• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Is it normal to think about suicide and death frequently?

    12 Next Last»
    DiGiT
    daysbtwin
    gold6185
    JimmyDrizzl
    jmw59
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2060
    Posts: 28
    12 Next Last»
     
    DiGiT
    DiGiT
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 322
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2016 - 10:35 AM ET #1

    I really hate to get morbid here but I'm curious if others have thought of this before?  I guess we all think about death at one time or another but I feel as though these thoughts are a constant in my daily life.  I really don't think I'm suppose to be thinking this way but it's almost like it's become my go to thought process when I'm feeling like s*it.  I hate to say it but it's almost comforting.

    I can't imagine ever doing something like that but I don't know.  I can't seem to escape these thought patterns no matter how much I try and man up push myself to get over it.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I really hate to get morbid here but I'm curious if others have thought of this before?  I guess we all think about death at one time or another but I feel as though these thoughts are a constant in my daily life.  I really don't think I'm suppose to be thinking this way but it's almost like it's become my go to thought process when I'm feeling like s*it.  I hate to say it but it's almost comforting.

    I can't imagine ever doing something like that but I don't know.  I can't seem to escape these thought patterns no matter how much I try and man up push myself to get over it.
     
    daysbtwin
    daysbtwin
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 1654
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2016 - 10:45 AM ET #2

    Like you said, everybody thinks about death from time to time, but constant thoughts of suicide aren't normal.

    Find a professional to talk to, there's absolutely no shame in it. I don't think meds are the answer, but just talking it out can help and you can learn to change your thought processes.

     
    Reply
    Like you said, everybody thinks about death from time to time, but constant thoughts of suicide aren't normal.

    Find a professional to talk to, there's absolutely no shame in it. I don't think meds are the answer, but just talking it out can help and you can learn to change your thought processes.

     
     
    gold6185
    gold6185
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 1168
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2016 - 2:38 PM ET #3

    Only after watching the Chicago White Sox.
    Reply
    Only after watching the Chicago White Sox.
     
    JimmyDrizzl
    JimmyDrizzl
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 651
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2016 - 4:54 PM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by DiGiT:

    I really hate to get morbid here but I'm curious if others have thought of this before?  I guess we all think about death at one time or another but I feel as though these thoughts are a constant in my daily life.  I really don't think I'm suppose to be thinking this way but it's almost like it's become my go to thought process when I'm feeling like s*it.  I hate to say it but it's almost comforting.

    I can't imagine ever doing something like that but I don't know.  I can't seem to escape these thought patterns no matter how much I try and man up push myself to get over it.


    Whatever is normal for you is OK...Don't worry about it..WE ALL ARE GOING TO DIE SOONER OR LATER....Nobody gets out alive..

    Meanwhile I see marijuana will be legal and available soon in Canada....Get some....It helps many persons get through the day.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGiT:

    I really hate to get morbid here but I'm curious if others have thought of this before?  I guess we all think about death at one time or another but I feel as though these thoughts are a constant in my daily life.  I really don't think I'm suppose to be thinking this way but it's almost like it's become my go to thought process when I'm feeling like s*it.  I hate to say it but it's almost comforting.

    I can't imagine ever doing something like that but I don't know.  I can't seem to escape these thought patterns no matter how much I try and man up push myself to get over it.


    Whatever is normal for you is OK...Don't worry about it..WE ALL ARE GOING TO DIE SOONER OR LATER....Nobody gets out alive..

    Meanwhile I see marijuana will be legal and available soon in Canada....Get some....It helps many persons get through the day.


     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2016 - 7:23 PM ET #5

    Think about it often but the J-man always intervenes.  
    Reply
    Think about it often but the J-man always intervenes.  
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6291
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2016 - 7:57 PM ET #6

    Weeds a depressant ... Last thing u need is a depressant... I'd suggest talking to someone if this really is the "go to" thought. Just because u don't feel good doesn't justify thoughts of doing yourself in...
    Reply
    Weeds a depressant ... Last thing u need is a depressant... I'd suggest talking to someone if this really is the "go to" thought. Just because u don't feel good doesn't justify thoughts of doing yourself in...
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2016 - 7:58 PM ET #7

    Digit, please speak to at least 2 people about this.
    One being a close, trusted family member/loved one.
    The other being a professional who deals with these type of things. 
    I don't think you should assume that regular thoughts of suicide are normal, as they truly are not.

    Good luck, man 
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Digit, please speak to at least 2 people about this.
    One being a close, trusted family member/loved one.
    The other being a professional who deals with these type of things. 
    I don't think you should assume that regular thoughts of suicide are normal, as they truly are not.

    Good luck, man 
     
    Greedybastard
    Greedybastard
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3022
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2016 - 8:00 PM ET #8

    Just read a thread started by SwishSwish. If that doesn't make you want to kill yourself, nothing will.
    Reply
    Just read a thread started by SwishSwish. If that doesn't make you want to kill yourself, nothing will.
     
    daysbtwin
    daysbtwin
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 1654
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2016 - 9:59 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDrizzl:



    Whatever is normal for you is OK...Don't worry about it..WE ALL ARE GOING TO DIE SOONER OR LATER....Nobody gets out alive..

    Meanwhile I see marijuana will be legal and available soon in Canada....Get some....It helps many persons get through the day.



    Yeah man good advice you fukin moron 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDrizzl:



    Whatever is normal for you is OK...Don't worry about it..WE ALL ARE GOING TO DIE SOONER OR LATER....Nobody gets out alive..

    Meanwhile I see marijuana will be legal and available soon in Canada....Get some....It helps many persons get through the day.



    Yeah man good advice you fukin moron 
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2016 - 10:05 PM ET #10


    Tell us what prescription drugs you are eating.

    This is probably the most predominant reason for suicidal thoughts.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Tell us what prescription drugs you are eating.

    This is probably the most predominant reason for suicidal thoughts.


     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Sep. 19, 2016 - 1:55 AM ET #11

    Topic: Is it normal to think about suicide and death frequently?


    Only if,, you are thinking about those 72 virgins..that waiting for you..
    Reply
    Topic: Is it normal to think about suicide and death frequently?


    Only if,, you are thinking about those 72 virgins..that waiting for you..
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Sep. 19, 2016 - 9:11 AM ET #12

    As previous posters mentioned, there's no shame to speak to someone about this if it's consuming you.  I admit that I used to think about it but it was mainly because I was a heavy drinking and we all know that alcohol is a depressant.  Been sober to close to 2 years and I no longer think this way.

    Talk to someone professional.  Best of Luck brother.  
    Reply
    As previous posters mentioned, there's no shame to speak to someone about this if it's consuming you.  I admit that I used to think about it but it was mainly because I was a heavy drinking and we all know that alcohol is a depressant.  Been sober to close to 2 years and I no longer think this way.

    Talk to someone professional.  Best of Luck brother.  
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Sep. 19, 2016 - 10:20 AM ET #13

    Maybe all he needs is a Pepsi, but his mom won't give him one.....

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LoF_a0-7xVQ
    Reply
    Maybe all he needs is a Pepsi, but his mom won't give him one.....

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LoF_a0-7xVQ
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Sep. 19, 2016 - 3:25 PM ET #14

    Like several posters have responded,it might be a good idea to talk to a trusted family member or even someone who deals in these matters professionally. Anything can be a problem if the individual feels it to be a problem.
    In the end this is a gambling forum and is the homeroom of many degenerates and liars,not the #1 option to seek on mental health issues unless you are a teenage girl craving attention and condolences.
    Reply
    Like several posters have responded,it might be a good idea to talk to a trusted family member or even someone who deals in these matters professionally. Anything can be a problem if the individual feels it to be a problem.
    In the end this is a gambling forum and is the homeroom of many degenerates and liars,not the #1 option to seek on mental health issues unless you are a teenage girl craving attention and condolences.
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Sep. 20, 2016 - 3:00 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_B:

    Weeds a depressant ... Last thing u need is a depressant... I'd suggest talking to someone if this really is the "go to" thought. Just because u don't feel good doesn't justify thoughts of doing yourself in...

    It's always interesting to see you offer the uneducated point of view. Maybe it's a war against science or medicine.  Maybe you just post things when you have no idea what you are talking about.  I would just like to understand your statement here by asking you a few questions to clarify what you are saying. 

    Cannabis is a depressant?

    What exact neurotransmitters are involved here to result in it being classified depressant?

    What is exact effect on the central nervous system that results in it being a depressant?

    Looking forward to hearing your responses.  Or you could cut-and-run from my questions and show you are clueless once again 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_B:

    Weeds a depressant ... Last thing u need is a depressant... I'd suggest talking to someone if this really is the "go to" thought. Just because u don't feel good doesn't justify thoughts of doing yourself in...

    It's always interesting to see you offer the uneducated point of view. Maybe it's a war against science or medicine.  Maybe you just post things when you have no idea what you are talking about.  I would just like to understand your statement here by asking you a few questions to clarify what you are saying. 

    Cannabis is a depressant?

    What exact neurotransmitters are involved here to result in it being classified depressant?

    What is exact effect on the central nervous system that results in it being a depressant?

    Looking forward to hearing your responses.  Or you could cut-and-run from my questions and show you are clueless once again 
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Sep. 20, 2016 - 3:09 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by DiGiT:

    I really hate to get morbid here but I'm curious if others have thought of this before?  I guess we all think about death at one time or another but I feel as though these thoughts are a constant in my daily life.  I really don't think I'm suppose to be thinking this way but it's almost like it's become my go to thought process when I'm feeling like s*it.  I hate to say it but it's almost comforting.

    I can't imagine ever doing something like that but I don't know.  I can't seem to escape these thought patterns no matter how much I try and man up push myself to get over it.

    Constant in your daily life sounds like a lot.  Feeling like you don't have control of your thoughts and them always leading to that path when you are having a tough time sounds like tough pattern to be caught in. 

    So I can tell you that everyone has thought of death, but not everyone thinks about it in the same way and with the same intensity.   It might worth seeing someone to get evaluated,  they may actually tell you that you are not in danger of killing yourself and you are ok, they might not.  But more importantly they might be able to help you get out of this loop and pattern you seem to be caught by giving you tools to improve. 

    Advice I can give you is that it is hard to get out of this pattern and fight it forcing yourself to not think about something.  Like if I were to tell you to not think of s pink elephant in your head, what do you see?

    The key is to break your current pattern using skills and tools that will disrupt and distract you and then eventually replace your pattern with a better one.  It is hard to do on your own and professional
    May help.  If you are looking for s book to start with feeling good by dr burns.  Mind you it is not s miracle cure and doesn't work for everyone, but if it does or does not work is good data and information on what you might be going through 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGiT:

    I really hate to get morbid here but I'm curious if others have thought of this before?  I guess we all think about death at one time or another but I feel as though these thoughts are a constant in my daily life.  I really don't think I'm suppose to be thinking this way but it's almost like it's become my go to thought process when I'm feeling like s*it.  I hate to say it but it's almost comforting.

    I can't imagine ever doing something like that but I don't know.  I can't seem to escape these thought patterns no matter how much I try and man up push myself to get over it.

    Constant in your daily life sounds like a lot.  Feeling like you don't have control of your thoughts and them always leading to that path when you are having a tough time sounds like tough pattern to be caught in. 

    So I can tell you that everyone has thought of death, but not everyone thinks about it in the same way and with the same intensity.   It might worth seeing someone to get evaluated,  they may actually tell you that you are not in danger of killing yourself and you are ok, they might not.  But more importantly they might be able to help you get out of this loop and pattern you seem to be caught by giving you tools to improve. 

    Advice I can give you is that it is hard to get out of this pattern and fight it forcing yourself to not think about something.  Like if I were to tell you to not think of s pink elephant in your head, what do you see?

    The key is to break your current pattern using skills and tools that will disrupt and distract you and then eventually replace your pattern with a better one.  It is hard to do on your own and professional
    May help.  If you are looking for s book to start with feeling good by dr burns.  Mind you it is not s miracle cure and doesn't work for everyone, but if it does or does not work is good data and information on what you might be going through 

     
    chaloots
    chaloots
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 3267
    Posted: Sep. 20, 2016 - 3:11 AM ET #17

    I thought about it Saturday after watching UCLA give up a back door  TD to BYU but talked myself out of it, then again tonight after putting money on Jay Cutler. The next time I have an urge to bet that KUNT I will eat a bullet instead. 
    Reply
    I thought about it Saturday after watching UCLA give up a back door  TD to BYU but talked myself out of it, then again tonight after putting money on Jay Cutler. The next time I have an urge to bet that KUNT I will eat a bullet instead. 
     
    SwishSwish1234
    SwishSwish1234
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 3173
    Posted: Sep. 20, 2016 - 8:18 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Greedybastard:

    Just read a thread started by SwishSwish. If that doesn't make you want to kill yourself, nothing will.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedybastard:

    Just read a thread started by SwishSwish. If that doesn't make you want to kill yourself, nothing will.


     
    km5886wood
    km5886wood
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2016
    Posts: 60
    Posted: Sep. 20, 2016 - 11:32 PM ET #19

    Are you depressed? did you tell your family about this? 
    It's good to have someone close to you to talk things through. 
    It's never normal to think about death or suicide most of the time.
    Reply
    Are you depressed? did you tell your family about this? 
    It's good to have someone close to you to talk things through. 
    It's never normal to think about death or suicide most of the time.
     
    buitrondana155
    buitrondana155
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2016
    Posts: 68
    Posted: Sep. 21, 2016 - 12:59 AM ET #20

    Definitely not normal.Have you considered getting help from medical professionals?
    Reply
    Definitely not normal.Have you considered getting help from medical professionals?
     
    CreamCaramel
    CreamCaramel
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 779
    Posted: Sep. 21, 2016 - 3:12 PM ET #21

    Thinking about death and suicide is completely normal. I know a lot of people don't want to admit that, but it is true. Death is the one certainty in life. Not thinking about it is impossible unless you have a brain issue. The best advice I could give you to get over the nausea you feel about the mundanity of life is to exercise everyday and eat healthy. It is amazing how much those two simple things combined make you feel more positive.
    Reply
    Thinking about death and suicide is completely normal. I know a lot of people don't want to admit that, but it is true. Death is the one certainty in life. Not thinking about it is impossible unless you have a brain issue. The best advice I could give you to get over the nausea you feel about the mundanity of life is to exercise everyday and eat healthy. It is amazing how much those two simple things combined make you feel more positive.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Sep. 21, 2016 - 3:26 PM ET #22

    Suicidal thoughts are pretty much standard in the life of a degenerate.
    Reply
    Suicidal thoughts are pretty much standard in the life of a degenerate.
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6291
    Posted: Sep. 22, 2016 - 12:51 AM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:


    It's always interesting to see you offer the uneducated point of view. Maybe it's a war against science or medicine.  Maybe you just post things when you have no idea what you are talking about.  I would just like to understand your statement here by asking you a few questions to clarify what you are saying. 

    Cannabis is a depressant?

    What exact neurotransmitters are involved here to result in it being classified depressant?

    What is exact effect on the central nervous system that results in it being a depressant?

    Looking forward to hearing your responses.  Or you could cut-and-run from my questions and show you are clueless once again 

    Here ya fkn moron... Once again you proved how uneducated YOU are...
    Sorry for the cut and paste but I knew it was a depressant.

    Although marijuana is often classified as a mild psychedelic drug, the active ingredients within marijuana do have many depressant effects. Therefore, marijuana can be classified as a depressant.

    Among the hundreds of chemicals in marijuana plant, the main active ingredients are cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which are studied most. Those who consume marijuana can experience muscle relaxation, tiredness, decreased alertness and sedation, all of which are similar to the effects of depressants.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:


    It's always interesting to see you offer the uneducated point of view. Maybe it's a war against science or medicine.  Maybe you just post things when you have no idea what you are talking about.  I would just like to understand your statement here by asking you a few questions to clarify what you are saying. 

    Cannabis is a depressant?

    What exact neurotransmitters are involved here to result in it being classified depressant?

    What is exact effect on the central nervous system that results in it being a depressant?

    Looking forward to hearing your responses.  Or you could cut-and-run from my questions and show you are clueless once again 

    Here ya fkn moron... Once again you proved how uneducated YOU are...
    Sorry for the cut and paste but I knew it was a depressant.

    Although marijuana is often classified as a mild psychedelic drug, the active ingredients within marijuana do have many depressant effects. Therefore, marijuana can be classified as a depressant.

    Among the hundreds of chemicals in marijuana plant, the main active ingredients are cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which are studied most. Those who consume marijuana can experience muscle relaxation, tiredness, decreased alertness and sedation, all of which are similar to the effects of depressants.

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Sep. 22, 2016 - 1:56 AM ET #24

    deep thoughts
    Reply
    deep thoughts
     
     
    km5886wood
    km5886wood
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2016
    Posts: 60
    Posted: Sep. 22, 2016 - 9:19 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by DiGiT:

    I really hate to get morbid here but I'm curious if others have thought of this before?  I guess we all think about death at one time or another but I feel as though these thoughts are a constant in my daily life.  I really don't think I'm suppose to be thinking this way but it's almost like it's become my go to thought process when I'm feeling like s*it.  I hate to say it but it's almost comforting.

    I can't imagine ever doing something like that but I don't know.  I can't seem to escape these thought patterns no matter how much I try and man up push myself to get over it.

    How are you? I hope you are doing well! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGiT:

    I really hate to get morbid here but I'm curious if others have thought of this before?  I guess we all think about death at one time or another but I feel as though these thoughts are a constant in my daily life.  I really don't think I'm suppose to be thinking this way but it's almost like it's become my go to thought process when I'm feeling like s*it.  I hate to say it but it's almost comforting.

    I can't imagine ever doing something like that but I don't know.  I can't seem to escape these thought patterns no matter how much I try and man up push myself to get over it.

    How are you? I hope you are doing well! 
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,348
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,862
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,852
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 746
    • PART DEUX 143
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • Week 6 Money 8,016
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,216
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,152

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.