• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Gambling ruined my life

    «First Previous 12
    tjohnsont
    Canada_Chris
    TheCrow
    Messier-11
    LeafsNeedD
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 6905
    Posts: 39
    «First Previous 12
     
    tjohnsont
    tjohnsont
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 5761
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2013 - 3:32 PM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow:


    skipbone, have you not heard of prosthetics ?  I've seen your asss get handed to you a few times on this board unfortunately there is nothing i would be able to sell to you.  We are talking about limbs here, if you're looking for better implants, i suggest for you to talk to kim kardashian and stop trying to ride the waves in these murky waters.

    Dafuq?  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow:


    skipbone, have you not heard of prosthetics ?  I've seen your asss get handed to you a few times on this board unfortunately there is nothing i would be able to sell to you.  We are talking about limbs here, if you're looking for better implants, i suggest for you to talk to kim kardashian and stop trying to ride the waves in these murky waters.

    Dafuq?  
     
    Canada_Chris
    Canada_Chris
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 2462
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2013 - 5:28 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    The only cure for losing is a good healthy winning streak.




    I must disagree.  The only cure for losing is losing.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    The only cure for losing is a good healthy winning streak.




    I must disagree.  The only cure for losing is losing.
     
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 9368
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2013 - 9:47 PM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by tjohnsont:


    Dafuq?  

    why would you care for an explanation? i don't offer any refunds
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tjohnsont:


    Dafuq?  

    why would you care for an explanation? i don't offer any refunds
     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11184
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2013 - 10:14 PM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by tlml1899:



    People CAN put the bottle or drugs down, they just choose not to. The fact that many people have done it cold turkey proves that addiction is BS


    dumbest post of all time
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tlml1899:



    People CAN put the bottle or drugs down, they just choose not to. The fact that many people have done it cold turkey proves that addiction is BS


    dumbest post of all time
     
    tjohnsont
    tjohnsont
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 5761
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2013 - 10:23 PM ET #30

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow:


    why would you care for an explanation? i don't offer any refunds

    Never asked for an explanation.   Only would buy with funny money.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow:


    why would you care for an explanation? i don't offer any refunds

    Never asked for an explanation.   Only would buy with funny money.
     
    LeafsNeedD
    LeafsNeedD
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 5801
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2013 - 10:45 PM ET #31

    The problem with gambling is people think it's going to solve their financial problems.  If you look at it as entertainment and bet with a budget you can afford for entertainment you can avoid these situations.  

    I've been betting on sports since I was 16, playing poker since my early to mid 20's and I've never borrowed money to gamble, gambled on credit and it's never prevented me from financially affording to do anything in my life.  

    I'm an action better for sports betting, I'll bet on 50-75% of NFL games on a sunday, sometimes more.  But I bet in small amounts that I can afford and when you bet a lot of games it's hard to lose everything, just as it's hard to win everything.  No doubt I'm a loser over the long run but I'll deposit a couple times a year, build up a roll and play for months with it.  

    For poker I'm a positive but less than 5% ROI SNG player and I have a rule that whenever my account gets to $1000, I take out $500 because I start playing like an idiot when I have a big roll in my account.  

    My point is you don't have to totally quit to fix your problems and you might even enjoy it more if you know your bet isn't going to break you if you lose.  
    Reply
    The problem with gambling is people think it's going to solve their financial problems.  If you look at it as entertainment and bet with a budget you can afford for entertainment you can avoid these situations.  

    I've been betting on sports since I was 16, playing poker since my early to mid 20's and I've never borrowed money to gamble, gambled on credit and it's never prevented me from financially affording to do anything in my life.  

    I'm an action better for sports betting, I'll bet on 50-75% of NFL games on a sunday, sometimes more.  But I bet in small amounts that I can afford and when you bet a lot of games it's hard to lose everything, just as it's hard to win everything.  No doubt I'm a loser over the long run but I'll deposit a couple times a year, build up a roll and play for months with it.  

    For poker I'm a positive but less than 5% ROI SNG player and I have a rule that whenever my account gets to $1000, I take out $500 because I start playing like an idiot when I have a big roll in my account.  

    My point is you don't have to totally quit to fix your problems and you might even enjoy it more if you know your bet isn't going to break you if you lose.  
     
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 9368
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2013 - 11:00 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by tjohnsont:


    Never asked for an explanation.   Only would buy with funny money.

    don't quote me then
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tjohnsont:


    Never asked for an explanation.   Only would buy with funny money.

    don't quote me then
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55719
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2013 - 11:33 PM ET #33

    Start winning and then you wont have to chase. You dont need to quit, you just need to get better.
    Reply
    Start winning and then you wont have to chase. You dont need to quit, you just need to get better.
     
    tjohnsont
    tjohnsont
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 5761
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2013 - 12:30 PM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by LeafsNeedD:

    The problem with gambling is people think it's going to solve their financial problems.  If you look at it as entertainment and bet with a budget you can afford for entertainment you can avoid these situations.  

    I've been betting on sports since I was 16, playing poker since my early to mid 20's and I've never borrowed money to gamble, gambled on credit and it's never prevented me from financially affording to do anything in my life.  

    I'm an action better for sports betting, I'll bet on 50-75% of NFL games on a sunday, sometimes more.  But I bet in small amounts that I can afford and when you bet a lot of games it's hard to lose everything, just as it's hard to win everything.  No doubt I'm a loser over the long run but I'll deposit a couple times a year, build up a roll and play for months with it.  

    For poker I'm a positive but less than 5% ROI SNG player and I have a rule that whenever my account gets to $1000, I take out $500 because I start playing like an idiot when I have a big roll in my account.  

    My point is you don't have to totally quit to fix your problems and you might even enjoy it more if you know your bet isn't going to break you if you lose.  

    Good advice but the only solution for bad gamblers that are losers is to completely quit.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by LeafsNeedD:

    The problem with gambling is people think it's going to solve their financial problems.  If you look at it as entertainment and bet with a budget you can afford for entertainment you can avoid these situations.  

    I've been betting on sports since I was 16, playing poker since my early to mid 20's and I've never borrowed money to gamble, gambled on credit and it's never prevented me from financially affording to do anything in my life.  

    I'm an action better for sports betting, I'll bet on 50-75% of NFL games on a sunday, sometimes more.  But I bet in small amounts that I can afford and when you bet a lot of games it's hard to lose everything, just as it's hard to win everything.  No doubt I'm a loser over the long run but I'll deposit a couple times a year, build up a roll and play for months with it.  

    For poker I'm a positive but less than 5% ROI SNG player and I have a rule that whenever my account gets to $1000, I take out $500 because I start playing like an idiot when I have a big roll in my account.  

    My point is you don't have to totally quit to fix your problems and you might even enjoy it more if you know your bet isn't going to break you if you lose.  

    Good advice but the only solution for bad gamblers that are losers is to completely quit.  
     
    tjohnsont
    tjohnsont
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 5761
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2013 - 12:31 PM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow:


    don't quote me then

    Never quoted you.   
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow:


    don't quote me then

    Never quoted you.   
     
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 9368
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2013 - 12:45 PM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by tjohnsont:


    Never quoted you.   

    ok then don't cut and paste my name and what i said then
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tjohnsont:


    Never quoted you.   

    ok then don't cut and paste my name and what i said then
     
    tlml1899
    tlml1899
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1590
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2013 - 5:14 PM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by Messier-11:



    dumbest post of all time


    You couldn't be more ignorant. Why are people only addicted to fun things like gambling,drugs, and booze then? Why isn't there a huge problem for people are addicted to eat healthy, working out, and going to school for degrees? Because those things arent fun.

    Its not an addiction. People like doing it, you're not force to. If you believe it's an addition, you're just plain stupid
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Messier-11:



    dumbest post of all time


    You couldn't be more ignorant. Why are people only addicted to fun things like gambling,drugs, and booze then? Why isn't there a huge problem for people are addicted to eat healthy, working out, and going to school for degrees? Because those things arent fun.

    Its not an addiction. People like doing it, you're not force to. If you believe it's an addition, you're just plain stupid
     
    165yds
    165yds
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 18777
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2013 - 5:58 PM ET #38

    As of now there is no scientific answer as to who is right or wrong on whether it's a disease or not.  

    If you know anything about psychology you know addiction has nothing to do with the conscious mind.  There are plenty of addictions that are not enjoyable and even painful but people still do them for a variety of reasons.

    I'd like to believe it's a compulsive disorder that can be treated.  To say it's a disease means you have no control like it's heart disease.
    Reply
    As of now there is no scientific answer as to who is right or wrong on whether it's a disease or not.  

    If you know anything about psychology you know addiction has nothing to do with the conscious mind.  There are plenty of addictions that are not enjoyable and even painful but people still do them for a variety of reasons.

    I'd like to believe it's a compulsive disorder that can be treated.  To say it's a disease means you have no control like it's heart disease.
     
     
    Jackson1020
    Jackson1020
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2017
    Posts: 290
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2018 - 3:54 PM ET #39

    Quote Originally Posted by CHANGCHANG:

    see you tomorrow night
    Lol

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by CHANGCHANG:

    see you tomorrow night
    Lol

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,894
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,613
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • MLB Playoffs 16,965
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,296
    • PART DEUX 139
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,363
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,269
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,149
    • Week 6 Money 5,901

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.