2 guests his first week (night?) are George Clooney (doesn't have a movie coming out but is Charter Member Hollywood Progressive) and George Bush(Republican candidate for POUS but not doing a very good job of it and Countryclub Conservative which is the kind the leftist love).
So they replace Letterman with a Progressive who wants to come to work each night.
2 guests his first week (night?) are George Clooney (doesn't have a movie coming out but is Charter Member Hollywood Progressive) and George Bush(Republican candidate for POUS but not doing a very good job of it and Countryclub Conservative which is the kind the leftist love).
So they replace Letterman with a Progressive who wants to come to work each night.
2 guests his first week (night?) are George Clooney (doesn't have a movie coming out but is Charter Member Hollywood Progressive) and George Bush(Republican candidate for POUS but not doing a very good job of it and Countryclub Conservative which is the kind the leftist love).
So they replace Letterman with a Progressive who wants to come to work each night.
Maybe you shouldn't vote next year.....
Maybe sit this one out.....
Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:
2 guests his first week (night?) are George Clooney (doesn't have a movie coming out but is Charter Member Hollywood Progressive) and George Bush(Republican candidate for POUS but not doing a very good job of it and Countryclub Conservative which is the kind the leftist love).
So they replace Letterman with a Progressive who wants to come to work each night.
Fallon sucks.........have no idea how he got a show.
Colbert is apparently going a completely different route than his character from the Report. His work, outside of that character, is intelligent, original and solid substance. I think people will find the show completely different from Report, and entertaining. IMO of course.
Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:
Fallon sucks.........have no idea how he got a show.
Colbert is apparently going a completely different route than his character from the Report. His work, outside of that character, is intelligent, original and solid substance. I think people will find the show completely different from Report, and entertaining. IMO of course.
Well, I watched the whole thing. It wasn't the least bit funny and the interviews were ridiculous. One was worse than the other. Lame does not begin to adequately convey how absolutely lacking this show was.Just awful.
Well, I watched the whole thing. It wasn't the least bit funny and the interviews were ridiculous. One was worse than the other. Lame does not begin to adequately convey how absolutely lacking this show was.Just awful.
Well, I watched the whole thing. It wasn't the least bit funny and the interviews were ridiculous. One was worse than the other. Lame does not begin to adequately convey how absolutely lacking this show was.Just awful.
I could not not agree with you more; it doesn't take a 'critic' to comprehend this show is a flop, it's not about "give it a chance" it had it's chance, Colbert needs to be Americanized to comedy, something that's just not their; I enjoyed Letterman, and could go as far as to say I was a fan, and sad to see him retire, he'll be missed by many, unfortunately his replacement could not carry his jock strap, let a lone wear it...look for Colbert to be replaced ASA contracually possible.....this late night extravaganza is going nowhere
Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:
Well, I watched the whole thing. It wasn't the least bit funny and the interviews were ridiculous. One was worse than the other. Lame does not begin to adequately convey how absolutely lacking this show was.Just awful.
I could not not agree with you more; it doesn't take a 'critic' to comprehend this show is a flop, it's not about "give it a chance" it had it's chance, Colbert needs to be Americanized to comedy, something that's just not their; I enjoyed Letterman, and could go as far as to say I was a fan, and sad to see him retire, he'll be missed by many, unfortunately his replacement could not carry his jock strap, let a lone wear it...look for Colbert to be replaced ASA contracually possible.....this late night extravaganza is going nowhere
Jeb Bush is a very, very, weird dude, makes one wonder how on earth he became the governor of Florida, the interview last night was more annoying than humorous. red faced, and sweat beads included, and that fake laugh, and smile were downright ridiculous Will be watching tonight, see what happens/dialogue
Jeb Bush is a very, very, weird dude, makes one wonder how on earth he became the governor of Florida, the interview last night was more annoying than humorous. red faced, and sweat beads included, and that fake laugh, and smile were downright ridiculous Will be watching tonight, see what happens/dialogue
Jeb Bush is not weird. He would make a decent POTUS. He is Jeb Bush, being very nervous because he now realizes he needs to be out of his comfort zone to win this. He is not doing well. Old GOP types are out of fashion. It is about time somebody delivered the message. I just don't think Trump has the staying power.
Jeb Bush is not weird. He would make a decent POTUS. He is Jeb Bush, being very nervous because he now realizes he needs to be out of his comfort zone to win this. He is not doing well. Old GOP types are out of fashion. It is about time somebody delivered the message. I just don't think Trump has the staying power.
give him and his team time to get in a groove. Good or bad it will probably take weeks / months to know for sure.
This is certainly reasonable, but I wonder how realistic it is to expect viewers to labor through boring, unfunny hours of late night TV waiting to see whether the host can hit his stride ( if, in fact, he has one, outside of political satire ). I seriously doubt whether today's viewer is willing to do that.
I am curious to know whether anyone found it to be a good show.
Quote Originally Posted by mattbrot:
give him and his team time to get in a groove. Good or bad it will probably take weeks / months to know for sure.
This is certainly reasonable, but I wonder how realistic it is to expect viewers to labor through boring, unfunny hours of late night TV waiting to see whether the host can hit his stride ( if, in fact, he has one, outside of political satire ). I seriously doubt whether today's viewer is willing to do that.
I am curious to know whether anyone found it to be a good show.
Absolutely unwatchable. I think they are gearing this show toward the younger demographic, but it comes off as completely moronic. I thot the first twenty minutes would never come to an end bf the first interview with Clooney. The interview seemed to be cut short and seemed very awkward; then Jeb Bush comes on and another short, uninteresting bunch of babble. They spent more time with some sort of musical crap which was ridiculous. SIMPLY AWFUL. I deleted my timer!!
Absolutely unwatchable. I think they are gearing this show toward the younger demographic, but it comes off as completely moronic. I thot the first twenty minutes would never come to an end bf the first interview with Clooney. The interview seemed to be cut short and seemed very awkward; then Jeb Bush comes on and another short, uninteresting bunch of babble. They spent more time with some sort of musical crap which was ridiculous. SIMPLY AWFUL. I deleted my timer!!
Jeb Bush is a very, very, weird dude, makes one wonder how on earth he became the governor of Florida, the interview last night was more annoying than humorous. red faced, and sweat beads included, and that fake laugh, and smile were downright ridiculous Will be watching tonight, see what happens/dialogue
That says a lot about Florida......
Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:
Jeb Bush is a very, very, weird dude, makes one wonder how on earth he became the governor of Florida, the interview last night was more annoying than humorous. red faced, and sweat beads included, and that fake laugh, and smile were downright ridiculous Will be watching tonight, see what happens/dialogue
The guy is a natural. He'll have the seat for as long as he wants it.
The one thing about Colbert and Fallon that is a legit criticism is that they are both too nice and not willing to take political potshots against the prez/candidates like Leno/letterman did.
The guy is a natural. He'll have the seat for as long as he wants it.
The one thing about Colbert and Fallon that is a legit criticism is that they are both too nice and not willing to take political potshots against the prez/candidates like Leno/letterman did.
The guy is a natural. He'll have the seat for as long as he wants it.
The one thing about Colbert and Fallon that is a legit criticism is that they are both too nice and not willing to take political potshots against the prez/candidates like Leno/letterman did.
A 'natural' what? his seat is heating up, and it's only the first week! you evidently are not advertised on late night TV..he's being paid a lot of money to simply be funny, and he's not, how long do you think the sponsors are going to let his ratings plummet, every show has fallen to below par viewers
Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:
The guy is a natural. He'll have the seat for as long as he wants it.
The one thing about Colbert and Fallon that is a legit criticism is that they are both too nice and not willing to take political potshots against the prez/candidates like Leno/letterman did.
A 'natural' what? his seat is heating up, and it's only the first week! you evidently are not advertised on late night TV..he's being paid a lot of money to simply be funny, and he's not, how long do you think the sponsors are going to let his ratings plummet, every show has fallen to below par viewers
Colbert is feeling the heat already. He wore a "black lives matter" wristband on air.
How desperate do you need to be to put yourself there? I seriously doubt his reign on this show lasts more than one year... I think he will get yanked within a year with some crazy BS dialogue about "family" or something.
How many here identify with BLM? I rest my case
Colbert is feeling the heat already. He wore a "black lives matter" wristband on air.
How desperate do you need to be to put yourself there? I seriously doubt his reign on this show lasts more than one year... I think he will get yanked within a year with some crazy BS dialogue about "family" or something.
Colbert is feeling the heat already. He wore a "black lives matter" wristband on air.
How many here identify with BLM? I rest my case
To quote our resident race baiter from 5 posts above my own:
"The guy is a natural. He'll have the seat for as long as he wants it."
That's his target demographic, and that's also why every sane person with a brain in this thread thinks that so far, his show stinks. I watched the first show, and that "Everyday People" montage thing at the end (before Colbert came in and fukked it up) was pretty much the only semi-decent thing on the whole show!!! And that was his first show after taking over for a living legend? C'mon man! You gotta come out stronger than that!!
Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:
Colbert is feeling the heat already. He wore a "black lives matter" wristband on air.
How many here identify with BLM? I rest my case
To quote our resident race baiter from 5 posts above my own:
"The guy is a natural. He'll have the seat for as long as he wants it."
That's his target demographic, and that's also why every sane person with a brain in this thread thinks that so far, his show stinks. I watched the first show, and that "Everyday People" montage thing at the end (before Colbert came in and fukked it up) was pretty much the only semi-decent thing on the whole show!!! And that was his first show after taking over for a living legend? C'mon man! You gotta come out stronger than that!!