• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Happy Birthday America: Rank these movies!

    12 Next Last»
    Slobbasaurus
    searchwarrant
    thecentaur
    Coin Toss
    scalabrine
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1709
    Posts: 28
    12 Next Last»
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 4, 2015 - 8:32 AM ET #1

    Gentlemen, How would you rank these movies?

    Saving Private Ryan
    Die Hard w/ a Vengeance 
    Platoon
    Lone Survivor 
    American Sniper 
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Gentlemen, How would you rank these movies?

    Saving Private Ryan
    Die Hard w/ a Vengeance 
    Platoon
    Lone Survivor 
    American Sniper 
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 4, 2015 - 1:18 PM ET #2

    Saving Private Ryan would top if it weren't for bullets zipping through water and killing soldiers. Very silly.
    Reply
    Saving Private Ryan would top if it weren't for bullets zipping through water and killing soldiers. Very silly.
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Jul. 4, 2015 - 3:01 PM ET #3

    I like in Lone Survivor when Wahlberg asks for a knife and the kid brings him a duck

    I still don't understand why they couldn't have just taken those goat herders to the top of the mountain until they got communications up then let them go
    Reply
    I like in Lone Survivor when Wahlberg asks for a knife and the kid brings him a duck

    I still don't understand why they couldn't have just taken those goat herders to the top of the mountain until they got communications up then let them go
     
    Coin Toss
    Coin Toss
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 485
    Posted: Jul. 5, 2015 - 12:36 AM ET #4

    Platoon (bias on my part, 'Nam vet)

    Saving Private Ryan

    Die Hard w/ A Vengeance

    Didn't see the other two.

     

     

     

     

    Reply

    Platoon (bias on my part, 'Nam vet)

    Saving Private Ryan

    Die Hard w/ A Vengeance

    Didn't see the other two.

     

     

     

     

     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 5, 2015 - 1:19 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin Toss:

    Platoon (bias on my part, 'Nam vet)

    Saving Private Ryan

    Die Hard w/ A Vengeance

    Didn't see the other two.

     

     

     

     


    God Bless Coin.  Nothing but respect for Nam vets and it kills me that our government and people shunned them when you fellas came home.

    Coin, coming from 14A off the Turnpike, you had to have known someone in my family.  Small world indeed.

    I ended up watching The Patriot w/ the lady last night after the fireworks show.  

    American Sniper and Lone Survivor are great movies, you need to check them out.  Captain Phillips is another great one.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Coin Toss:

    Platoon (bias on my part, 'Nam vet)

    Saving Private Ryan

    Die Hard w/ A Vengeance

    Didn't see the other two.

     

     

     

     


    God Bless Coin.  Nothing but respect for Nam vets and it kills me that our government and people shunned them when you fellas came home.

    Coin, coming from 14A off the Turnpike, you had to have known someone in my family.  Small world indeed.

    I ended up watching The Patriot w/ the lady last night after the fireworks show.  

    American Sniper and Lone Survivor are great movies, you need to check them out.  Captain Phillips is another great one.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2015 - 11:24 AM ET #6

    Saving Private Ryan puts the whole list to shame.
    Reply
    Saving Private Ryan puts the whole list to shame.
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2015 - 12:16 PM ET #7

    I love that movie too, Scal.  

    I like Band of Brothers.  A lot of people say that The Pacific was a bad mini- series but I also really liked that one too.
    Reply
    I love that movie too, Scal.  

    I like Band of Brothers.  A lot of people say that The Pacific was a bad mini- series but I also really liked that one too.
     
    lbcake
    lbcake
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 27074
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2015 - 7:40 PM ET #8

    Platoon. Hands down #1

    Sometimes I look at a guy...and I know this fella's not gonna make it 
    Reply
    Platoon. Hands down #1

    Sometimes I look at a guy...and I know this fella's not gonna make it 
     
    1129ken
    1129ken
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2674
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2015 - 7:54 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    God Bless Coin.  Nothing but respect for Nam vets and it kills me that our government and people shunned them when you fellas came home.

    Coin, coming from 14A off the Turnpike, you had to have known someone in my family.  Small world indeed.

    I ended up watching The Patriot w/ the lady last night after the fireworks show.  

    American Sniper and Lone Survivor are great movies, you need to check them out.  Captain Phillips is another great one.



    Exit 13 off the Turnpike.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    God Bless Coin.  Nothing but respect for Nam vets and it kills me that our government and people shunned them when you fellas came home.

    Coin, coming from 14A off the Turnpike, you had to have known someone in my family.  Small world indeed.

    I ended up watching The Patriot w/ the lady last night after the fireworks show.  

    American Sniper and Lone Survivor are great movies, you need to check them out.  Captain Phillips is another great one.



    Exit 13 off the Turnpike.
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2015 - 8:56 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:




    Exit 13 off the Turnpike.

    Elizabeth area.  Cool.  I have family in Essex county.

    I thought it was so funny how South Park ripped on NJ.  Sh!t had me cracking up because a lot of the stereotypes that they make fun of is so true, haha.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wu_AByXTOY


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:




    Exit 13 off the Turnpike.

    Elizabeth area.  Cool.  I have family in Essex county.

    I thought it was so funny how South Park ripped on NJ.  Sh!t had me cracking up because a lot of the stereotypes that they make fun of is so true, haha.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wu_AByXTOY


     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2015 - 9:01 PM ET #11

    I love this area and I wouldn't dream of leaving.  When you go to different parts of the country, everyone is so slow.  Not mentally, but in terms of service.  People take their sweet @ss time and we're used to a fast pace lifestyle.  Anyone that's from the NYC metro area knows what I'm talking about.

    I get impatient when it comes to slow service.


    Reply
    I love this area and I wouldn't dream of leaving.  When you go to different parts of the country, everyone is so slow.  Not mentally, but in terms of service.  People take their sweet @ss time and we're used to a fast pace lifestyle.  Anyone that's from the NYC metro area knows what I'm talking about.

    I get impatient when it comes to slow service.


     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 12:18 AM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    I love that movie too, Scal.  

    I like Band of Brothers.  A lot of people say that The Pacific was a bad mini- series but I also really liked that one too.

    The two scenes I still remember well are the medic dying and the encounter where the American soldier gets a knife plunged through his heart, slowly at that.

     

    Makes me appreciate those who serve, for their service.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    I love that movie too, Scal.  

    I like Band of Brothers.  A lot of people say that The Pacific was a bad mini- series but I also really liked that one too.

    The two scenes I still remember well are the medic dying and the encounter where the American soldier gets a knife plunged through his heart, slowly at that.

     

    Makes me appreciate those who serve, for their service.

     
    Coin Toss
    Coin Toss
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 485
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 1:11 AM ET #13

    Slobbasaurus,

    Apocalypse Now got a little flaky but the role Duval played, the Cavalry officer, there were many like him.

    There was a movie before 'Nam movies got popular with Tom Cruise called Purple Heart or Purple Hearts, some good scenes in that one.

    Also a WW II flick called Beach Red.

    And of course, Kelly's Heroes for entertainment!

     

    Reply

    Slobbasaurus,

    Apocalypse Now got a little flaky but the role Duval played, the Cavalry officer, there were many like him.

    There was a movie before 'Nam movies got popular with Tom Cruise called Purple Heart or Purple Hearts, some good scenes in that one.

    Also a WW II flick called Beach Red.

    And of course, Kelly's Heroes for entertainment!

     

     
    TheDrizzle77
    TheDrizzle77
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 2685
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 1:19 AM ET #14

    Platoon!!!!

    "Death, what do you know about death?"

    And not comparable to the others, but still a big props to Die Hard w/ a Vengence on dialogue alone.  Irons steals the show; and the relationship/banter between Sam J and Bruce is stellar.  
    Reply
    Platoon!!!!

    "Death, what do you know about death?"

    And not comparable to the others, but still a big props to Die Hard w/ a Vengence on dialogue alone.  Irons steals the show; and the relationship/banter between Sam J and Bruce is stellar.  
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 6:01 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Gentlemen, How would you rank these movies?

    Saving Private Ryan            
    Die Hard w/ a Vengeance    
    Platoon                                                    
    Lone Survivor                     
    American Sniper                
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Gentlemen, How would you rank these movies?

    Saving Private Ryan            
    Die Hard w/ a Vengeance    
    Platoon                                                    
    Lone Survivor                     
    American Sniper                
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 8:35 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin Toss:

    Slobbasaurus,

    Apocalypse Now got a little flaky but the role Duval played, the Cavalry officer, there were many like him.

    There was a movie before 'Nam movies got popular with Tom Cruise called Purple Heart or Purple Hearts, some good scenes in that one.

    Also a WW II flick called Beach Red.

    And of course, Kelly's Heroes for entertainment!

     


    Thanks for your input Coin.  I'll check those out.  Problem is that the lady doesn't like war movies.  Everytime she makes me watch a chick flick w/ her, I have a good reason to watch movies like these.

    I'll tell you, there's nothing more humiliating than going to the movie theatre clerk and saying, "Two tickets to the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants please."   Hahahaha

    Oh boy, what we do for sex is funny.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Coin Toss:

    Slobbasaurus,

    Apocalypse Now got a little flaky but the role Duval played, the Cavalry officer, there were many like him.

    There was a movie before 'Nam movies got popular with Tom Cruise called Purple Heart or Purple Hearts, some good scenes in that one.

    Also a WW II flick called Beach Red.

    And of course, Kelly's Heroes for entertainment!

     


    Thanks for your input Coin.  I'll check those out.  Problem is that the lady doesn't like war movies.  Everytime she makes me watch a chick flick w/ her, I have a good reason to watch movies like these.

    I'll tell you, there's nothing more humiliating than going to the movie theatre clerk and saying, "Two tickets to the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants please."   Hahahaha

    Oh boy, what we do for sex is funny.
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 9:22 AM ET #17


    American Sniper doesn't belong in that list.  Chris Kyle was a war criminal, and no hero at all.  The movie also was not an accurate tale.  It was more fiction than anything else, and it's supposed to be a true story.  It's not.

    Instead, insert Black Hawk Down.  I thought it was killer, and soldiers have said that it is uncannily accurate in terms of what actually happened.

    Saving Private Ryan A+
    Die Hard w/ a Vengeance C
    Platoon A+
    Lone Survivor don't know
    American Sniper F

    Reply

    American Sniper doesn't belong in that list.  Chris Kyle was a war criminal, and no hero at all.  The movie also was not an accurate tale.  It was more fiction than anything else, and it's supposed to be a true story.  It's not.

    Instead, insert Black Hawk Down.  I thought it was killer, and soldiers have said that it is uncannily accurate in terms of what actually happened.

    Saving Private Ryan A+
    Die Hard w/ a Vengeance C
    Platoon A+
    Lone Survivor don't know
    American Sniper F

     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 9:40 AM ET #18

    Damn,  Steel, I need to read up on that.  Appreciate your input.

    I bought Black Hawk Down but I have yet to watch it.  It's still in its casing.  Maybe I'll watch it this weekend.
    Reply
    Damn,  Steel, I need to read up on that.  Appreciate your input.

    I bought Black Hawk Down but I have yet to watch it.  It's still in its casing.  Maybe I'll watch it this weekend.
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 8:08 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Saving Private Ryan would top if it weren't for bullets zipping through water and killing soldiers. Very silly.

    I don't think it was to show bullets zipping through the water killing soldiers. If you look, some of the soldiers were already dead when they hit the water. I think Spielberg showed the bullets going into the water to show that there were so many bullets above the water, that the Germans shot below the water line of the LSTs (which, the soldiers riding in them, said the initials stood for Large Slow Targets). The soldiers sinking to the bottom after going over the side with full gear/packs is also, sadly, believable...........
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Saving Private Ryan would top if it weren't for bullets zipping through water and killing soldiers. Very silly.

    I don't think it was to show bullets zipping through the water killing soldiers. If you look, some of the soldiers were already dead when they hit the water. I think Spielberg showed the bullets going into the water to show that there were so many bullets above the water, that the Germans shot below the water line of the LSTs (which, the soldiers riding in them, said the initials stood for Large Slow Targets). The soldiers sinking to the bottom after going over the side with full gear/packs is also, sadly, believable...........
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 8:40 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:


    I don't think it was to show bullets zipping through the water killing soldiers. If you look, some of the soldiers were already dead when they hit the water. I think Spielberg showed the bullets going into the water to show that there were so many bullets above the water, that the Germans shot below the water line of the LSTs (which, the soldiers riding in them, said the initials stood for Large Slow Targets). The soldiers sinking to the bottom after going over the side with full gear/packs is also, sadly, believable...........

    lol. true. Sadly a bullet out of the most powerful rifle on the planet won't kill or penetrate a jelly jar beyond 3 feet of water at point blank. Steve held his breath on that scene.

    I thought Thin Red Line was the real deal.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:


    I don't think it was to show bullets zipping through the water killing soldiers. If you look, some of the soldiers were already dead when they hit the water. I think Spielberg showed the bullets going into the water to show that there were so many bullets above the water, that the Germans shot below the water line of the LSTs (which, the soldiers riding in them, said the initials stood for Large Slow Targets). The soldiers sinking to the bottom after going over the side with full gear/packs is also, sadly, believable...........

    lol. true. Sadly a bullet out of the most powerful rifle on the planet won't kill or penetrate a jelly jar beyond 3 feet of water at point blank. Steve held his breath on that scene.

    I thought Thin Red Line was the real deal.

     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 8:48 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Gentlemen, How would you rank these movies?
     

    Full Metal Jacket 
    Saving Private Ryan
    Platoon
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    Lone Survivor 
    American Sniper 
    Die Hard w/ a Vengeance
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Gentlemen, How would you rank these movies?
     

    Full Metal Jacket 
    Saving Private Ryan
    Platoon
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    Lone Survivor 
    American Sniper 
    Die Hard w/ a Vengeance
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2015 - 7:44 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:


    American Sniper doesn't belong in that list.  Chris Kyle was a war criminal, and no hero at all.  The movie also was not an accurate tale.  It was more fiction than anything else, and it's supposed to be a true story.  It's not.

    Instead, insert Black Hawk Down.  I thought it was killer, and soldiers have said that it is uncannily accurate in terms of what actually happened.

    Saving Private Ryan A+
    Die Hard w/ a Vengeance C
    Platoon A+
    Lone Survivor don't know
    American Sniper F

    I could not agree with your commentary at all, it's definately opionionated, and totally unjustified, tell it to Clint Eastwood who did unsurmountable research on the story, which is not only true/accurate, but documented; either your a moron, or totally mis-informed by the supermarket tabloids you read (National Enquire) do you actually believe anyone agrees with your attention grabbing statement? "Chris Kyle was a war crimminal, and not a hero". 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:


    American Sniper doesn't belong in that list.  Chris Kyle was a war criminal, and no hero at all.  The movie also was not an accurate tale.  It was more fiction than anything else, and it's supposed to be a true story.  It's not.

    Instead, insert Black Hawk Down.  I thought it was killer, and soldiers have said that it is uncannily accurate in terms of what actually happened.

    Saving Private Ryan A+
    Die Hard w/ a Vengeance C
    Platoon A+
    Lone Survivor don't know
    American Sniper F

    I could not agree with your commentary at all, it's definately opionionated, and totally unjustified, tell it to Clint Eastwood who did unsurmountable research on the story, which is not only true/accurate, but documented; either your a moron, or totally mis-informed by the supermarket tabloids you read (National Enquire) do you actually believe anyone agrees with your attention grabbing statement? "Chris Kyle was a war crimminal, and not a hero". 
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2015 - 8:51 AM ET #23

    I forgot about Full Metal Jacket.  That's another good one.


    I have yet to see Thin Red Line.  I appreciate the input fellas.  It will give me something to watch on a rainy weekend.
    Reply
    I forgot about Full Metal Jacket.  That's another good one.


    I have yet to see Thin Red Line.  I appreciate the input fellas.  It will give me something to watch on a rainy weekend.
     
    isport
    isport
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 1138
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2015 - 8:43 PM ET #24

    A non american view here

    Platoon and American sniper are excellent.

    Saving private ryan never really kept me interested in it.

    Die hard is pretty good but not as good as platton and sniper, but better than private ryan.

    Have not seen lone survivor.


    Reply
    A non american view here

    Platoon and American sniper are excellent.

    Saving private ryan never really kept me interested in it.

    Die hard is pretty good but not as good as platton and sniper, but better than private ryan.

    Have not seen lone survivor.


     
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2015 - 11:06 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Damn,  Steel, I need to read up on that.  Appreciate your input.

    I bought Black Hawk Down but I have yet to watch it.  It's still in its casing.  Maybe I'll watch it this weekend.

    You'll have to let me know what you think.  I thought it was very intense, and overall a great flick.  

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Damn,  Steel, I need to read up on that.  Appreciate your input.

    I bought Black Hawk Down but I have yet to watch it.  It's still in its casing.  Maybe I'll watch it this weekend.

    You'll have to let me know what you think.  I thought it was very intense, and overall a great flick.  

    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,908
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 437
    • PART DEUX 166
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 851
    • Week 6 Money 8,698
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,327
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,266

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.