• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Jury Duty

    12 Next Last»
    TheGoldenGoose
    searchwarrant
    VanDutch
    wallstreetcappers
    TheBallDontLie
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2896
    Posts: 40
    12 Next Last»
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Apr. 13, 2016 - 7:55 PM ET #1

    Just ended a case today after serving for a week. 

    Auto accident case where the Plaintiff was looking for Medical Expenses and Pain & Injury compensation.  Could not understand why both sides could not reach a settlement.  Until we heard the closing arguments.  The sides were over $100K apart, not chump change.

    So they gave it to us Jurors and we returned a decision that did not make the Plaintiff too happy.  Sorry, no big payday.

    The Judge came into the Jury Room to thank us for our service and explained that over 95% of these cases never reach a Jury.  They are usually settled by agreement between the two parties.  Plaintiff decided to roll the dice and they came up snake-eyes.  

    Not unlike gambling at all... You should never get greedy.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Just ended a case today after serving for a week. 

    Auto accident case where the Plaintiff was looking for Medical Expenses and Pain & Injury compensation.  Could not understand why both sides could not reach a settlement.  Until we heard the closing arguments.  The sides were over $100K apart, not chump change.

    So they gave it to us Jurors and we returned a decision that did not make the Plaintiff too happy.  Sorry, no big payday.

    The Judge came into the Jury Room to thank us for our service and explained that over 95% of these cases never reach a Jury.  They are usually settled by agreement between the two parties.  Plaintiff decided to roll the dice and they came up snake-eyes.  

    Not unlike gambling at all... You should never get greedy.


     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Apr. 13, 2016 - 9:03 PM ET #2

     Good job though. Least we know there are some brains out there that sit on a jury.
    What was the key testimony/evidence to his/her loss? 

    Clay did Grand Jury for awhile out in Texas, he really enjoyed it.

    Reply
     Good job though. Least we know there are some brains out there that sit on a jury.
    What was the key testimony/evidence to his/her loss? 

    Clay did Grand Jury for awhile out in Texas, he really enjoyed it.

     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Apr. 13, 2016 - 9:03 PM ET #3

    Jury Summons....right in the Trash 
    Reply
    Jury Summons....right in the Trash 
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Apr. 13, 2016 - 9:30 PM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

     Good job though. Least we know there are some brains out there that sit on a jury.
    What was the key testimony/evidence to his/her loss? 

    Clay did Grand Jury for awhile out in Texas, he really enjoyed it.




    There was evidence of a prior back injury.  So, yes, the auto accident did exacerbated the previous back injury.  The Plaintiff was looking to recoup a full payday and we Jury members just could not justifiably agree to a six-figure settlement.  To us, we all agreed, you'd better come to court in a wheelchair if you want a six-figure compensation.

    You would be surprised.  There is still a lot of common sense in this country when six people get together and openly discuss their feelings.  The Jury system is never perfect but it has survived the test of time and remains the solid base to our common court of law.  I really feel that we the Jury nailed this case right on the button.  The Plaintiff got a realistic settlement and justice was served.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

     Good job though. Least we know there are some brains out there that sit on a jury.
    What was the key testimony/evidence to his/her loss? 

    Clay did Grand Jury for awhile out in Texas, he really enjoyed it.




    There was evidence of a prior back injury.  So, yes, the auto accident did exacerbated the previous back injury.  The Plaintiff was looking to recoup a full payday and we Jury members just could not justifiably agree to a six-figure settlement.  To us, we all agreed, you'd better come to court in a wheelchair if you want a six-figure compensation.

    You would be surprised.  There is still a lot of common sense in this country when six people get together and openly discuss their feelings.  The Jury system is never perfect but it has survived the test of time and remains the solid base to our common court of law.  I really feel that we the Jury nailed this case right on the button.  The Plaintiff got a realistic settlement and justice was served.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Apr. 13, 2016 - 9:31 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:

    Jury Summons....right in the Trash 
    I used to toss 'em but some of the hottest horned up professional women can be found in Superior Court buildings.. Trust me..
    And ya get a free lunch..
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:

    Jury Summons....right in the Trash 
    I used to toss 'em but some of the hottest horned up professional women can be found in Superior Court buildings.. Trust me..
    And ya get a free lunch..
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Apr. 13, 2016 - 9:34 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:

    Jury Summons....right in the Trash 



    LOL.  There were 86 of us that started out in the Jury Pool and they told us that 44 people never even responded to the Jury Summons.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:

    Jury Summons....right in the Trash 



    LOL.  There were 86 of us that started out in the Jury Pool and they told us that 44 people never even responded to the Jury Summons.
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Apr. 13, 2016 - 9:39 PM ET #7

    Thats crazy..

    Here if you ignore it they can issue a summons for arrest...



    Reply
    Thats crazy..

    Here if you ignore it they can issue a summons for arrest...



     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Apr. 13, 2016 - 9:45 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Thats crazy..

    Here if you ignore it they can issue a summons for arrest...





    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Thats crazy..

    Here if you ignore it they can issue a summons for arrest...





     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Apr. 13, 2016 - 9:54 PM ET #9

    Not to long ago I would just have to write " I'm self employed , to busy, F-off ." then the law was changed and made very , very hard to get out of it. So my rule is , " if I don't see it I didn't get it " ....

    In 30 years ...one time ( 2 years ago ) I went . Did not get picked and no free lunch.. ( torture sitting there all day with people getting paid and loving it ).


    and of course I received another one 1 year later ...right in the trash.





    Reply
    Not to long ago I would just have to write " I'm self employed , to busy, F-off ." then the law was changed and made very , very hard to get out of it. So my rule is , " if I don't see it I didn't get it " ....

    In 30 years ...one time ( 2 years ago ) I went . Did not get picked and no free lunch.. ( torture sitting there all day with people getting paid and loving it ).


    and of course I received another one 1 year later ...right in the trash.





     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Apr. 13, 2016 - 10:02 PM ET #10


    I understand that I will receive a letter from the court exonerating me from Jury Duty Service for the next four years.  With my Rock-Style Partying life that may just do it for my Jury career.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    I understand that I will receive a letter from the court exonerating me from Jury Duty Service for the next four years.  With my Rock-Style Partying life that may just do it for my Jury career.
     
    TheBallDontLie
    TheBallDontLie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 4463
    Posted: Apr. 13, 2016 - 10:04 PM ET #11

    my father worked in the criminal justice system, gets me out of it automatically 
    Reply
    my father worked in the criminal justice system, gets me out of it automatically 
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Apr. 13, 2016 - 10:14 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Thats crazy..

    Here if you ignore it they can issue a summons for arrest...





    Yep , here too , if you admit getting it , or its certified mail....but in with all the other trash mail you get who's to say you got it ...kinda like not seeing a parking ticket . But I will say if you open the Summons and read all the rules....it will make you run down there and sign up...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Thats crazy..

    Here if you ignore it they can issue a summons for arrest...





    Yep , here too , if you admit getting it , or its certified mail....but in with all the other trash mail you get who's to say you got it ...kinda like not seeing a parking ticket . But I will say if you open the Summons and read all the rules....it will make you run down there and sign up...
     
    t6rider
    t6rider
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 4483
    Posted: Apr. 13, 2016 - 10:28 PM ET #13

    Man. I loved being on the jury a few years back. It was a boring imminent domain case, but my company paid me for everyday and I think I got $40 a day from the courts. Free lunch. Got to sleep in. Sign me up. I want those things in the mail but of course they don't come anymore. 
    Reply
    Man. I loved being on the jury a few years back. It was a boring imminent domain case, but my company paid me for everyday and I think I got $40 a day from the courts. Free lunch. Got to sleep in. Sign me up. I want those things in the mail but of course they don't come anymore. 
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Apr. 14, 2016 - 12:04 AM ET #14


    Jurors that worked full-time received $50 a day plus travel distance pay.

    I am retired and got $20 a day with zero travel compensation.

    There was no "paid lunch".

    Something is wrong here but I don't make any waves.

    I need to fly under the radar for reasons I won't publicly recite.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Jurors that worked full-time received $50 a day plus travel distance pay.

    I am retired and got $20 a day with zero travel compensation.

    There was no "paid lunch".

    Something is wrong here but I don't make any waves.

    I need to fly under the radar for reasons I won't publicly recite.
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Apr. 14, 2016 - 12:18 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Jurors that worked full-time received $50 a day plus travel distance pay.

    I am retired and got $20 a day with zero travel compensation.

    There was no "paid lunch".

    Something is wrong here but I don't make any waves.

    I need to fly under the radar for reasons I won't publicly recite.



    Right on...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Jurors that worked full-time received $50 a day plus travel distance pay.

    I am retired and got $20 a day with zero travel compensation.

    There was no "paid lunch".

    Something is wrong here but I don't make any waves.

    I need to fly under the radar for reasons I won't publicly recite.



    Right on...
     
    bizkilla
    bizkilla
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 1725
    Posted: Apr. 14, 2016 - 12:35 AM ET #16

    Agreed. If you never got it you don't have to show.
    Of course they say you'll deal with penalties, fines, jail time, etc.,
    Otherwise everyone would just toss it. 
    Scare tactics, like a college professor would use. So unless you got it certified mail, you never got it. Capiche. 
    Reply
    Agreed. If you never got it you don't have to show.
    Of course they say you'll deal with penalties, fines, jail time, etc.,
    Otherwise everyone would just toss it. 
    Scare tactics, like a college professor would use. So unless you got it certified mail, you never got it. Capiche. 
     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Apr. 14, 2016 - 1:11 AM ET #17

    I have sat on two. One a hooker case the other child neglect. After going back and having discussions with the other jurors on both cases makes me believe its a good system.  
    Reply
    I have sat on two. One a hooker case the other child neglect. After going back and having discussions with the other jurors on both cases makes me believe its a good system.  
     
    don juan
    don juan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2001
    Posts: 5561
    Posted: Apr. 14, 2016 - 5:31 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

     Good job though. Least we know there are some brains out there that sit on a jury.
    What was the key testimony/evidence to his/her loss? 

    Clay did Grand Jury for awhile out in Texas, he really enjoyed it.


    This comment is amazing. 

    You say "Good Job" and then you ask about the evidence. !   As if your mind was made up before hearing the evidence. Like someone was trying to get something for free.

    And in your next post # 5, YOU want a free lunch at the courthouse. !!

    I'm certainly glad that you don't sit on a jury every day. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

     Good job though. Least we know there are some brains out there that sit on a jury.
    What was the key testimony/evidence to his/her loss? 

    Clay did Grand Jury for awhile out in Texas, he really enjoyed it.


    This comment is amazing. 

    You say "Good Job" and then you ask about the evidence. !   As if your mind was made up before hearing the evidence. Like someone was trying to get something for free.

    And in your next post # 5, YOU want a free lunch at the courthouse. !!

    I'm certainly glad that you don't sit on a jury every day. 
     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Apr. 14, 2016 - 8:14 AM ET #19

    I sat on traffic accident case too.  The plaintiff had no case whatsoever.  I think he just wanted to give his lawyer experience trying her first case.  
    Reply
    I sat on traffic accident case too.  The plaintiff had no case whatsoever.  I think he just wanted to give his lawyer experience trying her first case.  
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Apr. 14, 2016 - 9:44 AM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:



    Yep , here too , if you admit getting it , or its certified mail....but in with all the other trash mail you get who's to say you got it ...kinda like not seeing a parking ticket . But I will say if you open the Summons and read all the rules....it will make you run down there and sign up...

    How many times in a row now have you thrown it away? I used to do the same thing, but after about 3 or 4 times in a row, it will come certified mail.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:



    Yep , here too , if you admit getting it , or its certified mail....but in with all the other trash mail you get who's to say you got it ...kinda like not seeing a parking ticket . But I will say if you open the Summons and read all the rules....it will make you run down there and sign up...

    How many times in a row now have you thrown it away? I used to do the same thing, but after about 3 or 4 times in a row, it will come certified mail.....
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Apr. 14, 2016 - 10:30 AM ET #21

    Dutch, you crack me up.....goes right in the trash, hahaha

    Been to court numerous times but it was never for jury duty.  I was summoned twice but I was in college both times and got out of it.

    They say I will have to come next I'm summoned.  I really don't mind since I get paid from my employer, but I'd do what I can to get out of serving during trial.

    I wouldn't want my co-workers picking up my slack while I'm away.  
    Reply
    Dutch, you crack me up.....goes right in the trash, hahaha

    Been to court numerous times but it was never for jury duty.  I was summoned twice but I was in college both times and got out of it.

    They say I will have to come next I'm summoned.  I really don't mind since I get paid from my employer, but I'd do what I can to get out of serving during trial.

    I wouldn't want my co-workers picking up my slack while I'm away.  
     
    Bluefin
    Bluefin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 8485
    Posted: Apr. 14, 2016 - 11:08 AM ET #22

    In my area jury duty summons used to come registered but they stopped sending them that way a few years ago to save money.
    Guess what? They get lost in the mail alot more now !
    Reply
    In my area jury duty summons used to come registered but they stopped sending them that way a few years ago to save money.
    Guess what? They get lost in the mail alot more now !
     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Apr. 14, 2016 - 11:51 AM ET #23

    No offense meant TheGoldenOne,,but there's an old joke that juries are made up of idiots,, because only an idiot can't figure out how to get out of jury duty..
    Reply
    No offense meant TheGoldenOne,,but there's an old joke that juries are made up of idiots,, because only an idiot can't figure out how to get out of jury duty..
     
    don juan
    don juan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2001
    Posts: 5561
    Posted: Apr. 14, 2016 - 12:33 PM ET #24

    WOW there are so many Patriots here : (   

    Whatever happened to ...

    Ask not, what your country can do for you ?
    Reply
    WOW there are so many Patriots here : (   

    Whatever happened to ...

    Ask not, what your country can do for you ?
     
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25547
    Posted: Apr. 14, 2016 - 1:07 PM ET #25

    I agree don juan. I was proud to show up & serve. In Florida a person gets $15 a day & free parking.

    There were 68 of us selected to fill out a 12 page questionnaire & then come back Monday to be interviewed as a group by both lawyers. It was a child abuse case against a day care center. Once I heard the plaintiffs were putting their 7 yr old daughter on the stand to testify I was able to bow out along with 6 others.

    After I wasn't selected, I googled the day care center & found out there were 3 other cases pending against this center. Twelve days later the plaintiffs received 3 million awarded by the judge not the jury.

    It was an interesting experience & the judge was great . Tough to see the parents sitting there & I wondered how they could put their child through the questioning. So I was kind of biased in that regard & couldn't serve honestly. 
    Reply
    I agree don juan. I was proud to show up & serve. In Florida a person gets $15 a day & free parking.

    There were 68 of us selected to fill out a 12 page questionnaire & then come back Monday to be interviewed as a group by both lawyers. It was a child abuse case against a day care center. Once I heard the plaintiffs were putting their 7 yr old daughter on the stand to testify I was able to bow out along with 6 others.

    After I wasn't selected, I googled the day care center & found out there were 3 other cases pending against this center. Twelve days later the plaintiffs received 3 million awarded by the judge not the jury.

    It was an interesting experience & the judge was great . Tough to see the parents sitting there & I wondered how they could put their child through the questioning. So I was kind of biased in that regard & couldn't serve honestly. 
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,354
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 435
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,886
    • PART DEUX 148
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 842
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,304
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,222
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,230

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.