• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Professional sports gambler on Jeopardy

    12 Next Last»
    Jarrett75
    TheGoldenGoose
    Midnight1
    HALLINGGOL
    jamesxnj
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2376
    Posts: 38
    12 Next Last»
     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2019 - 10:31 PM ET #1

    Hi anyone catch the pro sports gambler on Jeopardy Thursday night? He was very impressive, had $40,000 through the two jeopardy rounds, only bet a little over $3,000 in final. It's worth a watch.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Hi anyone catch the pro sports gambler on Jeopardy Thursday night? He was very impressive, had $40,000 through the two jeopardy rounds, only bet a little over $3,000 in final. It's worth a watch.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Apr. 7, 2019 - 12:22 PM ET #2


    Here's a write-up...

    https://www.onlinegambling.com/news/2019/04/james-holzhauer-wins-in-jeopardy-debut-for-professional-sports-bettor/
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Here's a write-up...

    https://www.onlinegambling.com/news/2019/04/james-holzhauer-wins-in-jeopardy-debut-for-professional-sports-bettor/
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Apr. 7, 2019 - 7:53 PM ET #3

    On the DD he makes odd wagers like 10,914 as an example. The guy is quick on the trigger as well.

    Reply

    On the DD he makes odd wagers like 10,914 as an example. The guy is quick on the trigger as well.

     
    HALLINGGOL
    HALLINGGOL
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 748
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2019 - 11:02 AM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    On the DD he makes odd wagers like 10,914 as an example. The guy is quick on the trigger as well.

     

    Total habit rounding off numbers from decades of hedging, and middling out.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    On the DD he makes odd wagers like 10,914 as an example. The guy is quick on the trigger as well.

     

    Total habit rounding off numbers from decades of hedging, and middling out.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2019 - 7:48 PM ET #5

    He just missed a question about what play was moved back to the 15 yard line?

    No one answered & Trebek looked all of them like WTF? 

    The extra point.

    He had an absolute brain cramp. He's still winning & just hit the DD for 10K! 

    Reply

    He just missed a question about what play was moved back to the 15 yard line?

    No one answered & Trebek looked all of them like WTF? 

    The extra point.

    He had an absolute brain cramp. He's still winning & just hit the DD for 10K! 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2019 - 7:51 PM ET #6

    He just wagered $9,415 got it right & now has 42k with a bunch of questions left.

    Reply

    He just wagered $9,415 got it right & now has 42k with a bunch of questions left.

     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Apr. 9, 2019 - 2:35 PM ET #7

    He rolled the other 2 contestants before the final question.Actually gonna make sure to watch tonight.Love how he goes for it by taking the 1000 q's first...He is killing the game instead of wasting time on the low$ questions..
    Reply
    He rolled the other 2 contestants before the final question.Actually gonna make sure to watch tonight.Love how he goes for it by taking the 1000 q's first...He is killing the game instead of wasting time on the low$ questions..
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Apr. 9, 2019 - 10:30 PM ET #8

    He set a new one day total record today winning 110k.

    Reply

    He set a new one day total record today winning 110k.

     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2019 - 7:27 AM ET #9

    This guy is exciting to watch. He's on pace to be the biggest winner ever in a shorter amount of time.
    Reply
    This guy is exciting to watch. He's on pace to be the biggest winner ever in a shorter amount of time.
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2019 - 9:10 PM ET #10

    He won another 89k tonight.

    Reply

    He won another 89k tonight.

     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Apr. 15, 2019 - 2:09 PM ET #11

    Jeopardy is Fixed..
    Reply
    Jeopardy is Fixed..
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Apr. 15, 2019 - 7:58 PM ET #12

    He won another 45k today bringing his 8 day total to 444k.

    Reply

    He won another 45k today bringing his 8 day total to 444k.

     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: Apr. 16, 2019 - 6:34 PM ET #13

    I think he's closer to 460k, going for around half a million tonight. Go dude!!
    Reply
    I think he's closer to 460k, going for around half a million tonight. Go dude!!
     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: Apr. 16, 2019 - 7:31 PM ET #14

    another $106,181 today, short of his record he set a few days ago. Now total sitting at $566,660 over 9 days
    Reply
    another $106,181 today, short of his record he set a few days ago. Now total sitting at $566,660 over 9 days
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Apr. 16, 2019 - 8:38 PM ET #15

    I'm amazed how quickly he's able to read the question, push the button & gather the answer in his head. The high wagering comes naturally I imagine but his breadth of knowledge is impressive. 

    Reply

    I'm amazed how quickly he's able to read the question, push the button & gather the answer in his head. The high wagering comes naturally I imagine but his breadth of knowledge is impressive. 

     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8064
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2019 - 1:49 AM ET #16

    Bro caught his midgame interview last week when  he mentioned that he plays at SouthPoint regularly....


    Very very sharp...Does he stay on till someone defeats him??   Love how he does 10k Daily Doubles..

    Reply

    Bro caught his midgame interview last week when  he mentioned that he plays at SouthPoint regularly....


    Very very sharp...Does he stay on till someone defeats him??   Love how he does 10k Daily Doubles..

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2019 - 2:26 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I'm amazed how quickly he's able to read the question, push the button & gather the answer in his head. The high wagering comes naturally I imagine but his breadth of knowledge is impressive. 



    Obviously he's not a fan of Fox News.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I'm amazed how quickly he's able to read the question, push the button & gather the answer in his head. The high wagering comes naturally I imagine but his breadth of knowledge is impressive. 



    Obviously he's not a fan of Fox News.
     
    cjm2008
    cjm2008
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 22012
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2019 - 9:12 AM ET #18

    He set a single day record for winnings last night with over $100,000. He is Impressive an_praise

    Reply

    He set a single day record for winnings last night with over $100,000. He is Impressive an_praise

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2019 - 1:14 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by cjm2008:

    He set a single day record for winnings last night with over $100,000. He is Impressive

    So i'm really good at trivia and Jeopardy. Always have been. And i've always dreamed of going on but never pulled the trigger to try out. And i'll often play along, especially when someone is on a streak, and say, "I think I can beat him/her." Or, "I could've got him today."

    I'd heard of this guy but had not yet seen him. I turned it on for background last night as I was working on something. As I half-listened, busy with my project, I said to myself, "These questions are all pretty easy. I'm unimpressed with this." Then I looked up and saw he was at 60K going into final. I changed my tune. I have always believed that they are clever in how the market guys like him. I believe when the get a hot player on a hot streak, they give him lesser competition, easier questions, ect. Streaks are good for ratings. I have had this theory going back to Ken Jennings. If this is true than just winning isn't impressive. Winning 100K in a single game?!! Yeah, i'll tip my cap and bow down. The guy is good.

    I will say, as a lifelong fan, that the show has gotten easier. I get final Jeopardy, on average, 4 of 5 times a week I have weeks where I get all 5. It use to once or twice a week. And I haven't gotten smarter. I've burned brain cells and am a lot less quick than I used to be. The show is just easier.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by cjm2008:

    He set a single day record for winnings last night with over $100,000. He is Impressive

    So i'm really good at trivia and Jeopardy. Always have been. And i've always dreamed of going on but never pulled the trigger to try out. And i'll often play along, especially when someone is on a streak, and say, "I think I can beat him/her." Or, "I could've got him today."

    I'd heard of this guy but had not yet seen him. I turned it on for background last night as I was working on something. As I half-listened, busy with my project, I said to myself, "These questions are all pretty easy. I'm unimpressed with this." Then I looked up and saw he was at 60K going into final. I changed my tune. I have always believed that they are clever in how the market guys like him. I believe when the get a hot player on a hot streak, they give him lesser competition, easier questions, ect. Streaks are good for ratings. I have had this theory going back to Ken Jennings. If this is true than just winning isn't impressive. Winning 100K in a single game?!! Yeah, i'll tip my cap and bow down. The guy is good.

    I will say, as a lifelong fan, that the show has gotten easier. I get final Jeopardy, on average, 4 of 5 times a week I have weeks where I get all 5. It use to once or twice a week. And I haven't gotten smarter. I've burned brain cells and am a lot less quick than I used to be. The show is just easier.

     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2019 - 7:15 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    Obviously he's not a fan of Fox News.

    Or cnn msnbc or the rest of the mindless sheeple that is the media. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    Obviously he's not a fan of Fox News.

    Or cnn msnbc or the rest of the mindless sheeple that is the media. 
     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2019 - 7:18 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    So i'm really good at trivia and Jeopardy. Always have been. And i've always dreamed of going on but never pulled the trigger to try out. And i'll often play along, especially when someone is on a streak, and say, "I think I can beat him/her." Or, "I could've got him today."

    I'd heard of this guy but had not yet seen him. I turned it on for background last night as I was working on something. As I half-listened, busy with my project, I said to myself, "These questions are all pretty easy. I'm unimpressed with this." Then I looked up and saw he was at 60K going into final. I changed my tune. I have always believed that they are clever in how the market guys like him. I believe when the get a hot player on a hot streak, they give him lesser competition, easier questions, ect. Streaks are good for ratings. I have had this theory going back to Ken Jennings. If this is true than just winning isn't impressive. Winning 100K in a single game?!! Yeah, i'll tip my cap and bow down. The guy is good.

    I will say, as a lifelong fan, that the show has gotten easier. I get final Jeopardy, on average, 4 of 5 times a week I have weeks where I get all 5. It use to once or twice a week. And I haven't gotten smarter. I've burned brain cells and am a lot less quick than I used to be. The show is just easier.


    I tend to agree, I get on average 20-25 right a night. There is a lot of pop culture trivia etc. But as was said earlier there is a wide variety of topics and he knows a lot about everything.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    So i'm really good at trivia and Jeopardy. Always have been. And i've always dreamed of going on but never pulled the trigger to try out. And i'll often play along, especially when someone is on a streak, and say, "I think I can beat him/her." Or, "I could've got him today."

    I'd heard of this guy but had not yet seen him. I turned it on for background last night as I was working on something. As I half-listened, busy with my project, I said to myself, "These questions are all pretty easy. I'm unimpressed with this." Then I looked up and saw he was at 60K going into final. I changed my tune. I have always believed that they are clever in how the market guys like him. I believe when the get a hot player on a hot streak, they give him lesser competition, easier questions, ect. Streaks are good for ratings. I have had this theory going back to Ken Jennings. If this is true than just winning isn't impressive. Winning 100K in a single game?!! Yeah, i'll tip my cap and bow down. The guy is good.

    I will say, as a lifelong fan, that the show has gotten easier. I get final Jeopardy, on average, 4 of 5 times a week I have weeks where I get all 5. It use to once or twice a week. And I haven't gotten smarter. I've burned brain cells and am a lot less quick than I used to be. The show is just easier.


    I tend to agree, I get on average 20-25 right a night. There is a lot of pop culture trivia etc. But as was said earlier there is a wide variety of topics and he knows a lot about everything.
     
    packersbackers
    packersbackers
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 52975
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2019 - 7:51 PM ET #22

    Im a bit late to the party here, kind of been out of the loop with random current events like this, but from what you guys have shared here, this wreaks like a setup for ratings/interest/whatever for the Jeopardy brand...with Trebek on his way out, they need to find a top end talent as their new host to bring the next gen into the mix of viewers, or else Jeopardy will fade into the black quickly.

    I recall a good movie several years ago (Quiz Show with John Turturo...great flick imo) which told the story of the quiz show scandal from many many years ago...this smells like a repeat of that:

    https://www.americanheritage.com/quiz-show-scandal

    MAGAm Yisrael Chai
    Reply

    Im a bit late to the party here, kind of been out of the loop with random current events like this, but from what you guys have shared here, this wreaks like a setup for ratings/interest/whatever for the Jeopardy brand...with Trebek on his way out, they need to find a top end talent as their new host to bring the next gen into the mix of viewers, or else Jeopardy will fade into the black quickly.

    I recall a good movie several years ago (Quiz Show with John Turturo...great flick imo) which told the story of the quiz show scandal from many many years ago...this smells like a repeat of that:

    https://www.americanheritage.com/quiz-show-scandal

     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2019 - 8:11 PM ET #23

    could be, but I will just enjoy it and not be cynical. They could have done that with Ken Jennings, who still holds two records, 2.5 million and 74 wins.


    Another record tonight $131,127 and total at $697,787.
    Reply
    could be, but I will just enjoy it and not be cynical. They could have done that with Ken Jennings, who still holds two records, 2.5 million and 74 wins.


    Another record tonight $131,127 and total at $697,787.
     
    packersbackers
    packersbackers
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 52975
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2019 - 8:13 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett75:

    could be, but I will just enjoy it and not be cynical. They could have done that with Ken Jennings, who still holds two records, 2.5 million and 74 wins. Another record tonight $131,127 and total at $697,787.

    Im with you...it indeed is great tv...when i have time to binge, i will watch them all. peace_5

    MAGAm Yisrael Chai
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett75:

    could be, but I will just enjoy it and not be cynical. They could have done that with Ken Jennings, who still holds two records, 2.5 million and 74 wins. Another record tonight $131,127 and total at $697,787.

    Im with you...it indeed is great tv...when i have time to binge, i will watch them all. peace_5

     
     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: Apr. 22, 2019 - 7:36 PM ET #25

    another 80k tonight, 13 day total $942,738, going for a million tomorrow
    Reply
    another 80k tonight, 13 day total $942,738, going for a million tomorrow
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,885
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,600
    • MLB Playoffs 16,924
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,204
    • PART DEUX 137
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,362
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,251
    • Week 6 Money 5,637
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,147

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.