• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    blood pressure questions

    «First Previous 12
    BWS77
    searchwarrant
    idle_havoc
    buitrondana155
    DogbiteWilliams
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1791
    Posts: 33
    «First Previous 12
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Aug. 3, 2016 - 5:44 PM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

    why quit drinking coffee? I've never heard of coffee being a problem for people with BP problems, can you explain? thanks


    He said he has anxiety
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

    why quit drinking coffee? I've never heard of coffee being a problem for people with BP problems, can you explain? thanks


    He said he has anxiety
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Aug. 3, 2016 - 5:48 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

    why quit drinking coffee? I've never heard of coffee being a problem for people with BP problems, can you explain? thanks


    there is no explanation. coffee will elevate your hr & that's about it. If you're slugging a pot a day it'll tune up your bp. 
    We have 4 chambers in our hearts. They can take big time abuse. 
    Most amazing durable organ in the body. Get some diazapam 10mg's and sort through your stress. Ace inhibitors will lower your HR for sure but good luck running up an down the basketball court. You'll be gassed in 10 minutes.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

    why quit drinking coffee? I've never heard of coffee being a problem for people with BP problems, can you explain? thanks


    there is no explanation. coffee will elevate your hr & that's about it. If you're slugging a pot a day it'll tune up your bp. 
    We have 4 chambers in our hearts. They can take big time abuse. 
    Most amazing durable organ in the body. Get some diazapam 10mg's and sort through your stress. Ace inhibitors will lower your HR for sure but good luck running up an down the basketball court. You'll be gassed in 10 minutes.
     
    idle_havoc
    idle_havoc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 4518
    Posted: Aug. 3, 2016 - 6:34 PM ET #28

    Few months ago I went for my annual checkup and when they took my BP it was high, they did it a second time and it was a little lower but still high, they attributed the high readings to what they called " White Coat Syndrome"  the anxiety experienced when visiting a doctors office, later that week they set me up with a 24 hour monitor to check my pressure, after reading the data from the monitor it was determined by BP was a little high but nothing serious and with some changes to my diet my pressure reduced to normal within a couple days.

    Regardles of the severity of your BP you should watch your diet.
    Gotta go pee!
    Reply
    Few months ago I went for my annual checkup and when they took my BP it was high, they did it a second time and it was a little lower but still high, they attributed the high readings to what they called " White Coat Syndrome"  the anxiety experienced when visiting a doctors office, later that week they set me up with a 24 hour monitor to check my pressure, after reading the data from the monitor it was determined by BP was a little high but nothing serious and with some changes to my diet my pressure reduced to normal within a couple days.

    Regardles of the severity of your BP you should watch your diet.
     
    buitrondana155
    buitrondana155
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2016
    Posts: 68
    Posted: Aug. 3, 2016 - 10:54 PM ET #29

    Watch what you eat. For a 27 year old guy, that BP is quite high!
    Reply
    Watch what you eat. For a 27 year old guy, that BP is quite high!
     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6484
    Posted: Aug. 5, 2016 - 8:07 PM ET #30

    My brother is 10 years younger than I am and had to undergo an emergency triple bypass.  I was nervous, but when I was thoroughly checked I had only one bad marker and folic acid pills took care of that.

    My brother and I have similar genes and diets and neither one of us is an athlete.  I attribute my healthier heart and blood pressure to copious consumption of white tea which is even healthier than green tea because it is less oxidized.


    Tea's health benefits are largely due to its high content of flavonoids — plant-derived compounds that are antioxidants. Green tea is the best food source of a group called catechins. In test tubes, catechins are more powerful than vitamins C and E in halting oxidative damage to cells and appear to have other disease-fighting properties. Studies have found an association between consuming green tea and a reduced risk for several cancers, including, skin, breast, lung, colon, esophageal, and bladder.

    Additional benefits for regular consumers of green and black teas include a reduced risk for heart disease. The antioxidants in green, black, and oolong teas can help block the oxidation of LDL (bad) cholesterol, increase HDL (good) cholesterol and improve artery function. A Chinese study published recently in the Archives of Internal Medicine showed a 46%-65% reduction in hypertension risk in regular consumers of oolong or green tea, compared to non-consumers of tea.

    https://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/benefit_of_drinking_green_tea

    Good luck, OP.
    Reply
    My brother is 10 years younger than I am and had to undergo an emergency triple bypass.  I was nervous, but when I was thoroughly checked I had only one bad marker and folic acid pills took care of that.

    My brother and I have similar genes and diets and neither one of us is an athlete.  I attribute my healthier heart and blood pressure to copious consumption of white tea which is even healthier than green tea because it is less oxidized.


    Tea's health benefits are largely due to its high content of flavonoids — plant-derived compounds that are antioxidants. Green tea is the best food source of a group called catechins. In test tubes, catechins are more powerful than vitamins C and E in halting oxidative damage to cells and appear to have other disease-fighting properties. Studies have found an association between consuming green tea and a reduced risk for several cancers, including, skin, breast, lung, colon, esophageal, and bladder.

    Additional benefits for regular consumers of green and black teas include a reduced risk for heart disease. The antioxidants in green, black, and oolong teas can help block the oxidation of LDL (bad) cholesterol, increase HDL (good) cholesterol and improve artery function. A Chinese study published recently in the Archives of Internal Medicine showed a 46%-65% reduction in hypertension risk in regular consumers of oolong or green tea, compared to non-consumers of tea.

    https://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/benefit_of_drinking_green_tea

    Good luck, OP.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Aug. 5, 2016 - 11:14 PM ET #31

    "emergency triple bypass"

    Otherwise known as we can treat your brother with beta blockers but instead we decide to cut him open and bill his insurance company up their YinG-YanG.  You understand, of course.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    "emergency triple bypass"

    Otherwise known as we can treat your brother with beta blockers but instead we decide to cut him open and bill his insurance company up their YinG-YanG.  You understand, of course.
     
    bejabbers
    bejabbers
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 823
    Posted: Aug. 6, 2016 - 8:00 PM ET #32

    I have to the same problem...but only when they take my blood pressure at the doctors office.  As someone above said, "White Coat Syndrome".  Hence, I purchased a BP monitor, automatic, Omron brand.  I took my BP at home every day for 6 months and never had a reading worse than 129/80.  At the doctors office it was 167/91.  My doctor finally said not to worry; as long as my BP was normal at home I'm, alright.  Clearly, I'm much more relaxed at home.  Others gave good advice:  lose weight, reduce alcohol intake, load up on the vegetables and fish oil.  Also, exercise like a madman.
    Reply
    I have to the same problem...but only when they take my blood pressure at the doctors office.  As someone above said, "White Coat Syndrome".  Hence, I purchased a BP monitor, automatic, Omron brand.  I took my BP at home every day for 6 months and never had a reading worse than 129/80.  At the doctors office it was 167/91.  My doctor finally said not to worry; as long as my BP was normal at home I'm, alright.  Clearly, I'm much more relaxed at home.  Others gave good advice:  lose weight, reduce alcohol intake, load up on the vegetables and fish oil.  Also, exercise like a madman.
     
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Aug. 6, 2016 - 8:52 PM ET #33

    I had a good bp for all my life ran 120\70 about that and to be truthful never took it but for physicals for jobs and once every five year physicals. Absolutely abhorr medical doctors and still do had never had a primary care didn't want one. I walked rode by cycle split wood. , ate mostly red meat potatoes.  And used a ton of salt.  Well over time plaque building up in my arteries.smoke a pack day for many years. However all this led to me using energy drinks red bull rock star ect. I get tired and thought I needed a boost around 2230 in the after noon. But the plaque formations would of got me when I would be around 65 many have died of heart disease in my family it was my long term health plan I use to joke of won't need to save. For a nursing home.
    Any way I had a heart attack. So started to research what I could do. Well salmon omega trees lessen plaque and cholesterol. Pomegranate juice a small amount of red wine no more than a glass a day. Grains. Cereal has beneficial properties.

    My bp is now 100/79 but I take meds metopolol plavix protonix for acid reflux caused by the plavix, I take a baby aspirin. Now my blood so thin that shooting a rifle leaves a huge bruise on my shoulder.. If I cut myself I can't seem to stop bleeding without pressure and guaze.....these meds are expensive 360 a month now goods to rite aid pharmacy. I am not sure but I realize bp that exceed 250 for extended periods of time increases stroke or coronary blockage. Best advice see your doctor. Had I known I would have used a baby aspirin once a day a heck of plot sooner. Don't drink tarattine and caffeine together that junk will kill you...godd luck sir.
    Reply
    I had a good bp for all my life ran 120\70 about that and to be truthful never took it but for physicals for jobs and once every five year physicals. Absolutely abhorr medical doctors and still do had never had a primary care didn't want one. I walked rode by cycle split wood. , ate mostly red meat potatoes.  And used a ton of salt.  Well over time plaque building up in my arteries.smoke a pack day for many years. However all this led to me using energy drinks red bull rock star ect. I get tired and thought I needed a boost around 2230 in the after noon. But the plaque formations would of got me when I would be around 65 many have died of heart disease in my family it was my long term health plan I use to joke of won't need to save. For a nursing home.
    Any way I had a heart attack. So started to research what I could do. Well salmon omega trees lessen plaque and cholesterol. Pomegranate juice a small amount of red wine no more than a glass a day. Grains. Cereal has beneficial properties.

    My bp is now 100/79 but I take meds metopolol plavix protonix for acid reflux caused by the plavix, I take a baby aspirin. Now my blood so thin that shooting a rifle leaves a huge bruise on my shoulder.. If I cut myself I can't seem to stop bleeding without pressure and guaze.....these meds are expensive 360 a month now goods to rite aid pharmacy. I am not sure but I realize bp that exceed 250 for extended periods of time increases stroke or coronary blockage. Best advice see your doctor. Had I known I would have used a baby aspirin once a day a heck of plot sooner. Don't drink tarattine and caffeine together that junk will kill you...godd luck sir.
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,352
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,875
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 835
    • PART DEUX 145
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,231
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,205
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,218

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.