Now you're just being ridiculous. If you get pulled over for suspicion of driving while intoxicated, refusing to get out of the car and telling the officer "I'd like to be on my way" WILL NEVER WORK. You think ANY COP is gonna say "Well, its your right to refuse, have a safe drive home!" ????
You cant be that dense.
If this were to happen and Goose decided not to cooperate with them, he'd still be arrested. The swerving and smell is enough PC for them to arrest him and get some blood to seal the deal if he doesn't agree to a breathalyzer.
In NJ, you lose you licence for a year instead of 6 months if this happens.
Like Search said, be polite and cooperate to a point.
Goose is right that no one should give up their constitutional rights, but a cop's perception of PC is very subjective.
PC being probably cause; not politically correct***
Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:
Now you're just being ridiculous. If you get pulled over for suspicion of driving while intoxicated, refusing to get out of the car and telling the officer "I'd like to be on my way" WILL NEVER WORK. You think ANY COP is gonna say "Well, its your right to refuse, have a safe drive home!" ????
You cant be that dense.
If this were to happen and Goose decided not to cooperate with them, he'd still be arrested. The swerving and smell is enough PC for them to arrest him and get some blood to seal the deal if he doesn't agree to a breathalyzer.
In NJ, you lose you licence for a year instead of 6 months if this happens.
Like Search said, be polite and cooperate to a point.
Goose is right that no one should give up their constitutional rights, but a cop's perception of PC is very subjective.
PC being probably cause; not politically correct***
WHY on Earth would you even answer that question???
There IS NO correct answer. Just look at the cop and smile.
At age 59, will be 60 in November, I guess I look at cops with different eyes than many of you guys. Most cops are HALF my age so they are going to EARN my respect from the get-go.
I'll tell you this, growing up in the 60's & 70's with all the protests, I am MUCH more aware of my Constitutional Rights than the Millennials. Do they not teach The Constitution in school any more???
I can only picture the scene:
It's 3:00a.m. - G.G.'s toolin' around Connecticut in his groovy 1960's VW Microbus. He's wearing his Sunday best Grateful Dead tie-dye and cutoff jean shorts. Long dirty brown hair, but completely bald on top. Got "Helter Skelter" cranked on the 8 track, a bottle of Tullamore Dew between his legs and a fat doobie in the ashtray. Suddenly, he sees the lightbar in the rear view, and knowing he can't outrun the cops in his P.O.S. van, he decides to pull over.....
Connecticut's Finest - "Excuse me sir, we pulled you over because you're actually driving on the wrong side of the road. Would you mind stepping out of the car, please???"
G.G. - "FUKK YOU! YOU GREEDY CORPORATE FUKKS!!!! I know my rights!!! I marched on Washington with Dr. Martin Luther King!!!! I was at Kent State when it all went down, man!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm late for the Phish concert afterparty....
{HAWWWWWK....... PTOOEY!!!}
TAKE THAT PIG!!! - Make love, not war......"
How long would the billy club beating go on for? I say at least 20 minutes......
Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:
"Do you know how fast you were going?"
WHY on Earth would you even answer that question???
There IS NO correct answer. Just look at the cop and smile.
At age 59, will be 60 in November, I guess I look at cops with different eyes than many of you guys. Most cops are HALF my age so they are going to EARN my respect from the get-go.
I'll tell you this, growing up in the 60's & 70's with all the protests, I am MUCH more aware of my Constitutional Rights than the Millennials. Do they not teach The Constitution in school any more???
I can only picture the scene:
It's 3:00a.m. - G.G.'s toolin' around Connecticut in his groovy 1960's VW Microbus. He's wearing his Sunday best Grateful Dead tie-dye and cutoff jean shorts. Long dirty brown hair, but completely bald on top. Got "Helter Skelter" cranked on the 8 track, a bottle of Tullamore Dew between his legs and a fat doobie in the ashtray. Suddenly, he sees the lightbar in the rear view, and knowing he can't outrun the cops in his P.O.S. van, he decides to pull over.....
Connecticut's Finest - "Excuse me sir, we pulled you over because you're actually driving on the wrong side of the road. Would you mind stepping out of the car, please???"
G.G. - "FUKK YOU! YOU GREEDY CORPORATE FUKKS!!!! I know my rights!!! I marched on Washington with Dr. Martin Luther King!!!! I was at Kent State when it all went down, man!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm late for the Phish concert afterparty....
{HAWWWWWK....... PTOOEY!!!}
TAKE THAT PIG!!! - Make love, not war......"
How long would the billy club beating go on for? I say at least 20 minutes......
It's 3:00a.m. - G.G.'s toolin' around Connecticut in his groovy 1960's VW Microbus. He's wearing his Sunday best Grateful Dead tie-dye and cutoff jean shorts. Long dirty brown hair, but completely bald on top. Got "Helter Skelter" cranked on the 8 track, a bottle of Tullamore Dew between his legs and a fat doobie in the ashtray. Suddenly, he sees the lightbar in the rear view, and knowing he can't outrun the cops in his P.O.S. van, he decides to pull over.....
Connecticut's Finest - "Excuse me sir, we pulled you over because you're actually driving on the wrong side of the road. Would you mind stepping out of the car, please???"
G.G. - "FUKK YOU! YOU GREEDY CORPORATE FUKKS!!!! I know my rights!!! I marched on Washington with Dr. Martin Luther King!!!! I was at Kent State when it all went down, man!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm late for the Phish concert afterparty....
{HAWWWWWK....... PTOOEY!!!}
TAKE THAT PIG!!! - Make love, not war......"
How long would the billy club beating go on for? I say at least 20 minutes......
creative commentary at its best
Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:
I can only picture the scene:
It's 3:00a.m. - G.G.'s toolin' around Connecticut in his groovy 1960's VW Microbus. He's wearing his Sunday best Grateful Dead tie-dye and cutoff jean shorts. Long dirty brown hair, but completely bald on top. Got "Helter Skelter" cranked on the 8 track, a bottle of Tullamore Dew between his legs and a fat doobie in the ashtray. Suddenly, he sees the lightbar in the rear view, and knowing he can't outrun the cops in his P.O.S. van, he decides to pull over.....
Connecticut's Finest - "Excuse me sir, we pulled you over because you're actually driving on the wrong side of the road. Would you mind stepping out of the car, please???"
G.G. - "FUKK YOU! YOU GREEDY CORPORATE FUKKS!!!! I know my rights!!! I marched on Washington with Dr. Martin Luther King!!!! I was at Kent State when it all went down, man!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm late for the Phish concert afterparty....
{HAWWWWWK....... PTOOEY!!!}
TAKE THAT PIG!!! - Make love, not war......"
How long would the billy club beating go on for? I say at least 20 minutes......