Great fundamentals displayed by these kids as well as sportsmanship.......
Except for the New Hampshire Manager who purposefully didn't play one of his players in an attempt to beat Maine in the last inning.
Every player must have a least one at bat or play in the field. It's a rule. The penalty for not following the rule is the Manager is suspended for 2 games.NH ended up losing the game & the Manager is going to lose respect across the country.
Winning at all costs is not the message you want to send to these kids. If I was the young boy's father who didn't play, I would kick the Manager's butt so that he would never be allowed to manage another game.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Great fundamentals displayed by these kids as well as sportsmanship.......
Except for the New Hampshire Manager who purposefully didn't play one of his players in an attempt to beat Maine in the last inning.
Every player must have a least one at bat or play in the field. It's a rule. The penalty for not following the rule is the Manager is suspended for 2 games.NH ended up losing the game & the Manager is going to lose respect across the country.
Winning at all costs is not the message you want to send to these kids. If I was the young boy's father who didn't play, I would kick the Manager's butt so that he would never be allowed to manage another game.
Evidently the coach "asked" the kid to bat in the 4th inning but said the kid wasn't feeling well. He certainly wasn't going to put him in when the game was on the line.
Bush move on his part...
Evidently the coach "asked" the kid to bat in the 4th inning but said the kid wasn't feeling well. He certainly wasn't going to put him in when the game was on the line.
Great fundamentals displayed by these kids as well as sportsmanship.......
Except for the New Hampshire Manager who purposefully didn't play one of his players in an attempt to beat Maine in the last inning.
Every player must have a least one at bat or play in the field. It's a rule. The penalty for not following the rule is the Manager is suspended for 2 games.NH ended up losing the game & the Manager is going to lose respect across the country.
Winning at all costs is not the message you want to send to these kids. If I was the young boy's father who didn't play, I would kick the Manager's butt so that he would never be allowed to manage another game.
I'm in total agreement, well said Midnight1.....I have both played and coached Little League baseball, taking a two game suspension, and out casting a team mate is just about as low as a selfish coach can go..he should be shunned from further coaching on any little league level
Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:
Great fundamentals displayed by these kids as well as sportsmanship.......
Except for the New Hampshire Manager who purposefully didn't play one of his players in an attempt to beat Maine in the last inning.
Every player must have a least one at bat or play in the field. It's a rule. The penalty for not following the rule is the Manager is suspended for 2 games.NH ended up losing the game & the Manager is going to lose respect across the country.
Winning at all costs is not the message you want to send to these kids. If I was the young boy's father who didn't play, I would kick the Manager's butt so that he would never be allowed to manage another game.
I'm in total agreement, well said Midnight1.....I have both played and coached Little League baseball, taking a two game suspension, and out casting a team mate is just about as low as a selfish coach can go..he should be shunned from further coaching on any little league level
Slob, in all due respect, we're talking about Little League baseball here, you know, 10, 11, and 12.5 boys having fun, not grown men participating in the NFL. for millions of $...take care
Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:
Well in the manager's defense:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-iJUuPWis
Slob, in all due respect, we're talking about Little League baseball here, you know, 10, 11, and 12.5 boys having fun, not grown men participating in the NFL. for millions of $...take care
Starting Thursday we get to see the best of the best.
I'm amazed at how many double plays are made, how kids hit the cutoff man, how they back up the bases & run the bases. Late in the game, the catcher becomes the most important player on the field trying to block pitches in the dirt to stop a run from scoring. AND these kids can actually lay down a bunt!
Starting Thursday we get to see the best of the best.
I'm amazed at how many double plays are made, how kids hit the cutoff man, how they back up the bases & run the bases. Late in the game, the catcher becomes the most important player on the field trying to block pitches in the dirt to stop a run from scoring. AND these kids can actually lay down a bunt!
Coach asked the kid to bat, and the kid declined (I never heard the part where he wasn't feeling well). With the game on the line and two outs, he didn't want to ;put the kid up there with all that pressure.
I'm going to have to start watching, I guess. Guys, help a brother out with a MILF alert once in a while!
Coach asked the kid to bat, and the kid declined (I never heard the part where he wasn't feeling well). With the game on the line and two outs, he didn't want to ;put the kid up there with all that pressure.
I'm going to have to start watching, I guess. Guys, help a brother out with a MILF alert once in a while!
Slob, in all due respect, we're talking about Little League baseball here, you know, 10, 11, and 12.5 boys having fun, not grown men participating in the NFL. for millions of $...take care
Not sure how it is in LL, but in ice hockey we played to win. Then again, I also played a before this entire "participation trophy" era.
Anyways, I was just trying to make light of it; playing Devils Advocate so to speak. No disrespect to the little ones.
Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:
Slob, in all due respect, we're talking about Little League baseball here, you know, 10, 11, and 12.5 boys having fun, not grown men participating in the NFL. for millions of $...take care
Not sure how it is in LL, but in ice hockey we played to win. Then again, I also played a before this entire "participation trophy" era.
Anyways, I was just trying to make light of it; playing Devils Advocate so to speak. No disrespect to the little ones.
These umps are all volunteers & many of them have been doing it for years. During the regional games there were some awful calls but the replays corrected the bad calls.
No replays on balls/strikes & there was a horrible strike call against North Carolina but the kid ended up getting a hit.
I love that the kids run up to the plate & back to the dugout. MLB could learn so much by watching these kids & their coaches.
These umps are all volunteers & many of them have been doing it for years. During the regional games there were some awful calls but the replays corrected the bad calls.
No replays on balls/strikes & there was a horrible strike call against North Carolina but the kid ended up getting a hit.
I love that the kids run up to the plate & back to the dugout. MLB could learn so much by watching these kids & their coaches.