• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    man gulps entire bottle of tequila...

    12 Next Last»
    mainman11111
    VanDutch
    Johnzimbo34
    SashimiKid
    GimmeMoneyNow
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2394
    Posts: 33
    12 Next Last»
     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2017 - 7:56 PM ET #1

    The dad of a newborn baby has died after "downing" a bottle of tequila in a nightclub without stopping.

    Kelvin Rafael Mejía took part in the stunt in the Dominican Republic in an effort to secure prize money of 40,000 pesos – the equivalent of roughly £680.

    He could be seen standing on stage of the Vacca Lounge club in the city of La Romana and completing the challenge as dozens of spectators took images with mobile phones and cheered him on.

    However, as the 23-year-old neared the end of the bottle, he could be seen needing support and had to be held to remain upright.

    After ingesting the full bottle, Mejía raised his arms in jubilation and remained conscious long enough to be handed his prize money, but seconds later could be seen wobbling around before collapsing.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    The dad of a newborn baby has died after "downing" a bottle of tequila in a nightclub without stopping.

    Kelvin Rafael Mejía took part in the stunt in the Dominican Republic in an effort to secure prize money of 40,000 pesos – the equivalent of roughly £680.

    He could be seen standing on stage of the Vacca Lounge club in the city of La Romana and completing the challenge as dozens of spectators took images with mobile phones and cheered him on.

    However, as the 23-year-old neared the end of the bottle, he could be seen needing support and had to be held to remain upright.

    After ingesting the full bottle, Mejía raised his arms in jubilation and remained conscious long enough to be handed his prize money, but seconds later could be seen wobbling around before collapsing.

     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2017 - 9:23 PM ET #2

    Poor idiot.
    Reply
    Poor idiot.
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2017 - 9:33 PM ET #3

    https://youtu.be/n5N7msEFWew
    Reply
    https://youtu.be/n5N7msEFWew
     
    Johnzimbo34
    Johnzimbo34
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 1299
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2017 - 9:45 PM ET #4

    He got the worm.


    Now the worms get him.


    Too soon?
    Reply
    He got the worm.


    Now the worms get him.


    Too soon?
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2017 - 9:48 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnzimbo34:

    He got the worm.


    Now the worms get him.


    Too soon?

    never too soon on Covers  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnzimbo34:

    He got the worm.


    Now the worms get him.


    Too soon?

    never too soon on Covers  
     
    SashimiKid
    SashimiKid
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 2090
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2017 - 10:01 PM ET #6

    Thinning the herd
    Reply
    Thinning the herd
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2017 - 12:48 AM ET #7

    Later that evening, they dressed him in drag and he was the "headliner" for the donkey show.....
    Reply
    Later that evening, they dressed him in drag and he was the "headliner" for the donkey show.....
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2017 - 4:44 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    Later that evening, they dressed him in drag and he was the "headliner" for the donkey show.....

    to headline i would three half gallons...finish what i could and be damned to the rest.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    Later that evening, they dressed him in drag and he was the "headliner" for the donkey show.....

    to headline i would three half gallons...finish what i could and be damned to the rest.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2017 - 6:49 PM ET #9

    I attempted this in the mid 4th quarter of the superbowl when Atlanta's defense snapped on their chin straps. 
    Sprayed liquor, salsa chips all over the wall and survived.
    Reply
    I attempted this in the mid 4th quarter of the superbowl when Atlanta's defense snapped on their chin straps. 
    Sprayed liquor, salsa chips all over the wall and survived.
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2017 - 8:12 PM ET #10

    So, is this the "Juan" that got away?
    Reply
    So, is this the "Juan" that got away?
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2017 - 11:57 PM ET #11


    I drank a 1.75 bottle of New Amsterdam Vodka over a twelve hour bender last week.  You need to pick your poison.  Tequila will get you every time. 

    Too bad the kid has to grow up with no father. 


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    I drank a 1.75 bottle of New Amsterdam Vodka over a twelve hour bender last week.  You need to pick your poison.  Tequila will get you every time. 

    Too bad the kid has to grow up with no father. 


     
    BIGfnPOO
    BIGfnPOO
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 18880
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2017 - 3:09 AM ET #12

    bigFnPOO
    Reply
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2017 - 8:08 AM ET #13

    In my drinking heyday, I drank a bottle of Patron over the course of a evening/wee hours of the morning.  I was only 5'10, 165 IBS at the time so that's kind of a lot.  

    Was sloppy and had intervals of blacking out.  Dangerous stuff when you drink in excess like that.

    This kid is just stupid/reckless.  

    Darwin Award nominee, no doubt.  
    Reply
    In my drinking heyday, I drank a bottle of Patron over the course of a evening/wee hours of the morning.  I was only 5'10, 165 IBS at the time so that's kind of a lot.  

    Was sloppy and had intervals of blacking out.  Dangerous stuff when you drink in excess like that.

    This kid is just stupid/reckless.  

    Darwin Award nominee, no doubt.  
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2017 - 8:25 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    I drank a 1.75 bottle of New Amsterdam Vodka over a twelve hour bender last week.  You need to pick your poison.  Tequila will get you every time. 

    Too bad the kid has to grow up with no father. 


    Holy Shitt, goose
     That's big time.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    I drank a 1.75 bottle of New Amsterdam Vodka over a twelve hour bender last week.  You need to pick your poison.  Tequila will get you every time. 

    Too bad the kid has to grow up with no father. 


    Holy Shitt, goose
     That's big time.

     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2017 - 9:36 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    I drank a 1.75 bottle of New Amsterdam Vodka over a twelve hour bender last week. 




    Good Lord, man! That's the Costco size one! On just a regular nothing day?!?!? I'm curious to see what you are doing for St. Patrick's Day.....


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    I drank a 1.75 bottle of New Amsterdam Vodka over a twelve hour bender last week. 




    Good Lord, man! That's the Costco size one! On just a regular nothing day?!?!? I'm curious to see what you are doing for St. Patrick's Day.....


     
    bigvern1013
    bigvern1013
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 3051
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2017 - 10:03 AM ET #16

    Goose


    The weekend football benders used to get me a few years back.....Mike's Hard Pink lemonade on Saturday morning, 18 pack Coors Light with a 5th of Jim Beam in the afternoon/evening.

    Try to come down on Sunday.....especially if I cashed a few tickets on Sat.....red wine and another 12 pack. Usually felt dead until Wed.

    Gotta hang up the drinking shoes sooner or later...

    Never Make A Winner A Loser. Never.
    Reply

    Goose


    The weekend football benders used to get me a few years back.....Mike's Hard Pink lemonade on Saturday morning, 18 pack Coors Light with a 5th of Jim Beam in the afternoon/evening.

    Try to come down on Sunday.....especially if I cashed a few tickets on Sat.....red wine and another 12 pack. Usually felt dead until Wed.

    Gotta hang up the drinking shoes sooner or later...

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2017 - 10:16 AM ET #17


    Doesn't say how large of a bottle this guy "downed without stopping".
    But those are the key words.  !.75 bottle, 80 proof, over 12 hours is very doable.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Doesn't say how large of a bottle this guy "downed without stopping".
    But those are the key words.  !.75 bottle, 80 proof, over 12 hours is very doable.
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2017 - 10:51 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Doesn't say how large of a bottle this guy "downed without stopping".
    But those are the key words.  !.75 bottle, 80 proof, over 12 hours is very doable.

    Never did this in one drinking session, but I was awfully close.  I was admitted to St. Joes in Paterson with a BAL of .36.  Doctors were amazed that I was still conscious and functioning.  That's almost death level to the inexperienced drinker.  Hospital is a lot better than a county jail so I opted to go rather than spend time in the drunk tank.    

    They had to give me Ativan for the DTs after I started coming down and was monitored for seizures.

    Like I said, excessive drinking is a very dangerous game.  I was alcoholic level of a drunkard.  I don't phuck around with that anymore.  I'm only 31 but probably have the liver of a 60 year old man.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Doesn't say how large of a bottle this guy "downed without stopping".
    But those are the key words.  !.75 bottle, 80 proof, over 12 hours is very doable.

    Never did this in one drinking session, but I was awfully close.  I was admitted to St. Joes in Paterson with a BAL of .36.  Doctors were amazed that I was still conscious and functioning.  That's almost death level to the inexperienced drinker.  Hospital is a lot better than a county jail so I opted to go rather than spend time in the drunk tank.    

    They had to give me Ativan for the DTs after I started coming down and was monitored for seizures.

    Like I said, excessive drinking is a very dangerous game.  I was alcoholic level of a drunkard.  I don't phuck around with that anymore.  I'm only 31 but probably have the liver of a 60 year old man.  
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2017 - 10:52 AM ET #19

     I once drank a 5th of JD over the course of a Saturday during CFB season........& then went out later (thanks to some overzealous friends).......bad idea.
     I couldn't imagine downing a half gallon in one day.
    Reply
     I once drank a 5th of JD over the course of a Saturday during CFB season........& then went out later (thanks to some overzealous friends).......bad idea.
     I couldn't imagine downing a half gallon in one day.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2017 - 11:07 AM ET #20


    1.5 Liters = .46 US Gal 


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    1.5 Liters = .46 US Gal 


     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2017 - 11:32 AM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    1.5 Liters = .46 US Gal 





    1.75
    Liters = .46 US Gal 
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    1.5 Liters = .46 US Gal 





    1.75
    Liters = .46 US Gal 
     
    bigvern1013
    bigvern1013
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 3051
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2017 - 12:57 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    Never did this in one drinking session, but I was awfully close.  I was admitted to St. Joes in Paterson with a BAL of .36.  Doctors were amazed that I was still conscious and functioning.  That's almost death level to the inexperienced drinker.  Hospital is a lot better than a county jail so I opted to go rather than spend time in the drunk tank.    

    They had to give me Ativan for the DTs after I started coming down and was monitored for seizures.

    Like I said, excessive drinking is a very dangerous game.  I was alcoholic level of a drunkard.  I don't phuck around with that anymore.  I'm only 31 but probably have the liver of a 60 year old man.  

    I looked into the liver damage issue.....like most things, it is unique to each person, but has largely been overblown by the media. Many health concerns from alcohol are actually reversible:

    https://www.rehabs.com/are-the-effects-of-drinking-too-much-reversible/

    Is excessive drinking good? No. Is alcohol addictive? Yes. If you quit will the body repair itself? Yes.

    But wow, .36 is monster. I won a contest with a home-breathalyzer at .22 and could still function pretty well...but things were getting hazy. A BAC of .36 is a monster.


    Never Make A Winner A Loser. Never.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    Never did this in one drinking session, but I was awfully close.  I was admitted to St. Joes in Paterson with a BAL of .36.  Doctors were amazed that I was still conscious and functioning.  That's almost death level to the inexperienced drinker.  Hospital is a lot better than a county jail so I opted to go rather than spend time in the drunk tank.    

    They had to give me Ativan for the DTs after I started coming down and was monitored for seizures.

    Like I said, excessive drinking is a very dangerous game.  I was alcoholic level of a drunkard.  I don't phuck around with that anymore.  I'm only 31 but probably have the liver of a 60 year old man.  

    I looked into the liver damage issue.....like most things, it is unique to each person, but has largely been overblown by the media. Many health concerns from alcohol are actually reversible:

    https://www.rehabs.com/are-the-effects-of-drinking-too-much-reversible/

    Is excessive drinking good? No. Is alcohol addictive? Yes. If you quit will the body repair itself? Yes.

    But wow, .36 is monster. I won a contest with a home-breathalyzer at .22 and could still function pretty well...but things were getting hazy. A BAC of .36 is a monster.


     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2017 - 1:13 PM ET #23

    Yours was probably higher than a .22.  Blood tests that they do at the hospital are a lot more accurate.  Spoke w/ other alcoholics in AA meetings and they were around the same.  Spoke w/ a guy who had a .39.  

    I agree that it could be reversible.  Since I stopped boozing, eating right and exercising, I'm a completely different person; mentally and physically.  

    DTs are no joke.  When I had problems doing something as simple as writing, I knew I had to stop.  
    Reply
    Yours was probably higher than a .22.  Blood tests that they do at the hospital are a lot more accurate.  Spoke w/ other alcoholics in AA meetings and they were around the same.  Spoke w/ a guy who had a .39.  

    I agree that it could be reversible.  Since I stopped boozing, eating right and exercising, I'm a completely different person; mentally and physically.  

    DTs are no joke.  When I had problems doing something as simple as writing, I knew I had to stop.  
     
    mbialowas
    mbialowas
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 4681
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2017 - 10:19 PM ET #24

    On a 12 hour blackjack marathon at the old O'sheas I was told by the cocktail waitresses I drank 30 Miller High Lifes. Kind of weak actually, only 2.5 beers per hour.
    Reply
    On a 12 hour blackjack marathon at the old O'sheas I was told by the cocktail waitresses I drank 30 Miller High Lifes. Kind of weak actually, only 2.5 beers per hour.
     
     
    SashimiKid
    SashimiKid
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 2090
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2017 - 10:40 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    I drank a 1.75 bottle of New Amsterdam Vodka over a twelve hour bender last week.  You need to pick your poison.  Tequila will get you every time. 

    Too bad the kid has to grow up with no father.  




    You don't have ears

    The vodker ate them
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    I drank a 1.75 bottle of New Amsterdam Vodka over a twelve hour bender last week.  You need to pick your poison.  Tequila will get you every time. 

    Too bad the kid has to grow up with no father.  




    You don't have ears

    The vodker ate them
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,061
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,733
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 356
    • MLB Playoffs 17,038
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,938
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,559
    • PART DEUX 140
    • Trump's legacy? 33,965
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 447
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,173

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.