How the hell did the player's union agree to a deal with the NFL that made Goodell his own arbitrator anyway..bet they wish they could take that one back about now.
Odd that people that run a union might not have best interest of the people they work for. Guessing they all still will make their money.
We should stop eating bananas.
Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin:
How the hell did the player's union agree to a deal with the NFL that made Goodell his own arbitrator anyway..bet they wish they could take that one back about now.
Odd that people that run a union might not have best interest of the people they work for. Guessing they all still will make their money.
Agree. Brady can delay the inevitable-but eventually he'll have to serve the 4 game suspension-bottom line.
I'd bet against this result. He'll end up doing two games or less, and I think he'll pay a fine at most, with no suspension. The NFL is an incompetent bunch when it comes down to rules and enforcing them. You go to federal court saying "it is more likely than not that he probably might have known someone was deflating the balls" and you're asking to have your butt handed to you. I'm not saying he didn't do it; I am saying the NFL and Ted Wells handled this like pure amateurs.
Brady in a TKO ( meaning the NFL loses or settles along the lines outlined above ).
Quote Originally Posted by gold6185:
Agree. Brady can delay the inevitable-but eventually he'll have to serve the 4 game suspension-bottom line.
I'd bet against this result. He'll end up doing two games or less, and I think he'll pay a fine at most, with no suspension. The NFL is an incompetent bunch when it comes down to rules and enforcing them. You go to federal court saying "it is more likely than not that he probably might have known someone was deflating the balls" and you're asking to have your butt handed to you. I'm not saying he didn't do it; I am saying the NFL and Ted Wells handled this like pure amateurs.
Brady in a TKO ( meaning the NFL loses or settles along the lines outlined above ).
I'd bet against this result. He'll end up doing two games or less, and I think he'll pay a fine at most, with no suspension. The NFL is an incompetent bunch when it comes down to rules and enforcing them. You go to federal court saying "it is more likely than not that he probably might have known someone was deflating the balls" and you're asking to have your butt handed to you. I'm not saying he didn't do it; I am saying the NFL and Ted Wells handled this like pure amateurs.
Brady in a TKO ( meaning the NFL loses or settles along the lines outlined above ).
The above was in response to a Covers member post declaring that Brady would have to serve the 4 game suspension.
I guess I'm gloating, but the point remains that Goodell and Wells are morons when it comes to building a tight case against a player.
Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:
I'd bet against this result. He'll end up doing two games or less, and I think he'll pay a fine at most, with no suspension. The NFL is an incompetent bunch when it comes down to rules and enforcing them. You go to federal court saying "it is more likely than not that he probably might have known someone was deflating the balls" and you're asking to have your butt handed to you. I'm not saying he didn't do it; I am saying the NFL and Ted Wells handled this like pure amateurs.
Brady in a TKO ( meaning the NFL loses or settles along the lines outlined above ).
The above was in response to a Covers member post declaring that Brady would have to serve the 4 game suspension.
I guess I'm gloating, but the point remains that Goodell and Wells are morons when it comes to building a tight case against a player.
It has been obvious to anyone with a brain that the NFL was going to have their azzes handed to them. Suspending a player, any player, because "it was more likely than not that the player may have been aware that other people may have been involved in the deflating of footballs" as the foundation of your case ? Really ?
Ted Wells has proven once again that he is not only a man of incredible stupidity, but he is the NFL's MVP-----Most Valuable Prostitute. He is like Deval Patrick, the former governor of the state in which I reside. Failed the bar exam more times than he passed it. Knows nothing about the law, except that learning it was impossible for a man totally lacking in intellect.
Appeal ? Appeal what ?
Quote Originally Posted by mightiestmojo:
I'm at a loss the NFL is going to appeal.
Appeal what ?
It has been obvious to anyone with a brain that the NFL was going to have their azzes handed to them. Suspending a player, any player, because "it was more likely than not that the player may have been aware that other people may have been involved in the deflating of footballs" as the foundation of your case ? Really ?
Ted Wells has proven once again that he is not only a man of incredible stupidity, but he is the NFL's MVP-----Most Valuable Prostitute. He is like Deval Patrick, the former governor of the state in which I reside. Failed the bar exam more times than he passed it. Knows nothing about the law, except that learning it was impossible for a man totally lacking in intellect.
It has been obvious to anyone with a brain that the NFL was going to have their azzes handed to them. Suspending a player, any player, because "it was more likely than not that the player may have been aware that other people may have been involved in the deflating of footballs" as the foundation of your case ? Really ?
Ted Wells has proven once again that he is not only a man of incredible stupidity, but he is the NFL's MVP-----Most Valuable Prostitute. He is like Deval Patrick, the former governor of the state in which I reside. Failed the bar exam more times than he passed it. Knows nothing about the law, except that learning it was impossible for a man totally lacking in intellect.
Appeal ? Appeal what ?
The first rule of holes: When you're in one, STOP DIGGING.
Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:
Appeal what ?
It has been obvious to anyone with a brain that the NFL was going to have their azzes handed to them. Suspending a player, any player, because "it was more likely than not that the player may have been aware that other people may have been involved in the deflating of footballs" as the foundation of your case ? Really ?
Ted Wells has proven once again that he is not only a man of incredible stupidity, but he is the NFL's MVP-----Most Valuable Prostitute. He is like Deval Patrick, the former governor of the state in which I reside. Failed the bar exam more times than he passed it. Knows nothing about the law, except that learning it was impossible for a man totally lacking in intellect.
Appeal ? Appeal what ?
The first rule of holes: When you're in one, STOP DIGGING.
That is a great question, it is also a joke. Biden is the butt of all jokes, a complete clown but he is THE GUY the DNC trusts can secure a victory... really??? They are in trouble. Sanders is a socialistic kook and the DNC knows he cannot carry a general election. I think there will be some unknown "new star" that is promoted much like BO 8 years ago. Who? I have no clue. I just don't they the DNC goes to battle with either Clinton or Sanders or Biden. Any one of them would be an embarrassing slaughter.
Quote Originally Posted by Ktrain:
So who is going to win the Democratic nomination?
That is a great question, it is also a joke. Biden is the butt of all jokes, a complete clown but he is THE GUY the DNC trusts can secure a victory... really??? They are in trouble. Sanders is a socialistic kook and the DNC knows he cannot carry a general election. I think there will be some unknown "new star" that is promoted much like BO 8 years ago. Who? I have no clue. I just don't they the DNC goes to battle with either Clinton or Sanders or Biden. Any one of them would be an embarrassing slaughter.