• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Do you believe in God?

    12 Next Last»
    TheGoldenGoose
    Doja45
    nature1970
    Mark_The_Narc
    jmw59
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2094
    Posts: 32
    12 Next Last»
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Oct. 2, 2018 - 1:07 AM ET #1

    Do you believe in God?

    Do you believe in some kind of higher power?

    I would be interested in hearing your personal life stories.

    The reason I ask is because of our Grandfather Clock.  We have a simple Miller Grandfather Clock.  A cheapee... cost about $1500 new.  But it is special because that is how my handicapped son John learned how to tell time.  By the Westminster Chimes.

    I've owned it now for about 25 years but it hasn't been working for the last half year.  Anybody who knows me also knows the story so please don't ask where I have been over the last half year.

    I have attempted to get it going for a few weeks now.  Balanced it with a professional level, adjusted the four corners, nothing seemed to work.

    Finally, in desperation, I knelt down in front of it and prayed to God to PLEASE make it work again.  My handicapped son needed it, it was not for me, but to please make it work for my son.

    It has started again after being six months completely stopped.

    It has been keeping perfect time for the last six hours and I am completely dumbfounded.   
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Do you believe in God?

    Do you believe in some kind of higher power?

    I would be interested in hearing your personal life stories.

    The reason I ask is because of our Grandfather Clock.  We have a simple Miller Grandfather Clock.  A cheapee... cost about $1500 new.  But it is special because that is how my handicapped son John learned how to tell time.  By the Westminster Chimes.

    I've owned it now for about 25 years but it hasn't been working for the last half year.  Anybody who knows me also knows the story so please don't ask where I have been over the last half year.

    I have attempted to get it going for a few weeks now.  Balanced it with a professional level, adjusted the four corners, nothing seemed to work.

    Finally, in desperation, I knelt down in front of it and prayed to God to PLEASE make it work again.  My handicapped son needed it, it was not for me, but to please make it work for my son.

    It has started again after being six months completely stopped.

    It has been keeping perfect time for the last six hours and I am completely dumbfounded.   
     
    Doja45
    Doja45
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 2304
    Posted: Oct. 2, 2018 - 1:31 AM ET #2

    Keaton once said “I don’t believe in God, but I’m afraid of him”

    Well I believe in God and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze 

    Reply

    Keaton once said “I don’t believe in God, but I’m afraid of him”

    Well I believe in God and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze 

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Oct. 2, 2018 - 2:21 AM ET #3


    Please do not confuse your Soze with my Zoso.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Please do not confuse your Soze with my Zoso.
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Oct. 2, 2018 - 10:28 AM ET #4

    Yes , but I can not define this. I was alone sitting on a bench watching the stars. I was melancholy, I saw all of creation drop as a tear. Everything was white for what was a millinia but not even a second I was in what was. Everything returned when I felt what happened to my friends. Strangest thing I was awake ..... and thought of the stones lyric Queen Of The angels cry.

    Reply

    Yes , but I can not define this. I was alone sitting on a bench watching the stars. I was melancholy, I saw all of creation drop as a tear. Everything was white for what was a millinia but not even a second I was in what was. Everything returned when I felt what happened to my friends. Strangest thing I was awake ..... and thought of the stones lyric Queen Of The angels cry.

     
    Mark_The_Narc
    Mark_The_Narc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 1987
    Posted: Oct. 2, 2018 - 11:26 AM ET #5

    I've personally seen him. He was a pretty decent player for Providence.
    Reply
    I've personally seen him. He was a pretty decent player for Providence.
     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Oct. 2, 2018 - 11:47 AM ET #6

    Yes indeed.  I've experienced many things to prove it to me.

    Faith alone is enough
    Reply
    Yes indeed.  I've experienced many things to prove it to me.

    Faith alone is enough
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Oct. 2, 2018 - 7:12 PM ET #7

    Yes, but you would know that coming from me Goose.  I have to believe that there is something greater than each and everyone of us.  I believe that there is a God in each of us, and communicates to us through people in our lives.  

    For the atheists, agnostics and doubters:  Pascal's Wager.  What do you have to lose?  

     

     

     

    Reply

    Yes, but you would know that coming from me Goose.  I have to believe that there is something greater than each and everyone of us.  I believe that there is a God in each of us, and communicates to us through people in our lives.  

    For the atheists, agnostics and doubters:  Pascal's Wager.  What do you have to lose?  

     

     

     

     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Oct. 2, 2018 - 7:36 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by jmw59:

    Yes indeed.  I've experienced many things to prove it to me.Faith alone is enough

    Nice. I'd pretty much sum it up the same way. To go into detail would be like writing a short story. He is real.  peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by jmw59:

    Yes indeed.  I've experienced many things to prove it to me.Faith alone is enough

    Nice. I'd pretty much sum it up the same way. To go into detail would be like writing a short story. He is real.  peace_5

     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Oct. 2, 2018 - 9:34 PM ET #9

    You know the difference from a prayer in Church, and a prayer in a casino?

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    In a casino...............................................................................................THEY REALLY MEAN IT!

    Reply

    You know the difference from a prayer in Church, and a prayer in a casino?

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    In a casino...............................................................................................THEY REALLY MEAN IT!

     
    vetdrm
    vetdrm
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 14987
    Posted: Oct. 2, 2018 - 11:13 PM ET #10

    Goose - Happy for you and your son

    Doja - Great movie
    jmw- Faith alone brother
    Hawk- That is rich
    Just got back from Xcalak in Mexico.
    Had squatters on my land for over 5 years  Could not sell it with a realtor because of it.Prayed a long time.Speak little spanish and was at the end of my rope. Well lets just say a Miracle happened.
    And now, not only is he leaving in 30 days but hes clearing out all the shi*t hes put there,so I dont have to worry about the next sob taking over. Without his demands I never thought Id get this beautiful ocean front lot back.I had people come to my aid I never knew existed .Yeah, without prayer I was screwed. No way no how.


    Reply
    Goose - Happy for you and your son

    Doja - Great movie
    jmw- Faith alone brother
    Hawk- That is rich
    Just got back from Xcalak in Mexico.
    Had squatters on my land for over 5 years  Could not sell it with a realtor because of it.Prayed a long time.Speak little spanish and was at the end of my rope. Well lets just say a Miracle happened.
    And now, not only is he leaving in 30 days but hes clearing out all the shi*t hes put there,so I dont have to worry about the next sob taking over. Without his demands I never thought Id get this beautiful ocean front lot back.I had people come to my aid I never knew existed .Yeah, without prayer I was screwed. No way no how.


     
    ZiggyDawg
    ZiggyDawg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5532
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2018 - 1:05 AM ET #11

    I believe in God and it's based on faith also. I go to mass every Sunday but I'm no angel. I still find myself praying for stupid sh-it like getting laid as often as possible or for luck in gambling or anything for that matter but I seriously doubt God cares about my small self-serving prayers when there are millions of children dying of starvation in front of their parents and they can't do anything about it. I try to remember to always be thankful and grateful for everything i have even the little things because I always felt I probably have a lot more in my life than I really deserve to have and so I thank God for everything even though all isn't perfect.
    Reply
    I believe in God and it's based on faith also. I go to mass every Sunday but I'm no angel. I still find myself praying for stupid sh-it like getting laid as often as possible or for luck in gambling or anything for that matter but I seriously doubt God cares about my small self-serving prayers when there are millions of children dying of starvation in front of their parents and they can't do anything about it. I try to remember to always be thankful and grateful for everything i have even the little things because I always felt I probably have a lot more in my life than I really deserve to have and so I thank God for everything even though all isn't perfect.
     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2018 - 11:45 AM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    Nice. I'd pretty much sum it up the same way. To go into detail would be like writing a short story. He is real.  peace_5


    Amen brother
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    Nice. I'd pretty much sum it up the same way. To go into detail would be like writing a short story. He is real.  peace_5


    Amen brother
     
    JumpinJeremy55
    JumpinJeremy55
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2017
    Posts: 3094
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2018 - 2:02 AM ET #13

    i dont believe sorry 

    j
    Reply

    i dont believe sorry 

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2018 - 11:15 AM ET #14


    Update: The Grandfather Clock has been keeping perfect time and chimes every 15 minutes right on schedule.  The three weights must be hand-keyed back up even seven days so we'll see how that goes on Tuesday.  Praise the Lord!!!
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Update: The Grandfather Clock has been keeping perfect time and chimes every 15 minutes right on schedule.  The three weights must be hand-keyed back up even seven days so we'll see how that goes on Tuesday.  Praise the Lord!!!
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2018 - 3:26 PM ET #15

    Uri Geller use to restart wristwatches that had stopped working by holding the watch in his Hand and directing his Mental Energy to the Watch,he restarted many.
    Uri Geller was a self-absorbed Israeli Psychic who made a good living in the 60's doing shows like a modern day Houdini and would attribute his Powers to a Run-in he had with Space Aliens when he was a Child in Israel.
    There are Many Things Between Heaven and Earth UnDreamt of in your Philosphies,Horatio.
    Reply
    Uri Geller use to restart wristwatches that had stopped working by holding the watch in his Hand and directing his Mental Energy to the Watch,he restarted many.
    Uri Geller was a self-absorbed Israeli Psychic who made a good living in the 60's doing shows like a modern day Houdini and would attribute his Powers to a Run-in he had with Space Aliens when he was a Child in Israel.
    There are Many Things Between Heaven and Earth UnDreamt of in your Philosphies,Horatio.
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2018 - 3:49 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    Uri Geller use to restart wristwatches that had stopped working by holding the watch in his Hand and directing his Mental Energy to the Watch,he restarted many.Uri Geller was a self-absorbed Israeli Psychic who made a good living in the 60's doing shows like a modern day Houdini and would attribute his Powers to a Run-in he had with Space Aliens when he was a Child in Israel.There are Many Things Between Heaven and Earth UnDreamt of in your Philosphies,Horatio.
    a nik name not used in quite some time 6 interesting.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    Uri Geller use to restart wristwatches that had stopped working by holding the watch in his Hand and directing his Mental Energy to the Watch,he restarted many.Uri Geller was a self-absorbed Israeli Psychic who made a good living in the 60's doing shows like a modern day Houdini and would attribute his Powers to a Run-in he had with Space Aliens when he was a Child in Israel.There are Many Things Between Heaven and Earth UnDreamt of in your Philosphies,Horatio.
    a nik name not used in quite some time 6 interesting.

     
    Raiderpug
    Raiderpug
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 3007
    Posted: Oct. 5, 2018 - 1:56 AM ET #17

    No God

    Besides

    "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." GC

     

    Reply

    No God

    Besides

    "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." GC

     

     
    MIZUNO22
    MIZUNO22
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 648
    Posted: Oct. 5, 2018 - 10:22 PM ET #18

    I've received way too many answers to prayer to pawn it all off as coincedence.

    Reply

    I've received way too many answers to prayer to pawn it all off as coincedence.

     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2018 - 8:07 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderpug:

    No God Besides "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." GC

    Since when is God a group? The reason that person rejected Jesus is because they were looking for a Super Hero instead of a leader of love,forgiveness.and hope. He proved that by dying on the cross and forgiving everyone involved in his death. He also explains to another man on the cross besides him that "after today you shall join me in Paradise." 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderpug:

    No God Besides "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." GC

    Since when is God a group? The reason that person rejected Jesus is because they were looking for a Super Hero instead of a leader of love,forgiveness.and hope. He proved that by dying on the cross and forgiving everyone involved in his death. He also explains to another man on the cross besides him that "after today you shall join me in Paradise." 

     
    Jet_Mutley
    Jet_Mutley
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2018
    Posts: 164
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2018 - 8:03 PM ET #20

    I believe in God and His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.  I'm not religious at all, nor would many believe me that I am a believer. 

    Got saved as a kid.   Stole some stuff in elementary school, heard a Baptist preacher rant. 


    Reply

    I believe in God and His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.  I'm not religious at all, nor would many believe me that I am a believer. 

    Got saved as a kid.   Stole some stuff in elementary school, heard a Baptist preacher rant. 


     
    Qwan61
    Qwan61
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2016
    Posts: 1882
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2018 - 9:18 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Do you believe in God?Do you believe in some kind of higher power?I would be interested in hearing your personal life stories.The reason I ask is because of our Grandfather Clock.  We have a simple Miller Grandfather Clock.  A cheapee... cost about $1500 new.  But it is special because that is how my handicapped son John learned how to tell time.  By the Westminster Chimes.I've owned it now for about 25 years but it hasn't been working for the last half year.  Anybody who knows me also knows the story so please don't ask where I have been over the last half year.I have attempted to get it going for a few weeks now.  Balanced it with a professional level, adjusted the four corners, nothing seemed to work.Finally, in desperation, I knelt down in front of it and prayed to God to PLEASE make it work again.  My handicapped son needed it, it was not for me, but to please make it work for my son.It has started again after being six months completely stopped.It has been keeping perfect time for the last six hours and I am completely dumbfounded.

     

    I believe in God for sure. Many things point to a higher power. Prophecies written in 70 AD tell of the 'mark of the beast' which meant nothing for centuries but we know that is coming. Search "Wisconsin Firm Chips Its Employees".

     

    One time I was walking into Walmart and they had some charity deal set up in front. Something told me in my heart in these exact words, "if 10000 people walk buy and give nothing YOU be the one who does". I mean it was so heartfelt....I almost felt like crying. I only gave a dollar...so trivial.

     

    Then, I get done shopping and heading back to my car. It was a 25 mph windy day. Right along the pathway to my car I look down and find a 10 dollar bill. It was a very busy day and windy the timing for me to be at that exact spot had to be precise.

     

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Do you believe in God?Do you believe in some kind of higher power?I would be interested in hearing your personal life stories.The reason I ask is because of our Grandfather Clock.  We have a simple Miller Grandfather Clock.  A cheapee... cost about $1500 new.  But it is special because that is how my handicapped son John learned how to tell time.  By the Westminster Chimes.I've owned it now for about 25 years but it hasn't been working for the last half year.  Anybody who knows me also knows the story so please don't ask where I have been over the last half year.I have attempted to get it going for a few weeks now.  Balanced it with a professional level, adjusted the four corners, nothing seemed to work.Finally, in desperation, I knelt down in front of it and prayed to God to PLEASE make it work again.  My handicapped son needed it, it was not for me, but to please make it work for my son.It has started again after being six months completely stopped.It has been keeping perfect time for the last six hours and I am completely dumbfounded.

     

    I believe in God for sure. Many things point to a higher power. Prophecies written in 70 AD tell of the 'mark of the beast' which meant nothing for centuries but we know that is coming. Search "Wisconsin Firm Chips Its Employees".

     

    One time I was walking into Walmart and they had some charity deal set up in front. Something told me in my heart in these exact words, "if 10000 people walk buy and give nothing YOU be the one who does". I mean it was so heartfelt....I almost felt like crying. I only gave a dollar...so trivial.

     

    Then, I get done shopping and heading back to my car. It was a 25 mph windy day. Right along the pathway to my car I look down and find a 10 dollar bill. It was a very busy day and windy the timing for me to be at that exact spot had to be precise.

     

     

     
    SoFlo954
    SoFlo954
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 163
    Posted: Oct. 25, 2018 - 12:00 AM ET #22

    Beautiful story. God is all around us.  

    Reply

    Beautiful story. God is all around us.  

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2018 - 10:38 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderpug:

    No God Besides "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." GC
    Since when is God a group? ."
    seams somewhere it was written the heavenly hosts. And that being a plural. Again genesis chapter 6 speaks of the sons of god and the daughters of man.... but I guess modern religious leaders can pick and choose what they wish to believe from the Bible....

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderpug:

    No God Besides "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." GC
    Since when is God a group? ."
    seams somewhere it was written the heavenly hosts. And that being a plural. Again genesis chapter 6 speaks of the sons of god and the daughters of man.... but I guess modern religious leaders can pick and choose what they wish to believe from the Bible....

     
    idle_havoc
    idle_havoc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 4518
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2018 - 6:54 PM ET #24

    Thread kinda reminds of a line in a Dire Straits song

    "two men say they're Jesus, one of them must be wrong"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3X3rKtruSg

     

    Gotta go pee!
    Reply

    Thread kinda reminds of a line in a Dire Straits song

    "two men say they're Jesus, one of them must be wrong"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3X3rKtruSg

     

     
     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2018 - 9:03 PM ET #25

    vote no god.

    Reply

    vote no god.

    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,886
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,605
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • MLB Playoffs 16,944
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,230
    • PART DEUX 138
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,362
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,258
    • Week 6 Money 5,715
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,147

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.