• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    It's official... we're voting in Ohio to legalize in November

    12 Next Last»
    SteelCash
    Nut_Flopper
    TheGoldenGoose
    habs1
    adamjoe
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1693
    Posts: 27
    12 Next Last»
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2015 - 4:44 PM ET #1

    I'm a little late with the announcement here... been busy.

    I'm not a big fan of RO, but what the Hell.  It's better than what we have now, which is nothing.

    I have been diagnosed with a rare type of blood cancer as I'm sure I've stated before.  My bone marrow makes too many red blood cells.  It is now well known (to anybody that pays attention) that this plant can do amazing things for different ailments.  I know it helps me with appetite and pain, and it's great therapy.  

    If you know what it's like to be in pain all day, every day, you know what I mean.  The therapeutic effects are a life saver, and there are ZERO side effects.  I'm not saying the pain I feel on a constant basis is excruciating, but it's always there, and because of it's constant presence, it's a mind f*ck.  It takes it's toll on you.  You get sick of it, and your mood turns to sh*t on a regular basis.  Getting high helps this.  It makes me happy.  It reduces the pain and helps me forget that I have a really sh*tty chronic disease.

    I have to laugh at the people that say things like "Oh these people just want to get high."  Number one... yeah... that is part of it.  There's nothing wrong with wanting to feel good when you're in pain all the f*cking time.  Number two... why is it anyone's concern what I put in my body?  Why can't these people worry more about their lives?  Do they have that much extra time on their hands that they have to stop me from smoking an herb?  

    Wow.

    The absurdity of it all really blows my mind.  As you guys know, I could go on for hours on this, but I'll spare you.








    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I'm a little late with the announcement here... been busy.

    I'm not a big fan of RO, but what the Hell.  It's better than what we have now, which is nothing.

    I have been diagnosed with a rare type of blood cancer as I'm sure I've stated before.  My bone marrow makes too many red blood cells.  It is now well known (to anybody that pays attention) that this plant can do amazing things for different ailments.  I know it helps me with appetite and pain, and it's great therapy.  

    If you know what it's like to be in pain all day, every day, you know what I mean.  The therapeutic effects are a life saver, and there are ZERO side effects.  I'm not saying the pain I feel on a constant basis is excruciating, but it's always there, and because of it's constant presence, it's a mind f*ck.  It takes it's toll on you.  You get sick of it, and your mood turns to sh*t on a regular basis.  Getting high helps this.  It makes me happy.  It reduces the pain and helps me forget that I have a really sh*tty chronic disease.

    I have to laugh at the people that say things like "Oh these people just want to get high."  Number one... yeah... that is part of it.  There's nothing wrong with wanting to feel good when you're in pain all the f*cking time.  Number two... why is it anyone's concern what I put in my body?  Why can't these people worry more about their lives?  Do they have that much extra time on their hands that they have to stop me from smoking an herb?  

    Wow.

    The absurdity of it all really blows my mind.  As you guys know, I could go on for hours on this, but I'll spare you.








     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2015 - 7:31 PM ET #2

    From a non weed smokers perspective...

    Legalize it already


    Reply
    From a non weed smokers perspective...

    Legalize it already


     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2015 - 8:09 PM ET #3



    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply


     
    habs1
    habs1
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 948
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2015 - 9:51 PM ET #4

    Agree
    Reply
    Agree
     
    adamjoe
    adamjoe
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 1986
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2015 - 11:55 AM ET #5

    I will be watching closely from an Ohio border state.  Agree that RO's amendment isn't the best solution...but it is a solution.  I hate the fact that you need millions of dollars to get an initiative on the ballot.

    I keep hearing the case for keeping it illegal and the loudest sentiment is, "think of the children!"  Which is complete BS.  I had more access to marijuana in high school than I do now.  Problem is that now if I get caught my job and subsequent future would be in jeopardy....all over a plant.

    Reality seems to point in the direction of this amendment not passing as the Ohio legislature, once they learned of the amendment, put an anti-monopoly initiative on the ballot.  Even if the marijuana initiative passes, if the anti-monopoly ballot also passes it would take precedent over the marijuana initiative which would make the marijuana amendment illegal.  So, while both initiative are good, common sense ideas, both cannot be enacted.  And the absurdity of our government rolls on. 
    Reply
    I will be watching closely from an Ohio border state.  Agree that RO's amendment isn't the best solution...but it is a solution.  I hate the fact that you need millions of dollars to get an initiative on the ballot.

    I keep hearing the case for keeping it illegal and the loudest sentiment is, "think of the children!"  Which is complete BS.  I had more access to marijuana in high school than I do now.  Problem is that now if I get caught my job and subsequent future would be in jeopardy....all over a plant.

    Reality seems to point in the direction of this amendment not passing as the Ohio legislature, once they learned of the amendment, put an anti-monopoly initiative on the ballot.  Even if the marijuana initiative passes, if the anti-monopoly ballot also passes it would take precedent over the marijuana initiative which would make the marijuana amendment illegal.  So, while both initiative are good, common sense ideas, both cannot be enacted.  And the absurdity of our government rolls on. 
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2015 - 1:33 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by adamjoe:

    I will be watching closely from an Ohio border state.  Agree that RO's amendment isn't the best solution...but it is a solution.  I hate the fact that you need millions of dollars to get an initiative on the ballot.

    I keep hearing the case for keeping it illegal and the loudest sentiment is, "think of the children!"  Which is complete BS.  I had more access to marijuana in high school than I do now.  Problem is that now if I get caught my job and subsequent future would be in jeopardy....all over a plant.

    Reality seems to point in the direction of this amendment not passing as the Ohio legislature, once they learned of the amendment, put an anti-monopoly initiative on the ballot.  Even if the marijuana initiative passes, if the anti-monopoly ballot also passes it would take precedent over the marijuana initiative which would make the marijuana amendment illegal.  So, while both initiative are good, common sense ideas, both cannot be enacted.  And the absurdity of our government rolls on. 


    The children argument is hilarious. 

    How many children have been denied school loans because they were once caught with a joint?

    Hundreds of thousands.

    How many children have seen their mother or father hauled off to jail for smoking an herb?

    Hundreds of thousands.

    How many children have died smoking weed?

    Zero.

    How many adults have cancer now because they started smoking weed as a teen?

    Zero.

    How many children have died because they took barbiturates and benzodiazepines that did nothing for their conditions?

    We have an herb that stops seizures, sometimes immediately, and all the bureaucrats and doctors keep singing the same song... "We need to study it more."  How many TRILLIONS of dollars are these individuals making off of pharmaceutical drugs.

    It's a plant, and it's hard to make money on a plant.  That's really the bottom line.




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by adamjoe:

    I will be watching closely from an Ohio border state.  Agree that RO's amendment isn't the best solution...but it is a solution.  I hate the fact that you need millions of dollars to get an initiative on the ballot.

    I keep hearing the case for keeping it illegal and the loudest sentiment is, "think of the children!"  Which is complete BS.  I had more access to marijuana in high school than I do now.  Problem is that now if I get caught my job and subsequent future would be in jeopardy....all over a plant.

    Reality seems to point in the direction of this amendment not passing as the Ohio legislature, once they learned of the amendment, put an anti-monopoly initiative on the ballot.  Even if the marijuana initiative passes, if the anti-monopoly ballot also passes it would take precedent over the marijuana initiative which would make the marijuana amendment illegal.  So, while both initiative are good, common sense ideas, both cannot be enacted.  And the absurdity of our government rolls on. 


    The children argument is hilarious. 

    How many children have been denied school loans because they were once caught with a joint?

    Hundreds of thousands.

    How many children have seen their mother or father hauled off to jail for smoking an herb?

    Hundreds of thousands.

    How many children have died smoking weed?

    Zero.

    How many adults have cancer now because they started smoking weed as a teen?

    Zero.

    How many children have died because they took barbiturates and benzodiazepines that did nothing for their conditions?

    We have an herb that stops seizures, sometimes immediately, and all the bureaucrats and doctors keep singing the same song... "We need to study it more."  How many TRILLIONS of dollars are these individuals making off of pharmaceutical drugs.

    It's a plant, and it's hard to make money on a plant.  That's really the bottom line.




     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2015 - 5:08 PM ET #7

    Need to legalize it here in KY... damn we sure as hell grow enough of it!!!


    Reply
    Need to legalize it here in KY... damn we sure as hell grow enough of it!!!


     
    adamjoe
    adamjoe
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 1986
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2015 - 9:27 PM ET #8

    Now I hear on the news that the Ohio Chamber of Commerce is against legalization.  Their rationale....afraid of what it will do to worker productivity.  Another corporate interest scared that they won't be able to squeeze every last ounce of labor from you so that they can make money.
    Maybe if they didn't make the working environment so crappy, people wouldn't feel the need to escape from reality on the weekends.  Makes my head spin
    Reply
    Now I hear on the news that the Ohio Chamber of Commerce is against legalization.  Their rationale....afraid of what it will do to worker productivity.  Another corporate interest scared that they won't be able to squeeze every last ounce of labor from you so that they can make money.
    Maybe if they didn't make the working environment so crappy, people wouldn't feel the need to escape from reality on the weekends.  Makes my head spin
     
    Greedybastard
    Greedybastard
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3022
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2015 - 10:26 PM ET #9

    I love the argument that worker productivity will plummet. It is already at an all-time low because every workplace has access to the internet. A large majority of the workforce is already stoned out of their minds, so legalizing it will not change anything. Get Facebook out of your workplace, not reefer.

    These anti-marijuana people need to get away from their warped senses of reality.

    It is raining money in Colorado right now. Our schools, roads, and economy are banging on all cylinders. I think I even get a check in the mail from the state of Colorado due to the state having too much tax money.

    I have yet to meet someone who smokes now just because it is legal, and I have yet to see the anarchy that the anti-marijuana nuts are predicting.

    Stories like Steel's are the true reason why everyone should have access to legal marijuana though. Hope to see Ohio make the right choice. A Midwestern state getting on board could open the floodgates.

    Reply

    I love the argument that worker productivity will plummet. It is already at an all-time low because every workplace has access to the internet. A large majority of the workforce is already stoned out of their minds, so legalizing it will not change anything. Get Facebook out of your workplace, not reefer.

    These anti-marijuana people need to get away from their warped senses of reality.

    It is raining money in Colorado right now. Our schools, roads, and economy are banging on all cylinders. I think I even get a check in the mail from the state of Colorado due to the state having too much tax money.

    I have yet to meet someone who smokes now just because it is legal, and I have yet to see the anarchy that the anti-marijuana nuts are predicting.

    Stories like Steel's are the true reason why everyone should have access to legal marijuana though. Hope to see Ohio make the right choice. A Midwestern state getting on board could open the floodgates.

     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Aug. 21, 2015 - 1:01 AM ET #10

    Nothing against alcohol... I think it's awesome.  But MJ smokers never call off due to hangovers.

    The productivity argument I think is born out of ignorance.  It's amazing how many of the prohibition supporters have never even smoked weed.  How can you argue against something that you've never tried?  How is that possible?

    I could easily make an argument that it would increase productivity.  I'm just glad the attitudes are changing.  I see the wall crumbling every day.

    The Supreme Court of Colombia just ruled that it is not a crime, for anyone, to grow 20 plants.  The Italian Army is actually growing medicinal marijuana for patients.  The Supreme Court of Canada just ruled that it would be unconstitutional to make edibles illegal.

    I'm glad it was only a couple years ago that I discovered the absurdity of these unjust laws.  If I had known about it 20 years ago, I might be insane by now.  

    The future looks really good, so we have that going for us.  

    Obama needs to step up and remove it from Schedule I.



     
    Reply
    Nothing against alcohol... I think it's awesome.  But MJ smokers never call off due to hangovers.

    The productivity argument I think is born out of ignorance.  It's amazing how many of the prohibition supporters have never even smoked weed.  How can you argue against something that you've never tried?  How is that possible?

    I could easily make an argument that it would increase productivity.  I'm just glad the attitudes are changing.  I see the wall crumbling every day.

    The Supreme Court of Colombia just ruled that it is not a crime, for anyone, to grow 20 plants.  The Italian Army is actually growing medicinal marijuana for patients.  The Supreme Court of Canada just ruled that it would be unconstitutional to make edibles illegal.

    I'm glad it was only a couple years ago that I discovered the absurdity of these unjust laws.  If I had known about it 20 years ago, I might be insane by now.  

    The future looks really good, so we have that going for us.  

    Obama needs to step up and remove it from Schedule I.



     
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Aug. 21, 2015 - 7:33 AM ET #11

    Pot smokers are lazy and lack ambition. 
    Reply
    Pot smokers are lazy and lack ambition. 
     
    Greedybastard
    Greedybastard
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3022
    Posted: Aug. 21, 2015 - 9:40 AM ET #12

    [Quote: Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox]Pot smokers are lazy and lack ambition.[/Quote

    Marijuana is still better than the Olanzapine that you take. It is probably best for you to just go back to your Maria Shriver doll collection and not worry about what pot smokers do or don't do.
    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox]Pot smokers are lazy and lack ambition.[/Quote

    Marijuana is still better than the Olanzapine that you take. It is probably best for you to just go back to your Maria Shriver doll collection and not worry about what pot smokers do or don't do.
     
    Greedybastard
    Greedybastard
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3022
    Posted: Aug. 21, 2015 - 9:56 AM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Pot smokers are lazy and lack ambition.


    Marijuana is still better than the Olazapine that you take. Maybe it would be best if you get back to your Maria Shriver doll collection and not worry about what Marijuana smokers do or don't do.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Pot smokers are lazy and lack ambition.


    Marijuana is still better than the Olazapine that you take. Maybe it would be best if you get back to your Maria Shriver doll collection and not worry about what Marijuana smokers do or don't do.
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Aug. 21, 2015 - 10:44 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Pot smokers are lazy and lack ambition. 

     
    I was gonna respond to this - but then I got high......
    I was all ready with a clever diss - but I got hi-ah-hiiiiiiigh highhhh......
    Now my post is all fukked up - and I know why (hey, hey!!!)
    'Cause I got high, 'cause I got high, 'cause I got highhhhh!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Pot smokers are lazy and lack ambition. 

     
    I was gonna respond to this - but then I got high......
    I was all ready with a clever diss - but I got hi-ah-hiiiiiiigh highhhh......
    Now my post is all fukked up - and I know why (hey, hey!!!)
    'Cause I got high, 'cause I got high, 'cause I got highhhhh!!!
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Aug. 24, 2015 - 5:55 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Pot smokers are lazy and lack ambition. 

    There was this one guy that smoked pot in college like it was a religion.  Now he's the president.

    Pot actually gives people ambition.  The only people that agree with your line of thinking are the ignorant and the stupid.




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Pot smokers are lazy and lack ambition. 

    There was this one guy that smoked pot in college like it was a religion.  Now he's the president.

    Pot actually gives people ambition.  The only people that agree with your line of thinking are the ignorant and the stupid.




     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Aug. 24, 2015 - 10:18 PM ET #16

    Top 100 lawyers - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 Drs - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 CEO's - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 engineers - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 entrepreneurs - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 earners - how many are stoners?

    100 people on unemployment - how many are stoners?

    100 pizza delivery guys - how many are stoners?

    100 laborers - how many are stoners?

    100 prisoners - how many were stoners?

    For the most part, bums smoke weed. If you sniff success and you're a stoner, you'd be doing a lot better without the pot.

    That's a fact Jack.
    Reply
    Top 100 lawyers - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 Drs - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 CEO's - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 engineers - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 entrepreneurs - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 earners - how many are stoners?

    100 people on unemployment - how many are stoners?

    100 pizza delivery guys - how many are stoners?

    100 laborers - how many are stoners?

    100 prisoners - how many were stoners?

    For the most part, bums smoke weed. If you sniff success and you're a stoner, you'd be doing a lot better without the pot.

    That's a fact Jack.
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Aug. 24, 2015 - 11:59 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:


    There was this one guy that smoked pot in college like it was a religion.  Now he's the president.

    Pot actually gives people ambition.  The only people that agree with your line of thinking are the ignorant and the stupid.





     It's an ignorant generalization to say that anyone that smokes pot is lazy & lacks ambition. It comes down to the individual & their habits. Some of the most successful & driven people I know are smokers......they just don't abuse it or let it run their lives. Sure, I know some guys that are true stoners & do the bare minimum on a daily basis, but I also know many drinkers that are just as bad or worse.

     As a Washington resident, let me give you my observations on what legalizing pot has done here.................not much, beyond the added tax revenue.  The people that smoked before still smoke now........those that didn't still don't. Oh sure, there are still issues about where people try to open shops but it's not been any more of a problem  than where people try to open liquor stores or strip clubs. I don't know why there have been so many issues in Colorado (perhaps due to being surrounded by states where it's still illegal), but out here it's been mostly a non-issue. Oregon just legalized & I wouldn't be surprised if Idaho & Montana follow suit.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:


    There was this one guy that smoked pot in college like it was a religion.  Now he's the president.

    Pot actually gives people ambition.  The only people that agree with your line of thinking are the ignorant and the stupid.





     It's an ignorant generalization to say that anyone that smokes pot is lazy & lacks ambition. It comes down to the individual & their habits. Some of the most successful & driven people I know are smokers......they just don't abuse it or let it run their lives. Sure, I know some guys that are true stoners & do the bare minimum on a daily basis, but I also know many drinkers that are just as bad or worse.

     As a Washington resident, let me give you my observations on what legalizing pot has done here.................not much, beyond the added tax revenue.  The people that smoked before still smoke now........those that didn't still don't. Oh sure, there are still issues about where people try to open shops but it's not been any more of a problem  than where people try to open liquor stores or strip clubs. I don't know why there have been so many issues in Colorado (perhaps due to being surrounded by states where it's still illegal), but out here it's been mostly a non-issue. Oregon just legalized & I wouldn't be surprised if Idaho & Montana follow suit.
     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Aug. 25, 2015 - 10:37 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:

    Need to legalize it here in KY... damn we sure as hell grow enough of it!!!


     We used to call KY smoke "kind budd"

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:

    Need to legalize it here in KY... damn we sure as hell grow enough of it!!!


     We used to call KY smoke "kind budd"

     
    ClubDirt
    ClubDirt
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 28196
    Posted: Aug. 26, 2015 - 11:08 AM ET #19

    steel, you sign up for this app yet?  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/massroots-medical-cannabis/id697950367?mt=8

    for the record, i haven't smoked marijuana in years, but i'm trying to stop the consuming the evil, dangerous and unhealthy substance alcohol and get back to something a lot better for me, like marijuana.  so, i'll join and see what it's all about.


    Reply
    steel, you sign up for this app yet?  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/massroots-medical-cannabis/id697950367?mt=8

    for the record, i haven't smoked marijuana in years, but i'm trying to stop the consuming the evil, dangerous and unhealthy substance alcohol and get back to something a lot better for me, like marijuana.  so, i'll join and see what it's all about.


     
    olinz
    olinz
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 534
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2015 - 2:19 AM ET #20

    I'll be there (at the polls), and all of Ohio together will help get rid of some more idiotic laws!
    See ya in November ;-)
    here's some info on it:
    https://ballotpedia.org/Ohio_Marijuana_Legalization_Initiative,_Issue_3_%282015%29
    Reply
    I'll be there (at the polls), and all of Ohio together will help get rid of some more idiotic laws!
    See ya in November ;-)
    here's some info on it:
    https://ballotpedia.org/Ohio_Marijuana_Legalization_Initiative,_Issue_3_%282015%29
     
    olinz
    olinz
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 534
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2015 - 2:22 AM ET #21

    Also, just wanted to say that Sanjay Gupta is right (CNN). I know of former brave heroes who fought for this country, now have PTSD from the 'horrors of war', and this is the only thing that helps.
    If you disagree with that, then you don't really believe in America!
    Reply
    Also, just wanted to say that Sanjay Gupta is right (CNN). I know of former brave heroes who fought for this country, now have PTSD from the 'horrors of war', and this is the only thing that helps.
    If you disagree with that, then you don't really believe in America!
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Sep. 4, 2015 - 5:26 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Top 100 lawyers - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 Drs - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 CEO's - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 engineers - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 entrepreneurs - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 earners - how many are stoners?

    100 people on unemployment - how many are stoners?

    100 pizza delivery guys - how many are stoners?

    100 laborers - how many are stoners?

    100 prisoners - how many were stoners?

    For the most part, bums smoke weed. If you sniff success and you're a stoner, you'd be doing a lot better without the pot.

    That's a fact Jack.

    Some notable pot smokers that are worth millions and BILLIONS of dollars...

    Ted Turner, Stephen King, William Shakespeare, George Washington, Barack Obama, Stephen Colbert, Oliver Stone, Hugh Hefner, Phil Jackson, Madonna, Conan O'Brien, Seth MacFarlane, Morgan Freeman, David Letterman, Michael Phelps, Tom Brokaw, Michael Bloomberg, George Clooney, Lebron James, Brad Pitt, Snoop Lion, Bill Gates, Bill Maher, George Soros, Jon Stewart, Megan Fox, Jennifer Aniston, Lady Gaga, The Beattles, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Rihanna, Charlize Theron, Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Johnny Depp, Oprah Winfrey...

    These people are the best in the world at what they do.

    I could list another 500 names, but I really don't have time.

    It's hilarious that you think CEO's, lawyers, and doctors don't smoke weed.  Your perception of reality is off. 

    You're just wrong dude.  I don't know how else to say it. 

    All sorts of people smoke weed.  All sorts drink alcohol.  All sorts pop pills.  Drugs do not know who is rich, and who is poor.  Everybody likes feeling good, even people that make a lot of money.  This is something you fail to understand.  

    You think Cannabis is amotivational, and that's been proven to be a myth.  

    And how do you come to the conclusion that many pizza delivery guys smoke weed?  Would you by chance have any data to back this theory?  Also, so what if they do?  How many CEO's like to down a scotch or two for lunch, or do a line of powder?  If you think for a second that the CEO became a CEO because he likes drinking instead of smoking weed, you're just not all that intelligent.

    10-15% of the population smokes weed.  These people are of many different social classes, they are white, black, Asian, Mexican, Indian, Russian, rich, poor, middle class, Catholic, atheist, Muslim, Protestant... they are doctors, construction workers, secretaries, engineers, truck drivers, lawyers, etc.  

    Because most people don't smoke weed, most doctors do not smoke weed.  Also, most pizza delivery guys don't smoke weed.  Most people don't do cocaine, but there is no correlation between cocaine use and poverty.  There is also no correlation between weed use and poverty.  

    Here's a challenge for ya Detox...

    Show me anything out there that states that Cannabis has a direct relationship with how much money people make.  Provide a source that is credible, and I'll admit that I'm wrong.  If your study supports your claim that you'd be doing a lot better without the pot, then I'll give you the crown.



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Top 100 lawyers - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 Drs - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 CEO's - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 engineers - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 entrepreneurs - how many are stoners?

    Top 100 earners - how many are stoners?

    100 people on unemployment - how many are stoners?

    100 pizza delivery guys - how many are stoners?

    100 laborers - how many are stoners?

    100 prisoners - how many were stoners?

    For the most part, bums smoke weed. If you sniff success and you're a stoner, you'd be doing a lot better without the pot.

    That's a fact Jack.

    Some notable pot smokers that are worth millions and BILLIONS of dollars...

    Ted Turner, Stephen King, William Shakespeare, George Washington, Barack Obama, Stephen Colbert, Oliver Stone, Hugh Hefner, Phil Jackson, Madonna, Conan O'Brien, Seth MacFarlane, Morgan Freeman, David Letterman, Michael Phelps, Tom Brokaw, Michael Bloomberg, George Clooney, Lebron James, Brad Pitt, Snoop Lion, Bill Gates, Bill Maher, George Soros, Jon Stewart, Megan Fox, Jennifer Aniston, Lady Gaga, The Beattles, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Rihanna, Charlize Theron, Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Johnny Depp, Oprah Winfrey...

    These people are the best in the world at what they do.

    I could list another 500 names, but I really don't have time.

    It's hilarious that you think CEO's, lawyers, and doctors don't smoke weed.  Your perception of reality is off. 

    You're just wrong dude.  I don't know how else to say it. 

    All sorts of people smoke weed.  All sorts drink alcohol.  All sorts pop pills.  Drugs do not know who is rich, and who is poor.  Everybody likes feeling good, even people that make a lot of money.  This is something you fail to understand.  

    You think Cannabis is amotivational, and that's been proven to be a myth.  

    And how do you come to the conclusion that many pizza delivery guys smoke weed?  Would you by chance have any data to back this theory?  Also, so what if they do?  How many CEO's like to down a scotch or two for lunch, or do a line of powder?  If you think for a second that the CEO became a CEO because he likes drinking instead of smoking weed, you're just not all that intelligent.

    10-15% of the population smokes weed.  These people are of many different social classes, they are white, black, Asian, Mexican, Indian, Russian, rich, poor, middle class, Catholic, atheist, Muslim, Protestant... they are doctors, construction workers, secretaries, engineers, truck drivers, lawyers, etc.  

    Because most people don't smoke weed, most doctors do not smoke weed.  Also, most pizza delivery guys don't smoke weed.  Most people don't do cocaine, but there is no correlation between cocaine use and poverty.  There is also no correlation between weed use and poverty.  

    Here's a challenge for ya Detox...

    Show me anything out there that states that Cannabis has a direct relationship with how much money people make.  Provide a source that is credible, and I'll admit that I'm wrong.  If your study supports your claim that you'd be doing a lot better without the pot, then I'll give you the crown.



     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Sep. 4, 2015 - 5:51 PM ET #23


    Just say that pot should be legal. Don't say that pot doesn't kill a persons natural desire to succeed. It kills your credibility. 

    I'm telling you as a friend. 


    Reply

    Just say that pot should be legal. Don't say that pot doesn't kill a persons natural desire to succeed. It kills your credibility. 

    I'm telling you as a friend. 


     
    Greedybastard
    Greedybastard
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3022
    Posted: Sep. 4, 2015 - 10:33 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Pot smokers are lazy and lack ambition. 

    "Lacking in Ambition" would also be a great way to categorize a person with almost 17000 posts on an internet forum in less than four years. With all your cutting and pasting, you must be burning a huge chunk of your day scouring the internet for articles where you can set it up and then wait for unsuspecting sports betting degenerate to make an uneducated political/Middle East statement. You don't post a link and then provide a solution to a potential problem. You just sit and wait and pounce when someone posts a comment. In the multitude of times that people have called BS and made a valid counterpoint to your argument, you do not respond.

    You are a poster child for irony on this site. You call out the lazy, the ambition-less, and the wanna be critical thinkers, when you yourself fit the mold for all of the above.

    What's even more entertaining is the fact that if anyone on this planet is in need of a joint, it is you. There are a very few human beings on the face of the earth that I think are complete and utter dooshes (spelling incorrect on purpose), but you sir, are easily at the very top of the list.

    So congratulations on being so much higher (pun intended) and mightier than the ambition-less, lazy pot smokers of this country.

    You are still far and away one of the biggest sh_theads walking this great pot-filled planet.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Pot smokers are lazy and lack ambition. 

    "Lacking in Ambition" would also be a great way to categorize a person with almost 17000 posts on an internet forum in less than four years. With all your cutting and pasting, you must be burning a huge chunk of your day scouring the internet for articles where you can set it up and then wait for unsuspecting sports betting degenerate to make an uneducated political/Middle East statement. You don't post a link and then provide a solution to a potential problem. You just sit and wait and pounce when someone posts a comment. In the multitude of times that people have called BS and made a valid counterpoint to your argument, you do not respond.

    You are a poster child for irony on this site. You call out the lazy, the ambition-less, and the wanna be critical thinkers, when you yourself fit the mold for all of the above.

    What's even more entertaining is the fact that if anyone on this planet is in need of a joint, it is you. There are a very few human beings on the face of the earth that I think are complete and utter dooshes (spelling incorrect on purpose), but you sir, are easily at the very top of the list.

    So congratulations on being so much higher (pun intended) and mightier than the ambition-less, lazy pot smokers of this country.

    You are still far and away one of the biggest sh_theads walking this great pot-filled planet.

     
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Sep. 4, 2015 - 11:18 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by Greedybastard:

    "Lacking in Ambition" would also be a great way to categorize a person with almost 17000 posts on an internet forum in less than four years. With all your cutting and pasting, you must be burning a huge chunk of your day scouring the internet for articles where you can set it up and then wait for unsuspecting sports betting degenerate to make an uneducated political/Middle East statement. You don't post a link and then provide a solution to a potential problem. You just sit and wait and pounce when someone posts a comment. In the multitude of times that people have called BS and made a valid counterpoint to your argument, you do not respond.

    You are a poster child for irony on this site. You call out the lazy, the ambition-less, and the wanna be critical thinkers, when you yourself fit the mold for all of the above.

    What's even more entertaining is the fact that if anyone on this planet is in need of a joint, it is you. There are a very few human beings on the face of the earth that I think are complete and utter dooshes (spelling incorrect on purpose), but you sir, are easily at the very top of the list.

    So congratulations on being so much higher (pun intended) and mightier than the ambition-less, lazy pot smokers of this country.

    You are still far and away one of the biggest sh_theads walking this great pot-filled planet.



    Not bad. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedybastard:

    "Lacking in Ambition" would also be a great way to categorize a person with almost 17000 posts on an internet forum in less than four years. With all your cutting and pasting, you must be burning a huge chunk of your day scouring the internet for articles where you can set it up and then wait for unsuspecting sports betting degenerate to make an uneducated political/Middle East statement. You don't post a link and then provide a solution to a potential problem. You just sit and wait and pounce when someone posts a comment. In the multitude of times that people have called BS and made a valid counterpoint to your argument, you do not respond.

    You are a poster child for irony on this site. You call out the lazy, the ambition-less, and the wanna be critical thinkers, when you yourself fit the mold for all of the above.

    What's even more entertaining is the fact that if anyone on this planet is in need of a joint, it is you. There are a very few human beings on the face of the earth that I think are complete and utter dooshes (spelling incorrect on purpose), but you sir, are easily at the very top of the list.

    So congratulations on being so much higher (pun intended) and mightier than the ambition-less, lazy pot smokers of this country.

    You are still far and away one of the biggest sh_theads walking this great pot-filled planet.



    Not bad. 
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 436
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,898
    • PART DEUX 159
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 848
    • Week 6 Money 8,515
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,286
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,263

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.