• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    How much money do you realistically hope to be making from sports betting each week ?

    12 Next Last»
    I-Got-5-On-It
    SALTY
    The Hawk
    TheGoldenGoose
    mainmanmainman2
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2479
    Posts: 37
    12 Next Last»
     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2012 - 7:54 PM ET #1

    As in average profit ? assuming that some weeks will be good other weeks bad, it will all average out in the end

    for me it would be €500

    not too much but not an unrealistic figure at the end of the day either but an extra 5 Bills at the end of the week is a modest enough goal to aim towards

    What's yours ?

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    As in average profit ? assuming that some weeks will be good other weeks bad, it will all average out in the end

    for me it would be €500

    not too much but not an unrealistic figure at the end of the day either but an extra 5 Bills at the end of the week is a modest enough goal to aim towards

    What's yours ?

     
    SALTY
    SALTY
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 4800
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2012 - 7:55 PM ET #2

    Any amount larger than I starded with.


    Reply
    Any amount larger than I starded with.


     
    SALTY
    SALTY
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 4800
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2012 - 7:55 PM ET #3

    started
    Reply
    started
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2012 - 8:04 PM ET #4

    Well, it all depends on what you start with, and can afford on a weekly basis. Obviously, using money management, you don't start off with X and say "I've got X, so, once a week, I can bet 1/4 of X, and that will last me the month"

    No, no, no, no, no, my friend. And you NEVER say, "Well, in two weeks, I can add more from my paycheck....."

    Does that sound long term to you? This is a marathon, not a sprint. Start betting small. You can always bet more when you win. Practice winning first..........

    GLTA

    Reply

    Well, it all depends on what you start with, and can afford on a weekly basis. Obviously, using money management, you don't start off with X and say "I've got X, so, once a week, I can bet 1/4 of X, and that will last me the month"

    No, no, no, no, no, my friend. And you NEVER say, "Well, in two weeks, I can add more from my paycheck....."

    Does that sound long term to you? This is a marathon, not a sprint. Start betting small. You can always bet more when you win. Practice winning first..........

    GLTA

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2012 - 8:21 PM ET #5


    Just go with the flow and ride the winning streaks.

    Never put a limit on your winnings.

    Always put a limit on your losses.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Just go with the flow and ride the winning streaks.

    Never put a limit on your winnings.

    Always put a limit on your losses.
     
    mainmanmainman2
    mainmanmainman2
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 4357
    Posted: Feb. 17, 2012 - 6:43 PM ET #6



    negative money
    Reply


    negative money
     
    pinoy1da
    pinoy1da
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 6156
    Posted: Feb. 17, 2012 - 7:08 PM ET #7

    800-1000 a week is really good

    i try to make 100-200 a day. 

    treat it like a job so i dont have to get a real job.

    working out great for me. 
    Reply
    800-1000 a week is really good

    i try to make 100-200 a day. 

    treat it like a job so i dont have to get a real job.

    working out great for me. 
     
    bigbill365
    bigbill365
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 1867
    Posted: Feb. 17, 2012 - 9:17 PM ET #8

    i like to make $30 a week it pays for some vodka and food
    Reply
    i like to make $30 a week it pays for some vodka and food
     
    pulledclear
    pulledclear
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 3202
    Posted: Feb. 17, 2012 - 9:24 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Just go with the flow and ride the winning streaks.

    Never put a limit on your winnings.

    Always put a limit on your losses.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Just go with the flow and ride the winning streaks.

    Never put a limit on your winnings.

    Always put a limit on your losses.

     
    mainmanmainman2
    mainmanmainman2
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 4357
    Posted: Feb. 17, 2012 - 9:27 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by pinoy1da:

    800-1000 a week is really good

    i try to make 100-200 a day. 

    treat it like a job so i dont have to get a real job.

    working out great for me. 


    can i follow u. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoy1da:

    800-1000 a week is really good

    i try to make 100-200 a day. 

    treat it like a job so i dont have to get a real job.

    working out great for me. 


    can i follow u. 
     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Feb. 17, 2012 - 11:34 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by pinoy1da:

    800-1000 a week is really good

    i try to make 100-200 a day. 

    treat it like a job so i dont have to get a real job.

    working out great for me. 

    pretty good

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoy1da:

    800-1000 a week is really good

    i try to make 100-200 a day. 

    treat it like a job so i dont have to get a real job.

    working out great for me. 

    pretty good

     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Feb. 17, 2012 - 11:35 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    Well, it all depends on what you start with, and can afford on a weekly basis. Obviously, using money management, you don't start off with X and say "I've got X, so, once a week, I can bet 1/4 of X, and that will last me the month"

    No, no, no, no, no, my friend. And you NEVER say, "Well, in two weeks, I can add more from my paycheck....."

    Does that sound long term to you? This is a marathon, not a sprint. Start betting small. You can always bet more when you win. Practice winning first..........

    GLTA

    good point but I'm just asking about what your overall goal is, not money management basics 

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    Well, it all depends on what you start with, and can afford on a weekly basis. Obviously, using money management, you don't start off with X and say "I've got X, so, once a week, I can bet 1/4 of X, and that will last me the month"

    No, no, no, no, no, my friend. And you NEVER say, "Well, in two weeks, I can add more from my paycheck....."

    Does that sound long term to you? This is a marathon, not a sprint. Start betting small. You can always bet more when you win. Practice winning first..........

    GLTA

    good point but I'm just asking about what your overall goal is, not money management basics 

     
    Kelly_Slater
    Kelly_Slater
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 7621
    Posted: Feb. 17, 2012 - 11:41 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by SALTY:

    Any amount larger than I starded with.



    Are you willing to share your net monthly income?

    As fun as this shit is salty if you are 33 how are you so content with chillaxing constantly?

    I give it up to Salty 

    You must have a lot of time on your hands to create a salty brand non profit. If you put all your efforts in your blog into a real fucking job you would be killlin' it. You seem like you have the ability and I seriously hope life doesn't pass you by. I don't want you to think I'm talkin' smack I've just seen to many people waste talent.

    I remember you talking about your hustle but not divulging what exactly it was. I have a good idea I know what is and have considered doing it in college. 

    The game is to be sold not to be told. 

    I will say it directly involves numbers and leave it at that. 

    Anyway I know you enjoy doing as little as possible while maximizing be loaded and laid. 

    I gotta say I don't consider fake weed a substitute though.

    Anyway, I see you made it out west salty to NV

    If you come to Cali I got that LOUD shit in the house. 

    OG kush everyday swagged out 

    Drop me a line if you are down for car bombs and bong rips



    Valid Prop. 215 CA patient

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SALTY:

    Any amount larger than I starded with.



    Are you willing to share your net monthly income?

    As fun as this shit is salty if you are 33 how are you so content with chillaxing constantly?

    I give it up to Salty 

    You must have a lot of time on your hands to create a salty brand non profit. If you put all your efforts in your blog into a real fucking job you would be killlin' it. You seem like you have the ability and I seriously hope life doesn't pass you by. I don't want you to think I'm talkin' smack I've just seen to many people waste talent.

    I remember you talking about your hustle but not divulging what exactly it was. I have a good idea I know what is and have considered doing it in college. 

    The game is to be sold not to be told. 

    I will say it directly involves numbers and leave it at that. 

    Anyway I know you enjoy doing as little as possible while maximizing be loaded and laid. 

    I gotta say I don't consider fake weed a substitute though.

    Anyway, I see you made it out west salty to NV

    If you come to Cali I got that LOUD shit in the house. 

    OG kush everyday swagged out 

    Drop me a line if you are down for car bombs and bong rips



    Valid Prop. 215 CA patient

     
    D_Unit
    D_Unit
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 2642
    Posted: Feb. 18, 2012 - 12:23 AM ET #14

    $50/daily= $1500 monthly. Very nice chunk of change if your doing it for a hobby. That's a house payment.
    Reply
    $50/daily= $1500 monthly. Very nice chunk of change if your doing it for a hobby. That's a house payment.
     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11184
    Posted: Feb. 18, 2012 - 12:35 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by SALTY:

    Any amount larger than I starded with.



    this
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SALTY:

    Any amount larger than I starded with.



    this
     
    SALTY
    SALTY
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 4800
    Posted: Feb. 18, 2012 - 1:10 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly_Slater:


    Are you willing to share your net monthly income?

    As fun as this shit is salty if you are 33 how are you so content with chillaxing constantly?

    I give it up to Salty 

    You must have a lot of time on your hands to create a salty brand non profit. If you put all your efforts in your blog into a real fucking job you would be killlin' it. You seem like you have the ability and I seriously hope life doesn't pass you by. I don't want you to think I'm talkin' smack I've just seen to many people waste talent.

    I remember you talking about your hustle but not divulging what exactly it was. I have a good idea I know what is and have considered doing it in college. 

    The game is to be sold not to be told. 

    I will say it directly involves numbers and leave it at that. 

    Anyway I know you enjoy doing as little as possible while maximizing be loaded and laid. 

    I gotta say I don't consider fake weed a substitute though.

    Anyway, I see you made it out west salty to NV

    If you come to Cali I got that LOUD shit in the house. 

    OG kush everyday swagged out 

    Drop me a line if you are down for car bombs and bong rips



    Valid Prop. 215 CA patient


    My hustle involves sports and art. Word of mouth and people seeing what I do and after seeing. They are like god damn! Who did that for you and then they call me. I am pretty much done with that for now but can always fall back on it. 

    I actually have not taken residence in Nevada yet but it will be happening in March. Once in Vegas I am moving on to bigger and better things

    And I live to live not to work. I walked away from a high paying job I hated in 2004 and I have been doing just fine. I have gotten to do some cool shit and going forward I will not be doing anything I have ever done before. And you mentioned using talent, I am done with counting on other people and what they say they can do when it comes to my outcome. It is all about me doing what I know I can do even though many do not understand how or why I do or have done or will be doing.

    I can tell you about it over some blunt and bong rips

    I catch shit from some for bragging about not working. I have worked hard in the past to have all this free time. All by choices by me. (never been fired from a job)

    Not sure if I will be in Cali anytime soon but who knows where the wind blows?

    I was just doing research on Nevada's medical laws and I will be one of their newest patients.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly_Slater:


    Are you willing to share your net monthly income?

    As fun as this shit is salty if you are 33 how are you so content with chillaxing constantly?

    I give it up to Salty 

    You must have a lot of time on your hands to create a salty brand non profit. If you put all your efforts in your blog into a real fucking job you would be killlin' it. You seem like you have the ability and I seriously hope life doesn't pass you by. I don't want you to think I'm talkin' smack I've just seen to many people waste talent.

    I remember you talking about your hustle but not divulging what exactly it was. I have a good idea I know what is and have considered doing it in college. 

    The game is to be sold not to be told. 

    I will say it directly involves numbers and leave it at that. 

    Anyway I know you enjoy doing as little as possible while maximizing be loaded and laid. 

    I gotta say I don't consider fake weed a substitute though.

    Anyway, I see you made it out west salty to NV

    If you come to Cali I got that LOUD shit in the house. 

    OG kush everyday swagged out 

    Drop me a line if you are down for car bombs and bong rips



    Valid Prop. 215 CA patient


    My hustle involves sports and art. Word of mouth and people seeing what I do and after seeing. They are like god damn! Who did that for you and then they call me. I am pretty much done with that for now but can always fall back on it. 

    I actually have not taken residence in Nevada yet but it will be happening in March. Once in Vegas I am moving on to bigger and better things

    And I live to live not to work. I walked away from a high paying job I hated in 2004 and I have been doing just fine. I have gotten to do some cool shit and going forward I will not be doing anything I have ever done before. And you mentioned using talent, I am done with counting on other people and what they say they can do when it comes to my outcome. It is all about me doing what I know I can do even though many do not understand how or why I do or have done or will be doing.

    I can tell you about it over some blunt and bong rips

    I catch shit from some for bragging about not working. I have worked hard in the past to have all this free time. All by choices by me. (never been fired from a job)

    Not sure if I will be in Cali anytime soon but who knows where the wind blows?

    I was just doing research on Nevada's medical laws and I will be one of their newest patients.
     
    pinoy1da
    pinoy1da
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 6156
    Posted: Feb. 18, 2012 - 2:01 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by mainmanmainman2:



    can i follow u. 


    honestly i follow ppl on covers. lol 
    if i lose a 100 for that day i dont try and chase i just stop.
    and bet on tomorrows games 

    all about patience and 5dimes book is the shit!

    i hate sportsbook.com/bovada
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mainmanmainman2:



    can i follow u. 


    honestly i follow ppl on covers. lol 
    if i lose a 100 for that day i dont try and chase i just stop.
    and bet on tomorrows games 

    all about patience and 5dimes book is the shit!

    i hate sportsbook.com/bovada
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Feb. 18, 2012 - 5:22 AM ET #18

    pinoy how do you cash it out?


    Reply
    pinoy how do you cash it out?


     
    mwhit82
    mwhit82
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2002
    Posts: 4883
    Posted: Feb. 18, 2012 - 5:45 AM ET #19

    OK I'll bite, 0 income legally (certain laws frowned upon me enjoying/dispensing/enjoying/trading things like opiates and benzo's).....Guess the law just scared me & terminated me since they never really bit me, but I learned my lesson.

    My typical wager is from 5-20, I rarely break that top value unless I hit a parlay (which I rarely bet) or unless I feel greedy/drunk/stupid and put $ on something that shouldn't happen. Tho After wagering shit for a decade plus i still don't know why I don't play more Parlays in the Hoops season w/ ML Dogs that are +200-300, I use to do that more w/ other books I played like Canbet (tho that's not accepted in the states anymore).....I can stay even on College hoops and NBA gm's but when I want to win it takes the unique 4 tm parlay. Finding a 2-1 or 3-1 dog and 2 or 3 other bets isn't that hard (I say but haven't done lately) so you can wager 5-10 and still get a nice 200-300. If there was ever a yr for longshot bets in the NBA this may be it, almost every night I see team A or B covered by 15+....Maybe have a book that offers Pleasers and take 2 or 3 wise choices and big pay-days can occur.

    My problem this year is that I have no good hydro/opi buzz so studying this shit is kind of boring. Hook me up w/ some substances and the NBA would be a gold-mine!!! I'd bite then, HAHA
    Reply
    OK I'll bite, 0 income legally (certain laws frowned upon me enjoying/dispensing/enjoying/trading things like opiates and benzo's).....Guess the law just scared me & terminated me since they never really bit me, but I learned my lesson.

    My typical wager is from 5-20, I rarely break that top value unless I hit a parlay (which I rarely bet) or unless I feel greedy/drunk/stupid and put $ on something that shouldn't happen. Tho After wagering shit for a decade plus i still don't know why I don't play more Parlays in the Hoops season w/ ML Dogs that are +200-300, I use to do that more w/ other books I played like Canbet (tho that's not accepted in the states anymore).....I can stay even on College hoops and NBA gm's but when I want to win it takes the unique 4 tm parlay. Finding a 2-1 or 3-1 dog and 2 or 3 other bets isn't that hard (I say but haven't done lately) so you can wager 5-10 and still get a nice 200-300. If there was ever a yr for longshot bets in the NBA this may be it, almost every night I see team A or B covered by 15+....Maybe have a book that offers Pleasers and take 2 or 3 wise choices and big pay-days can occur.

    My problem this year is that I have no good hydro/opi buzz so studying this shit is kind of boring. Hook me up w/ some substances and the NBA would be a gold-mine!!! I'd bite then, HAHA
     
    thirdperson
    thirdperson
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2005
    Posts: 9454
    Posted: Feb. 18, 2012 - 9:39 AM ET #20

    Mostly a weekly loss for the majority who gamble for recreation.  If gambling is profitable for most people, sportbooks would cease to exist. 

    Reply

    Mostly a weekly loss for the majority who gamble for recreation.  If gambling is profitable for most people, sportbooks would cease to exist. 

     
    pinoy1da
    pinoy1da
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 6156
    Posted: Feb. 18, 2012 - 1:30 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:

    pinoy how do you cash it out?



    i deposit and withdraw through western union @ 5dimes
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:

    pinoy how do you cash it out?



    i deposit and withdraw through western union @ 5dimes
     
    eliminat0r85
    eliminat0r85
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 9147
    Posted: Feb. 18, 2012 - 10:54 PM ET #22

    500 but anything + is a win if ya ask me. It's not hard if you stick to one or two plays. Of course after a bad day it's always best to scale back a bit. Like if i go 0-2, 0-3 i wont play the next day.

    Usually start off slow with like a 50 dollar bet than when i get up to 100 or 200 bet enough to go down to -100. if i hit everything it's a good week, and i scale back to 1 or 2 plays til the week is over. Not everyone will hit a high percentage so if you recognize that youre a 55 - 65% bettor at best once you hit your limit by going better than that percentage its best to stop. No matter how good of a capper you are stuff happens and its hard to cap somethings. Averages will eventually work themselves out so once you hit your limit just stop or slow down and play only the one best play you have on the rest of the days.


    Reply
    500 but anything + is a win if ya ask me. It's not hard if you stick to one or two plays. Of course after a bad day it's always best to scale back a bit. Like if i go 0-2, 0-3 i wont play the next day.

    Usually start off slow with like a 50 dollar bet than when i get up to 100 or 200 bet enough to go down to -100. if i hit everything it's a good week, and i scale back to 1 or 2 plays til the week is over. Not everyone will hit a high percentage so if you recognize that youre a 55 - 65% bettor at best once you hit your limit by going better than that percentage its best to stop. No matter how good of a capper you are stuff happens and its hard to cap somethings. Averages will eventually work themselves out so once you hit your limit just stop or slow down and play only the one best play you have on the rest of the days.


     
    I-love-to-win
    I-love-to-win
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 271
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 4:54 AM ET #23

    If I make 100 € per week I'm happy, it's just a hobby for me.
    Reply
    If I make 100 € per week I'm happy, it's just a hobby for me.
     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Feb. 22, 2012 - 7:21 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by I-love-to-win:

    If I make 100 € per week I'm happy, it's just a hobby for me.

     

     

     

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I-love-to-win:

    If I make 100 € per week I'm happy, it's just a hobby for me.

     

     

     

     
     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Feb. 22, 2012 - 7:22 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by D_Unit:

    $50/daily= $1500 monthly. Very nice chunk of change if your doing it for a hobby. That's a house payment.

    that's a good realistic figure that should be most people's target

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by D_Unit:

    $50/daily= $1500 monthly. Very nice chunk of change if your doing it for a hobby. That's a house payment.

    that's a good realistic figure that should be most people's target

    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,881
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 442
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,599
    • MLB Playoffs 16,893
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,186
    • PART DEUX 135
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,540
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,242
    • Wednesday 2,844

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.