Posted:
#26
Quote Originally Posted by Killer_B:
As a small business owner in a town with a low cost of living and luckily in a red state instead of an insane blue state, up to date I don't have to deal with the government imposing some insane minimum wage. In the event that this would happen, prices would go up and I'd likely cut the staff to make this work. I'm quite happy that the California's & Washington's are going to do this first, let them deal with the wreckage this will cause. The "Minimum Wage" was never meant to be a "Living Wage" but DL criticizes the way things were in the 20th century as if they were backwards.
As a small business owner in a town with a low cost of living and luckily in a red state instead of an insane blue state, up to date I don't have to deal with the government imposing some insane minimum wage. In the event that this would happen, prices would go up and I'd likely cut the staff to make this work. I'm quite happy that the California's & Washington's are going to do this first, let them deal with the wreckage this will cause. The "Minimum Wage" was never meant to be a "Living Wage" but DL criticizes the way things were in the 20th century as if they were backwards.
Sure DL, the country had a manufacturing base for blue collar workers that made everything. In your new century the country makes next to nothing and state governments feel the need to raise the "minimum wage" because so many people are trying to live on it. Nearly no one made the minimum wage in the 70's & 80's, it was merely an entry level wage, I started at $2.35 an hour and there was no national movements to raise it to $8 (it would've been insane then as it is today). Hurray for Evolution!
Sorry I guess I don't see things through an emotional or partisan lens. I never said 20th century was backwards lol. It's funny how you make these untrue claims because that's how feel emotionally.
Keep talking about the 20th century. It only further proves my point.
Like I said this will favor the strong, the people and businesses that are intelligent, innovative, cost efficient, utilize technology and less dependent on workers.
This is simply blockbuster (20th century) vs redbox (21st century)
And the blockbuster people and businesses are completely terrified of the redbox people and businesses taking over. Then add in Netflix to the market and now the game is completely changed because of intelligence, innovation, technology, and less dependence on workers or even a physical site for people to waste their time going to to pick up their DVDs when they could just press play on Netflix.
Seems like the consumer benefits too from the innovation and convenience. And remember I'm not saying this is a good thing or a bad thing. I just don't view the world through an emotional lens or even worse a political and partisan lens.
That often leads to cart before horse arguments where the view is prescribed to you by your emotions or partisan rhetoric (left/right, red/blue). And then people try to find reasons to support their prescribed view or worse yet make numbers and things up.
