• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    LIVING MY DREAM

    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
    earthWake
    LakeTahoeKid
    TRAIN69
    pfleet
    duke8628
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 6816
    Posts: 110
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
     
    earthWake
    earthWake
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 6196
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2013 - 4:36 PM ET #76

    Quote Originally Posted by duke8628:

    lol there are actually people who believe this guy?

    You do realize there are thousands and thousands of people who try to make a living grinding 1-2 and 2-5 poker games.

    You are like some 75 year old guy who can't wrap their head around the fact there are professional and full time poker players.

    I don't think this guy is talent enough of a poker player, or sharp enough gambler (see Lakers -9 bet) but I do give him props for giving a go at it, you only live once and if he isn't happy with his life at 50, its risky but life is about taking calculated risks. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by duke8628:

    lol there are actually people who believe this guy?

    You do realize there are thousands and thousands of people who try to make a living grinding 1-2 and 2-5 poker games.

    You are like some 75 year old guy who can't wrap their head around the fact there are professional and full time poker players.

    I don't think this guy is talent enough of a poker player, or sharp enough gambler (see Lakers -9 bet) but I do give him props for giving a go at it, you only live once and if he isn't happy with his life at 50, its risky but life is about taking calculated risks. 
     
    LakeTahoeKid
    LakeTahoeKid
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2009
    Posts: 1159
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2013 - 6:02 PM ET #77

    The only way you get any comps in Nevada these days is by playing table games and slots, but certainly NOT sports betting! And a lot of the books aren't even affiliated with the casino (i.e. William Hill, Cantor  etc.) anymore, unfortunately..

    Where your play really pays off is when you get the subsequent promotional mailers; the casino wants you back!  With slots, you want to show a high average daily play so taking several days off in between "sessions" is the ideal way to play for maximum offers.

    I had built up my play from a big drawing I won at a tribal casino (almost 3 years ago) and my last trip I stayed 2 months and only had to pay for 4 nights. A friend of mine got 2 weeks vacation and I got him casino rate for a suite at the Trop in Vegas (best panoramic view on the strip!), which then allowed me to get 5 more nights at the Rio (used my Caesars Dec offers). Caesars Ent. has the best promotional offers of all the properties because you can use them in Reno, Tahoe and Vegas. 

    I gambled a total of 8 sessions during my trip and had the worst luck ever when I lost 7 out of 8 of them for a total of $6,000. I mostly played slots and would progress from $1 to %5 denom's, but I never hit a "bell ringer" to get bailed out. The trip before I stayed 30 days, all comped, and won $1,400 on 2 $5 denom $1,200 hits.

    The bottom line is you need a big bankroll to do this (100k) and have the time off to do it. Unfortunately I'm almost broke now (paid rent, bills & cr. cards off, dental work, gold braclet, etc.) and I'm down probably 20k in slots and BJ but I've had the time of my life and got close to 200 nights comped since I hit the big one.

    As far as sports betting, in 2+ years I'm still playing on my original deposit of $1,000 ($500 at both BetOnline and youwager) but only have about half of it left. (Was up $2,300 at one point.)

    Good luck, pfleet. Enjoy it while it lasts! 


    Reply
    The only way you get any comps in Nevada these days is by playing table games and slots, but certainly NOT sports betting! And a lot of the books aren't even affiliated with the casino (i.e. William Hill, Cantor  etc.) anymore, unfortunately..

    Where your play really pays off is when you get the subsequent promotional mailers; the casino wants you back!  With slots, you want to show a high average daily play so taking several days off in between "sessions" is the ideal way to play for maximum offers.

    I had built up my play from a big drawing I won at a tribal casino (almost 3 years ago) and my last trip I stayed 2 months and only had to pay for 4 nights. A friend of mine got 2 weeks vacation and I got him casino rate for a suite at the Trop in Vegas (best panoramic view on the strip!), which then allowed me to get 5 more nights at the Rio (used my Caesars Dec offers). Caesars Ent. has the best promotional offers of all the properties because you can use them in Reno, Tahoe and Vegas. 

    I gambled a total of 8 sessions during my trip and had the worst luck ever when I lost 7 out of 8 of them for a total of $6,000. I mostly played slots and would progress from $1 to %5 denom's, but I never hit a "bell ringer" to get bailed out. The trip before I stayed 30 days, all comped, and won $1,400 on 2 $5 denom $1,200 hits.

    The bottom line is you need a big bankroll to do this (100k) and have the time off to do it. Unfortunately I'm almost broke now (paid rent, bills & cr. cards off, dental work, gold braclet, etc.) and I'm down probably 20k in slots and BJ but I've had the time of my life and got close to 200 nights comped since I hit the big one.

    As far as sports betting, in 2+ years I'm still playing on my original deposit of $1,000 ($500 at both BetOnline and youwager) but only have about half of it left. (Was up $2,300 at one point.)

    Good luck, pfleet. Enjoy it while it lasts! 


     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55718
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2013 - 8:40 PM ET #78

    Quote Originally Posted by SALTY:

    On the right sauce his dream could be over by sunrise. I don't believe this kid knows much about hard times. Or about what living the dream causes one to lose EVERYTHING every now and again. Gamblers tend to have false positive confidence in winning at games of chance. Forget yesterday and no way they drum me at blackjack 4 days in a row. Bj saps play "by the book" so they will take the book and they know every line to the movie Rounders. So they claim to be pro Bj players until they lose $25,000 on one of the cloudy daze of "I'm gonna show the casino who's boss" attitudes thanks to drugs.
    You can't understand winning until you have lost and lost big. I say this is him documenting his own plane crash. Will he survive probably not. But live and learn.
    Burn your bridges to easy street and finding yourself of lows losing money for rent. That's another great life's first we all have popped our cherry at. When you find yourself locked in a room doing drugs of choice after losing $25,000 and everybody's support which you had to disown to live the dream. I'm just kidding. No family supports a child's beliefs that involves beating casino table games for a living. Fact.
    The hourglass of gamble sand karma has already been flipped and this kid fleet will earn his wings when sand runs out and has to rebuild from nothing. Hell,
    I'm on my 3rd or 4th rebuild from scratch during my 9 lives so far. Thing about that is a true G figures out a new plan to brush that last catastrophic disaster under the rug and come back stronger with experience.
    I'm working on a killer plan now of course for my next chapter. But I love creating huge walls to scale in my path to "live the dream". I am gonna stop here because the sauce has made me forget where I was going with this or if this even makes a completed thought? I just know I need to roll a cigar cause I have to get back to finding the right path myself.

    I look at mountains and figure ways around them or through them. If you are spending too much time climbing you never get to enjoy the scenery. I've learned to control my addiction and now its just a part of my daily routine. Ive never lost money I couldnt afford to lose and havent lost any relationships over gambling. I enjoy it, but I dont let it consume me. My freinds are always in amazment when they know I have a few hundred bucks on a game and show no emotion win or lose. Its not that big a deal. There will be more games/bets tomorrow. I can see how people let it take over their life, but its just not how I roll. I wouldnt never lose everything. Never. I have learned to basically take a step back and do a 360 around my situation and see where Im headed (good or bad), this also helps at the poker table......

    I'm not real sure what you guys are whining about. This is his dream. Do your dreams invlove a cubical or a factory assembly line job? NO . Would you rather be playing poker, betting on sports, drinking like a fish and eating out all the time? Oh course "money management" and "not wasting money on drugs/alcohol" is sound advice, but who cares? Its only 25K. Not a guy in this forum that wouldnt wanna trade his job for this kids "dream" for at least a week. Fact.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by SALTY:

    On the right sauce his dream could be over by sunrise. I don't believe this kid knows much about hard times. Or about what living the dream causes one to lose EVERYTHING every now and again. Gamblers tend to have false positive confidence in winning at games of chance. Forget yesterday and no way they drum me at blackjack 4 days in a row. Bj saps play "by the book" so they will take the book and they know every line to the movie Rounders. So they claim to be pro Bj players until they lose $25,000 on one of the cloudy daze of "I'm gonna show the casino who's boss" attitudes thanks to drugs.
    You can't understand winning until you have lost and lost big. I say this is him documenting his own plane crash. Will he survive probably not. But live and learn.
    Burn your bridges to easy street and finding yourself of lows losing money for rent. That's another great life's first we all have popped our cherry at. When you find yourself locked in a room doing drugs of choice after losing $25,000 and everybody's support which you had to disown to live the dream. I'm just kidding. No family supports a child's beliefs that involves beating casino table games for a living. Fact.
    The hourglass of gamble sand karma has already been flipped and this kid fleet will earn his wings when sand runs out and has to rebuild from nothing. Hell,
    I'm on my 3rd or 4th rebuild from scratch during my 9 lives so far. Thing about that is a true G figures out a new plan to brush that last catastrophic disaster under the rug and come back stronger with experience.
    I'm working on a killer plan now of course for my next chapter. But I love creating huge walls to scale in my path to "live the dream". I am gonna stop here because the sauce has made me forget where I was going with this or if this even makes a completed thought? I just know I need to roll a cigar cause I have to get back to finding the right path myself.

    I look at mountains and figure ways around them or through them. If you are spending too much time climbing you never get to enjoy the scenery. I've learned to control my addiction and now its just a part of my daily routine. Ive never lost money I couldnt afford to lose and havent lost any relationships over gambling. I enjoy it, but I dont let it consume me. My freinds are always in amazment when they know I have a few hundred bucks on a game and show no emotion win or lose. Its not that big a deal. There will be more games/bets tomorrow. I can see how people let it take over their life, but its just not how I roll. I wouldnt never lose everything. Never. I have learned to basically take a step back and do a 360 around my situation and see where Im headed (good or bad), this also helps at the poker table......

    I'm not real sure what you guys are whining about. This is his dream. Do your dreams invlove a cubical or a factory assembly line job? NO . Would you rather be playing poker, betting on sports, drinking like a fish and eating out all the time? Oh course "money management" and "not wasting money on drugs/alcohol" is sound advice, but who cares? Its only 25K. Not a guy in this forum that wouldnt wanna trade his job for this kids "dream" for at least a week. Fact.

     
    pfleet
    pfleet
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 931
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2013 - 1:28 AM ET #79

    night ended another day begun  
    had a great day so happy to see the wife my partner in crime
    checked back in the taj got a nice suite will be here till monday
    went out early got her a nice bag from coach and some lingerie from vs  went to diner at bobby flay and caught the comedy show  we separated for a little as always she loves the slots and thinks i jinx her lol always gives me my poker time 
    as i type this i realize that our trips to ac every 4 months is enough
    the gambler life full time isnt for me   to be by myself and not with my family and friends
    lost 200 tonight at taj 1/2 just playing bad calling  tptk ugh
    did hit my 2 nba games +800  so up 600 for night
    bankroll now at 23,800
    off to borgata early try to make the 12pm 25k tourney
    maybe also the sat tourney
    again thanks for all the encouragement and advise


    Reply
    night ended another day begun  
    had a great day so happy to see the wife my partner in crime
    checked back in the taj got a nice suite will be here till monday
    went out early got her a nice bag from coach and some lingerie from vs  went to diner at bobby flay and caught the comedy show  we separated for a little as always she loves the slots and thinks i jinx her lol always gives me my poker time 
    as i type this i realize that our trips to ac every 4 months is enough
    the gambler life full time isnt for me   to be by myself and not with my family and friends
    lost 200 tonight at taj 1/2 just playing bad calling  tptk ugh
    did hit my 2 nba games +800  so up 600 for night
    bankroll now at 23,800
    off to borgata early try to make the 12pm 25k tourney
    maybe also the sat tourney
    again thanks for all the encouragement and advise


     
    duke8628
    duke8628
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 1611
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2013 - 10:02 AM ET #80

    Quote Originally Posted by earthWake:


    You do realize there are thousands and thousands of people who try to make a living grinding 1-2 and 2-5 poker games.

    You are like some 75 year old guy who can't wrap their head around the fact there are professional and full time poker players.

    I don't think this guy is talent enough of a poker player, or sharp enough gambler (see Lakers -9 bet) but I do give him props for giving a go at it, you only live once and if he isn't happy with his life at 50, its risky but life is about taking calculated risks. 

    lol boy, you must get scammed all the time. 

    Maybe we should ask the guy to post a pic of his suite at the taj? People on this site are degenerate gamblers who crave attention.  This guy is attention-seeking professional wannabe until he proves otherwise.  When he does, I shall eat my words.

    Also, calling me 75 years old- very slick.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by earthWake:


    You do realize there are thousands and thousands of people who try to make a living grinding 1-2 and 2-5 poker games.

    You are like some 75 year old guy who can't wrap their head around the fact there are professional and full time poker players.

    I don't think this guy is talent enough of a poker player, or sharp enough gambler (see Lakers -9 bet) but I do give him props for giving a go at it, you only live once and if he isn't happy with his life at 50, its risky but life is about taking calculated risks. 

    lol boy, you must get scammed all the time. 

    Maybe we should ask the guy to post a pic of his suite at the taj? People on this site are degenerate gamblers who crave attention.  This guy is attention-seeking professional wannabe until he proves otherwise.  When he does, I shall eat my words.

    Also, calling me 75 years old- very slick.

     
    duke8628
    duke8628
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 1611
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2013 - 10:05 AM ET #81

    Also, no "professional" who does this for a living checks in to covers.com every day to post incomplete (and sometimes incoherent) sentences about his day.
    Reply
    Also, no "professional" who does this for a living checks in to covers.com every day to post incomplete (and sometimes incoherent) sentences about his day.
     
    pfleet
    pfleet
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 931
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2013 - 11:20 AM ET #82

    tell me how to send photos
    got lots of pics
    Reply
    tell me how to send photos
    got lots of pics
     
    Jelax
    Jelax
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 2401
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2013 - 11:40 AM ET #83

    Pfleet - would you agree to grab a drink (on me of course) toward the end of the month?  I'd be happy to clear up once and for if you exist.
    Reply
    Pfleet - would you agree to grab a drink (on me of course) toward the end of the month?  I'd be happy to clear up once and for if you exist.
     
    duke8628
    duke8628
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 1611
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2013 - 12:12 PM ET #84

    I'm a man of my word, and I will eat them.  My apologies to you and your dream fleet.  I've just seen too many guys fake their way into doing the same thing and getting caught.

    Good luck!

    Reply

    I'm a man of my word, and I will eat them.  My apologies to you and your dream fleet.  I've just seen too many guys fake their way into doing the same thing and getting caught.

    Good luck!

     
    earthWake
    earthWake
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 6196
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2013 - 4:19 PM ET #85

    Quote Originally Posted by duke8628:

    lol boy, you must get scammed all the time. 

    Maybe we should ask the guy to post a pic of his suite at the taj? People on this site are degenerate gamblers who crave attention.  This guy is attention-seeking professional wannabe until he proves otherwise.  When he does, I shall eat my words.

    Also, calling me 75 years old- very slick.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by duke8628:

    lol boy, you must get scammed all the time. 

    Maybe we should ask the guy to post a pic of his suite at the taj? People on this site are degenerate gamblers who crave attention.  This guy is attention-seeking professional wannabe until he proves otherwise.  When he does, I shall eat my words.

    Also, calling me 75 years old- very slick.


     
    ocd
    ocd
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 1581
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2013 - 7:46 PM ET #86

    train, nothing against you, but that "life" isnt glamourous.

    a wk of going to have fun, ok. but the real everyday grind isnt fun. its work. and mixing the degenerate lifestyle is a bad idea. that environment gets old, quickly. no matter what age.

    been there done that. for multiple yrs..

    its a lonely gig.....

    Reply

    train, nothing against you, but that "life" isnt glamourous.

    a wk of going to have fun, ok. but the real everyday grind isnt fun. its work. and mixing the degenerate lifestyle is a bad idea. that environment gets old, quickly. no matter what age.

    been there done that. for multiple yrs..

    its a lonely gig.....

     
    earthWake
    earthWake
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 6196
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2013 - 7:56 PM ET #87

    I agree with OCD.

    I love poker more than almost anything, and the daily grind takes a physical and emotional toll on you.

    99% of the people who glamorize it are just in jobs they dislike and think gambling for a living would be fun.

    The ups, downs, long hours, grinding, bad beats take years off your life. When I first turned 21, I played 5-6 days a week almost 80 hours a week for a year. I made decent money, but it really did make me lose a lot of the love I had for the game.

    Honestly the best part was just the cool people (mostly dealers) that you meet. Thats just me though. (well its me, ocd, OP and I'm sure many, many others)
    Reply
    I agree with OCD.

    I love poker more than almost anything, and the daily grind takes a physical and emotional toll on you.

    99% of the people who glamorize it are just in jobs they dislike and think gambling for a living would be fun.

    The ups, downs, long hours, grinding, bad beats take years off your life. When I first turned 21, I played 5-6 days a week almost 80 hours a week for a year. I made decent money, but it really did make me lose a lot of the love I had for the game.

    Honestly the best part was just the cool people (mostly dealers) that you meet. Thats just me though. (well its me, ocd, OP and I'm sure many, many others)
     
    ocd
    ocd
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 1581
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2013 - 9:07 PM ET #88

    ew, u hit it spot on. i used to love gambling back in the day. then i turned to the grind. now i havnt for yrs. and i only wager on sports. not a poker star.

    wud shack up in a hotel suite for wks during this time of the yr for cbball. living in a hotel gets old after awhile, no matter how great your accomodations are. then id drive a few hrs away to go home to rest for so many days. then right back to the casinos for another few wks of grinding it out. jan thru march for multiple yrs. then wud drive just for the wknd almost every wk during cftball season.

    didnt get burned out sorta speak. just after so many yrs, i didnt want to end up like sydney in hard eight.

    internet wagering...

    gl op.

    Reply

    ew, u hit it spot on. i used to love gambling back in the day. then i turned to the grind. now i havnt for yrs. and i only wager on sports. not a poker star.

    wud shack up in a hotel suite for wks during this time of the yr for cbball. living in a hotel gets old after awhile, no matter how great your accomodations are. then id drive a few hrs away to go home to rest for so many days. then right back to the casinos for another few wks of grinding it out. jan thru march for multiple yrs. then wud drive just for the wknd almost every wk during cftball season.

    didnt get burned out sorta speak. just after so many yrs, i didnt want to end up like sydney in hard eight.

    internet wagering...

    gl op.

     
    rr207
    rr207
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 3743
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2013 - 10:30 PM ET #89

    Holy crap 

    Please save yourself 
    Reply
    Holy crap 

    Please save yourself 
     
    pfleet
    pfleet
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 931
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2013 - 2:33 AM ET #90

    ugh another  late night up early walking  started 7 pm torney showboat busted no renetry showtime again some great dancers went 1/2 buy in 200 was up to 5somthin faded away lost track game going out smaoke  going for cig by bar by dancers lost buy in
    discustited spew more in bj  no bb today  sleep time
    Reply
    ugh another  late night up early walking  started 7 pm torney showboat busted no renetry showtime again some great dancers went 1/2 buy in 200 was up to 5somthin faded away lost track game going out smaoke  going for cig by bar by dancers lost buy in
    discustited spew more in bj  no bb today  sleep time
     
    Jelax
    Jelax
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 2401
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2013 - 7:38 AM ET #91

    I often hear about the weekend dancers at showboat...are they as nice as advertised?
    Reply
    I often hear about the weekend dancers at showboat...are they as nice as advertised?
     
    sports2easy
    sports2easy
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 365
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2013 - 9:42 AM ET #92

    Just read this whole thing. Didn't realize it was newish. Was hoping for a conclusion.
    Reply
    Just read this whole thing. Didn't realize it was newish. Was hoping for a conclusion.
     
    ZiggyDawg
    ZiggyDawg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5532
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2013 - 10:53 AM ET #93

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    One thing about Harrah's...whenever I need a break there (winning or losing) I go out on the boardwalk off the poker room for some cold fresh air..  .....


    I do the same all the time for a smoke. Nice calm ocean view. I prob walked passed you at times haha.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    One thing about Harrah's...whenever I need a break there (winning or losing) I go out on the boardwalk off the poker room for some cold fresh air..  .....


    I do the same all the time for a smoke. Nice calm ocean view. I prob walked passed you at times haha.
     
    pfleet
    pfleet
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 931
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2013 - 11:40 AM ET #94

    long night waiting on breakfast   -1300 last night gotta stay away from the piits
    slide door left open  cold but refreshing sitting on balcony
    she hitting the outlets me im gonna eat smoke and go back to bed
    borgata or bust tonight
    Reply
    long night waiting on breakfast   -1300 last night gotta stay away from the piits
    slide door left open  cold but refreshing sitting on balcony
    she hitting the outlets me im gonna eat smoke and go back to bed
    borgata or bust tonight
     
    Everest17
    Everest17
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 982
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2013 - 6:42 PM ET #95

    Basically, you're harming yourself and losing money at the moment. Hope it's fun.
    Reply
    Basically, you're harming yourself and losing money at the moment. Hope it's fun.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2013 - 8:00 PM ET #96

    Quote Originally Posted by sports2easy:

    Just read this whole thing. Didn't realize it was newish. Was hoping for a conclusion.



    10-1 it isn't going to be pretty.

    But I know this for fact...  You are never a loser until your azz is on the way back home.

    I have had countless casino trips over the years that I've caught huge late winning streaks and bailed out plus.  It can happen if you're smart enough to press the winning streak.  This guy sounds like he has already lost his confidence and that is a bad thing.  If you get gun shy, it plays into the casino's hand.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sports2easy:

    Just read this whole thing. Didn't realize it was newish. Was hoping for a conclusion.



    10-1 it isn't going to be pretty.

    But I know this for fact...  You are never a loser until your azz is on the way back home.

    I have had countless casino trips over the years that I've caught huge late winning streaks and bailed out plus.  It can happen if you're smart enough to press the winning streak.  This guy sounds like he has already lost his confidence and that is a bad thing.  If you get gun shy, it plays into the casino's hand.
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2013 - 8:20 PM ET #97

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyDawg:



    I do the same all the time for a smoke. Nice calm ocean view. I prob walked passed you at times haha.

    Yeah man,I refer to it as 'Bird therapy'  to my buddy-.like i'm a freaking nutcase in an institution..(which I am and the institution is Harrah's) it's just nice to escape the casino noise and crap and regroup,have a smoke and all you hear are the gulls..

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyDawg:



    I do the same all the time for a smoke. Nice calm ocean view. I prob walked passed you at times haha.

    Yeah man,I refer to it as 'Bird therapy'  to my buddy-.like i'm a freaking nutcase in an institution..(which I am and the institution is Harrah's) it's just nice to escape the casino noise and crap and regroup,have a smoke and all you hear are the gulls..

     

     
    pfleet
    pfleet
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 931
    Posted: Feb. 18, 2013 - 2:02 PM ET #98

    13 days in my longest stay by far
    we have been coming down for years and recently for the main event at the borgata opens 

    as i look back on my stay so far its been a lot of crazy smoke filled heineken drinking days lol 
    im not getting any younger and im not disciplined enough to make this a full time thing   lucky i am able to do things in life that i enjoy

    great weekend we hit borgata sat night
    dinner at old homestead mmm good   played some 2/5 no drinking
    lost -750 overplaying my top pair after flop lost to 2 pair
    called it a early night got debbie and got a good night sleep

    sunday slept late we hit up trop ceasers bally  lost about 60 in video poker and roulettte playin 25c a spin to pass time while debbie does her thing  had early dinner at rainforest cafe
    back to room we started partying the night away
    played some 1/2 won about 180 after about 4 hrs
    big score of night plus 3300 in bj was on fire started at 100 a hand was up to 500 a hand bought in for 1000 whew thank god debbie was with me to say enough   stay extended till fri  using her free nights but paying 100 a night extra for upgrade
    bankroll at $25,920 up a big 420 after 13 days so lucky could be alot worse   running low on spending money might have to take from bankroll   we are going to bally buffett for lunch then check out the rv show in the convention ctr always wanted to go coss country

    Reply
    13 days in my longest stay by far
    we have been coming down for years and recently for the main event at the borgata opens 

    as i look back on my stay so far its been a lot of crazy smoke filled heineken drinking days lol 
    im not getting any younger and im not disciplined enough to make this a full time thing   lucky i am able to do things in life that i enjoy

    great weekend we hit borgata sat night
    dinner at old homestead mmm good   played some 2/5 no drinking
    lost -750 overplaying my top pair after flop lost to 2 pair
    called it a early night got debbie and got a good night sleep

    sunday slept late we hit up trop ceasers bally  lost about 60 in video poker and roulettte playin 25c a spin to pass time while debbie does her thing  had early dinner at rainforest cafe
    back to room we started partying the night away
    played some 1/2 won about 180 after about 4 hrs
    big score of night plus 3300 in bj was on fire started at 100 a hand was up to 500 a hand bought in for 1000 whew thank god debbie was with me to say enough   stay extended till fri  using her free nights but paying 100 a night extra for upgrade
    bankroll at $25,920 up a big 420 after 13 days so lucky could be alot worse   running low on spending money might have to take from bankroll   we are going to bally buffett for lunch then check out the rv show in the convention ctr always wanted to go coss country

     
    TheJonner
    TheJonner
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 3837
    Posted: Feb. 18, 2013 - 9:22 PM ET #99

    Debbie seems like a keeper. My wife would have left me 12.5 days ago if I tried to pull off what you are doing now. Keep it up. Enjoying the updates. Good luck.
    Reply
    Debbie seems like a keeper. My wife would have left me 12.5 days ago if I tried to pull off what you are doing now. Keep it up. Enjoying the updates. Good luck.
     
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2013 - 7:35 AM ET #100

    Quote Originally Posted by earthWake:

    I agree with OCD.

    I love poker more than almost anything, and the daily grind takes a physical and emotional toll on you.

    99% of the people who glamorize it are just in jobs they dislike and think gambling for a living would be fun.

    The ups, downs, long hours, grinding, bad beats take years off your life. When I first turned 21, I played 5-6 days a week almost 80 hours a week for a year. I made decent money, but it really did make me lose a lot of the love I had for the game.

    Honestly the best part was just the cool people (mostly dealers) that you meet. Thats just me though. (well its me, ocd, OP and I'm sure many, many others)


    I played a Ton and most of these people were the scum of the earth .. Lied about everything, right down to the dumbest things .. NEVER saw a woman naked, unless it was a prosti .... 


    Totally agree on the grinding . I did it for 1 year solid and was totally burned out , Ups and downs , and like you mentioned the bad beats add up ... 
    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by earthWake:

    I agree with OCD.

    I love poker more than almost anything, and the daily grind takes a physical and emotional toll on you.

    99% of the people who glamorize it are just in jobs they dislike and think gambling for a living would be fun.

    The ups, downs, long hours, grinding, bad beats take years off your life. When I first turned 21, I played 5-6 days a week almost 80 hours a week for a year. I made decent money, but it really did make me lose a lot of the love I had for the game.

    Honestly the best part was just the cool people (mostly dealers) that you meet. Thats just me though. (well its me, ocd, OP and I'm sure many, many others)


    I played a Ton and most of these people were the scum of the earth .. Lied about everything, right down to the dumbest things .. NEVER saw a woman naked, unless it was a prosti .... 


    Totally agree on the grinding . I did it for 1 year solid and was totally burned out , Ups and downs , and like you mentioned the bad beats add up ... 
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,849
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 441
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,593
    • MLB Playoffs 16,789
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,143
    • PART DEUX 129
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,393
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,233
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.