• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Jury Duty

    «First Previous 12
    Slobbasaurus
    I-Got-5-On-It
    gfinger
    VanDutch
    jamesxnj
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2896
    Posts: 40
    «First Previous 12
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Apr. 14, 2016 - 3:50 PM ET #26

    Well you gentlemen are retired.  I wouldn't find serving if it would not affect my co-workers.  I know it's my civic duty and all but I'm going to try to get out if I can.  

    There's no need for me to do it when someone like yourselves is willing to step up.  I'll serve when I retire in 30 some-odd years
    Reply
    Well you gentlemen are retired.  I wouldn't find serving if it would not affect my co-workers.  I know it's my civic duty and all but I'm going to try to get out if I can.  

    There's no need for me to do it when someone like yourselves is willing to step up.  I'll serve when I retire in 30 some-odd years
     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Apr. 14, 2016 - 5:55 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Thats crazy..

    Here if you ignore it they can issue a summons for arrest...




    also true in most countries I believe 

    better off pulling a Larry David 

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94zkBGm1IoU  
    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Thats crazy..

    Here if you ignore it they can issue a summons for arrest...




    also true in most countries I believe 

    better off pulling a Larry David 

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94zkBGm1IoU  
     
    gfinger
    gfinger
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2003
    Posts: 8346
    Posted: Apr. 14, 2016 - 10:35 PM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:

    Jury Summons....right in the Trash 

    Same here. I have way better things to do than serve on a jury.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:

    Jury Summons....right in the Trash 

    Same here. I have way better things to do than serve on a jury.


     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Apr. 14, 2016 - 11:29 PM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    How many times in a row now have you thrown it away? I used to do the same thing, but after about 3 or 4 times in a row, it will come certified mail.....




    I'm not sure my GF would always get the mail , and one time , (one time only), I told her " I don't have to tell you what to do with a Summons if it come in the mail do I ? " ... 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    How many times in a row now have you thrown it away? I used to do the same thing, but after about 3 or 4 times in a row, it will come certified mail.....




    I'm not sure my GF would always get the mail , and one time , (one time only), I told her " I don't have to tell you what to do with a Summons if it come in the mail do I ? " ... 
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2016 - 6:15 PM ET #30

    Been called a few times (Lee County,FL)

    Be in Ft,Myers courthouse by 8 am..PIA right there through the ghetto to find jury's parking lot.Hopefully not raining as it is quite a walk to the building and get through security on time..

    Could be a crowd of 250 or more and once settled into the room you notice these are all working people who do not want to be there and $15 a day is a joke...Thinking to myself If I was ever wrongly accused of a crime,how much time would these people spend on my case or thiers,which is getting the F outtha here asap?

    Horrible experience here..You are being Legally held against your will.

    Guy I work with actually got picked on a Friday out of the group to continue on to the next day on a monday..He had to buy clothes that fitted the courtroom standard and shoes also iirc...Guy did not need that extra expense/trouble in his life at that point..

    I'm cool with civic duty et all but we should be able to schedule our own time to be called and employers be forced to comply with that..Pay some retired to be on a short list..make them an option for both sides of the case(s)..

    I'd throw away the summons also if I was not sure the next time I roll through a stop sign or some garbage and there is an arrest warrant out on my DL....

    Leaving this courthouse here at 12 pm is like nailing a 10-1 at the track...Freedom!

    Reply

    Been called a few times (Lee County,FL)

    Be in Ft,Myers courthouse by 8 am..PIA right there through the ghetto to find jury's parking lot.Hopefully not raining as it is quite a walk to the building and get through security on time..

    Could be a crowd of 250 or more and once settled into the room you notice these are all working people who do not want to be there and $15 a day is a joke...Thinking to myself If I was ever wrongly accused of a crime,how much time would these people spend on my case or thiers,which is getting the F outtha here asap?

    Horrible experience here..You are being Legally held against your will.

    Guy I work with actually got picked on a Friday out of the group to continue on to the next day on a monday..He had to buy clothes that fitted the courtroom standard and shoes also iirc...Guy did not need that extra expense/trouble in his life at that point..

    I'm cool with civic duty et all but we should be able to schedule our own time to be called and employers be forced to comply with that..Pay some retired to be on a short list..make them an option for both sides of the case(s)..

    I'd throw away the summons also if I was not sure the next time I roll through a stop sign or some garbage and there is an arrest warrant out on my DL....

    Leaving this courthouse here at 12 pm is like nailing a 10-1 at the track...Freedom!

     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2016 - 7:21 PM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    Been called a few times (Lee County,FL)

    Be in Ft,Myers courthouse by 8 am..PIA right there through the ghetto to find jury's parking lot.Hopefully not raining as it is quite a walk to the building and get through security on time..

    Could be a crowd of 250 or more and once settled into the room you notice these are all working people who do not want to be there and $15 a day is a joke...Thinking to myself If I was ever wrongly accused of a crime,how much time would these people spend on my case or thiers,which is getting the F outtha here asap?

    Horrible experience here..You are being Legally held against your will.

    Guy I work with actually got picked on a Friday out of the group to continue on to the next day on a monday..He had to buy clothes that fitted the courtroom standard and shoes also iirc...Guy did not need that extra expense/trouble in his life at that point..

    I'm cool with civic duty et all but we should be able to schedule our own time to be called and employers be forced to comply with that..Pay some retired to be on a short list..make them an option for both sides of the case(s)..

    I'd throw away the summons also if I was not sure the next time I roll through a stop sign or some garbage and there is an arrest warrant out on my DL....

    Leaving this courthouse here at 12 pm is like nailing a 10-1 at the track...Freedom!


    He's a grown man and doesn't own a suit or anything that can pass as business casual?  

    Does he still live with his mother too?

    I don't want to come across as a D!ck to you, but I find it funny that your co-worker is an adult that doesn't own attire that would be appropriate for a decent restaurant.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    Been called a few times (Lee County,FL)

    Be in Ft,Myers courthouse by 8 am..PIA right there through the ghetto to find jury's parking lot.Hopefully not raining as it is quite a walk to the building and get through security on time..

    Could be a crowd of 250 or more and once settled into the room you notice these are all working people who do not want to be there and $15 a day is a joke...Thinking to myself If I was ever wrongly accused of a crime,how much time would these people spend on my case or thiers,which is getting the F outtha here asap?

    Horrible experience here..You are being Legally held against your will.

    Guy I work with actually got picked on a Friday out of the group to continue on to the next day on a monday..He had to buy clothes that fitted the courtroom standard and shoes also iirc...Guy did not need that extra expense/trouble in his life at that point..

    I'm cool with civic duty et all but we should be able to schedule our own time to be called and employers be forced to comply with that..Pay some retired to be on a short list..make them an option for both sides of the case(s)..

    I'd throw away the summons also if I was not sure the next time I roll through a stop sign or some garbage and there is an arrest warrant out on my DL....

    Leaving this courthouse here at 12 pm is like nailing a 10-1 at the track...Freedom!


    He's a grown man and doesn't own a suit or anything that can pass as business casual?  

    Does he still live with his mother too?

    I don't want to come across as a D!ck to you, but I find it funny that your co-worker is an adult that doesn't own attire that would be appropriate for a decent restaurant.  
     
    idle_havoc
    idle_havoc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 4518
    Posted: Apr. 18, 2016 - 1:27 AM ET #32

    My father -in-law got summoned a few years ago, about a year previous to that he had surgery to remove a tumor from his brain and they drilled through his skull. he had a soft spot in that area afterwards, when the judge asked if anyone has reason to be relieved from jury duty he jumped up and said "Ya I got a hole in my head" he was immediately dismissed no questions asked.

    Gotta go pee!
    Reply
    My father -in-law got summoned a few years ago, about a year previous to that he had surgery to remove a tumor from his brain and they drilled through his skull. he had a soft spot in that area afterwards, when the judge asked if anyone has reason to be relieved from jury duty he jumped up and said "Ya I got a hole in my head" he was immediately dismissed no questions asked.

     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Apr. 18, 2016 - 8:28 AM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    He's a grown man and doesn't own a suit or anything that can pass as business casual?  

    Does he still live with his mother too?

    I don't want to come across as a D!ck to you, but I find it funny that your co-worker is an adult that doesn't own attire that would be appropriate for a decent restaurant.  

    Yes he had to buy shoes and a collared shirt(s) and he did live with his mother for a time.Brazillian guy who worked the cruise shipsMost people you work with in the food service industry do not own GQ worthy warddrobes inc myself.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    He's a grown man and doesn't own a suit or anything that can pass as business casual?  

    Does he still live with his mother too?

    I don't want to come across as a D!ck to you, but I find it funny that your co-worker is an adult that doesn't own attire that would be appropriate for a decent restaurant.  

    Yes he had to buy shoes and a collared shirt(s) and he did live with his mother for a time.Brazillian guy who worked the cruise shipsMost people you work with in the food service industry do not own GQ worthy warddrobes inc myself.

     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Apr. 18, 2016 - 10:19 AM ET #34

    Ok, I got you. 

     
    Reply
    Ok, I got you. 

     
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Apr. 28, 2016 - 8:39 PM ET #35

    Got my $60 check for three full days service.  No Mileage Pay.

    Bank of America made me produce my Drivers License, a Credit Card, and I had to Fingerprint the check to cash it.

    This is why I never do business with these Corporate Fukks.

    Ridiculous.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Got my $60 check for three full days service.  No Mileage Pay.

    Bank of America made me produce my Drivers License, a Credit Card, and I had to Fingerprint the check to cash it.

    This is why I never do business with these Corporate Fukks.

    Ridiculous.
     
    steve1203
    steve1203
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 335
    Posted: Apr. 30, 2016 - 4:22 AM ET #36

    In the Bay Area, they mail the summons twice. Once about a month out. Then again close to the week of possible service.

    So you can't really do the "never got it" excuse.
    Reply
    In the Bay Area, they mail the summons twice. Once about a month out. Then again close to the week of possible service.

    So you can't really do the "never got it" excuse.
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: May. 3, 2016 - 3:33 PM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Got my $60 check for three full days service.  No Mileage Pay.

    Bank of America made me produce my Drivers License, a Credit Card, and I had to Fingerprint the check to cash it.

    This is why I never do business with these Corporate Fukks.

    Ridiculous.

    So you don't have a checking/savings/retirement account from any bank?

    I think you mentioned that you no longer had a mortgage.

    I understand your hatred for Corporate America but it's hard to avoid doing business with them, unless you go off the grid like Teddy K.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Got my $60 check for three full days service.  No Mileage Pay.

    Bank of America made me produce my Drivers License, a Credit Card, and I had to Fingerprint the check to cash it.

    This is why I never do business with these Corporate Fukks.

    Ridiculous.

    So you don't have a checking/savings/retirement account from any bank?

    I think you mentioned that you no longer had a mortgage.

    I understand your hatred for Corporate America but it's hard to avoid doing business with them, unless you go off the grid like Teddy K.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 3, 2016 - 7:15 PM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    So you don't have a checking/savings/retirement account from any bank?

    I think you mentioned that you no longer had a mortgage.

    I understand your hatred for Corporate America but it's hard to avoid doing business with them, unless you go off the grid like Teddy K.



    I don't have any accounts with Bank of America which the State of CT check was drawn.  Just think that it is ridiculous that I showed two forms of valid ID and then also had to put my thumbprint on the front of the check.  If I deposited that check into my savings account it would take those Corporate Fukks a week to clear the check.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    So you don't have a checking/savings/retirement account from any bank?

    I think you mentioned that you no longer had a mortgage.

    I understand your hatred for Corporate America but it's hard to avoid doing business with them, unless you go off the grid like Teddy K.



    I don't have any accounts with Bank of America which the State of CT check was drawn.  Just think that it is ridiculous that I showed two forms of valid ID and then also had to put my thumbprint on the front of the check.  If I deposited that check into my savings account it would take those Corporate Fukks a week to clear the check.


     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: May. 4, 2016 - 9:57 AM ET #39

    You mean they didn't ask you for a blood and stool sample?  Hahaha

    Yeah, I agree, that's complete BS

    For my first paycheck for my new job, I had to accept a paycheck before I could start with the direct deposit.  I went to a TD Bank (the bank of my employer), and they asked for the same thing, which was ok with me.  

    However, they then told me that it would be $9 to cash it because I was not a TD customer, which is BS.  Didn't matter that the check came from TD Bank.  It was the first time I heard of this.

    I wouldn't give them the satisfaction and waited the 2 days for it to clear.  Since when does a bank not cash it's own check.  I told the manager that I would never bank with them because of this BS.  
    Reply
    You mean they didn't ask you for a blood and stool sample?  Hahaha

    Yeah, I agree, that's complete BS

    For my first paycheck for my new job, I had to accept a paycheck before I could start with the direct deposit.  I went to a TD Bank (the bank of my employer), and they asked for the same thing, which was ok with me.  

    However, they then told me that it would be $9 to cash it because I was not a TD customer, which is BS.  Didn't matter that the check came from TD Bank.  It was the first time I heard of this.

    I wouldn't give them the satisfaction and waited the 2 days for it to clear.  Since when does a bank not cash it's own check.  I told the manager that I would never bank with them because of this BS.  
     
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 4, 2016 - 7:37 PM ET #40

    Same thing happened to me at a TD Bank.  I left a $2K CASH DEPOSIT on a car at a dealership.  To make a long story short the deal fell through and I wanted my $2K back.  The dealership gave me a TD Bank North Check which I immediately took to a TD Bank and those crooks charged me $7 TO CASH THEIR OWN CHECK.

    Thinking this has GOT to be wrong I called the State of CT Banking Commission.  To my horror was told this is a perfectly legal banking practice when you do not have an account with that particular bank.  It's very easy to see who our State Representatives are working for because it certainly is not the people.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Same thing happened to me at a TD Bank.  I left a $2K CASH DEPOSIT on a car at a dealership.  To make a long story short the deal fell through and I wanted my $2K back.  The dealership gave me a TD Bank North Check which I immediately took to a TD Bank and those crooks charged me $7 TO CASH THEIR OWN CHECK.

    Thinking this has GOT to be wrong I called the State of CT Banking Commission.  To my horror was told this is a perfectly legal banking practice when you do not have an account with that particular bank.  It's very easy to see who our State Representatives are working for because it certainly is not the people.
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,354
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 435
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,886
    • PART DEUX 148
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 842
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,305
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,223
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,230

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.