• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Has anybody here "Cheated Death"?

    «First Previous 12
    lennon65
    TheGoldenGoose
    vetdrm
    nature1970
    VanDutch
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1909
    Posts: 44
    «First Previous 12
     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2018 - 5:34 PM ET #26

    back in the mid 70's when i was 8-10 i had a great neighborhood with many friends. we were always outside playing every sport. we used to bike race where we relayed in opposite directions. probably during 76 summer olympics.. anyway i rounded a corner and came face to face with a ford station wagon that seemed like it was traveling at least 50 in a 35. i clipped his back tire and flipped head over. no injuries.

    close call.

    i have 2 more really bad ones that ill check in later.

    my brother is my guardian angel.

    great thread goose


    Reply
    back in the mid 70's when i was 8-10 i had a great neighborhood with many friends. we were always outside playing every sport. we used to bike race where we relayed in opposite directions. probably during 76 summer olympics.. anyway i rounded a corner and came face to face with a ford station wagon that seemed like it was traveling at least 50 in a 35. i clipped his back tire and flipped head over. no injuries.

    close call.

    i have 2 more really bad ones that ill check in later.

    my brother is my guardian angel.

    great thread goose


     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2018 - 6:36 PM ET #27

    HockeyTeeth 

    searchwarrent

    Mark_The_Narc

    idle_havoc

    ArtSchlichterJr

    nature1970

    sports_Network 

    Crazy_Train

    THEMUGG

    joe pockets...  If you don't have a story yet...  You will.

    zebrakiller

    lennon65

    This is why I have remained on Covers for 15 years now.  I find it to be an interesting Soap Opera where, little by little, you learn tiny pieces of every poster's lives.  The more little tid-bits you accumulate the more interesting and more complete the puzzle.

    Keep'em coming fellas.  

     


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    HockeyTeeth 

    searchwarrent

    Mark_The_Narc

    idle_havoc

    ArtSchlichterJr

    nature1970

    sports_Network 

    Crazy_Train

    THEMUGG

    joe pockets...  If you don't have a story yet...  You will.

    zebrakiller

    lennon65

    This is why I have remained on Covers for 15 years now.  I find it to be an interesting Soap Opera where, little by little, you learn tiny pieces of every poster's lives.  The more little tid-bits you accumulate the more interesting and more complete the puzzle.

    Keep'em coming fellas.  

     


     
    vetdrm
    vetdrm
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 14987
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2018 - 7:17 PM ET #28

    3 times.
    Have been a good boy for the last 30 years.

    Reply
    3 times.
    Have been a good boy for the last 30 years.

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2018 - 8:11 PM ET #29

    Okay your thread I’ll give the whole storyline. Posting on a mobile... near with me it might take a few man. So many words and I can’t captcha or submit the post

    Reply

    Okay your thread I’ll give the whole storyline. Posting on a mobile... near with me it might take a few man. So many words and I can’t captcha or submit the post

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2018 - 8:13 PM ET #30

    A girl bought a drink for me at a bar in skowehagan maine she was an e. Friends of me main sceeeze... we played cards I wanted to know she was old enough so I gave her a fiver and asked for a twisted tea. 

    Reply

    A girl bought a drink for me at a bar in skowehagan maine she was an e. Friends of me main sceeeze... we played cards I wanted to know she was old enough so I gave her a fiver and asked for a twisted tea. 

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2018 - 8:17 PM ET #31

    She and my non friend wanted to move to New Hampshire so I made the arrangements to North Conway. Well he stopped taking busbar and tried to kill her... I said shut up get in the truck and I’ll take you home, but if you say shit I’ll kill him and you be stuck I’ll be in jail... so we got back to Maine in an ice storm no less

    Reply

    She and my non friend wanted to move to New Hampshire so I made the arrangements to North Conway. Well he stopped taking busbar and tried to kill her... I said shut up get in the truck and I’ll take you home, but if you say shit I’ll kill him and you be stuck I’ll be in jail... so we got back to Maine in an ice storm no less

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2018 - 8:19 PM ET #32

    We got back to Maine she were no 21 she is 17 and her home wasn’t in Maine. But I States I bring her home sooo off to bama...

    Reply

    We got back to Maine she were no 21 she is 17 and her home wasn’t in Maine. But I States I bring her home sooo off to bama...

     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2018 - 8:49 PM ET #33

    This one still chills me today. Live in Vegas now since 2004. called a friend from Long Island in 2005 that i haven't spoken to or seen since 1990's. first words out of his mouth is.. do u remember when u saved our lives?

    he worked for an AC +R company that his dad owned. long story short... the 3 of us started huffing freon . we locked ourselves in an old VW and started passing the hose around. we passed out. all of a sudden i felt someone choking me and opened my eyes and saw  someone between the front seats choking me telling me to WAKE UP!!!! Both my friends were passed out in the front seat. The hose was pointed on my neck. had a big behind cold burn the next day.

    i feel the person that was choking me was my dead brother from 1966. who is my guardian angel. he saved us.

    i have another....
    story for another day


    Reply
    This one still chills me today. Live in Vegas now since 2004. called a friend from Long Island in 2005 that i haven't spoken to or seen since 1990's. first words out of his mouth is.. do u remember when u saved our lives?

    he worked for an AC +R company that his dad owned. long story short... the 3 of us started huffing freon . we locked ourselves in an old VW and started passing the hose around. we passed out. all of a sudden i felt someone choking me and opened my eyes and saw  someone between the front seats choking me telling me to WAKE UP!!!! Both my friends were passed out in the front seat. The hose was pointed on my neck. had a big behind cold burn the next day.

    i feel the person that was choking me was my dead brother from 1966. who is my guardian angel. he saved us.

    i have another....
    story for another day


     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2018 - 9:47 PM ET #34

    I also woke up saying ' screaming stop choking me!!'. then my 2 friends woke up and both said they weren't choking me.


    Reply
    I also woke up saying ' screaming stop choking me!!'. then my 2 friends woke up and both said they weren't choking me.


     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2018 - 10:29 PM ET #35

    Flashback . Couple years ago I was drilling a 1/4: hole @ a main neutral bar ( bottom of a 1600A switch gear ) asked my helper for a LONG drill bit , he didn't have one so I used a 3 " bit I had. Laying on my back reaching in the gear I drilled the hole . when I went to install the Lug with a bolt I put my hand ( had gloves on ) behind the buss bar to install the nut and the back of my hand hit another buss bar ( phase C ) . When I realized ( at that instant ) what could have happened if he gave me the long bit I asked for. ...the felling in my stomach was chilling . 

    A few hours later I was more mad then grateful . I've been doing this for many years and to go out like that would be embarrassing 
    Reply
    Flashback . Couple years ago I was drilling a 1/4: hole @ a main neutral bar ( bottom of a 1600A switch gear ) asked my helper for a LONG drill bit , he didn't have one so I used a 3 " bit I had. Laying on my back reaching in the gear I drilled the hole . when I went to install the Lug with a bolt I put my hand ( had gloves on ) behind the buss bar to install the nut and the back of my hand hit another buss bar ( phase C ) . When I realized ( at that instant ) what could have happened if he gave me the long bit I asked for. ...the felling in my stomach was chilling . 

    A few hours later I was more mad then grateful . I've been doing this for many years and to go out like that would be embarrassing 
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2018 - 10:42 PM ET #36

    Amazing stories. I think degenerates are just really hard to kill. 

     

    SportsNetwork. That's an intense story having surving two crashes fixed wing and helicopter... sorry ya lost your buddies. Takes a lot of strength and courage to overcome that and move forward and carry on in life. I can't even imagine. Salute ya.peace_5

     

     

    Reply

    Amazing stories. I think degenerates are just really hard to kill. 

     

    SportsNetwork. That's an intense story having surving two crashes fixed wing and helicopter... sorry ya lost your buddies. Takes a lot of strength and courage to overcome that and move forward and carry on in life. I can't even imagine. Salute ya.peace_5

     

     

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2018 - 11:54 PM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by lennon65:

    I also woke up saying ' screaming stop choking me!!'. then my 2 friends woke up and both said they weren't choking me.



    Wow that's bizarre.  First there is somebody there... then there wasn't.

    Not to get off topic but I recently had a similar experience.

    Was at Foxwoods Casino last year and was playing Blackjack at 3am with an Aussie at the table.  He was pizzed off because even though it's an Indian Reservation they still abide by CT State Liquor Laws.  No booze after 2am.

    We finished the Blackjack Shoe and I said, "not a problem, I got stuff in my car".  So him and his friend came with me to the garage.  I opened my trunk and we all proceeded to knock down three Fishers Island Lemonades each.  These are 9% ABV so it was like belting down five and a half beers each.

    They expressed gratitude, "Thank you Mate, lets go make some more money".  I shut the trunk, got a pack of breath mints on the console and locked the car.  Looked up and THERE WAS NOBODY!!!!!

    GONE like a f@rt in the wind!!!!!  It was IMPOSSIBLE.  We were in the center of the garage.  NOBODY could move that fast.  I ran to the elevators but nobody there!!!!!

    Fukking most bizarre thing I've ever experienced.  Crazy.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by lennon65:

    I also woke up saying ' screaming stop choking me!!'. then my 2 friends woke up and both said they weren't choking me.



    Wow that's bizarre.  First there is somebody there... then there wasn't.

    Not to get off topic but I recently had a similar experience.

    Was at Foxwoods Casino last year and was playing Blackjack at 3am with an Aussie at the table.  He was pizzed off because even though it's an Indian Reservation they still abide by CT State Liquor Laws.  No booze after 2am.

    We finished the Blackjack Shoe and I said, "not a problem, I got stuff in my car".  So him and his friend came with me to the garage.  I opened my trunk and we all proceeded to knock down three Fishers Island Lemonades each.  These are 9% ABV so it was like belting down five and a half beers each.

    They expressed gratitude, "Thank you Mate, lets go make some more money".  I shut the trunk, got a pack of breath mints on the console and locked the car.  Looked up and THERE WAS NOBODY!!!!!

    GONE like a f@rt in the wind!!!!!  It was IMPOSSIBLE.  We were in the center of the garage.  NOBODY could move that fast.  I ran to the elevators but nobody there!!!!!

    Fukking most bizarre thing I've ever experienced.  Crazy.
     
    HotRod11
    HotRod11
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 841
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2018 - 11:57 AM ET #38

    Fell off a tractor when I was around 10. I remember feeling the pressure of the back tire coming down on me before my uncle could get the thing stopped.
    Reply
    Fell off a tractor when I was around 10. I remember feeling the pressure of the back tire coming down on me before my uncle could get the thing stopped.
     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2018 - 4:16 PM ET #39

    In my late teens visiting family in rural NW PA. Three of us in my cousins Ford Bronco circa late 1980's, I was in the back seat. The drunk feckur was hauling behind on a rural country road pitch black after a party and lost control flying around a bend. Vehicle slid sideways off the side of the road and hit a tree stump which stopped us. We open the driver side doors to get out and immediately fall/slide about 20 feet down an steep embankment. If we didn't hit that tree stump I am positive we would all have been dead or critically injured at minimum. We eventually walked back to the party and they said they heard the crash, thought for sure we were all dead.


    Reply
    In my late teens visiting family in rural NW PA. Three of us in my cousins Ford Bronco circa late 1980's, I was in the back seat. The drunk feckur was hauling behind on a rural country road pitch black after a party and lost control flying around a bend. Vehicle slid sideways off the side of the road and hit a tree stump which stopped us. We open the driver side doors to get out and immediately fall/slide about 20 feet down an steep embankment. If we didn't hit that tree stump I am positive we would all have been dead or critically injured at minimum. We eventually walked back to the party and they said they heard the crash, thought for sure we were all dead.


     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2018 - 4:44 PM ET #40

    8 years ago in Watts/South Central trying to give this old lady relocation money to move out of her house because my client foreclosed on her. One of the stipulations is that she had to have all personal property removed from the house and the house had to be in "broom swept" condition.

    She called me a couple times that she was ready to go but when I would go out there would still be furniture junk etc. so I explained to her I couldn't give her the check until it was gone. I was always polite to her and she was very nice and understood the situation.

    Finally she calls and says everything is finally out. So I go to the house and there are about 5 or 6 gangster looking thugs in the front yard with a truck full of junk. I am hesitant but figure she hired some people to get it all out so I walk up to the door and she greets me to come in. We walk through the house to verify it is all clean and end up in the back yard. There were a few things left but I told her I would take care of it, I didn't want to keep coming back.

    All of a sudden I hear yelling and fighting in the front yard and a gun shot. She looks at me and said God damn crackheads I knew I shouldn't of hired them. Her grandson and the "movers" were from different gangs and eventually got into it. She told me to stay there and went to the front and chased them away.

    Essentially I was trapped in a back yard in Watts with a gang fight going on in the front yard. I was scared shitless being a Swedish-American guy in a suit. I was looking at which fence to jump to circle back to my car and bail. She went up there yelling at all them and the truck with the crack heads finally left. I gave her the money and came back later to board up the house.

    I have worked in the deepest parts of the hood of Los Angeles, Compton, Long Beach for years but that was the only time I had actually feared for my life.
    Reply
    8 years ago in Watts/South Central trying to give this old lady relocation money to move out of her house because my client foreclosed on her. One of the stipulations is that she had to have all personal property removed from the house and the house had to be in "broom swept" condition.

    She called me a couple times that she was ready to go but when I would go out there would still be furniture junk etc. so I explained to her I couldn't give her the check until it was gone. I was always polite to her and she was very nice and understood the situation.

    Finally she calls and says everything is finally out. So I go to the house and there are about 5 or 6 gangster looking thugs in the front yard with a truck full of junk. I am hesitant but figure she hired some people to get it all out so I walk up to the door and she greets me to come in. We walk through the house to verify it is all clean and end up in the back yard. There were a few things left but I told her I would take care of it, I didn't want to keep coming back.

    All of a sudden I hear yelling and fighting in the front yard and a gun shot. She looks at me and said God damn crackheads I knew I shouldn't of hired them. Her grandson and the "movers" were from different gangs and eventually got into it. She told me to stay there and went to the front and chased them away.

    Essentially I was trapped in a back yard in Watts with a gang fight going on in the front yard. I was scared shitless being a Swedish-American guy in a suit. I was looking at which fence to jump to circle back to my car and bail. She went up there yelling at all them and the truck with the crack heads finally left. I gave her the money and came back later to board up the house.

    I have worked in the deepest parts of the hood of Los Angeles, Compton, Long Beach for years but that was the only time I had actually feared for my life.
     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2018 - 5:52 PM ET #41

    In 1996 was driving a 1982 T-Bird that i bought from one of my GF's friends for 1800.. i didn't register the car nor got insurance and had a suspended license plus it needed a Brake job. this was my Drug Hey Day.

    Driving on an industrial road in a misty rain this Box Truck made a left approx 50 yds in front of me. as i was pumping the non existant brakes  i fish tailed and slid into a metal/ car junk yard.

    i headed toward a flat bed driver side 1st. the front end slid under the flat bed, the windshield was obliterated and i missed getting decapitated by a matter of the width of the dashboard.

    Also my backend slid into a car the lot owner was trying to sell and when  hit it there was a family of 4 in the car. no injuries on them either.

    no charges on me from the lot owner nor the family of 4.
    the lot owner kept the car and the wonderful Suffolk County Policeman just gave me 3 tickets.

    that's my 3rd time and hopefully the last.


     
    Reply
    In 1996 was driving a 1982 T-Bird that i bought from one of my GF's friends for 1800.. i didn't register the car nor got insurance and had a suspended license plus it needed a Brake job. this was my Drug Hey Day.

    Driving on an industrial road in a misty rain this Box Truck made a left approx 50 yds in front of me. as i was pumping the non existant brakes  i fish tailed and slid into a metal/ car junk yard.

    i headed toward a flat bed driver side 1st. the front end slid under the flat bed, the windshield was obliterated and i missed getting decapitated by a matter of the width of the dashboard.

    Also my backend slid into a car the lot owner was trying to sell and when  hit it there was a family of 4 in the car. no injuries on them either.

    no charges on me from the lot owner nor the family of 4.
    the lot owner kept the car and the wonderful Suffolk County Policeman just gave me 3 tickets.

    that's my 3rd time and hopefully the last.


     
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2018 - 7:12 PM ET #42


    Every day that I get on the freeways here in Southern California.....


    But seriously.....

    Apparently I was almost kidnapped (I have no recollection of it) - back in the late 70's/early 80's when you could just leave your toddler in the car while your parents "ran into the store real quick"

    Like I was saying - apparently my dad came out and saw some dude trying to open the truck door to get me. Guy ran off, and nothing was ever reported. But, my dad says that a few minutes beyond that, I would've been gone - he knows the guy was going for me.....

    I still joke about it to my dad to this day that maybe I could've been sold to a wealthy family or something.....

    Good thread!



    Reply

    Every day that I get on the freeways here in Southern California.....


    But seriously.....

    Apparently I was almost kidnapped (I have no recollection of it) - back in the late 70's/early 80's when you could just leave your toddler in the car while your parents "ran into the store real quick"

    Like I was saying - apparently my dad came out and saw some dude trying to open the truck door to get me. Guy ran off, and nothing was ever reported. But, my dad says that a few minutes beyond that, I would've been gone - he knows the guy was going for me.....

    I still joke about it to my dad to this day that maybe I could've been sold to a wealthy family or something.....

    Good thread!



     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2018 - 8:12 PM ET #43

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    Every day that I get on the freeways here in Southern California.....


    But seriously.....

    Apparently I was almost kidnapped (I have no recollection of it) - back in the late 70's/early 80's when you could just leave your toddler in the car while your parents "ran into the store real quick"

    Like I was saying - apparently my dad came out and saw some dude trying to open the truck door to get me. Guy ran off, and nothing was ever reported. But, my dad says that a few minutes beyond that, I would've been gone - he knows the guy was going for me.....

    I still joke about it to my dad to this day that maybe I could've been sold to a wealthy family or something.....

    Good thread!





    Just now getting home from a lovely 10-15 MPH ride down the 210 from friendly El Monte. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    Every day that I get on the freeways here in Southern California.....


    But seriously.....

    Apparently I was almost kidnapped (I have no recollection of it) - back in the late 70's/early 80's when you could just leave your toddler in the car while your parents "ran into the store real quick"

    Like I was saying - apparently my dad came out and saw some dude trying to open the truck door to get me. Guy ran off, and nothing was ever reported. But, my dad says that a few minutes beyond that, I would've been gone - he knows the guy was going for me.....

    I still joke about it to my dad to this day that maybe I could've been sold to a wealthy family or something.....

    Good thread!





    Just now getting home from a lovely 10-15 MPH ride down the 210 from friendly El Monte. 
     
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2018 - 8:36 PM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by HotRod11:

    Fell off a tractor when I was around 10. I remember feeling the pressure of the back tire coming down on me before my uncle could get the thing stopped.


    Actually that would be one of the very worst ways to die.  Tractor tire rolls over your body, squishes the guts out of your body like a bug, and you get to slowly bleed to death while looking at your guts on the ground. 

    I think I'd rather get decapitated. 


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRod11:

    Fell off a tractor when I was around 10. I remember feeling the pressure of the back tire coming down on me before my uncle could get the thing stopped.


    Actually that would be one of the very worst ways to die.  Tractor tire rolls over your body, squishes the guts out of your body like a bug, and you get to slowly bleed to death while looking at your guts on the ground. 

    I think I'd rather get decapitated. 


    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,895
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,613
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • MLB Playoffs 16,972
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,304
    • PART DEUX 139
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,363
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,269
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,149
    • Week 6 Money 5,911

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.