• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Handgun thoughts......

    «First Previous 12
    StumpTownStu
    THEMUGG
    Crazy_Train
    bookieassassin
    searchwarrant
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3533
    Posts: 50
    «First Previous 12
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 8, 2017 - 12:25 PM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Doesn't take much to expose their violent tempers does it?  . 
    Sooo, you deliver firearms to your "homies" that are banned in their respective state? Fantastic, you're a real asset to law abiding gun owners. What you're doing is a called a straw purchase and it's a big time felony. Your "homies" are also felons for having possession of illegal, unregistered firearms. 
    Criminal scumbag hood rats like you contribute to the gun violence in America, Thank you for being a true asset. .




    Who said firearms. I said I bought some butterfly knives for a bunch of buddies as Christmas gifts. I'm a good friend, and I make good money, but i'm not giving guns to multiple friends as xmas gifts. Obviously reading isn't your strong suit. Low literacy rates tend to be common amongst racist bigots.
    p.s. It's too late now to take back now, it's already out there, but if you are married I am sorry for the things I said as it relates to your wife.
    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Doesn't take much to expose their violent tempers does it?  . 
    Sooo, you deliver firearms to your "homies" that are banned in their respective state? Fantastic, you're a real asset to law abiding gun owners. What you're doing is a called a straw purchase and it's a big time felony. Your "homies" are also felons for having possession of illegal, unregistered firearms. 
    Criminal scumbag hood rats like you contribute to the gun violence in America, Thank you for being a true asset. .




    Who said firearms. I said I bought some butterfly knives for a bunch of buddies as Christmas gifts. I'm a good friend, and I make good money, but i'm not giving guns to multiple friends as xmas gifts. Obviously reading isn't your strong suit. Low literacy rates tend to be common amongst racist bigots.
    p.s. It's too late now to take back now, it's already out there, but if you are married I am sorry for the things I said as it relates to your wife.
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Aug. 8, 2017 - 12:32 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

    Glock 9mm...the all around choice for home protection, accurate, efficient, lightweight...does the job

    above 9mm, you're losing accuracy, regardless of range 

    I used to work with a couple guys that have a lot of gun experience. When I asked them for recommendations they all said the same thing.......it's feel. Get what feels good & has a good track record. One guy (ex-mil) said the Glocks are fine units, but that everyone he knows that used to have one has moved on from them.........not to bigger cal but to a different make of gun.......couldn't say why.
     I'm still a relative newbie to this. I've only shot about 6-8 times in the last couple years. My main goal is to become familiar & comfortable with handling a firearm, & have the necessary means to protect myself. I don't see this turning into a hobby (of course I never thought that about golf 25 years ago either). Simpler is going to be better for me at this point.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

    Glock 9mm...the all around choice for home protection, accurate, efficient, lightweight...does the job

    above 9mm, you're losing accuracy, regardless of range 

    I used to work with a couple guys that have a lot of gun experience. When I asked them for recommendations they all said the same thing.......it's feel. Get what feels good & has a good track record. One guy (ex-mil) said the Glocks are fine units, but that everyone he knows that used to have one has moved on from them.........not to bigger cal but to a different make of gun.......couldn't say why.
     I'm still a relative newbie to this. I've only shot about 6-8 times in the last couple years. My main goal is to become familiar & comfortable with handling a firearm, & have the necessary means to protect myself. I don't see this turning into a hobby (of course I never thought that about golf 25 years ago either). Simpler is going to be better for me at this point.
     
    Crazy_Train
    Crazy_Train
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 9971
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2017 - 2:12 PM ET #28

    Taurus Judge .410, also shoots a .45

    Some crazy .410 rounds available for it too. 

      I keep it in the night stand, point and shoot, doesn't get much easier. I also keep a pump action .12 gauge with 00 buck in it close by - pistol grip with an 18" barrel - another small effective simple weapon good for indoor use. I (legally) carry a .380 everyday, which isn't much but will do the job. I have other guns too, but no need to talk about them here. My home security system of choice is a pair of American Blue Pitbulls. They respond much quicker and more effectively than the police or ADT.

    MUGG - cleaning your guns or a gun outside is a good idea to let them know your armed, but be careful not to brandish your weapon as it could lead to more trouble than you want. Also, don't let anyone see too much as you might become a burglary target if they know you have a lot of guns. My advice is to move out to the country - away from the problem. You can't fix the problem, you can't kill the problem, you can't scare it away - let's face it - they won, we lost. Just move far away where the buses don't run. GL with whatever you chose


    Be the Hammer Not the Nail
    Reply
    Taurus Judge .410, also shoots a .45

    Some crazy .410 rounds available for it too. 

      I keep it in the night stand, point and shoot, doesn't get much easier. I also keep a pump action .12 gauge with 00 buck in it close by - pistol grip with an 18" barrel - another small effective simple weapon good for indoor use. I (legally) carry a .380 everyday, which isn't much but will do the job. I have other guns too, but no need to talk about them here. My home security system of choice is a pair of American Blue Pitbulls. They respond much quicker and more effectively than the police or ADT.

    MUGG - cleaning your guns or a gun outside is a good idea to let them know your armed, but be careful not to brandish your weapon as it could lead to more trouble than you want. Also, don't let anyone see too much as you might become a burglary target if they know you have a lot of guns. My advice is to move out to the country - away from the problem. You can't fix the problem, you can't kill the problem, you can't scare it away - let's face it - they won, we lost. Just move far away where the buses don't run. GL with whatever you chose


     
    Crazy_Train
    Crazy_Train
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 9971
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2017 - 2:15 PM ET #29

    Glocks are nice, but the model 23 - .40 cal gets heavy and like sportsnetwork says, they lose accuracy. My ex-wife has my Glock 23, I miss the gun.

    I also miss my ex, but my aim is improving 

    Be the Hammer Not the Nail
    Reply
    Glocks are nice, but the model 23 - .40 cal gets heavy and like sportsnetwork says, they lose accuracy. My ex-wife has my Glock 23, I miss the gun.

    I also miss my ex, but my aim is improving 

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2017 - 2:57 PM ET #30

    Crazy_Train brings up a good point. I once thought about putting in the whole NRA yard sign or something to let people know what time it is but then I thought, "Sh!t, that'll just make people want to break in when i'm not here. My house is pretty secure. My guns, exceot those I keep at the ready, are pretty secure. Still, I don't want to invite burglary attempts.
    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply
    Crazy_Train brings up a good point. I once thought about putting in the whole NRA yard sign or something to let people know what time it is but then I thought, "Sh!t, that'll just make people want to break in when i'm not here. My house is pretty secure. My guns, exceot those I keep at the ready, are pretty secure. Still, I don't want to invite burglary attempts.
     
    Crazy_Train
    Crazy_Train
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 9971
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2017 - 3:17 PM ET #31

    Stu & MUGG - A home security sign, even if you don't have a home alarm system, is a huge deterrent to a burglar. Same as a "beware of dog" sign. Also a big deterrent even if you don't have a dog. If you have home security concerns I would recommend hanging both signs as well as installing motion sensor lighting around the areas you are concerned with. You could go as far as putting boards with nails sticking up on the ground under all your windows, but now were getting a little extreme - depends on the neighborhood and the individual situation I guess. If you have to lock your valuable guns up, you must be concerned with break ins.

    Think about it, what target would a burglar look for - an easy one, not one with dogs and alarms and lights. Those are just the basics to me. FYI - I'm not a burglar, I'm just using common sense and a little of what I learned in a security class I took in college. I have a worthless CJ degree, that's why I run a warehouse now.
    Be the Hammer Not the Nail
    Reply
    Stu & MUGG - A home security sign, even if you don't have a home alarm system, is a huge deterrent to a burglar. Same as a "beware of dog" sign. Also a big deterrent even if you don't have a dog. If you have home security concerns I would recommend hanging both signs as well as installing motion sensor lighting around the areas you are concerned with. You could go as far as putting boards with nails sticking up on the ground under all your windows, but now were getting a little extreme - depends on the neighborhood and the individual situation I guess. If you have to lock your valuable guns up, you must be concerned with break ins.

    Think about it, what target would a burglar look for - an easy one, not one with dogs and alarms and lights. Those are just the basics to me. FYI - I'm not a burglar, I'm just using common sense and a little of what I learned in a security class I took in college. I have a worthless CJ degree, that's why I run a warehouse now.
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 16, 2017 - 10:17 AM ET #32

    I have a home security system. And cameras I can access via the internet. And my house is in the country so there's not crazy bit of crime but coming from where I come from, i'm distrustful.
    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply
    I have a home security system. And cameras I can access via the internet. And my house is in the country so there's not crazy bit of crime but coming from where I come from, i'm distrustful.
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Aug. 16, 2017 - 1:08 PM ET #33

     Good points. Advertising that you have a slew of weapons stored inside your home might not be the smartest idea. My neighborhood is "middle" middle class, & hasn't had any real issues with crime or tagging incidents. But things are changing. Criminals are becoming more brazen......they'll break in whether they believe you're home or not....... & I don't want to be one of the victims that wish he would've been prepared AFTER an incident. I've installed security lights........the signs would be a nice touch. 
     I'm not planning on moving. You can't run & hide. I'm not consumed by paranoia........just want to be prepared. 
    Reply
     Good points. Advertising that you have a slew of weapons stored inside your home might not be the smartest idea. My neighborhood is "middle" middle class, & hasn't had any real issues with crime or tagging incidents. But things are changing. Criminals are becoming more brazen......they'll break in whether they believe you're home or not....... & I don't want to be one of the victims that wish he would've been prepared AFTER an incident. I've installed security lights........the signs would be a nice touch. 
     I'm not planning on moving. You can't run & hide. I'm not consumed by paranoia........just want to be prepared. 
     
    Crazy_Train
    Crazy_Train
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 9971
    Posted: Aug. 16, 2017 - 3:14 PM ET #34

    stu - I'm like you - I trust no one and I live in the country where there is supposed to be hardly any crime. The only worries we have out there is a random kid looking for something to steal and sell if he's on meth or heroin or something. I would hate to kill a kid on drugs just for being a dumb kid. That said - less than 2 miles from my house, 2 kids - early 20s -  broke into a home and held a 60 something yr old lady against her will for awhile a couple years ago - I would have liked to shoot them. Also, some crazy MFer with an AR was shooting at cops when they responded to a domestic call a few miles away from the house too. He gave up eventually, come to find out I was at a little loop football benefit and met the guy according to my cousin before it all happened. He was just a regular guy at that time, father of a little loop football player, went to work, paid his bills. Now he's a felon. Lesson learned - don't shoot at cops, you'll almost always lose.

    MUGG -  don't move if that's your neighborhood and you want to stay there, protect it and your family - I understand being prepared. I have over 500 gallons of water stored in my basement for who knows what. I'm not a doomsday prepper, I just have a lot of water, fuel and ammo at the ready. In some neighborhoods you just can't win, that's just the way it is and is getting worse in some areas. That's why I suggested moving far away from the general population. You know how it goes when there are a lot of people in one area, they get on peoples nerves for what ever reasons.  I just really don't like dumb people, A holes and neighbors who make noise, which is nearly every one on Earth - either dumb, noisy or an A hole, sometimes all 3. It's best for society and myself that I remove myself from the everyday BS. I read a little of GGs thread, I would end up in the pokie like him if I were to "make friends" as my wife calls it. I actually look a lot like him but about 20 yrs younger, although I still have the grey beard, bandanna and bad attitude like he does - it's tough to control at times, so I just stay away from people.

    I feel like going and shooting something now 
    Be the Hammer Not the Nail
    Reply
    stu - I'm like you - I trust no one and I live in the country where there is supposed to be hardly any crime. The only worries we have out there is a random kid looking for something to steal and sell if he's on meth or heroin or something. I would hate to kill a kid on drugs just for being a dumb kid. That said - less than 2 miles from my house, 2 kids - early 20s -  broke into a home and held a 60 something yr old lady against her will for awhile a couple years ago - I would have liked to shoot them. Also, some crazy MFer with an AR was shooting at cops when they responded to a domestic call a few miles away from the house too. He gave up eventually, come to find out I was at a little loop football benefit and met the guy according to my cousin before it all happened. He was just a regular guy at that time, father of a little loop football player, went to work, paid his bills. Now he's a felon. Lesson learned - don't shoot at cops, you'll almost always lose.

    MUGG -  don't move if that's your neighborhood and you want to stay there, protect it and your family - I understand being prepared. I have over 500 gallons of water stored in my basement for who knows what. I'm not a doomsday prepper, I just have a lot of water, fuel and ammo at the ready. In some neighborhoods you just can't win, that's just the way it is and is getting worse in some areas. That's why I suggested moving far away from the general population. You know how it goes when there are a lot of people in one area, they get on peoples nerves for what ever reasons.  I just really don't like dumb people, A holes and neighbors who make noise, which is nearly every one on Earth - either dumb, noisy or an A hole, sometimes all 3. It's best for society and myself that I remove myself from the everyday BS. I read a little of GGs thread, I would end up in the pokie like him if I were to "make friends" as my wife calls it. I actually look a lot like him but about 20 yrs younger, although I still have the grey beard, bandanna and bad attitude like he does - it's tough to control at times, so I just stay away from people.

    I feel like going and shooting something now 
     
    bookieassassin
    bookieassassin
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 10318
    Posted: Aug. 16, 2017 - 11:48 PM ET #35

    (some) of you boys......should simply move to TEXAS........


    Where.....you can shoot somebody messin' with your ride....IN THE STREET 

    https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/arlington/article132276219.html


    OR.....some dude messin' with your NEIGHBOR'S house..... 

    https://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5278638


    OR............
      * a hooker who doesn't provide the services....you expect

    note:  you must shoot her AFTER DARK tho

    https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Jury-acquits-escort-shooter-4581027.php


    Pizza boy short change you?.....blow his sorry azz away.....
    It is better to be feared - than to be loved.
    Reply
    (some) of you boys......should simply move to TEXAS........


    Where.....you can shoot somebody messin' with your ride....IN THE STREET 

    https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/arlington/article132276219.html


    OR.....some dude messin' with your NEIGHBOR'S house..... 

    https://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5278638


    OR............
      * a hooker who doesn't provide the services....you expect

    note:  you must shoot her AFTER DARK tho

    https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Jury-acquits-escort-shooter-4581027.php


    Pizza boy short change you?.....blow his sorry azz away.....
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2017 - 12:25 AM ET #36

      I honestly hope that I never have to point a weapon at another human being & pull the trigger.........but I also don't want to be standing at gun point with no options.
    Reply
      I honestly hope that I never have to point a weapon at another human being & pull the trigger.........but I also don't want to be standing at gun point with no options.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2017 - 2:05 AM ET #37

    I've stood at gun point to the head.. even if you have a gun, you have zero options other than to cooperate and hope he doesn't blow you away. It's a feeling I hope none of you guys ever experience. 
    Yes, you go into shock as well. 
    Reply
    I've stood at gun point to the head.. even if you have a gun, you have zero options other than to cooperate and hope he doesn't blow you away. It's a feeling I hope none of you guys ever experience. 
    Yes, you go into shock as well. 
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2017 - 2:45 AM ET #38

    I've had a gun to the head twice, search, but the worse of the two was when I got of work late, had been working long hours, pulled over to take my boots off and put on my driving shoes and just conked out. Woke up to a kid bashing in the driver's side window with the gun. They weren't killers because if they were i'd be dead. I kept pushing the gun out of my face. I just kept saying, "Whateva, dude. Just don't shoot me and I won't even call the police. You win." Then the one with the gun has me lay on the ground. I hear his buddy say something to him and in my peripheral I see him look back towards the car and I just got up and ran. I was funning like sh!t too because I had untied my boots but hadn't taken them off. So i'm running in untied work boots. They never fired a shot. Didn't get the car. Didn't get too much of anything of value. Basic model digital camera and a bag with some clothes. There was a gun on the side of my seat. If I would've tried to reach for it I would be dead.
    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply
    I've had a gun to the head twice, search, but the worse of the two was when I got of work late, had been working long hours, pulled over to take my boots off and put on my driving shoes and just conked out. Woke up to a kid bashing in the driver's side window with the gun. They weren't killers because if they were i'd be dead. I kept pushing the gun out of my face. I just kept saying, "Whateva, dude. Just don't shoot me and I won't even call the police. You win." Then the one with the gun has me lay on the ground. I hear his buddy say something to him and in my peripheral I see him look back towards the car and I just got up and ran. I was funning like sh!t too because I had untied my boots but hadn't taken them off. So i'm running in untied work boots. They never fired a shot. Didn't get the car. Didn't get too much of anything of value. Basic model digital camera and a bag with some clothes. There was a gun on the side of my seat. If I would've tried to reach for it I would be dead.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2017 - 8:53 AM ET #39

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    I've had a gun to the head twice, search, but the worse of the two was when I got of work late, had been working long hours, pulled over to take my boots off and put on my driving shoes and just conked out. Woke up to a kid bashing in the driver's side window with the gun. They weren't killers because if they were i'd be dead. I kept pushing the gun out of my face. I just kept saying, "Whateva, dude. Just don't shoot me and I won't even call the police. You win." Then the one with the gun has me lay on the ground. I hear his buddy say something to him and in my peripheral I see him look back towards the car and I just got up and ran. I was funning like sh!t too because I had untied my boots but hadn't taken them off. So i'm running in untied work boots. They never fired a shot. Didn't get the car. Didn't get too much of anything of value. Basic model digital camera and a bag with some clothes. There was a gun on the side of my seat. If I would've tried to reach for it I would be dead.

    That's brutal. I'm sure you've grown eyes in the back and sides of your head like I have as a result. It's a sense we have now after being held up. The new added sense of being able to spot anybody that might be carrying.or looks like they're about to draw.

    There's definitely something to be said about carrying a 1911 or similar smoke wagon because if we decide to counter then that one shot is powerful enough to spin 'em around. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    I've had a gun to the head twice, search, but the worse of the two was when I got of work late, had been working long hours, pulled over to take my boots off and put on my driving shoes and just conked out. Woke up to a kid bashing in the driver's side window with the gun. They weren't killers because if they were i'd be dead. I kept pushing the gun out of my face. I just kept saying, "Whateva, dude. Just don't shoot me and I won't even call the police. You win." Then the one with the gun has me lay on the ground. I hear his buddy say something to him and in my peripheral I see him look back towards the car and I just got up and ran. I was funning like sh!t too because I had untied my boots but hadn't taken them off. So i'm running in untied work boots. They never fired a shot. Didn't get the car. Didn't get too much of anything of value. Basic model digital camera and a bag with some clothes. There was a gun on the side of my seat. If I would've tried to reach for it I would be dead.

    That's brutal. I'm sure you've grown eyes in the back and sides of your head like I have as a result. It's a sense we have now after being held up. The new added sense of being able to spot anybody that might be carrying.or looks like they're about to draw.

    There's definitely something to be said about carrying a 1911 or similar smoke wagon because if we decide to counter then that one shot is powerful enough to spin 'em around. 


     
    Crazy_Train
    Crazy_Train
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 9971
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2017 - 9:43 AM ET #40

    as·sas·sin
    ?'sasn/
    noun
    noun: assassin; plural noun: assassins
    1. a murderer of an important person in a surprise attack for political or religious reasons.
      synonyms:murderer, killer, gunman; More
      executioner;
      informalhitman, hired gun;
      datedhomicide
      "the presumed assassin, Oswald, was gunned down"
      • historical
        a member of the Nizari branch of Ismaili Muslims at the time of the Crusades, when the newly established sect ruled part of northern Persia (1094–1256). They were renowned as militant fanatics, and were popularly reputed to use hashish before going on murder missions.
        noun: Assassin; plural noun: Assassins
    Be the Hammer Not the Nail
    Reply
    as·sas·sin
    ?'sasn/
    noun
    noun: assassin; plural noun: assassins
    1. a murderer of an important person in a surprise attack for political or religious reasons.
      synonyms:murderer, killer, gunman; More
      executioner;
      informalhitman, hired gun;
      datedhomicide
      "the presumed assassin, Oswald, was gunned down"
      • historical
        a member of the Nizari branch of Ismaili Muslims at the time of the Crusades, when the newly established sect ruled part of northern Persia (1094–1256). They were renowned as militant fanatics, and were popularly reputed to use hashish before going on murder missions.
        noun: Assassin; plural noun: Assassins
     
    Crazy_Train
    Crazy_Train
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 9971
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2017 - 9:49 AM ET #41

    stick to CFB assassin - no disrespect - I have checked your CFB threads for years, your a good CFB capper 

    The thread is about being prepared. The criminal is usually armed, your at a disadvantage if you are not. 

    In TX or anywhere else, if the "bad guys" know they have nothing to fear, then what is stopping them? Their guilty conscience? The police? I know a gun will deter people from doing stupid things, especially if you fire a round or 2 at them. 


    Be the Hammer Not the Nail
    Reply
    stick to CFB assassin - no disrespect - I have checked your CFB threads for years, your a good CFB capper 

    The thread is about being prepared. The criminal is usually armed, your at a disadvantage if you are not. 

    In TX or anywhere else, if the "bad guys" know they have nothing to fear, then what is stopping them? Their guilty conscience? The police? I know a gun will deter people from doing stupid things, especially if you fire a round or 2 at them. 


     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2017 - 10:29 AM ET #42

    I've always eyes in the back of my head so that didn't change. What it did do is for a while I couldn't doze off in my car. I'd wake up startled, heart pumping. Silver lining. At the time the lady and I were on the outs. After that happened, we started working on it. And it didn't solve all of our issues but it forced us to confront them and work through them. It may of saved our relationship. I hax prior to that, in my teens and early twenties, had a gun in my face before. I'd been shot at, been in in a gun fight, and I wasn't even a bad kid by my neighborhood's standard. Never thought much of it. Never fazed me. That morning when I saw her face, I broke down. We both did. It was the firsf time I felt truly like a man in the sense that I felt like I had something to lose. I lived a fast life as a youth and really didn't care what happened to me but I realized how much I had matured because I didn't want to die in the street. And I realized I was blessed because a lot of kids out there would've shot me in the head the first time I pushed the gun away. I can't even imagine. Parents in another state. Getting a call. Your youngest son is dead in the street. Middle of the night. Wasn't even involved in anything illegal. Had just started a good job. Was he really legit? I know be did some things in the past but I don't know to what extent. It would've left too many questions.
    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply
    I've always eyes in the back of my head so that didn't change. What it did do is for a while I couldn't doze off in my car. I'd wake up startled, heart pumping. Silver lining. At the time the lady and I were on the outs. After that happened, we started working on it. And it didn't solve all of our issues but it forced us to confront them and work through them. It may of saved our relationship. I hax prior to that, in my teens and early twenties, had a gun in my face before. I'd been shot at, been in in a gun fight, and I wasn't even a bad kid by my neighborhood's standard. Never thought much of it. Never fazed me. That morning when I saw her face, I broke down. We both did. It was the firsf time I felt truly like a man in the sense that I felt like I had something to lose. I lived a fast life as a youth and really didn't care what happened to me but I realized how much I had matured because I didn't want to die in the street. And I realized I was blessed because a lot of kids out there would've shot me in the head the first time I pushed the gun away. I can't even imagine. Parents in another state. Getting a call. Your youngest son is dead in the street. Middle of the night. Wasn't even involved in anything illegal. Had just started a good job. Was he really legit? I know be did some things in the past but I don't know to what extent. It would've left too many questions.
     
    bookieassassin
    bookieassassin
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 10318
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2017 - 1:19 PM ET #43

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Train:

    stick to CFB assassin - no disrespect - I have checked your CFB threads for years, your a good CFB capper 

    The thread is about being prepared. The criminal is usually armed, your at a disadvantage if you are not. 

    In TX or anywhere else, if the "bad guys" know they have nothing to fear, then what is stopping them? Their guilty conscience? The police? I know a gun will deter people from doing stupid things, especially if you fire a round or 2 at them. 





    SO.....you  AGREE with the 3 above?.....none of whom were PHYSICALLY threatened in ANY way......I thought it to be kinda ridiculous myself.........but befitting the frontier / gangster attitude.... of a few here....... ..
         * shoe fits?.....are you redneck / racist as well (as it appears one guy might be).......wear it with pride SON............
    It is better to be feared - than to be loved.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Train:

    stick to CFB assassin - no disrespect - I have checked your CFB threads for years, your a good CFB capper 

    The thread is about being prepared. The criminal is usually armed, your at a disadvantage if you are not. 

    In TX or anywhere else, if the "bad guys" know they have nothing to fear, then what is stopping them? Their guilty conscience? The police? I know a gun will deter people from doing stupid things, especially if you fire a round or 2 at them. 





    SO.....you  AGREE with the 3 above?.....none of whom were PHYSICALLY threatened in ANY way......I thought it to be kinda ridiculous myself.........but befitting the frontier / gangster attitude.... of a few here....... ..
         * shoe fits?.....are you redneck / racist as well (as it appears one guy might be).......wear it with pride SON............
     
    Crazy_Train
    Crazy_Train
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 9971
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2017 - 1:48 PM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by bookieassassin:




    SO.....you  AGREE with the 3 above?.....none of whom were PHYSICALLY threatened in ANY way......I thought it to be kinda ridiculous myself.........but befitting the frontier / gangster attitude.... of a few here....... ..
         * shoe fits?.....are you redneck / racist as well (as it appears one guy might be).......wear it with pride SON............



    I didn't bother to read the third one about the hooker - rules don't apply to people involved in criminal activity - ex of the "bad guys".

    First one, no need to shoot. Second one, no NEED to shoot, but again to my point of if "bad guys" aren't scared of a deterrent other than the BS system we have, like a gun or a dog, then citizens need to be able to protect themselves and their property. If some one were breaking into my detached garage, I wouldn't shoot directly at them, maybe a warning shot and take it from there. If it were my house, I guarantee I'll kill them as soon as I see them breaking in and clean up the mess later - I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT!

    Am I redneck or racist? - good question - I believe I am aware of what I see around me and am a good judge of character. Skin color doesn't matter. I know many more POS whites than any other color, but that's because I'm a white biker who doesn't engage with society regularly for obvious reasons - most people are fkn dumb. Redneck - ? I guess the shoe fits, but I'm not a racist. My mother through adoption, grandmother and aunt lived in their barn while Nazis occupied their house for 3 years in Poland 1940s. They were slaves for them, so I'm no Nazi, I guarantee that. I am proud of who I am, I know that too.

    red·neck
    'red?nek/
    noun
    North Americaninformalderogatory
    noun: redneck; plural noun: rednecks
    1. a working-class white person, especially a politically reactionary one from a rural area
    Be the Hammer Not the Nail
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bookieassassin:




    SO.....you  AGREE with the 3 above?.....none of whom were PHYSICALLY threatened in ANY way......I thought it to be kinda ridiculous myself.........but befitting the frontier / gangster attitude.... of a few here....... ..
         * shoe fits?.....are you redneck / racist as well (as it appears one guy might be).......wear it with pride SON............



    I didn't bother to read the third one about the hooker - rules don't apply to people involved in criminal activity - ex of the "bad guys".

    First one, no need to shoot. Second one, no NEED to shoot, but again to my point of if "bad guys" aren't scared of a deterrent other than the BS system we have, like a gun or a dog, then citizens need to be able to protect themselves and their property. If some one were breaking into my detached garage, I wouldn't shoot directly at them, maybe a warning shot and take it from there. If it were my house, I guarantee I'll kill them as soon as I see them breaking in and clean up the mess later - I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT!

    Am I redneck or racist? - good question - I believe I am aware of what I see around me and am a good judge of character. Skin color doesn't matter. I know many more POS whites than any other color, but that's because I'm a white biker who doesn't engage with society regularly for obvious reasons - most people are fkn dumb. Redneck - ? I guess the shoe fits, but I'm not a racist. My mother through adoption, grandmother and aunt lived in their barn while Nazis occupied their house for 3 years in Poland 1940s. They were slaves for them, so I'm no Nazi, I guarantee that. I am proud of who I am, I know that too.

    red·neck
    'red?nek/
    noun
    North Americaninformalderogatory
    noun: redneck; plural noun: rednecks
    1. a working-class white person, especially a politically reactionary one from a rural area
     
    Crazy_Train
    Crazy_Train
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 9971
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2017 - 2:50 PM ET #45

    ok, I had to read the hooker one. No way should she have been shot. The guy is a fool, he'll probably get shot someday by a hooker or her pimp if that's what he's into   - dumb people everywhere


    Be the Hammer Not the Nail
    Reply
    ok, I had to read the hooker one. No way should she have been shot. The guy is a fool, he'll probably get shot someday by a hooker or her pimp if that's what he's into   - dumb people everywhere


     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2017 - 4:49 PM ET #46

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    I've stood at gun point to the head.. even if you have a gun, you have zero options other than to cooperate and hope he doesn't blow you away. It's a feeling I hope none of you guys ever experience. 
    Yes, you go into shock as well. 
    Don't want to experience that.

     What got me to this point is one night a few years ago I was watching the news & saw the story of a couple that were robbed & killed in their home. Two thugs broke into their home at night while they were sleeping. They awoke, but the perps soon had them at gun point. She was 6 months pregnant........they raped her in front of her husband & then shot them both. Just disgusting.
     It occurred to me that if the same thing happened to me, all I had to defend us, or ward off intruders with, was a baseball bat.........hardly an effective tool for self defense vs any firearm. Now if some of you are OK with the thought of someone breaking into your home & killing you & your family, then fine. More power to ya. Some of us aren't. The world is not getting kinder & gentler.........quite the opposite.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    I've stood at gun point to the head.. even if you have a gun, you have zero options other than to cooperate and hope he doesn't blow you away. It's a feeling I hope none of you guys ever experience. 
    Yes, you go into shock as well. 
    Don't want to experience that.

     What got me to this point is one night a few years ago I was watching the news & saw the story of a couple that were robbed & killed in their home. Two thugs broke into their home at night while they were sleeping. They awoke, but the perps soon had them at gun point. She was 6 months pregnant........they raped her in front of her husband & then shot them both. Just disgusting.
     It occurred to me that if the same thing happened to me, all I had to defend us, or ward off intruders with, was a baseball bat.........hardly an effective tool for self defense vs any firearm. Now if some of you are OK with the thought of someone breaking into your home & killing you & your family, then fine. More power to ya. Some of us aren't. The world is not getting kinder & gentler.........quite the opposite.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2017 - 6:45 PM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    Don't want to experience that.

     What got me to this point is one night a few years ago I was watching the news & saw the story of a couple that were robbed & killed in their home. Two thugs broke into their home at night while they were sleeping. They awoke, but the perps soon had them at gun point. She was 6 months pregnant........they raped her in front of her husband & then shot them both. Just disgusting.
     It occurred to me that if the same thing happened to me, all I had to defend us, or ward off intruders with, was a baseball bat.........hardly an effective tool for self defense vs any firearm. Now if some of you are OK with the thought of someone breaking into your home & killing you & your family, then fine. More power to ya. Some of us aren't. The world is not getting kinder & gentler.........quite the opposite.


    Horrible story, makes me sick. 
    Couldn't agree with you more Mugg, Those that think they are immune to that kind of violence are just in complete denial. Doesn't matter what how nice of an area you live in, it can happen anytime to anybody..and the police will not be able to help in time. 


    By the way, you guys up in Seattle are in paradise. I cannot believe that I didn't know you had all the AR's ,suppressors and whatever capacity magazines. I see a move back home in my future. F California.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    Don't want to experience that.

     What got me to this point is one night a few years ago I was watching the news & saw the story of a couple that were robbed & killed in their home. Two thugs broke into their home at night while they were sleeping. They awoke, but the perps soon had them at gun point. She was 6 months pregnant........they raped her in front of her husband & then shot them both. Just disgusting.
     It occurred to me that if the same thing happened to me, all I had to defend us, or ward off intruders with, was a baseball bat.........hardly an effective tool for self defense vs any firearm. Now if some of you are OK with the thought of someone breaking into your home & killing you & your family, then fine. More power to ya. Some of us aren't. The world is not getting kinder & gentler.........quite the opposite.


    Horrible story, makes me sick. 
    Couldn't agree with you more Mugg, Those that think they are immune to that kind of violence are just in complete denial. Doesn't matter what how nice of an area you live in, it can happen anytime to anybody..and the police will not be able to help in time. 


    By the way, you guys up in Seattle are in paradise. I cannot believe that I didn't know you had all the AR's ,suppressors and whatever capacity magazines. I see a move back home in my future. F California.
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2017 - 7:40 AM ET #48

    So there's 20 jibberish threads until you get to this one................

    Usual spam until the "crack" security team fixes it........

    Anyway, spam, spam, spam.....................and then



    Handgun Thoughts......................................and I thought



    Yeah, my thought exactly
    Reply
    So there's 20 jibberish threads until you get to this one................

    Usual spam until the "crack" security team fixes it........

    Anyway, spam, spam, spam.....................and then



    Handgun Thoughts......................................and I thought



    Yeah, my thought exactly
     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Aug. 25, 2017 - 4:06 PM ET #49

    From the people I have heard speak who know about this stuff, the best advice I ever heard was to have something that you have the best chance to handle SAFELY AND EFFECTIVELY while under extreme stress, regardless of size.

    If you lose your mind and can't handle or fire a weapon safely or effectively, it's of zero use no matter how powerful it is.  I'd rather take my chance with a .380 that I feel one with than a .40 or something that I don't feel good about even after extensive practice. 

    I know I've read more stories about a person who didn't properly handle their weapon and TH:AT is what got them in trouble than the person who lost their life because they didn't have a big enough weapon.  I think we would all do better spending more time at the range and training than worrying about buying a bigger piece.

    That's just me.

    Reply

    From the people I have heard speak who know about this stuff, the best advice I ever heard was to have something that you have the best chance to handle SAFELY AND EFFECTIVELY while under extreme stress, regardless of size.

    If you lose your mind and can't handle or fire a weapon safely or effectively, it's of zero use no matter how powerful it is.  I'd rather take my chance with a .380 that I feel one with than a .40 or something that I don't feel good about even after extensive practice. 

    I know I've read more stories about a person who didn't properly handle their weapon and TH:AT is what got them in trouble than the person who lost their life because they didn't have a big enough weapon.  I think we would all do better spending more time at the range and training than worrying about buying a bigger piece.

    That's just me.

     
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Aug. 25, 2017 - 4:43 PM ET #50

    Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

    From the people I have heard speak who know about this stuff, the best advice I ever heard was to have something that you have the best chance to handle SAFELY AND EFFECTIVELY while under extreme stress, regardless of size.

    If you lose your mind and can't handle or fire a weapon safely or effectively, it's of zero use no matter how powerful it is.  I'd rather take my chance with a .380 that I feel one with than a .40 or something that I don't feel good about even after extensive practice. 

    I know I've read more stories about a person who didn't properly handle their weapon and TH:AT is what got them in trouble than the person who lost their life because they didn't have a big enough weapon.  I think we would all do better spending more time at the range and training than worrying about buying a bigger piece.

    That's just me.


    Exactly right Hutch.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

    From the people I have heard speak who know about this stuff, the best advice I ever heard was to have something that you have the best chance to handle SAFELY AND EFFECTIVELY while under extreme stress, regardless of size.

    If you lose your mind and can't handle or fire a weapon safely or effectively, it's of zero use no matter how powerful it is.  I'd rather take my chance with a .380 that I feel one with than a .40 or something that I don't feel good about even after extensive practice. 

    I know I've read more stories about a person who didn't properly handle their weapon and TH:AT is what got them in trouble than the person who lost their life because they didn't have a big enough weapon.  I think we would all do better spending more time at the range and training than worrying about buying a bigger piece.

    That's just me.


    Exactly right Hutch.
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,905
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,619
    • MLB Playoffs 16,984
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 446
    • PART DEUX 140
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,360
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 277
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,367
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,275
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,157

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.