Lost mad dough and gained lots or weight and can't kick the habit every Monday the chase continues and once I lose I want to win it back and it's just crazy, every night I think about quitting for years and never manned up and did it, gl to you all anyway I'm not hating on anyone!
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Lost mad dough and gained lots or weight and can't kick the habit every Monday the chase continues and once I lose I want to win it back and it's just crazy, every night I think about quitting for years and never manned up and did it, gl to you all anyway I'm not hating on anyone!
I recommend you start learning from your damn mistakes and start winning. Stop chasing, stop betting to much of your bankroll per bet, stop "capping" and set up a math model. NO ONE that bets for a living caps games. They run numbers and bet according.
If you can't kick the habit, why not let it improve your life rather than ruin it?
I recommend you start learning from your damn mistakes and start winning. Stop chasing, stop betting to much of your bankroll per bet, stop "capping" and set up a math model. NO ONE that bets for a living caps games. They run numbers and bet according.
If you can't kick the habit, why not let it improve your life rather than ruin it?
gambling rehabs are out there though they are expensive (10k estimate) for a month long type thing living in a house with other degens trying to quit the habit. I know of one in prescott arizona. Not many rehab centers out there for gamblers. If you have a family member or friend that would pay for you to goto rehab I would recommend it. A degenerate friend of mine went there and then continued on in a halfway house for a few months and GA meetings and seems like a new man. Maybe they could work out a payment plan or pay on credit if you dont have someone that would pay for it. Otherwise go to a Gamblers anonymous meeting every day of the week and stop watching sports all together for a long time until you feel ready that it wont give you the itch.
gambling rehabs are out there though they are expensive (10k estimate) for a month long type thing living in a house with other degens trying to quit the habit. I know of one in prescott arizona. Not many rehab centers out there for gamblers. If you have a family member or friend that would pay for you to goto rehab I would recommend it. A degenerate friend of mine went there and then continued on in a halfway house for a few months and GA meetings and seems like a new man. Maybe they could work out a payment plan or pay on credit if you dont have someone that would pay for it. Otherwise go to a Gamblers anonymous meeting every day of the week and stop watching sports all together for a long time until you feel ready that it wont give you the itch.
some people just have messed up brains and can't control themselves. People with addictive personalities can get into serious trouble if gambling is a vice of theirs. Especially, if that person is depressed, anxious, bipolar, etc. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. Their are many insane degens out there. You are not alone. Seriously, consider the rehab if you can financially swing it as well as a therapist or some other type of doctor that could put you on some sort of medication if deemed necessary. Heck maybe even a brain scan could help. But all of those options are expensive unless you have a family member/friend that would hook you up or if you work as a cop/fire fighter/ union type thing i believe they would pay for it also. Otherwise, daily GA meetings is your best option. One day at a time.......hang in there
some people just have messed up brains and can't control themselves. People with addictive personalities can get into serious trouble if gambling is a vice of theirs. Especially, if that person is depressed, anxious, bipolar, etc. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. Their are many insane degens out there. You are not alone. Seriously, consider the rehab if you can financially swing it as well as a therapist or some other type of doctor that could put you on some sort of medication if deemed necessary. Heck maybe even a brain scan could help. But all of those options are expensive unless you have a family member/friend that would hook you up or if you work as a cop/fire fighter/ union type thing i believe they would pay for it also. Otherwise, daily GA meetings is your best option. One day at a time.......hang in there
Lost mad dough and gained lots or weight and can't kick the habit every Monday the chase continues and once I lose I want to win it back and it's just crazy, every night I think about quitting for years and never manned up and did it, gl to you all anyway I'm not hating on anyone!
If not gambling.................booze.
Heroin.
Coke.
Prescription pills.
Maybe a combination of all of the above.
It is...........what it is.
Seek help.
Probably seeking help on a GAMBLING SITE.........NOT THE BEST IDEA!
Good Luck.
Quote Originally Posted by DiamondGuru:
Lost mad dough and gained lots or weight and can't kick the habit every Monday the chase continues and once I lose I want to win it back and it's just crazy, every night I think about quitting for years and never manned up and did it, gl to you all anyway I'm not hating on anyone!
If not gambling.................booze.
Heroin.
Coke.
Prescription pills.
Maybe a combination of all of the above.
It is...........what it is.
Seek help.
Probably seeking help on a GAMBLING SITE.........NOT THE BEST IDEA!
he is right though, it is a real bad addiction.. even if you "dont lose" you still lose alot... you lose alot of time in your life staring at the tv or computer... hoping and praying you win when you are just going to give it back on the next bet or the bet after that anyway... best thing you can do for society is to make sure you are never the reason someone else gets into gambling
he is right though, it is a real bad addiction.. even if you "dont lose" you still lose alot... you lose alot of time in your life staring at the tv or computer... hoping and praying you win when you are just going to give it back on the next bet or the bet after that anyway... best thing you can do for society is to make sure you are never the reason someone else gets into gambling
are you trying to tell me that your name is bethany hamilton, only that after your limb got bitten off from the sharks, you decided to eat junk food, gained weight, and you're trying to decide whether or not you want to buy a new surfboard? Stop eating the junk food and lose the weight first, then we can talk.
are you trying to tell me that your name is bethany hamilton, only that after your limb got bitten off from the sharks, you decided to eat junk food, gained weight, and you're trying to decide whether or not you want to buy a new surfboard? Stop eating the junk food and lose the weight first, then we can talk.
are you trying to tell me that your name is bethany hamilton, only that after your limb got bitten off from the sharks, you decided to eat junk food, gained weight, and you're trying to decide whether or not you want to buy a new surfboard? Stop eating the junk food and lose the weight first, then we can talk.
Dafuq?
Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow:
are you trying to tell me that your name is bethany hamilton, only that after your limb got bitten off from the sharks, you decided to eat junk food, gained weight, and you're trying to decide whether or not you want to buy a new surfboard? Stop eating the junk food and lose the weight first, then we can talk.
Gambling ruined your life... OR You ruined your life...
bang on!
It's not an addiction, it's not a disease. This is all in your head. Just quit, stop. It's not hard, just don't bet. No action, ever, period.
I quit long ago b/c it took too much time in the evening and life is about balance. Now with a serious girl, kids, house, friends, there is no time for it. So I stopped, cold turkey. No therapy, no sessions.
I know spend 500 on fantasy football every year to keep me engaged in football and nhl. I also bet 2k/yr vs a buddy and we pick 4 games a week. Whoever has the best record at the end of the year gets the 2k. Both these options reduce your time, limits any gambling as it's fixed, but keeps you into the games.
So look in the mirror, really look at yourself and say "I'm suck at sports betting and have lose x amount in x time. If I don't stop now will anything change." Just stop. life is hard enough, no need to make it harder by gambling it away.
Quote Originally Posted by Randisist:
Gambling ruined your life... OR You ruined your life...
bang on!
It's not an addiction, it's not a disease. This is all in your head. Just quit, stop. It's not hard, just don't bet. No action, ever, period.
I quit long ago b/c it took too much time in the evening and life is about balance. Now with a serious girl, kids, house, friends, there is no time for it. So I stopped, cold turkey. No therapy, no sessions.
I know spend 500 on fantasy football every year to keep me engaged in football and nhl. I also bet 2k/yr vs a buddy and we pick 4 games a week. Whoever has the best record at the end of the year gets the 2k. Both these options reduce your time, limits any gambling as it's fixed, but keeps you into the games.
So look in the mirror, really look at yourself and say "I'm suck at sports betting and have lose x amount in x time. If I don't stop now will anything change." Just stop. life is hard enough, no need to make it harder by gambling it away.
It's not an addiction, it's not a disease. This is all in your head. Just quit, stop. It's not hard, just don't bet. No action, ever, period.
I quit long ago b/c it took too much time in the evening and life is about balance. Now with a serious girl, kids, house, friends, there is no time for it. So I stopped, cold turkey. No therapy, no sessions.
I know spend 500 on fantasy football every year to keep me engaged in football and nhl. I also bet 2k/yr vs a buddy and we pick 4 games a week. Whoever has the best record at the end of the year gets the 2k. Both these options reduce your time, limits any gambling as it's fixed, but keeps you into the games.
So look in the mirror, really look at yourself and say "I'm suck at sports betting and have lose x amount in x time. If I don't stop now will anything change." Just stop. life is hard enough, no need to make it harder by gambling it away.
This is an idiotic response. The fact that it is "all in his head" is what makes it a disease. Nothing different than booze or drugs. People can't put that bottle down just like some can't stop chasing that first dollar they ever lost
Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra:
bang on!
It's not an addiction, it's not a disease. This is all in your head. Just quit, stop. It's not hard, just don't bet. No action, ever, period.
I quit long ago b/c it took too much time in the evening and life is about balance. Now with a serious girl, kids, house, friends, there is no time for it. So I stopped, cold turkey. No therapy, no sessions.
I know spend 500 on fantasy football every year to keep me engaged in football and nhl. I also bet 2k/yr vs a buddy and we pick 4 games a week. Whoever has the best record at the end of the year gets the 2k. Both these options reduce your time, limits any gambling as it's fixed, but keeps you into the games.
So look in the mirror, really look at yourself and say "I'm suck at sports betting and have lose x amount in x time. If I don't stop now will anything change." Just stop. life is hard enough, no need to make it harder by gambling it away.
This is an idiotic response. The fact that it is "all in his head" is what makes it a disease. Nothing different than booze or drugs. People can't put that bottle down just like some can't stop chasing that first dollar they ever lost
It's not an addiction, it's not a disease. This is all in your head. Just quit, stop. It's not hard, just don't bet. No action, ever, period.
I quit long ago b/c it took too much time in the evening and life is about balance. Now with a serious girl, kids, house, friends, there is no time for it. So I stopped, cold turkey. No therapy, no sessions.
I know spend 500 on fantasy football every year to keep me engaged in football and nhl. I also bet 2k/yr vs a buddy and we pick 4 games a week. Whoever has the best record at the end of the year gets the 2k. Both these options reduce your time, limits any gambling as it's fixed, but keeps you into the games.
So look in the mirror, really look at yourself and say "I'm suck at sports betting and have lose x amount in x time. If I don't stop now will anything change." Just stop. life is hard enough, no need to make it harder by gambling it away.
This guy gets it. Its not an addiction; its a choice to gamble. Addiction is just a word people use so they don't have to take responsibility for their actions . NO therapy or GA is going to help you unless YOU decide to quit
Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra:
bang on!
It's not an addiction, it's not a disease. This is all in your head. Just quit, stop. It's not hard, just don't bet. No action, ever, period.
I quit long ago b/c it took too much time in the evening and life is about balance. Now with a serious girl, kids, house, friends, there is no time for it. So I stopped, cold turkey. No therapy, no sessions.
I know spend 500 on fantasy football every year to keep me engaged in football and nhl. I also bet 2k/yr vs a buddy and we pick 4 games a week. Whoever has the best record at the end of the year gets the 2k. Both these options reduce your time, limits any gambling as it's fixed, but keeps you into the games.
So look in the mirror, really look at yourself and say "I'm suck at sports betting and have lose x amount in x time. If I don't stop now will anything change." Just stop. life is hard enough, no need to make it harder by gambling it away.
This guy gets it. Its not an addiction; its a choice to gamble. Addiction is just a word people use so they don't have to take responsibility for their actions . NO therapy or GA is going to help you unless YOU decide to quit
This is an idiotic response. The fact that it is "all in his head" is what makes it a disease. Nothing different than booze or drugs. People can't put that bottle down just like some can't stop chasing that first dollar they ever lost
People CAN put the bottle or drugs down, they just choose not to. The fact that many people have done it cold turkey proves that addiction is BS
Quote Originally Posted by pjrez:
This is an idiotic response. The fact that it is "all in his head" is what makes it a disease. Nothing different than booze or drugs. People can't put that bottle down just like some can't stop chasing that first dollar they ever lost
People CAN put the bottle or drugs down, they just choose not to. The fact that many people have done it cold turkey proves that addiction is BS
.........set up a math model. NO ONE that bets for a living caps games. They run numbers and bet according.
A'men!! well said!! take a class in statistics; immerse yourself in regression to the mean as it pertains to a bell curve, linear regression, probability, streak theory, retracement theory, elliot wave analysis, etc. GRIND, don't GAMBLE.
Quote Originally Posted by tlml1899:
.........set up a math model. NO ONE that bets for a living caps games. They run numbers and bet according.
A'men!! well said!! take a class in statistics; immerse yourself in regression to the mean as it pertains to a bell curve, linear regression, probability, streak theory, retracement theory, elliot wave analysis, etc. GRIND, don't GAMBLE.
Lost mad dough and gained lots or weight and can't kick the habit every Monday the chase continues and once I lose I want to win it back and it's just crazy, every night I think about quitting for years and never manned up and did it, gl to you all anyway I'm not hating on anyone!
Tell me your picks so I can fade you.
Quote Originally Posted by DiamondGuru:
Lost mad dough and gained lots or weight and can't kick the habit every Monday the chase continues and once I lose I want to win it back and it's just crazy, every night I think about quitting for years and never manned up and did it, gl to you all anyway I'm not hating on anyone!
People CAN put the bottle or drugs down, they just choose not to. The fact that many people have done it cold turkey proves that addiction is BS
It's a mental addiction.
You notice no one ever has an addiction of working too much for free or giving away their money to random people or getting a bottle stuffed up their butt all the time.....
Everone's addiction is from enjoyment- beer, cigs, weed, gambling, girls, unemployed, etc. They choose to do it cuz they enjoy it.
Quote Originally Posted by tlml1899:
People CAN put the bottle or drugs down, they just choose not to. The fact that many people have done it cold turkey proves that addiction is BS
It's a mental addiction.
You notice no one ever has an addiction of working too much for free or giving away their money to random people or getting a bottle stuffed up their butt all the time.....
Everone's addiction is from enjoyment- beer, cigs, weed, gambling, girls, unemployed, etc. They choose to do it cuz they enjoy it.
skipbone, have you not heard of prosthetics ? I've seen your asss get handed to you a few times on this board unfortunately there is nothing i would be able to sell to you. We are talking about limbs here, if you're looking for better implants, i suggest for you to talk to kim kardashian and stop trying to ride the waves in these murky waters.
Quote Originally Posted by Skipbone:
Dafuq?
skipbone, have you not heard of prosthetics ? I've seen your asss get handed to you a few times on this board unfortunately there is nothing i would be able to sell to you. We are talking about limbs here, if you're looking for better implants, i suggest for you to talk to kim kardashian and stop trying to ride the waves in these murky waters.