tards" and nobody getting offended.  I remember actually watching sitcoms with my family.  I remember getting a computer in 1994 for the first time...Apple Macintosh!!  I remember playing Tetris and Oregon Trail and Number Munchers and Word Munchers and Carmen Sandiego.  

    Most of all I will remember growing up in the last generation that wasn't raised purely on technology.  I remember getting a DVD player and being blown away by its realism.  I remember my sister complaining about the DVD player and HDTV because it looked "too real".  I remember reading the newspaper in order to get the news.  

    I remember keeping score in baseball and basketball games.  Knowing when we lost.  Knowing that it hurt.  Working our fools off in practice that next week trying to win instead of having a "ra-ra" good job here's a trophy meetings.  I remember having each team I was on vote on who we thought were all-stars...and you couldn't vote for yourself.  And those votes were revealed to everyone.  And I didn't get a trophy for every team I was on and every sport I played.  

    Born in 85 and our childhood social times seemed very similar, except I was raised in a city, people looked their doors and my friedns and I played hockey and football.  

    Outside of that, your nostalgia brought back some similar memories of my own.  Constantly playing outside.  Bikes and sports were a major part of my childhood.  

    We weren't raised purely on technology as you mentioned.  Remember Leisure Suit Larry though?  hahaha.  It was Nintendo and Super Nintendo.  When 64 came out, everyone thought those graphics were crazy good.

    And they call us 80s kids Millennials.  

    What a pu$$ified waste of a generation.  I'm still sticking with being a Millennial is more of a state of mind than anything.  Obama voters that are PC and obsessed with safe spaces and concerned about hurting people's feelings.  

    Grow a phucking pair pu$$ies!  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by CMJohnson1:

    Long read...but worth it...and I challenge all of you to post similar.

    Remember when people in small towns just trusted their neighbors?  I was born in 84...grew up in the 90's.  I rode my bike anywhere and everywhere without a helmet.  We had 40+ acres of fields and brooks and woods and trails behind our house and I just rode my bike and walked the trails by myself or with my sister every damn day in the summer.  I used to go into my neighbor's house (they were 60 year olds with grandkids that had a Nintendo...and me and my sister didn't) without an issue.  I remember walking to and from school because it was shorter than taking a bus.  I remember calling non-happy and non-mentally challenged people "ga.y" and "re--tards" and nobody getting offended.  I remember actually watching sitcoms with my family.  I remember getting a computer in 1994 for the first time...Apple Macintosh!!  I remember playing Tetris and Oregon Trail and Number Munchers and Word Munchers and Carmen Sandiego.  

    Most of all I will remember growing up in the last generation that wasn't raised purely on technology.  I remember getting a DVD player and being blown away by its realism.  I remember my sister complaining about the DVD player and HDTV because it looked "too real".  I remember reading the newspaper in order to get the news.  

    I remember keeping score in baseball and basketball games.  Knowing when we lost.  Knowing that it hurt.  Working our fools off in practice that next week trying to win instead of having a "ra-ra" good job here's a trophy meetings.  I remember having each team I was on vote on who we thought were all-stars...and you couldn't vote for yourself.  And those votes were revealed to everyone.  And I didn't get a trophy for every team I was on and every sport I played.  

    Born in 85 and our childhood social times seemed very similar, except I was raised in a city, people looked their doors and my friedns and I played hockey and football.  

    Outside of that, your nostalgia brought back some similar memories of my own.  Constantly playing outside.  Bikes and sports were a major part of my childhood.  

    We weren't raised purely on technology as you mentioned.  Remember Leisure Suit Larry though?  hahaha.  It was Nintendo and Super Nintendo.  When 64 came out, everyone thought those graphics were crazy good.

    And they call us 80s kids Millennials.  

    What a pu$$ified waste of a generation.  I'm still sticking with being a Millennial is more of a state of mind than anything.  Obama voters that are PC and obsessed with safe spaces and concerned about hurting people's feelings.  

    Grow a phucking pair pu$$ies!  
     
    Michfan15
    Michfan15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 11316
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2016 - 12:06 PM ET #39

    Quote Originally Posted by Messier-11:

    this is like the southpark rememberrries ha.

    remember when social media didn't exist and the whole country wasn't just a bunch of pu.ssies looking to get angry over anything. 

    Similar topic. Remember when being in a frat and getting hazed was normal and peoples lives weren't ruined by some random snitch. This seems to happen all the time now. Greek life is destroyed and pussified at most universities now. Unless you are doing dangerous or rudy g.ay stuff to the pledges then who cares. Right of passage. 

    wish i remembered queludes. seemed like a fun time in wolf of wall street.

    remember those jawbreaker candies that were the size of a 8 ball (not blow) and would take a week to finish and get gross and ruin your tongue.

    remember when nickelodeon was the best channel on tv. Seems like all crap now. They had some sneaky dirty jokes on a lot of those old shows like rockos modern life and ren n stimpy. Loved legends of the hidden temple and guts.

    Amen to hazing and Ludes....hazing has "worked" for hundreds of years dating back to the first frats in the 1700s and 1800s.  Not to mention the high % of Fortune 500 CEOS who were in Greek organizations.  Annoying how a few dumb@sses spoiled it for everyone else who handled their shiit like they should.  SMDH
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Messier-11:

    this is like the southpark rememberrries ha.

    remember when social media didn't exist and the whole country wasn't just a bunch of pu.ssies looking to get angry over anything. 

    Similar topic. Remember when being in a frat and getting hazed was normal and peoples lives weren't ruined by some random snitch. This seems to happen all the time now. Greek life is destroyed and pussified at most universities now. Unless you are doing dangerous or rudy g.ay stuff to the pledges then who cares. Right of passage. 

    wish i remembered queludes. seemed like a fun time in wolf of wall street.

    remember those jawbreaker candies that were the size of a 8 ball (not blow) and would take a week to finish and get gross and ruin your tongue.

    remember when nickelodeon was the best channel on tv. Seems like all crap now. They had some sneaky dirty jokes on a lot of those old shows like rockos modern life and ren n stimpy. Loved legends of the hidden temple and guts.

    Amen to hazing and Ludes....hazing has "worked" for hundreds of years dating back to the first frats in the 1700s and 1800s.  Not to mention the high % of Fortune 500 CEOS who were in Greek organizations.  Annoying how a few dumb@sses spoiled it for everyone else who handled their shiit like they should.  SMDH
     
    Leroy11
    Leroy11
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 488
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2016 - 11:37 PM ET #40

     Remember when you could buy a pack of Topps baseball cards and gum that was to hard to chew for .35 cents? When you could get in a fight in high school and not have to worry about someone pulling a knife or a gun? When there was only 3 channels on TV.? When baseball players stayed with one team and before free agency and the DH came along. When the pitcher could use brush back pitches, but knew he had to come to the plate to face the music if he did? Rotary phones? And speaking of phones, how about party lines, if anybody had them or even know what it means. Staying up late to watch Roller Derby and have popcorn.I was born in 62 if that helps explain a few "remember whens."
    Reply
     Remember when you could buy a pack of Topps baseball cards and gum that was to hard to chew for .35 cents? When you could get in a fight in high school and not have to worry about someone pulling a knife or a gun? When there was only 3 channels on TV.? When baseball players stayed with one team and before free agency and the DH came along. When the pitcher could use brush back pitches, but knew he had to come to the plate to face the music if he did? Rotary phones? And speaking of phones, how about party lines, if anybody had them or even know what it means. Staying up late to watch Roller Derby and have popcorn.I was born in 62 if that helps explain a few "remember whens."
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2016 - 11:46 PM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy11:

     Remember when you could buy a pack of Topps baseball cards and gum that was to hard to chew for .35 cents? When you could get in a fight in high school and not have to worry about someone pulling a knife or a gun? When there was only 3 channels on TV.? When baseball players stayed with one team and before free agency and the DH came along. When the pitcher could use brush back pitches, but knew he had to come to the plate to face the music if he did? Rotary phones? And speaking of phones, how about party lines, if anybody had them or even know what it means. Staying up late to watch Roller Derby and have popcorn.I was born in 62 if that helps explain a few "remember whens."

    my mom worked on a local switch board pulling lines out and plugging them into holes on a board.... lines used to have little glass tubes on top of the poles.... saw the pictures when she was young now they are in an historical society ...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy11:

     Remember when you could buy a pack of Topps baseball cards and gum that was to hard to chew for .35 cents? When you could get in a fight in high school and not have to worry about someone pulling a knife or a gun? When there was only 3 channels on TV.? When baseball players stayed with one team and before free agency and the DH came along. When the pitcher could use brush back pitches, but knew he had to come to the plate to face the music if he did? Rotary phones? And speaking of phones, how about party lines, if anybody had them or even know what it means. Staying up late to watch Roller Derby and have popcorn.I was born in 62 if that helps explain a few "remember whens."

    my mom worked on a local switch board pulling lines out and plugging them into holes on a board.... lines used to have little glass tubes on top of the poles.... saw the pictures when she was young now they are in an historical society ...
     
    SUPEREAGLE43
    SUPEREAGLE43
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 1926
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2016 - 11:59 PM ET #42

    Remember when you could sit on the armrest in the front seat or lay in the back window on long vacation rides. Remember when you didn't even realize cigarettes smelled awful because everyone's parents and grandparents smoked and you were just used to it.
    Reply
    Remember when you could sit on the armrest in the front seat or lay in the back window on long vacation rides. Remember when you didn't even realize cigarettes smelled awful because everyone's parents and grandparents smoked and you were just used to it.
     
    toastmaster20
    toastmaster20
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 166
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2016 - 4:25 PM ET #43

    I grew up in a town with a daily 6PM siren. I had exactly 15 minutes from then to be sitting at the table with my family, no matter where I was.

    Then, everyone would slowly start coming of their houses for a neighborhood game of capture the flag, once it got dark.
    Reply
    I grew up in a town with a daily 6PM siren. I had exactly 15 minutes from then to be sitting at the table with my family, no matter where I was.

    Then, everyone would slowly start coming of their houses for a neighborhood game of capture the flag, once it got dark.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2016 - 5:19 PM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPEREAGLE43:

    Remember when you could sit on the armrest in the front seat or lay in the back window on long vacation rides. Remember when you didn't even realize cigarettes smelled awful because everyone's parents and grandparents smoked and you were just used to it.


    My dad drove all four of us lil kids from Seattle to Aspen Colorado for a ski trip in his porsche 911. I straddled the gear shift the whole way, average speed around 80mph for call it 24+ hours. Our family car was a 1971 VW van. The backseats were removed so we could play in the back on long trips.
    Cig smoke was just part of the air we breathed all day every day.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPEREAGLE43:

    Remember when you could sit on the armrest in the front seat or lay in the back window on long vacation rides. Remember when you didn't even realize cigarettes smelled awful because everyone's parents and grandparents smoked and you were just used to it.


    My dad drove all four of us lil kids from Seattle to Aspen Colorado for a ski trip in his porsche 911. I straddled the gear shift the whole way, average speed around 80mph for call it 24+ hours. Our family car was a 1971 VW van. The backseats were removed so we could play in the back on long trips.
    Cig smoke was just part of the air we breathed all day every day.

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2016 - 5:39 AM ET #45

    everyone going to school had a steel lunch box in hand 
    with a small thermos held a cup. Mine was gi joe.
    Reply
    everyone going to school had a steel lunch box in hand 
    with a small thermos held a cup. Mine was gi joe.
     
    Goggles-Pisano
    Goggles-Pisano
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 2693
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2016 - 7:50 AM ET #46

    When TV channels went off the air only showing that off air image and beeeeeeeep

    Before cable the only way to get TV besides having a huge satellite dish was pointing a roof antenna toward the closest big city.

    Sunday morning being brainwashed by Davey and Goliath 
    Reply
    When TV channels went off the air only showing that off air image and beeeeeeeep

    Before cable the only way to get TV besides having a huge satellite dish was pointing a roof antenna toward the closest big city.

    Sunday morning being brainwashed by Davey and Goliath 
     
    coldsnap55
    coldsnap55
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 9818
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2016 - 11:51 AM ET #47

    Remember when seeing a 16 year old girl pushing a baby buggy, you knew that she was either the sister or babysitter of the child and NOT the single Mother? 

    Maury would have had a hard time finding guests back then instead of the unlimited supply now. 
    Reply
    Remember when seeing a 16 year old girl pushing a baby buggy, you knew that she was either the sister or babysitter of the child and NOT the single Mother? 

    Maury would have had a hard time finding guests back then instead of the unlimited supply now. 
     
    JimmyDrizzl
    JimmyDrizzl
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 651
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2016 - 1:10 PM ET #48

    Going to the Varsity movie theater on Saturdays for the matinee..... ....Cost to get in and see three or four cartoons and two main feature films was .12 cents.

    Me and my friends would always sit down next to the young females and see what would happen...Would be a great day if you could somehow get one to let you make out and feel them up.

    Then, after the show was over we would all get our empty popcorn boxes and flatten them ... That way you could fling it hard like a frisbee and it would fly towards the screen......Ahh, youth....and, memories..
    Reply
    Going to the Varsity movie theater on Saturdays for the matinee..... ....Cost to get in and see three or four cartoons and two main feature films was .12 cents.

    Me and my friends would always sit down next to the young females and see what would happen...Would be a great day if you could somehow get one to let you make out and feel them up.

    Then, after the show was over we would all get our empty popcorn boxes and flatten them ... That way you could fling it hard like a frisbee and it would fly towards the screen......Ahh, youth....and, memories..
     
    pardo3
    pardo3
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 300
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2016 - 5:47 PM ET #49

    Quote Originally Posted by dytide:

    Camping out to buy concert tickets.
    mail ordering for Grateful Dead tickets in the late 80s early 90s  instead of dealing with TicketBastard or LiveNation these days 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dytide:

    Camping out to buy concert tickets.
    mail ordering for Grateful Dead tickets in the late 80s early 90s  instead of dealing with TicketBastard or LiveNation these days 
     
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Dec. 22, 2016 - 9:18 AM ET #50

    Remember when major networks allowed Cartoons allowed violence?  I was watching GI Joe from the 80s this morning and I was thinking, no way in hell would they allow kids to watch this today.  No one is seen getting shot, but they sure are getting shot at with explosions everywhere.

    Along with GI Joe, you had the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (when they weren't pu$$ies), ThunderCats, He-Man and Voltron.

    I remember that my Kindergarten teacher would not allow any of the boys to draw these cartoons during our Art time b/c they were too violent.  That was in 1990; when the puSSification of America was starting!

    Participation trophies and ribbons would follow several years after.  
    Reply
    Remember when major networks allowed Cartoons allowed violence?  I was watching GI Joe from the 80s this morning and I was thinking, no way in hell would they allow kids to watch this today.  No one is seen getting shot, but they sure are getting shot at with explosions everywhere.

    Along with GI Joe, you had the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (when they weren't pu$$ies), ThunderCats, He-Man and Voltron.

    I remember that my Kindergarten teacher would not allow any of the boys to draw these cartoons during our Art time b/c they were too violent.  That was in 1990; when the puSSification of America was starting!

    Participation trophies and ribbons would follow several years after.  
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,348
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,862
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,852
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • PART DEUX 141
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,214
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,122
    • Week 6 Money 7,893
    • Trump's legacy? 33,977

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.