• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    ....how much BOOZE do you drink.....

    12 Next Last»
    pipedoctor
    The Hawk
    StumpTownStu
    TheGoldenGoose
    RogerBailey
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1370
    Posts: 26
    12 Next Last»
     
    pipedoctor
    pipedoctor
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 8428
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2019 - 2:35 PM ET #1

    now in my early fifties, prolly a case of beer/week or slightly less, my family doc says don't worry about the beer so much (other than increased weight) it's the hard stuff that destroys your insides.....never touch the hard liquor, it's been a lot of years since wifey said 'dooo youuu know what you said to me last night??!!'......not anti-booze by no means, but the shine has worn off boozes lustre while I'm getting older, going after different kinds of dark roast coffees now 



    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    now in my early fifties, prolly a case of beer/week or slightly less, my family doc says don't worry about the beer so much (other than increased weight) it's the hard stuff that destroys your insides.....never touch the hard liquor, it's been a lot of years since wifey said 'dooo youuu know what you said to me last night??!!'......not anti-booze by no means, but the shine has worn off boozes lustre while I'm getting older, going after different kinds of dark roast coffees now 



     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2019 - 3:28 PM ET #2

    I'll have a pint halfway through trivia tonight, comped Macallan 12 on the rocks if we win (comped for winning). Wednesday night, 1/2 pitcher of Coors and a bourbon with bitters. Nothing on Monday or Thursday. Weekends are, shall we say flexible. During college football season, nothing on Saturday until 5:00 kick PST (missed more than a few kickoffs because of this. Sunday varies upon Saturday's intake. I believe I won't be alone on this one. This time, I'll stop after 1/2 time of a pro football game or end of golf since I hate starting off a Monday with a hangover. 

    What say you?an_cheers

    Reply

    I'll have a pint halfway through trivia tonight, comped Macallan 12 on the rocks if we win (comped for winning). Wednesday night, 1/2 pitcher of Coors and a bourbon with bitters. Nothing on Monday or Thursday. Weekends are, shall we say flexible. During college football season, nothing on Saturday until 5:00 kick PST (missed more than a few kickoffs because of this. Sunday varies upon Saturday's intake. I believe I won't be alone on this one. This time, I'll stop after 1/2 time of a pro football game or end of golf since I hate starting off a Monday with a hangover. 

    What say you?an_cheers

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2019 - 7:06 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    I'll have a pint halfway through trivia tonight, comped Macallan 12 on the rocks if we win (comped for winning). Wednesday night, 1/2 pitcher of Coors and a bourbon with bitters. Nothing on Monday or Thursday. Weekends are, shall we say flexible. During college football season, nothing on Saturday until 5:00 kick PST (missed more than a few kickoffs because of this. Sunday varies upon Saturday's intake. I believe I won't be alone on this one. This time, I'll stop after 1/2 time of a pro football game or end of golf since I hate starting off a Monday with a hangover.  What say you?

    12 at the bar. 17 and 21 at the house.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    I'll have a pint halfway through trivia tonight, comped Macallan 12 on the rocks if we win (comped for winning). Wednesday night, 1/2 pitcher of Coors and a bourbon with bitters. Nothing on Monday or Thursday. Weekends are, shall we say flexible. During college football season, nothing on Saturday until 5:00 kick PST (missed more than a few kickoffs because of this. Sunday varies upon Saturday's intake. I believe I won't be alone on this one. This time, I'll stop after 1/2 time of a pro football game or end of golf since I hate starting off a Monday with a hangover.  What say you?

    12 at the bar. 17 and 21 at the house.

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2019 - 11:22 PM ET #4


    At home it's Fishers Island Lemonade.  Often imitated but never duplicated this stuff is the bomb at 9% ABV.  Absolutely zero stomach burn that you will find in many less expensive lemonade knock-offs.  Not cheap at $16 a four-pack but you get what you pay for in this business.

    I never go to bars these days.  With one exception.  After I'm done with a Blackjack or Baccarat session at Foxwoods Casino, I'll slip into the Newport Club where our liquids are comped and pound down just a couple of top shelf Irish Whiskey drinks.  Tullamore DEW or Jameson or Bushmills, it's all good.

    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    At home it's Fishers Island Lemonade.  Often imitated but never duplicated this stuff is the bomb at 9% ABV.  Absolutely zero stomach burn that you will find in many less expensive lemonade knock-offs.  Not cheap at $16 a four-pack but you get what you pay for in this business.

    I never go to bars these days.  With one exception.  After I'm done with a Blackjack or Baccarat session at Foxwoods Casino, I'll slip into the Newport Club where our liquids are comped and pound down just a couple of top shelf Irish Whiskey drinks.  Tullamore DEW or Jameson or Bushmills, it's all good.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2019 - 2:48 AM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    At home it's Fishers Island Lemonade.  Often imitated but never duplicated this stuff is the bomb at 9% ABV.  Absolutely zero stomach burn that you will find in many less expensive lemonade knock-offs.  Not cheap at $16 a four-pack but you get what you pay for in this business.I never go to bars these days.  With one exception.  After I'm done with a Blackjack or Baccarat session at Foxwoods Casino, I'll slip into the Newport Club where our liquids are comped and pound down just a couple of top shelf Irish Whiskey drinks.  Tullamore DEW or Jameson or Bushmills, it's all good.

    Jamo is my go to when i'm pounding 'em. Sometimes i'll to Bushmills to honor the wife's Northern Ireland protestant roots. A bar the boys frequent was pushing this Teeling on us and saying they were out of Jamo. Then one day i'm shooting the dirt with the manager and I ask, "When the h3ll are you guys getting more Jameson in?" He tells me they've got plenty but he's just been trying to get rid of the Teeling. Then he cracks a bottle of Jameson and pours me two on the house.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    At home it's Fishers Island Lemonade.  Often imitated but never duplicated this stuff is the bomb at 9% ABV.  Absolutely zero stomach burn that you will find in many less expensive lemonade knock-offs.  Not cheap at $16 a four-pack but you get what you pay for in this business.I never go to bars these days.  With one exception.  After I'm done with a Blackjack or Baccarat session at Foxwoods Casino, I'll slip into the Newport Club where our liquids are comped and pound down just a couple of top shelf Irish Whiskey drinks.  Tullamore DEW or Jameson or Bushmills, it's all good.

    Jamo is my go to when i'm pounding 'em. Sometimes i'll to Bushmills to honor the wife's Northern Ireland protestant roots. A bar the boys frequent was pushing this Teeling on us and saying they were out of Jamo. Then one day i'm shooting the dirt with the manager and I ask, "When the h3ll are you guys getting more Jameson in?" He tells me they've got plenty but he's just been trying to get rid of the Teeling. Then he cracks a bottle of Jameson and pours me two on the house.

     
    RogerBailey
    RogerBailey
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2019
    Posts: 44
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2019 - 3:32 AM ET #6

    I do not drink often, but every weekend I try to go somewhere with friends in a cafe and have a beer. Especially after a hard working week)

    Reply

    I do not drink often, but every weekend I try to go somewhere with friends in a cafe and have a beer. Especially after a hard working week)

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2019 - 3:49 AM ET #7

    In my younger days when in the military and hitting clubs Tanqueray on the rocks with a twist of lime was my libation of choice. No mixer needed. 

    That progressed into Alabama slammers when going out with the after work crowd in my thirties and early forties.

    Now that I am fifty four, I've cut WAY BACK and it's no more than TWO drinks and then it's Jack and Coke. As Pierce Bronson said in After The Sunset..."If it was good enough for Frank, it's good enough for me"  An occasional Modelo Especial never hurts either. 

    Reply

    In my younger days when in the military and hitting clubs Tanqueray on the rocks with a twist of lime was my libation of choice. No mixer needed. 

    That progressed into Alabama slammers when going out with the after work crowd in my thirties and early forties.

    Now that I am fifty four, I've cut WAY BACK and it's no more than TWO drinks and then it's Jack and Coke. As Pierce Bronson said in After The Sunset..."If it was good enough for Frank, it's good enough for me"  An occasional Modelo Especial never hurts either. 

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2019 - 4:32 AM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Jamo is my go to when i'm pounding 'em. Sometimes i'll to Bushmills to honor the wife's Northern Ireland protestant roots. A bar the boys frequent was pushing this Teeling on us and saying they were out of Jamo. Then one day i'm shooting the dirt with the manager and I ask, "When the h3ll are you guys getting more Jameson in?" He tells me they've got plenty but he's just been trying to get rid of the Teeling. Then he cracks a bottle of Jameson and pours me two on the house.



    There is no shame in Teeling, that's good sh!t also, but you maybe noticed the single malt compared to the Jamo blended.

    Once in a while I will order while playing cards on the casino floor and the waitress will bring me Seagrams instead of Jamo.  I will drink it but will also tell her next round that I do know the difference and I want my Jamo and NOT Seagrams.  Flip her a green chip and tell her to take care of the bartender too next trip.

    You want what you order and yes we Irish whiskey drinkers can tell the difference.




    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Jamo is my go to when i'm pounding 'em. Sometimes i'll to Bushmills to honor the wife's Northern Ireland protestant roots. A bar the boys frequent was pushing this Teeling on us and saying they were out of Jamo. Then one day i'm shooting the dirt with the manager and I ask, "When the h3ll are you guys getting more Jameson in?" He tells me they've got plenty but he's just been trying to get rid of the Teeling. Then he cracks a bottle of Jameson and pours me two on the house.



    There is no shame in Teeling, that's good sh!t also, but you maybe noticed the single malt compared to the Jamo blended.

    Once in a while I will order while playing cards on the casino floor and the waitress will bring me Seagrams instead of Jamo.  I will drink it but will also tell her next round that I do know the difference and I want my Jamo and NOT Seagrams.  Flip her a green chip and tell her to take care of the bartender too next trip.

    You want what you order and yes we Irish whiskey drinkers can tell the difference.




     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2019 - 9:11 AM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Jamo is my go to when i'm pounding 'em. Sometimes i'll to Bushmills to honor the wife's Northern Ireland protestant roots. A bar the boys frequent was pushing this Teeling on us and saying they were out of Jamo. Then one day i'm shooting the dirt with the manager and I ask, "When the h3ll are you guys getting more Jameson in?" He tells me they've got plenty but he's just been trying to get rid of the Teeling. Then he cracks a bottle of Jameson and pours me two on the house.
    There is no shame in Teeling, that's good sh!t also, but you maybe noticed the single malt compared to the Jamo blended.Once in a while I will order while playing cards on the casino floor and the waitress will bring me Seagrams instead of Jamo.  I will drink it but will also tell her next round that I do know the difference and I want my Jamo and NOT Seagrams.  Flip her a green chip and tell her to take care of the bartender too next trip.You want what you order and yes we Irish whiskey drinkers can tell the difference.

    No, it was technically better than the Jamo but like I said, Jamo is what I order when i'm doing some serious drinking. I'll do shots and/or drink Jamo and cokes. Teeling is a sipping whiskey. Not really meant for mixing/pounding shots. Plus we would get a discount on everything but our discount didn't go for the Teeling because they were trying to recoup their loot on it.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Jamo is my go to when i'm pounding 'em. Sometimes i'll to Bushmills to honor the wife's Northern Ireland protestant roots. A bar the boys frequent was pushing this Teeling on us and saying they were out of Jamo. Then one day i'm shooting the dirt with the manager and I ask, "When the h3ll are you guys getting more Jameson in?" He tells me they've got plenty but he's just been trying to get rid of the Teeling. Then he cracks a bottle of Jameson and pours me two on the house.
    There is no shame in Teeling, that's good sh!t also, but you maybe noticed the single malt compared to the Jamo blended.Once in a while I will order while playing cards on the casino floor and the waitress will bring me Seagrams instead of Jamo.  I will drink it but will also tell her next round that I do know the difference and I want my Jamo and NOT Seagrams.  Flip her a green chip and tell her to take care of the bartender too next trip.You want what you order and yes we Irish whiskey drinkers can tell the difference.

    No, it was technically better than the Jamo but like I said, Jamo is what I order when i'm doing some serious drinking. I'll do shots and/or drink Jamo and cokes. Teeling is a sipping whiskey. Not really meant for mixing/pounding shots. Plus we would get a discount on everything but our discount didn't go for the Teeling because they were trying to recoup their loot on it.

     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2019 - 12:28 PM ET #10

    Kinda ashamed to say.............
    Reply
    Kinda ashamed to say.............
     
    pipedoctor
    pipedoctor
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 8428
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2019 - 3:29 PM ET #11

    ...i remember daytona spring break in the mid-eighties funnelling full beers all day on the beach hustling bikinis, talk about instantly expanding the phuck out of your stomach 
    Reply
    ...i remember daytona spring break in the mid-eighties funnelling full beers all day on the beach hustling bikinis, talk about instantly expanding the phuck out of your stomach 
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2019 - 9:17 PM ET #12

    2-3 pints of Smirnoff a day at the height of my alcoholism. I didnt even like it. But it was the only decent vodka that came in plastic bottles to hide around the house without making the clanking noises that you get with bottles. Those were dark days for me. 

    Unfortunately I cant drink like a normal person anymore. I crossed that line. First drink and I cant stop.

    Sucks guys, but it's better than drinking myself to death.

    Enjoy your booze fellas. I miss it sometimes

    Reply

    2-3 pints of Smirnoff a day at the height of my alcoholism. I didnt even like it. But it was the only decent vodka that came in plastic bottles to hide around the house without making the clanking noises that you get with bottles. Those were dark days for me. 

    Unfortunately I cant drink like a normal person anymore. I crossed that line. First drink and I cant stop.

    Sucks guys, but it's better than drinking myself to death.

    Enjoy your booze fellas. I miss it sometimes

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2019 - 12:38 AM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    2-3 pints of Smirnoff a day at the height of my alcoholism. I didnt even like it. But it was the only decent vodka that came in plastic bottles to hide around the house without making the clanking noises that you get with bottles. Those were dark days for me.  Unfortunately I cant drink like a normal person anymore. I crossed that line. First drink and I cant stop. Sucks guys, but it's better than drinking myself to death. Enjoy your booze fellas. I miss it sometimes

    Brother Slobs with some real. Thanx for sharing, bro. Keep up the fight.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    2-3 pints of Smirnoff a day at the height of my alcoholism. I didnt even like it. But it was the only decent vodka that came in plastic bottles to hide around the house without making the clanking noises that you get with bottles. Those were dark days for me.  Unfortunately I cant drink like a normal person anymore. I crossed that line. First drink and I cant stop. Sucks guys, but it's better than drinking myself to death. Enjoy your booze fellas. I miss it sometimes

    Brother Slobs with some real. Thanx for sharing, bro. Keep up the fight.

     
    JumpinJeremy55
    JumpinJeremy55
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2017
    Posts: 3094
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2019 - 3:25 AM ET #14

    i dont drink at all, ive never been into it. ive got slightly buzzed once or twice. but i enjoy smoking plenty of cannabis in my large glass bong new_cool

    j
    Reply

    i dont drink at all, ive never been into it. ive got slightly buzzed once or twice. but i enjoy smoking plenty of cannabis in my large glass bong new_cool

     
    mbialowas
    mbialowas
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 4681
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2019 - 11:31 AM ET #15

    Roughly 48 beers a week.  Hard stuff only if I go on a bender
    Reply
    Roughly 48 beers a week.  Hard stuff only if I go on a bender
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2019 - 3:32 PM ET #16

    Ex-wife (due to alcoholism) would use the "hide in plain site" routine. I'd go looking (like a co-dependent d*pshit) for bottles, but she would put it in a clear water bottle. Clever.

    She's been sober 10 years.

     

    Reply

    Ex-wife (due to alcoholism) would use the "hide in plain site" routine. I'd go looking (like a co-dependent d*pshit) for bottles, but she would put it in a clear water bottle. Clever.

    She's been sober 10 years.

     

     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2019 - 4:08 PM ET #17

    A lot.

    A lot of beer.

    I should have a huge beer gut but I dont.

    Also smoke weed.

    A lot of weed.

    Reply

    A lot.

    A lot of beer.

    I should have a huge beer gut but I dont.

    Also smoke weed.

    A lot of weed.

     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2019 - 4:34 PM ET #18

    alot
    Reply
    alot
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2019 - 5:02 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyTeeth:

    A lot. A lot of beer. I should have a huge beer gut but I dont. Also smoke weed. A lot of weed.

    Teeth, have you started taking dabs yet?

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyTeeth:

    A lot. A lot of beer. I should have a huge beer gut but I dont. Also smoke weed. A lot of weed.

    Teeth, have you started taking dabs yet?

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2019 - 6:18 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    2-3 pints of Smirnoff a day at the height of my alcoholism. I didnt even like it. But it was the only decent vodka that came in plastic bottles to hide around the house without making the clanking noises that you get with bottles. Those were dark days for me.  Unfortunately I cant drink like a normal person anymore. I crossed that line. First drink and I cant stop. Sucks guys, but it's better than drinking myself to death. Enjoy your booze fellas. I miss it sometimes

     You're doing what's right for you. I went 7 months dry after my first marriage & just over 3 years while trying to rescue my 2nd. My 2nd ex now has been sober for about 15 years & I'm happy for her. These days I pick & choose my spots. Like many, I can't see stopping once I get started, so I just abstain. Some weeks I may just have a beer or two........others are a bit more colorful. I never cared for scotch or bourbon whiskey, so my go-to is usually some VO or Crown. My preferred is tequila. I usually keep some anejo handy (DJ/DJ1942, Clase Azul.......so many more now than even 10 years ago) for when I watch a good game.

     Getting old is not for the weak. My body just doesn't handle hangovers like it used to, & I certainly don't go with the "hair of the dog" routine anymore. On average, I have one "rough" night a week. Volume on those nights? 5-6 beers & 5-10 shots.......

     

     BTW...........be careful with "Space Dust". I'm not much of an IPA fan but that is tasty & potent. an_wink

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    2-3 pints of Smirnoff a day at the height of my alcoholism. I didnt even like it. But it was the only decent vodka that came in plastic bottles to hide around the house without making the clanking noises that you get with bottles. Those were dark days for me.  Unfortunately I cant drink like a normal person anymore. I crossed that line. First drink and I cant stop. Sucks guys, but it's better than drinking myself to death. Enjoy your booze fellas. I miss it sometimes

     You're doing what's right for you. I went 7 months dry after my first marriage & just over 3 years while trying to rescue my 2nd. My 2nd ex now has been sober for about 15 years & I'm happy for her. These days I pick & choose my spots. Like many, I can't see stopping once I get started, so I just abstain. Some weeks I may just have a beer or two........others are a bit more colorful. I never cared for scotch or bourbon whiskey, so my go-to is usually some VO or Crown. My preferred is tequila. I usually keep some anejo handy (DJ/DJ1942, Clase Azul.......so many more now than even 10 years ago) for when I watch a good game.

     Getting old is not for the weak. My body just doesn't handle hangovers like it used to, & I certainly don't go with the "hair of the dog" routine anymore. On average, I have one "rough" night a week. Volume on those nights? 5-6 beers & 5-10 shots.......

     

     BTW...........be careful with "Space Dust". I'm not much of an IPA fan but that is tasty & potent. an_wink

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2019 - 6:23 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    2-3 pints of Smirnoff a day at the height of my alcoholism. I didnt even like it. But it was the only decent vodka that came in plastic bottles to hide around the house without making the clanking noises that you get with bottles. Those were dark days for me.  Unfortunately I cant drink like a normal person anymore. I crossed that line. First drink and I cant stop. Sucks guys, but it's better than drinking myself to death. Enjoy your booze fellas. I miss it sometimes
     You're doing what's right for you. I went 7 months dry after my first marriage & just over 3 years while trying to rescue my 2nd. My 2nd ex now has been sober for about 15 years & I'm happy for her. These days I pick & choose my spots. Like many, I can't see stopping once I get started, so I just abstain. Some weeks I may just have a beer or two........others are a bit more colorful. I never cared for scotch or bourbon whiskey, so my go-to is usually some VO or Crown. My preferred is tequila. I usually keep some anejo handy (DJ/DJ1942, Clase Azul.......so many more now than even 10 years ago) for when I watch a good game.  Getting old is not for the weak. My body just doesn't handle hangovers like it used to, & I certainly don't go with the "hair of the dog" routine anymore. On average, I have one "rough" night a week. Volume on those nights? 5-6 beers & 5-10 shots.......    BTW...........be careful with "Space Dust". I'm not much of an IPA fan but that is tasty & potent.

    Are you on the West Coast? Pac NW? Space Dust is one of my favorite beers. Elysian is one of my favorite breweries.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    2-3 pints of Smirnoff a day at the height of my alcoholism. I didnt even like it. But it was the only decent vodka that came in plastic bottles to hide around the house without making the clanking noises that you get with bottles. Those were dark days for me.  Unfortunately I cant drink like a normal person anymore. I crossed that line. First drink and I cant stop. Sucks guys, but it's better than drinking myself to death. Enjoy your booze fellas. I miss it sometimes
     You're doing what's right for you. I went 7 months dry after my first marriage & just over 3 years while trying to rescue my 2nd. My 2nd ex now has been sober for about 15 years & I'm happy for her. These days I pick & choose my spots. Like many, I can't see stopping once I get started, so I just abstain. Some weeks I may just have a beer or two........others are a bit more colorful. I never cared for scotch or bourbon whiskey, so my go-to is usually some VO or Crown. My preferred is tequila. I usually keep some anejo handy (DJ/DJ1942, Clase Azul.......so many more now than even 10 years ago) for when I watch a good game.  Getting old is not for the weak. My body just doesn't handle hangovers like it used to, & I certainly don't go with the "hair of the dog" routine anymore. On average, I have one "rough" night a week. Volume on those nights? 5-6 beers & 5-10 shots.......    BTW...........be careful with "Space Dust". I'm not much of an IPA fan but that is tasty & potent.

    Are you on the West Coast? Pac NW? Space Dust is one of my favorite beers. Elysian is one of my favorite breweries.

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2019 - 7:08 PM ET #22

    Yep........north of Seattle. As I said, I'm not much of an IPA fan but I do like the Elysian Mens Room & Space Dust. They have it on tap at my club now.
     It's a bit more volatile than Coors light.
    Reply
    Yep........north of Seattle. As I said, I'm not much of an IPA fan but I do like the Elysian Mens Room & Space Dust. They have it on tap at my club now.
     It's a bit more volatile than Coors light.
     
    MIZUNO22
    MIZUNO22
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 648
    Posted: Jun. 29, 2019 - 11:20 PM ET #23

    4 pack of wine coolers will last me 6 months. 

    1 a day; 50/50 mix, water & Monster.  (white can, zero sugar, zero calories)

    soo good!  total lightweight w/ alcohol.

    Reply

    4 pack of wine coolers will last me 6 months. 

    1 a day; 50/50 mix, water & Monster.  (white can, zero sugar, zero calories)

    soo good!  total lightweight w/ alcohol.

     
    marktb68
    marktb68
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2019 - 2:50 PM ET #24

    I'm 51 I drink 6 beers a day at least

    Reply

    I'm 51 I drink 6 beers a day at least

     
     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Jul. 2, 2019 - 4:25 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyTeeth:

    A lot. A lot of beer. I should have a huge beer gut but I dont. Also smoke weed. A lot of weed.
    Teeth, have you started taking dabs yet?

    No Stu, not yet. Will be extracting oils from crop, make "moon rocks" and save some for dabbing. Just gonna heat some choice buds for extract no solvents involved. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyTeeth:

    A lot. A lot of beer. I should have a huge beer gut but I dont. Also smoke weed. A lot of weed.
    Teeth, have you started taking dabs yet?

    No Stu, not yet. Will be extracting oils from crop, make "moon rocks" and save some for dabbing. Just gonna heat some choice buds for extract no solvents involved. 

    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,885
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 444
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,600
    • MLB Playoffs 16,919
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,201
    • PART DEUX 137
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,362
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,251
    • Week 6 Money 5,632
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,147

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.