ESPN anchor Linda Cohn says she believes that the networks political talk has cost them viewers/subscribers
ESPN's ombudsman wrote in an article on their site don't expect ESPN to just focus and talk about sports..... Then i guess you guys will lose more viewers and subscribers
ESPN anchor Linda Cohn says she believes that the networks political talk has cost them viewers/subscribers
ESPN's ombudsman wrote in an article on their site don't expect ESPN to just focus and talk about sports..... Then i guess you guys will lose more viewers and subscribers
Politics isn't costing them Jack, as they are as middle of the road as it gets. Anybody who reads Wall Street would know that ESPN's profitability is their cable subscription fees. Numerous people have posted that in this thread already. I'm sorry that doesn't fit your narrative.
Politics isn't costing them Jack, as they are as middle of the road as it gets. Anybody who reads Wall Street would know that ESPN's profitability is their cable subscription fees. Numerous people have posted that in this thread already. I'm sorry that doesn't fit your narrative.
As I was flipping channels the other day, I come across the big annual draft hype on ESPN. You know the one. Where they micro-analyze the color of the players sh*t, and say that one guy is going to do better than another because he can bench 5 lbs more.
It is literally a joke that they spend months on scouting, but basically zero time on game and time management - the stuff that really wins games - but I digress......
ESPN has 2 - yes 2 - draft experts. This douche Mel Kyper and this other younger douche Todd McShay.
100-1 says one or both get the boot right after the draft.
That about covers it.
These "scouts" have game tape. 12 game films is plenty. You don't need to measure a guy's hands.
As soon as I hear terms like "hip swerve," "he can make all of the throws" and my personal favorite "this guy can play in a phone booth", I check out.
Mike Mayock is of mediocre intellect.....and people actually pay him to speak and listen to what he says.
Never Make A Winner A Loser. Never.
Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:
As I was flipping channels the other day, I come across the big annual draft hype on ESPN. You know the one. Where they micro-analyze the color of the players sh*t, and say that one guy is going to do better than another because he can bench 5 lbs more.
It is literally a joke that they spend months on scouting, but basically zero time on game and time management - the stuff that really wins games - but I digress......
ESPN has 2 - yes 2 - draft experts. This douche Mel Kyper and this other younger douche Todd McShay.
100-1 says one or both get the boot right after the draft.
That about covers it.
These "scouts" have game tape. 12 game films is plenty. You don't need to measure a guy's hands.
As soon as I hear terms like "hip swerve," "he can make all of the throws" and my personal favorite "this guy can play in a phone booth", I check out.
Mike Mayock is of mediocre intellect.....and people actually pay him to speak and listen to what he says.
ESPN is in reality ABC News/ Disney.In regards to On-Air talent (TV and Radio) the truly endangered species is White,Straight,Male over 35. On the radio side if you hear a new White Guy I just figure he's g@y. On ESPN Radio, on Sat. afternoon if they aren't running a game they give the Network over to 3 women(1 I'm sure is Hetero but she's Outnumbered) who talk about Female Problems.All it has become to me is a PC sportsticker on Mute that better get the scores right or it has lost any value.
That Saturday afternoon radio sh!t is horrible. And they only talk about women bullish!t.
Also Bruce Jenner is such a hero for cutting his d!ck off. WTF?
Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:
ESPN is in reality ABC News/ Disney.In regards to On-Air talent (TV and Radio) the truly endangered species is White,Straight,Male over 35. On the radio side if you hear a new White Guy I just figure he's g@y. On ESPN Radio, on Sat. afternoon if they aren't running a game they give the Network over to 3 women(1 I'm sure is Hetero but she's Outnumbered) who talk about Female Problems.All it has become to me is a PC sportsticker on Mute that better get the scores right or it has lost any value.
That Saturday afternoon radio sh!t is horrible. And they only talk about women bullish!t.
Also Bruce Jenner is such a hero for cutting his d!ck off. WTF?
That Saturday afternoon radio sh!t is horrible. And they only talk about women bullish!t.
Also Bruce Jenner is such a hero for cutting his d!ck off. WTF?
That's right Larry,I only turn on ESPN radio @ half-hour in the car on Sat. to get scores.
Hold on, Bruce didn't have to cut off his diick to get an award, all he had to do was play dress-up and cry on cue.Bruce still has his in case he changes his mind.
Mental Illness- It's never pretty.
Quote Originally Posted by LarryWayne10:
That Saturday afternoon radio sh!t is horrible. And they only talk about women bullish!t.
Also Bruce Jenner is such a hero for cutting his d!ck off. WTF?
That's right Larry,I only turn on ESPN radio @ half-hour in the car on Sat. to get scores.
Hold on, Bruce didn't have to cut off his diick to get an award, all he had to do was play dress-up and cry on cue.Bruce still has his in case he changes his mind.
I hope espn goes under. It will just prove to everyone that Affirmative Actiin is not the answer. Most of their talent is talent-less.
Here's a conversation by 2 espn analysts prior to a hoop game: A - "so what do you think are the keys to the game?" B - "well I really like the size and rebounding ability of X" A - "so who do you think will win this contest of speed vs size?" B - "well I really, really, really think the outcome of this game will be determined by the team that scores more points"
I hope espn goes under. It will just prove to everyone that Affirmative Actiin is not the answer. Most of their talent is talent-less.
Here's a conversation by 2 espn analysts prior to a hoop game: A - "so what do you think are the keys to the game?" B - "well I really like the size and rebounding ability of X" A - "so who do you think will win this contest of speed vs size?" B - "well I really, really, really think the outcome of this game will be determined by the team that scores more points"
That's right Larry,I only turn on ESPN radio @ half-hour in the car on Sat. to get scores.
Hold on, Bruce didn't have to cut off his diick to get an award, all he had to do was play dress-up and cry on cue.Bruce still has his in case he changes his mind.
Mental Illness- It's never pretty.
THOSE KARTRASHIANS RUIN everything that comes in contact with them ...
BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:
That's right Larry,I only turn on ESPN radio @ half-hour in the car on Sat. to get scores.
Hold on, Bruce didn't have to cut off his diick to get an award, all he had to do was play dress-up and cry on cue.Bruce still has his in case he changes his mind.
Mental Illness- It's never pretty.
THOSE KARTRASHIANS RUIN everything that comes in contact with them ...