RC Helicopters, cars etc...
Copter even more fun outside as long as there is no wind
I'm sure it would be! The little copter I got cost about $30 and it says that it's mostly for indoors since it uses IR for the remote. I guess sunlight will cause issues?
Copter even more fun outside as long as there is no wind
I'm sure it would be! The little copter I got cost about $30 and it says that it's mostly for indoors since it uses IR for the remote. I guess sunlight will cause issues?
RC is pretty awesome. I spent 3 months as a beginner on gyro helicopters. It's not easy flying tail and then nose in because everything is opposite. Crash. Then went to fixed pitch helis, my practice paid off and it was 2 weeks of more practice to really make the bird dance with all sorts of manuevers. Now I have the collective pitch. I've yet to start the engines but it is intimidating.
Bottom line, start beginner in heli or fixed wing and practice up to the bigs if you're really into it. There's no skiping steps because you'll 100% guaranteed crash and burn. they are super difficult.
Fun as hell once you can relax and fly but learning to even dance a really stable beginner indoor gyro will require full concentration.
Hutch, you'll crash that in 12 seconds even with big hours on a flight sim, promise. ![]()
![]()
RC's ![]()
RC is pretty awesome. I spent 3 months as a beginner on gyro helicopters. It's not easy flying tail and then nose in because everything is opposite. Crash. Then went to fixed pitch helis, my practice paid off and it was 2 weeks of more practice to really make the bird dance with all sorts of manuevers. Now I have the collective pitch. I've yet to start the engines but it is intimidating.
Bottom line, start beginner in heli or fixed wing and practice up to the bigs if you're really into it. There's no skiping steps because you'll 100% guaranteed crash and burn. they are super difficult.
Fun as hell once you can relax and fly but learning to even dance a really stable beginner indoor gyro will require full concentration.
Hutch, you'll crash that in 12 seconds even with big hours on a flight sim, promise. ![]()
![]()
RC's ![]()
Copter even more fun outside as long as there is no wind
Even in 1mph dead wind the indoor gyro outside beginner will tail rotor away and yoú lose control. I've tried and I'm actually at expert level.. ![]()
![]()
Master indoor flight and rotations and then go to step 2, chopper fixed pitch. Those fuggers can handle a little bit of wind an fly like all hell. ![]()
Copter even more fun outside as long as there is no wind
Even in 1mph dead wind the indoor gyro outside beginner will tail rotor away and yoú lose control. I've tried and I'm actually at expert level.. ![]()
![]()
Master indoor flight and rotations and then go to step 2, chopper fixed pitch. Those fuggers can handle a little bit of wind an fly like all hell. ![]()
This is amazing, and scary.....
Mind = Blown!
That's probably one of the most interesting and entertaining TED talks I've seen. Thanks for sharing!
This is amazing, and scary.....
Mind = Blown!
That's probably one of the most interesting and entertaining TED talks I've seen. Thanks for sharing!
One of my good buddies Joel Johnson is top 3 if not #1 in the world RC car racer and now has a design company for them. I never got the whole RC craze but a lot of people enjoy it. He says he is the Michael Jordan of the RC world, I have yet to see that help pull girls.
One of my good buddies Joel Johnson is top 3 if not #1 in the world RC car racer and now has a design company for them. I never got the whole RC craze but a lot of people enjoy it. He says he is the Michael Jordan of the RC world, I have yet to see that help pull girls.
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
