Been watching this for weeks now in CT and we've got Eight Gas Stations that refuse to take it down under $199 / Gal. Like it's some kind of "magic line" they cannot cross.
Been watching this for weeks now in CT and we've got Eight Gas Stations that refuse to take it down under $199 / Gal. Like it's some kind of "magic line" they cannot cross.
"Retail averages are below $2 per gallon in 26 states. South Carolina
($1.79), Missouri ($1.79) and Kansas ($1.79) are the nation’s least
expensive markets, and drivers in these states are saving nearly $1 per
gallon compared to the state with the highest average, which is Hawaii
($2.75). California ($2.65), Nevada ($2.49), Washington ($2.42) and
Alaska ($2.39) round out the top five most expensive markets for
gasoline"
havoc:
SportsFan: I do believe I have BlackJack. LOL. You owe me an apology Sir. Check-Mate. C'mon back in here and take it like a man.
~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:
posted 7/17/2015 08:46:14am...
JANUARY 16, 2016
$1.79 GAL
"Retail averages are below $2 per gallon in 26 states. South Carolina
($1.79), Missouri ($1.79) and Kansas ($1.79) are the nation’s least
expensive markets, and drivers in these states are saving nearly $1 per
gallon compared to the state with the highest average, which is Hawaii
($2.75). California ($2.65), Nevada ($2.49), Washington ($2.42) and
Alaska ($2.39) round out the top five most expensive markets for
gasoline"
havoc:
SportsFan: I do believe I have BlackJack. LOL. You owe me an apology Sir. Check-Mate. C'mon back in here and take it like a man.
And why do you want an apology? Because you made a prediction and did not agree? lol
As I said earlier, low gas prices are bad news, bad leading indicator for our economy. I never will understand people that closely track gas prices as if it means anything significant. But I know many do
What happened to Jimmy?
And why do you want an apology? Because you made a prediction and did not agree? lol
As I said earlier, low gas prices are bad news, bad leading indicator for our economy. I never will understand people that closely track gas prices as if it means anything significant. But I know many do
"I never will understand people that closely track gas prices as if it means anything significant."
You and I can agree to disagree. Gas prices are VERY significant to small business owners and the average commuting public. A two car household can now fill up both vehicles for $50 a week when it cost them $100 not long ago. If you think that $200 a month is not significant to the average household budget then you live in a different world my friend.
~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
"I never will understand people that closely track gas prices as if it means anything significant."
You and I can agree to disagree. Gas prices are VERY significant to small business owners and the average commuting public. A two car household can now fill up both vehicles for $50 a week when it cost them $100 not long ago. If you think that $200 a month is not significant to the average household budget then you live in a different world my friend.
Its been below 2 for quite some time in this metro area, sitting right at 1.80-ish.
I am a bit surprised its not lower because oil went into the mid 30's and gas really didnt drop much, I was expecting 1.50 or so with oil in the middle to low 30s and how Brent spread is also compressing.
Its been below 2 for quite some time in this metro area, sitting right at 1.80-ish.
I am a bit surprised its not lower because oil went into the mid 30's and gas really didnt drop much, I was expecting 1.50 or so with oil in the middle to low 30s and how Brent spread is also compressing.
Never understand why this is so misunderstood. Gas is usually always down in winter. But indexed it is still relatively high, historically. Like around $2.35-$2.40 or so. For sure $1.99 just sounds better---whether it is or not on a relative basis is rarely pointed out.
Folks will also automatically factor it into their budget. Remember when it first went near $4.00 there was a drastic cutback in driving and a big sell off of SUVs. Then by the next time it got near $4.00---SUVs were everywhere again and people were driving all the time. People will simply adjust their lifestyles and factor their budgets around the change.
Very few people really pay that close attention to gas prices. It is simply a media-stirred frenzy. Something to make people complain---when it is more their lifestyle and budget that is the problem.
People will drive less, carpool, buy more efficient cars, or any number of things---if it really mattered that much. It just really doesn't matter as much as folks think it does.
Never understand why this is so misunderstood. Gas is usually always down in winter. But indexed it is still relatively high, historically. Like around $2.35-$2.40 or so. For sure $1.99 just sounds better---whether it is or not on a relative basis is rarely pointed out.
Folks will also automatically factor it into their budget. Remember when it first went near $4.00 there was a drastic cutback in driving and a big sell off of SUVs. Then by the next time it got near $4.00---SUVs were everywhere again and people were driving all the time. People will simply adjust their lifestyles and factor their budgets around the change.
Very few people really pay that close attention to gas prices. It is simply a media-stirred frenzy. Something to make people complain---when it is more their lifestyle and budget that is the problem.
People will drive less, carpool, buy more efficient cars, or any number of things---if it really mattered that much. It just really doesn't matter as much as folks think it does.