I'm certainly not an apologist for Colin Cowherd - but this is a bit ridiculous
I didn't hear anything particularly offensive- sounds about right to me- I think his bigger point is actually more interesting-
The DR is a third world country...
It just is....
If someone wants to defend, and/or celebrate their education system- I'm certainly willing to listen-
What is the controversy-
I think Cowherd is a prick- so don't really care that he's gone- but not because of this silliness-
I didn't hear anything particularly offensive- sounds about right to me- I think his bigger point is actually more interesting-
The DR is a third world country...
It just is....
If someone wants to defend, and/or celebrate their education system- I'm certainly willing to listen-
What is the controversy-
I think Cowherd is a prick- so don't really care that he's gone- but not because of this silliness-
Well
Missed the part about he was already gone-
Now makes perfect sense-
Well
Missed the part about he was already gone-
Now makes perfect sense-
Pretty funny that a big liberal like Cowherd gets busted by the PC police. ![]()
He was already gone, and ESPN decided to go after him.....shows you the kind of guys (and gals) that are running ESPN......maybe remember that the next time you look at an ESPN College football poll, or the 24 hour loop of "deflate gate" coverage. ![]()
ESPN is worthless. ![]()
Pretty funny that a big liberal like Cowherd gets busted by the PC police. ![]()
He was already gone, and ESPN decided to go after him.....shows you the kind of guys (and gals) that are running ESPN......maybe remember that the next time you look at an ESPN College football poll, or the 24 hour loop of "deflate gate" coverage. ![]()
ESPN is worthless. ![]()
Pretty funny that a big liberal like Cowherd gets busted by the PC police. ![]()
He was already gone, and ESPN decided to go after him.....shows you the kind of guys (and gals) that are running ESPN......maybe remember that the next time you look at an ESPN College football poll, or the 24 hour loop of "deflate gate" coverage. ![]()
ESPN is worthless. ![]()
You think Cowherd...is a lib..LOL.
I listen to him every day specifically because is straightforward about spreads and gambling, despite these ultra-idiotic comments.
Outside of his support for g ay marriage and the LGBT lifestyle (which is more ESPN policy than his views) he is definitely a conservative.
Pretty funny that a big liberal like Cowherd gets busted by the PC police. ![]()
He was already gone, and ESPN decided to go after him.....shows you the kind of guys (and gals) that are running ESPN......maybe remember that the next time you look at an ESPN College football poll, or the 24 hour loop of "deflate gate" coverage. ![]()
ESPN is worthless. ![]()
You think Cowherd...is a lib..LOL.
I listen to him every day specifically because is straightforward about spreads and gambling, despite these ultra-idiotic comments.
Outside of his support for g ay marriage and the LGBT lifestyle (which is more ESPN policy than his views) he is definitely a conservative.
You think Cowherd...is a lib..LOL.
I listen to him every day specifically because is straightforward about spreads and gambling, despite these ultra-idiotic comments.
Outside of his support for g ay marriage and the LGBT lifestyle (which is more ESPN policy than his views) he is definitely a conservative.
CC is about as "progressive" as it gets. Compared to the management at ESPN he looks to be conservative.....
You think Cowherd...is a lib..LOL.
I listen to him every day specifically because is straightforward about spreads and gambling, despite these ultra-idiotic comments.
Outside of his support for g ay marriage and the LGBT lifestyle (which is more ESPN policy than his views) he is definitely a conservative.
CC is about as "progressive" as it gets. Compared to the management at ESPN he looks to be conservative.....
Cowherd is definitely NOT a Liberal - but he is also not a card carrying right winger.
I like him a lot for his sports---but on social issues he seems very liberal. Not on fiscal as much. Could care less about it because I like his schtick--but he is a liberal to me.
Amazing that folks are that sensitive. Obviously he could have said it differently. Same reason so many poor blacks play basketball before now. All you needed was a ball. Etc. , etc.
'You can't walk you way off the island'---there is a realization that baseball is a chance to escape the poverty.
You can hit, field, throw; or you can't. Hone those skills.
The strategy is all in managing the game, etc. Doesn't take away from the skill to play. Skill is not the same as strategy.
Weird to be so sensitve. Especially when he has never seemed racist at all.
Cowherd is definitely NOT a Liberal - but he is also not a card carrying right winger.
I like him a lot for his sports---but on social issues he seems very liberal. Not on fiscal as much. Could care less about it because I like his schtick--but he is a liberal to me.
Amazing that folks are that sensitive. Obviously he could have said it differently. Same reason so many poor blacks play basketball before now. All you needed was a ball. Etc. , etc.
'You can't walk you way off the island'---there is a realization that baseball is a chance to escape the poverty.
You can hit, field, throw; or you can't. Hone those skills.
The strategy is all in managing the game, etc. Doesn't take away from the skill to play. Skill is not the same as strategy.
Weird to be so sensitve. Especially when he has never seemed racist at all.
You think Cowherd...is a lib..LOL.
I listen to him every day specifically because is straightforward about spreads and gambling, despite these ultra-idiotic comments.
Outside of his support for g ay marriage and the LGBT lifestyle (which is more ESPN policy than his views) he is definitely a conservative.
You think Cowherd...is a lib..LOL.
I listen to him every day specifically because is straightforward about spreads and gambling, despite these ultra-idiotic comments.
Outside of his support for g ay marriage and the LGBT lifestyle (which is more ESPN policy than his views) he is definitely a conservative.
Are you not outraged at his comments?
I'm not outraged. I'm more disappointed and saddened because of his unceremonious dismissal from a radio chair he served well, as well as what he chose to focus on with regard to what he said.
He was making a very salient point about how every player on a baseball team could be from a different country and they could communicate in a 'baseball language' and still be a great team.
Then he took 54 seconds of radio to focus on the DR's education system (which is unfair to the target group despite the massive problems in that banana republic, which is the main reason that education system is so poor) and doubled down on it the next day.
It is completely unwarranted to focus on Dominican ballplayers despite their massive success in the major league. The comments reminded me of how people used to think blacks couldn't be QB's because the position was too advanced (this remarkably, kept one of the greatest QB's of all time, Warren Moon, out of the NFL and in the CFL for such a large portion of his career, and it denied him a number of all-time NFL passing records that might have never been broken).
I've listened to him thousands of times during commutes and I can definitively say he isn't a racist.
He had one minute of misguided radio broadcasting and now will likely be defined by it.
Very sad. I hope to see him back on the airwaves soon somewhere putting his comments out to pasture.
The conversation about the DR and how the country educates its masses is a separate one and was not appropriate with regard to his larger point, which was a good one!
Are you not outraged at his comments?
I'm not outraged. I'm more disappointed and saddened because of his unceremonious dismissal from a radio chair he served well, as well as what he chose to focus on with regard to what he said.
He was making a very salient point about how every player on a baseball team could be from a different country and they could communicate in a 'baseball language' and still be a great team.
Then he took 54 seconds of radio to focus on the DR's education system (which is unfair to the target group despite the massive problems in that banana republic, which is the main reason that education system is so poor) and doubled down on it the next day.
It is completely unwarranted to focus on Dominican ballplayers despite their massive success in the major league. The comments reminded me of how people used to think blacks couldn't be QB's because the position was too advanced (this remarkably, kept one of the greatest QB's of all time, Warren Moon, out of the NFL and in the CFL for such a large portion of his career, and it denied him a number of all-time NFL passing records that might have never been broken).
I've listened to him thousands of times during commutes and I can definitively say he isn't a racist.
He had one minute of misguided radio broadcasting and now will likely be defined by it.
Very sad. I hope to see him back on the airwaves soon somewhere putting his comments out to pasture.
The conversation about the DR and how the country educates its masses is a separate one and was not appropriate with regard to his larger point, which was a good one!
Maybe Moneyball (not the movie) or another book but the author wrote about steroids an baseball and players coming up from Latin America. His point was they had the choice of 'juicing' like all the other players trying to get a spot on a roster where, or they could go back to the rice fields.
Did Cowherd really say anything much different tan that?
Maybe Moneyball (not the movie) or another book but the author wrote about steroids an baseball and players coming up from Latin America. His point was they had the choice of 'juicing' like all the other players trying to get a spot on a roster where, or they could go back to the rice fields.
Did Cowherd really say anything much different tan that?
These are Cowherd's comments. I'd say more irrational, zero fact-based and digging a no material left for the last hour hole qualities than racism, but that's just the way I heard it. He was using the DR as an example for a big picture, like he talked about Nebraska during his rant about how they will never be good again because no kid wants to go to a boring, slow place like that.
"It's baseball," Cowherd said Thursday. "You don't think a general manager can manage? Like it's impossible? The game is too complex? I've never bought into that, 'Baseball's just too complex.' Really? A third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic has not been known in my lifetime as having world-class academic abilities. A lot of those kids come from rough backgrounds and have not had opportunities academically that other kids from other countries have.
"Baseball is like any sport. It's mostly instincts. A sports writer who covers baseball could go up to Tony La Russa and have a real baseball argument, and Tony would listen and it would seem reasonable. There's not a single NFL writer in the country who could diagram a play for Bill Belichick. You know, we get caught up in this whole 'thinking-man's game.' Is it in the same family? Most people could do it. It's not being a concert pianist. It's in the same family."
These are Cowherd's comments. I'd say more irrational, zero fact-based and digging a no material left for the last hour hole qualities than racism, but that's just the way I heard it. He was using the DR as an example for a big picture, like he talked about Nebraska during his rant about how they will never be good again because no kid wants to go to a boring, slow place like that.
"It's baseball," Cowherd said Thursday. "You don't think a general manager can manage? Like it's impossible? The game is too complex? I've never bought into that, 'Baseball's just too complex.' Really? A third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic has not been known in my lifetime as having world-class academic abilities. A lot of those kids come from rough backgrounds and have not had opportunities academically that other kids from other countries have.
"Baseball is like any sport. It's mostly instincts. A sports writer who covers baseball could go up to Tony La Russa and have a real baseball argument, and Tony would listen and it would seem reasonable. There's not a single NFL writer in the country who could diagram a play for Bill Belichick. You know, we get caught up in this whole 'thinking-man's game.' Is it in the same family? Most people could do it. It's not being a concert pianist. It's in the same family."
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
- 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,901
- Thursday 10/08/2026 437
- PART DEUX 163
- TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 848
- Week 6 Money 8,589
- I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
- 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,298
- NFL LOCKED IN! 105,265
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
