• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Do yourselves a faor and quit gambling now. Nobody wins. Were all headed for doom.

    12 Next Last»
    JimmyGape
    SALTY
    searchwarrant
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    nature1970
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2081
    Posts: 40
    12 Next Last»
     
    JimmyGape
    JimmyGape
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2018
    Posts: 4860
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2019 - 5:00 PM ET #1

    Im an intelligent guy and I know sports like you wouldnt believe. Ive had a lot of great runs over the years. But I am not ahead overall in the long run. Even if I was the amount certainly would not justify the amount of time Ive spent on this crap. Do yourselves a favor and quit, nobody wins at this crap. Even if you do you will give it all back and then some. Its inevitable.

    There are evil forces at work. Gambling is backed by the devil himself. Its an evil act. Theres more to life than this. We are all sick.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Im an intelligent guy and I know sports like you wouldnt believe. Ive had a lot of great runs over the years. But I am not ahead overall in the long run. Even if I was the amount certainly would not justify the amount of time Ive spent on this crap. Do yourselves a favor and quit, nobody wins at this crap. Even if you do you will give it all back and then some. Its inevitable.

    There are evil forces at work. Gambling is backed by the devil himself. Its an evil act. Theres more to life than this. We are all sick.

     
    SALTY
    SALTY
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 4800
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2019 - 5:12 PM ET #2

    Gambling is not a problem when you're winning.an_cheers

     

    Shout out to the devilreallyhappy

    Reply

    Gambling is not a problem when you're winning.an_cheers

     

    Shout out to the devilreallyhappy

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2019 - 5:26 PM ET #3

    OP is right. This is an awful affliction and inevitable fact that you'll lose everything in the long run. 

    Reply

    OP is right. This is an awful affliction and inevitable fact that you'll lose everything in the long run. 

     
    SALTY
    SALTY
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 4800
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2019 - 5:49 PM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    OP is right. This is an awful affliction and inevitable fact that you'll lose everything in the long run.

    Its a good thing we've all developed a bad short term memory cause after so long after a bad beat.....it's like it never happend.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    OP is right. This is an awful affliction and inevitable fact that you'll lose everything in the long run.

    Its a good thing we've all developed a bad short term memory cause after so long after a bad beat.....it's like it never happend.

     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2019 - 6:12 PM ET #5

    You are right
    Reply
    You are right
     
    SALTY
    SALTY
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 4800
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2019 - 6:21 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGape:

    Im an intelligent guy and I know sports like you wouldnt believe. Ive had a lot of great runs over the years. But I am not ahead overall in the long run. Even if I was the amount certainly would not justify the amount of time Ive spent on this crap. Do yourselves a favor and quit, nobody wins at this crap. Even if you do you will give it all back and then some. Its inevitable. There are evil forces at work. Gambling is backed by the devil himself. Its an evil act. Theres more to life than this. We are all sick.

    I truly wish I knew what my overall +/- number is over my lifetime starting in elementary school with coin flip, pencil crack, and dice to present times betting on pretty much anything with win/loss outcomes lol

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGape:

    Im an intelligent guy and I know sports like you wouldnt believe. Ive had a lot of great runs over the years. But I am not ahead overall in the long run. Even if I was the amount certainly would not justify the amount of time Ive spent on this crap. Do yourselves a favor and quit, nobody wins at this crap. Even if you do you will give it all back and then some. Its inevitable. There are evil forces at work. Gambling is backed by the devil himself. Its an evil act. Theres more to life than this. We are all sick.

    I truly wish I knew what my overall +/- number is over my lifetime starting in elementary school with coin flip, pencil crack, and dice to present times betting on pretty much anything with win/loss outcomes lol

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2019 - 6:35 PM ET #7

    Prepare for the dreaded "money management" patronizing posts upcoming shortly. They have themselves under total control and rarely if ever lose anything. 

    Reply

    Prepare for the dreaded "money management" patronizing posts upcoming shortly. They have themselves under total control and rarely if ever lose anything. 

     
    SALTY
    SALTY
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 4800
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2019 - 7:32 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Prepare for the dreaded "money management" patronizing posts upcoming shortly. They have themselves under total control and rarely if ever lose anything.

    an_laughmoney management theoriesmoose

     

    There is no such thing.....bad decisions are fun and definatly make for the best stories. If you don't make bad decisions and have actual experiences in this department.....in my opinion you have not lived life. 

    If I had a nickel for every time i heard than horn play that tune "waa waaaa waaaaaaaa"  i'd buy a ton of drugs and lose the rest in a cloudy mess of a memory of wtf!

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Prepare for the dreaded "money management" patronizing posts upcoming shortly. They have themselves under total control and rarely if ever lose anything.

    an_laughmoney management theoriesmoose

     

    There is no such thing.....bad decisions are fun and definatly make for the best stories. If you don't make bad decisions and have actual experiences in this department.....in my opinion you have not lived life. 

    If I had a nickel for every time i heard than horn play that tune "waa waaaa waaaaaaaa"  i'd buy a ton of drugs and lose the rest in a cloudy mess of a memory of wtf!

     

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2019 - 8:44 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGape:

    Im an intelligent guy and I know sports like you wouldnt believe. Ive had a lot of great runs over the years. But I am not ahead overall in the long run. Even if I was the amount certainly would not justify the amount of time Ive spent on this crap. Do yourselves a favor and quit, nobody wins at this crap. Even if you do you will give it all back and then some. Its inevitable. There are evil forces at work. Gambling is backed by the devil himself. Its an evil act. Theres more to life than this. We are all sick.
    well the meth, weighing on a 5,000 or what ever bet and the tales of he'll you indulge is with gambling is probably the least of your concerns.  Not sure of anyone would take any action with ya at this point.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGape:

    Im an intelligent guy and I know sports like you wouldnt believe. Ive had a lot of great runs over the years. But I am not ahead overall in the long run. Even if I was the amount certainly would not justify the amount of time Ive spent on this crap. Do yourselves a favor and quit, nobody wins at this crap. Even if you do you will give it all back and then some. Its inevitable. There are evil forces at work. Gambling is backed by the devil himself. Its an evil act. Theres more to life than this. We are all sick.
    well the meth, weighing on a 5,000 or what ever bet and the tales of he'll you indulge is with gambling is probably the least of your concerns.  Not sure of anyone would take any action with ya at this point.

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2019 - 8:47 PM ET #10

    Not sure how your still out of jail. A whole gram of meth is 5 years minimum sentencing structure...... welch ona 4k bet not sure how you are still up right.... 

    Reply

    Not sure how your still out of jail. A whole gram of meth is 5 years minimum sentencing structure...... welch ona 4k bet not sure how you are still up right.... 

     
    thirdperson
    thirdperson
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2005
    Posts: 9454
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2019 - 8:45 AM ET #11

    Gambling is profitable for a minority but most people lose money in the long run.  If gambling is profitable for everyone, sportbooks would cease to exist.
    Reply
    Gambling is profitable for a minority but most people lose money in the long run.  If gambling is profitable for everyone, sportbooks would cease to exist.
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2019 - 10:36 AM ET #12

    A point-spread is a product that is cobbled by man and thus can be defeated,if by defeated,  better then 53%.Better yet,only bet on sure things and aquire the talent to familiarize yourself. The bookie will make a line on 70+ matchups today,I don't have to bet on any of them.
    Reply
    A point-spread is a product that is cobbled by man and thus can be defeated,if by defeated,  better then 53%.Better yet,only bet on sure things and aquire the talent to familiarize yourself. The bookie will make a line on 70+ matchups today,I don't have to bet on any of them.
     
    ZiggyDawg
    ZiggyDawg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5532
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2019 - 11:01 AM ET #13

    I already quit many years ago. I just like the action basically; small time bets but big bets when I started playing pool in college freshmen year at Boston U.
          I can easily walk up and down the cheesy ( I still find the beauty in it)  Atlantic City ( I'm from the Jersey Shore , Toms River  about 45 min away ) boardwalk and have fun without betting BUT that might change with sports betting going on now.

         I'll only think of betting when I shoot pool against an impatient idiot who will give me a ridiculous spot; I already told them I don't bet,  if you think I don't need a spot on the 7 and 8 or just 8 then come back if you can't find anyone to bet because I'd rather bet some College football game (  tail my friends then look at defenses; still a coin flip). If everyone in the room thinks I can beat that person them straight up I still ask for the spot 'cause it never hurts. Steve Mizerak wrote that in his book a long time ago to always ask for a spot, you can laugh about it if it seems crazy to them. That one person (impatient idoit, kid) might come back when he can't find action on a dead night then I'll bet playing 9 ball with that spot on the eight. It's a layup for me cause i'll play safes at the right moment and it's just a race to 5 anyway. If a miracle happens an he wins 3 in a row , I'll stop and call it a night but that never happens. This same guy started to spot me when he saw me warmup and i only had my C game. My weakness is I take a while to warmup and that can be annoying for someone who's waiting. All of a sudden he saw my A game 3 days later and also asked other people who are outstanding players and found out how i really shoot. I was lol WTF changed in the last 3 days and he told me he just asked other people and found he really shouldn'd spot against me. I still asked for the spot on the 8 and he stopped asking me to play. THEN I got impatient 2 weeks later and asked him to play straight up , (cause  got on a nice hot streak on 3 days against my friend who's a bigtime pro  who didn't play in the pros because he got married ) I  figured i'd take advantage of my hot streak because it was beyond my A game and I was learning a lot of pointers from my friend , the pro (lefty Bob, or Bob Labalestrier) . This guy who wanted to bet me never got a chance because he was playing other people and I ended waiting on 2 different nights for him to finish his other games. I ended up playing chess with my friends; 4 of 5 of them are better then me in pool one's a girl and so I ended up asking him if He or his cousins wants to bet me in chess lmao, i couldn't finish saying it without laughing lmao. So here I am right now and still waiting for action in pool.

    =======================
    If anyone wants to here funny stories or verify this stuff; I play at Q Billiards in Toms River. By close friend is Bob Labelestrier who goes by LEFTY BOB (you can see a video of him on youtube) AND everyone knows him in all the pool halls in NJ.

    BTW a ton of players come from here in  NJ  alone-- Steve Mizerak (RIP), Allen Hopkins ( a close friend) Loree John Jones (she owned a pool hall here in NJ but she had someone else watching and managing but there was drug action and her place closed down, as the story goes), --- btw Dawn Hopkins runs the APA but she's divorced from Allen and they still have a kid together, or he has a kid from a previous marriage. EARL STRICKLAND IS from NJ I believe and he's got a bigger temper then people realize; he got kicked out got Steinway Billiards because of that. Earl is broke btw because of his temper really and the fact no one will play him but pros with spots (but not Efren Reyes or a few others) because he's so good. Jeanette LEE isn't from NJ but from Queens shooting out of Steinway Billiards and my friend Bob knows here really well that she gives him a big hug during her exebitions (there's vids on youTube of her losing 9 ball single games to 14 year olds lol). THERE's NO money in pool really and the only reason Jeanette Lee has money is because she's married to a millionare, she has sponsers, and does exhibitions. She's basically gorgeous and an outstanding player and person in realy life.

    BTW Vivian Villareal is in real trouble because she collected  buy-in money from a tournament that was cancelled in Atlantic City called the Thunder Open cancelled in November ( sponsor backed out in the last second) . She never gave back this money and now can't show her face anywhere.... She's really shady character, stories like this pop up about her a lot. I was so pissed because I wanted to meet everyone especially Allen Hopkins , Jeanette Lee and most of all Eva Mataya, the striking Viking . y




        
    Reply
    I already quit many years ago. I just like the action basically; small time bets but big bets when I started playing pool in college freshmen year at Boston U.
          I can easily walk up and down the cheesy ( I still find the beauty in it)  Atlantic City ( I'm from the Jersey Shore , Toms River  about 45 min away ) boardwalk and have fun without betting BUT that might change with sports betting going on now.

         I'll only think of betting when I shoot pool against an impatient idiot who will give me a ridiculous spot; I already told them I don't bet,  if you think I don't need a spot on the 7 and 8 or just 8 then come back if you can't find anyone to bet because I'd rather bet some College football game (  tail my friends then look at defenses; still a coin flip). If everyone in the room thinks I can beat that person them straight up I still ask for the spot 'cause it never hurts. Steve Mizerak wrote that in his book a long time ago to always ask for a spot, you can laugh about it if it seems crazy to them. That one person (impatient idoit, kid) might come back when he can't find action on a dead night then I'll bet playing 9 ball with that spot on the eight. It's a layup for me cause i'll play safes at the right moment and it's just a race to 5 anyway. If a miracle happens an he wins 3 in a row , I'll stop and call it a night but that never happens. This same guy started to spot me when he saw me warmup and i only had my C game. My weakness is I take a while to warmup and that can be annoying for someone who's waiting. All of a sudden he saw my A game 3 days later and also asked other people who are outstanding players and found out how i really shoot. I was lol WTF changed in the last 3 days and he told me he just asked other people and found he really shouldn'd spot against me. I still asked for the spot on the 8 and he stopped asking me to play. THEN I got impatient 2 weeks later and asked him to play straight up , (cause  got on a nice hot streak on 3 days against my friend who's a bigtime pro  who didn't play in the pros because he got married ) I  figured i'd take advantage of my hot streak because it was beyond my A game and I was learning a lot of pointers from my friend , the pro (lefty Bob, or Bob Labalestrier) . This guy who wanted to bet me never got a chance because he was playing other people and I ended waiting on 2 different nights for him to finish his other games. I ended up playing chess with my friends; 4 of 5 of them are better then me in pool one's a girl and so I ended up asking him if He or his cousins wants to bet me in chess lmao, i couldn't finish saying it without laughing lmao. So here I am right now and still waiting for action in pool.

    =======================
    If anyone wants to here funny stories or verify this stuff; I play at Q Billiards in Toms River. By close friend is Bob Labelestrier who goes by LEFTY BOB (you can see a video of him on youtube) AND everyone knows him in all the pool halls in NJ.

    BTW a ton of players come from here in  NJ  alone-- Steve Mizerak (RIP), Allen Hopkins ( a close friend) Loree John Jones (she owned a pool hall here in NJ but she had someone else watching and managing but there was drug action and her place closed down, as the story goes), --- btw Dawn Hopkins runs the APA but she's divorced from Allen and they still have a kid together, or he has a kid from a previous marriage. EARL STRICKLAND IS from NJ I believe and he's got a bigger temper then people realize; he got kicked out got Steinway Billiards because of that. Earl is broke btw because of his temper really and the fact no one will play him but pros with spots (but not Efren Reyes or a few others) because he's so good. Jeanette LEE isn't from NJ but from Queens shooting out of Steinway Billiards and my friend Bob knows here really well that she gives him a big hug during her exebitions (there's vids on youTube of her losing 9 ball single games to 14 year olds lol). THERE's NO money in pool really and the only reason Jeanette Lee has money is because she's married to a millionare, she has sponsers, and does exhibitions. She's basically gorgeous and an outstanding player and person in realy life.

    BTW Vivian Villareal is in real trouble because she collected  buy-in money from a tournament that was cancelled in Atlantic City called the Thunder Open cancelled in November ( sponsor backed out in the last second) . She never gave back this money and now can't show her face anywhere.... She's really shady character, stories like this pop up about her a lot. I was so pissed because I wanted to meet everyone especially Allen Hopkins , Jeanette Lee and most of all Eva Mataya, the striking Viking . y




        
     
    ZiggyDawg
    ZiggyDawg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5532
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2019 - 11:26 AM ET #14

    (continued )

    My friend Lefty Bob makes fun of the fact that I have a Crush on Eva Mataya cause she's now old and full of caked makeup on her face; I guess he has a point.
    BTW a lot of these guys and girls are hilarious 'cause you can imagine most of them grew up on pool halls at a young age and here one liners all the time.

    I PROBABLY said too much BUT STOP in and say hello to me at Q Billiards in Toms River , NJ. --- I'm Vinnie, I'm Filipino and they know me, all the regulars do , the owner in Dominick and the front desk guy is Wayne ... all friendly people , and  I shoot on THUR to SUN. The only reason they know me well is because I became close friends with Lefty Bob and it's really awkward walking into a pool hall with him because everyone thinks I might be something special so I need to shoot my A game or something. I'm decent enough to play for money BUT I have to relearn the game from the beggining as Bob tells me if I really want to improve to a different level ; kinda like Tiger has to change his swing or that idiot (what's his name in the Lakers) need to fix his jump shot. I'm gonna take lessons from a nice lady named Billie Billing who's a great teacher and great personality who teaches out of Howell... If you guys ever want a lesson ask for her at SidePocket in Howell NJ. --- www.billiebilliards.com
    --- billiebilliards@yahoo.com ---- She'll remember me because she was nice enough to give me some free pointers and I ended up winning 2 eight ball games and 3 nine ball games in a race to ten on both but it never got to all 10 --- i got lucky but showed skill on the runouts. She will work with you and is flexible if u think u might not afford it --- $40 deposit for first lesson and negotiate from there.  I joked with her , OH F' ... do you teach people how NOT to CHOKE and she looked me dead in the eye and said yes and I instantly knew what she was talking about.... I know about hitting foul shots , outside shots in hoops ...and hitting 1 and 2nd serves in tennis ...my best sport BUT it's a lil different with pool.

    (wow I wrote a lot)

    IF you guys ever want to hear funny stories about these pros just ask me. A lot of these guys are misfits and some of the funniest guys in the world.

    BUT YES the OP is right on the money.
    There's a good reason why they don't have books in college for betting and doing all this --- I'm NOT talking about game theory stats courses on counting cards or anything like that. SO JUST do it for fun and the shts n giggles.

    Reply
    (continued )

    My friend Lefty Bob makes fun of the fact that I have a Crush on Eva Mataya cause she's now old and full of caked makeup on her face; I guess he has a point.
    BTW a lot of these guys and girls are hilarious 'cause you can imagine most of them grew up on pool halls at a young age and here one liners all the time.

    I PROBABLY said too much BUT STOP in and say hello to me at Q Billiards in Toms River , NJ. --- I'm Vinnie, I'm Filipino and they know me, all the regulars do , the owner in Dominick and the front desk guy is Wayne ... all friendly people , and  I shoot on THUR to SUN. The only reason they know me well is because I became close friends with Lefty Bob and it's really awkward walking into a pool hall with him because everyone thinks I might be something special so I need to shoot my A game or something. I'm decent enough to play for money BUT I have to relearn the game from the beggining as Bob tells me if I really want to improve to a different level ; kinda like Tiger has to change his swing or that idiot (what's his name in the Lakers) need to fix his jump shot. I'm gonna take lessons from a nice lady named Billie Billing who's a great teacher and great personality who teaches out of Howell... If you guys ever want a lesson ask for her at SidePocket in Howell NJ. --- www.billiebilliards.com
    --- billiebilliards@yahoo.com ---- She'll remember me because she was nice enough to give me some free pointers and I ended up winning 2 eight ball games and 3 nine ball games in a race to ten on both but it never got to all 10 --- i got lucky but showed skill on the runouts. She will work with you and is flexible if u think u might not afford it --- $40 deposit for first lesson and negotiate from there.  I joked with her , OH F' ... do you teach people how NOT to CHOKE and she looked me dead in the eye and said yes and I instantly knew what she was talking about.... I know about hitting foul shots , outside shots in hoops ...and hitting 1 and 2nd serves in tennis ...my best sport BUT it's a lil different with pool.

    (wow I wrote a lot)

    IF you guys ever want to hear funny stories about these pros just ask me. A lot of these guys are misfits and some of the funniest guys in the world.

    BUT YES the OP is right on the money.
    There's a good reason why they don't have books in college for betting and doing all this --- I'm NOT talking about game theory stats courses on counting cards or anything like that. SO JUST do it for fun and the shts n giggles.

     
    ZiggyDawg
    ZiggyDawg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5532
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2019 - 11:36 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Prepare for the dreaded "money management" patronizing posts upcoming shortly. They have themselves under total control and rarely if ever lose anything. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Prepare for the dreaded "money management" patronizing posts upcoming shortly. They have themselves under total control and rarely if ever lose anything. 


     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2019 - 4:57 PM ET #16

    Who was the female billiards player with the huge rack?

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Who was the female billiards player with the huge rack?

     
    ZiggyDawg
    ZiggyDawg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5532
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2019 - 7:40 PM ET #17

    Stu, Loree Jon Jones had a nice rack:

    Mike Sigel vs Loree Jon Jones $150,000 Final Match:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GFl7QvNU00

    BUT I think I know who you're talking about. Someone had a really big rack and you wondered how she can shoot with it. Kinda' like "whats her name , older lady"}   who played golf.


    Reply
    Stu, Loree Jon Jones had a nice rack:

    Mike Sigel vs Loree Jon Jones $150,000 Final Match:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GFl7QvNU00

    BUT I think I know who you're talking about. Someone had a really big rack and you wondered how she can shoot with it. Kinda' like "whats her name , older lady"}   who played golf.


     
    DiverRon
    DiverRon
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 3837
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2019 - 10:29 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGape:

    Im an intelligent guy and I know sports like you wouldnt believe. Ive had a lot of great runs over the years. But I am not ahead overall in the long run. Even if I was the amount certainly would not justify the amount of time Ive spent on this crap. Do yourselves a favor and quit, nobody wins at this crap. Even if you do you will give it all back and then some. Its inevitable. There are evil forces at work. Gambling is backed by the devil himself. Its an evil act. Theres more to life than this. We are all sick.

     

    For the majority who lose it's entertainment and there aint no entertainment fo free!

    Funny you say this I remember guys waiting in treasure island with me for noodle kitchen and when the 

    guy left the table he hit his phone and was playing multihand BJ at $25 a hand, that's addiction! 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGape:

    Im an intelligent guy and I know sports like you wouldnt believe. Ive had a lot of great runs over the years. But I am not ahead overall in the long run. Even if I was the amount certainly would not justify the amount of time Ive spent on this crap. Do yourselves a favor and quit, nobody wins at this crap. Even if you do you will give it all back and then some. Its inevitable. There are evil forces at work. Gambling is backed by the devil himself. Its an evil act. Theres more to life than this. We are all sick.

     

    For the majority who lose it's entertainment and there aint no entertainment fo free!

    Funny you say this I remember guys waiting in treasure island with me for noodle kitchen and when the 

    guy left the table he hit his phone and was playing multihand BJ at $25 a hand, that's addiction! 

     
    gold6185
    gold6185
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 1168
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2019 - 11:21 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGape:

    Im an intelligent guy and I know sports like you wouldnt believe. Ive had a lot of great runs over the years. But I am not ahead overall in the long run. Even if I was the amount certainly would not justify the amount of time Ive spent on this crap. Do yourselves a favor and quit, nobody wins at this crap. Even if you do you will give it all back and then some. Its inevitable.

    There are evil forces at work. Gambling is backed by the devil himself. Its an evil act. Theres more to life than this. We are all sick.

    There's no evil forces at work. You're laying 11 to win 10 which is a losing proposition from the get go. You want to win-become a bookmaker-end of story.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGape:

    Im an intelligent guy and I know sports like you wouldnt believe. Ive had a lot of great runs over the years. But I am not ahead overall in the long run. Even if I was the amount certainly would not justify the amount of time Ive spent on this crap. Do yourselves a favor and quit, nobody wins at this crap. Even if you do you will give it all back and then some. Its inevitable.

    There are evil forces at work. Gambling is backed by the devil himself. Its an evil act. Theres more to life than this. We are all sick.

    There's no evil forces at work. You're laying 11 to win 10 which is a losing proposition from the get go. You want to win-become a bookmaker-end of story.
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2019 - 11:55 PM ET #20

    Karen Corr.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Karen Corr.

     
    ZiggyDawg
    ZiggyDawg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5532
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2019 - 1:42 AM ET #21

    thanks Stu , yeah that's her . Karen Corr . I remember her on ESPN playing Allison Fisher all the time.
    Reply
    thanks Stu , yeah that's her . Karen Corr . I remember her on ESPN playing Allison Fisher all the time.
     
    JumpinJeremy55
    JumpinJeremy55
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2017
    Posts: 3094
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2019 - 4:44 AM ET #22

    u need a better winning strategy 

    j
    Reply

    u need a better winning strategy 

     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2019 - 1:36 PM ET #23

    Them that Can, Do.Them that Can't, Bittch. 
    Reply
    Them that Can, Do.Them that Can't, Bittch. 
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2019 - 4:52 PM ET #24

    How many of these boo boo threads did you create just commented on the NBA one.... man get a grip a hob and don't bet. Please or grow up. 

    Reply

    How many of these boo boo threads did you create just commented on the NBA one.... man get a grip a hob and don't bet. Please or grow up. 

     
     
    DiverRon
    DiverRon
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 3837
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2019 - 10:45 PM ET #25

    Jimmy,

    I hear you. The best you could do is as follows and it will sound ridiculous and it is not alot of fun.

    Open up 10 accounts put in no less than 5K in each account and just look for little arbitrage opps, (google arbitrage in sports);
    I do not do this by the way; Vanzack and a few others might add to this but not easy and work!
    If you are like fuck that 2nd best thing you can do is put like 5K into a few books each, or even just 1 book 
    if you are short on cash and literally bet 1-2% on each game and handicap the shit out of games best you can;
    risk to ruin is smallest like that; you are not going to be getting rich and over long term will probably lose but it will
    be really slow and low and you won't have to keep annying up mo and mo moneey for deposits by blowing your load with 
    too much on each game like most do! Seriously though, If you are addicted to this like most are here do one of the 2 above! 

    new_devil

    Reply

    Jimmy,

    I hear you. The best you could do is as follows and it will sound ridiculous and it is not alot of fun.

    Open up 10 accounts put in no less than 5K in each account and just look for little arbitrage opps, (google arbitrage in sports);
    I do not do this by the way; Vanzack and a few others might add to this but not easy and work!
    If you are like fuck that 2nd best thing you can do is put like 5K into a few books each, or even just 1 book 
    if you are short on cash and literally bet 1-2% on each game and handicap the shit out of games best you can;
    risk to ruin is smallest like that; you are not going to be getting rich and over long term will probably lose but it will
    be really slow and low and you won't have to keep annying up mo and mo moneey for deposits by blowing your load with 
    too much on each game like most do! Seriously though, If you are addicted to this like most are here do one of the 2 above! 

    new_devil

    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,886
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,601
    • MLB Playoffs 16,931
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,220
    • PART DEUX 137
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,362
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,258
    • Week 6 Money 5,668
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,147

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.