• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Anyone concern about bitcoin in 2018?

    12 Next Last»
    irisemars
    Uman
    thorpe
    Slobbasaurus
    searchwarrant
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1045
    Posts: 29
    12 Next Last»
     
    irisemars
    irisemars
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2018
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2018 - 8:06 AM ET #1

    In the end of 2017, bitcoin market has many signs that it is going to go down. So anyone concern about it in 2018?
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    In the end of 2017, bitcoin market has many signs that it is going to go down. So anyone concern about it in 2018?
     
    Uman
    Uman
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2017
    Posts: 2850
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2018 - 8:38 AM ET #2

    Quote Originally Posted by irisemars:

    In the end of 2017, bitcoin market has many signs that it is going to go down. So anyone concern about it in 2018?
    https://www.coindesk.com/isis-bitcoin-donations-fund-jihadist-movements/

     

    Hope so.Trash non-currency funding terrorism.Anything to make a buc at any cost for some  azz-clowns though.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by irisemars:

    In the end of 2017, bitcoin market has many signs that it is going to go down. So anyone concern about it in 2018?
    https://www.coindesk.com/isis-bitcoin-donations-fund-jihadist-movements/

     

    Hope so.Trash non-currency funding terrorism.Anything to make a buc at any cost for some  azz-clowns though.

     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2018 - 11:14 AM ET #3

    Bitcoin has all kinds of advantages over other currency.  The only thing to fear would be if countries start banning it or taxing it extra.
    Reply
    Bitcoin has all kinds of advantages over other currency.  The only thing to fear would be if countries start banning it or taxing it extra.
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2018 - 12:14 PM ET #4

    A so-called currency that's not backed by a government or central bank, no thanks.  

    All the millennials looking for a quick get rich plan on this ponzi scheme will eventually get burnt.  Interested on the true value.  How am I supposed to trust that 1 bit coint is really worth $14-15k?  It's so volatile how is anyone can objectively analyze this?  

    I'll watch this sh!t-storm from the sidelines

    Good luck though.  
    Reply
    A so-called currency that's not backed by a government or central bank, no thanks.  

    All the millennials looking for a quick get rich plan on this ponzi scheme will eventually get burnt.  Interested on the true value.  How am I supposed to trust that 1 bit coint is really worth $14-15k?  It's so volatile how is anyone can objectively analyze this?  

    I'll watch this sh!t-storm from the sidelines

    Good luck though.  
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2018 - 5:09 PM ET #5

    The little 2 dollar mom and pop coins will eventually be swallowed by bitcoin and litecoin. 

    Reply

    The little 2 dollar mom and pop coins will eventually be swallowed by bitcoin and litecoin. 

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2018 - 7:39 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    A so-called currency that's not backed by a government or central bank, no thanks.  All the millennials looking for a quick get rich plan on this ponzi scheme will eventually get burnt.  Interested on the true value.  How am I supposed to trust that 1 bit coint is really worth $14-15k?  It's so volatile how is anyone can objectively analyze this?  I'll watch this sh!t-storm from the sidelinesGood luck though.

    I love this.  "How am I supposed to know what a Bitcoin is worth"??  But yet, you have no problem trusting what a dollar is worth.

    They are both worth exactly what the public thinks they are worth.

    How could this be a ponzi scheme?

    You have a clear misunderstanding of how this all works - and I really think you should alert Peter Thiel, the Winkelvoss brothers, the Chicago Board of Exchange, Chase, Blackrock, and all of the other investment banks out there that you know this is a scam and they don't.

    "I will watch this sh*t from the sidelines".   Good thing lots of people didn't listen to this in 2011, 2012, 2013......

     

    an_shake

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    A so-called currency that's not backed by a government or central bank, no thanks.  All the millennials looking for a quick get rich plan on this ponzi scheme will eventually get burnt.  Interested on the true value.  How am I supposed to trust that 1 bit coint is really worth $14-15k?  It's so volatile how is anyone can objectively analyze this?  I'll watch this sh!t-storm from the sidelinesGood luck though.

    I love this.  "How am I supposed to know what a Bitcoin is worth"??  But yet, you have no problem trusting what a dollar is worth.

    They are both worth exactly what the public thinks they are worth.

    How could this be a ponzi scheme?

    You have a clear misunderstanding of how this all works - and I really think you should alert Peter Thiel, the Winkelvoss brothers, the Chicago Board of Exchange, Chase, Blackrock, and all of the other investment banks out there that you know this is a scam and they don't.

    "I will watch this sh*t from the sidelines".   Good thing lots of people didn't listen to this in 2011, 2012, 2013......

     

    an_shake

     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2018 - 7:58 PM ET #7

    I was at two back room Bitcoin Mining set ups today ...pretty interesting .
    Reply
    I was at two back room Bitcoin Mining set ups today ...pretty interesting .
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2018 - 9:22 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus: A so-called currency that's not backed by a government or central bank, no thanks.  All the millennials looking for a quick get rich plan on this ponzi scheme will eventually get burnt.  Interested on the true value.  How am I supposed to trust that 1 bit coint is really worth $14-15k?  It's so volatile how is anyone can objectively analyze this?  I'll watch this sh!t-storm from the sidelinesGood luck though. I love this.  "How am I supposed to know what a Bitcoin is worth"??  But yet, you have no problem trusting what a dollar is worth. They are both worth exactly what the public thinks they are worth. How could this be a ponzi scheme? You have a clear misunderstanding of how this all works - and I really think you should alert Peter Thiel, the Winkelvoss brothers, the Chicago Board of Exchange, Chase, Blackrock, and all of the other investment banks out there that you know this is a scam and they don't. "I will watch this sh*t from the sidelines".   Good thing lots of people didn't listen to this in 2011, 2012, 2013......

     

    an_light

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus: A so-called currency that's not backed by a government or central bank, no thanks.  All the millennials looking for a quick get rich plan on this ponzi scheme will eventually get burnt.  Interested on the true value.  How am I supposed to trust that 1 bit coint is really worth $14-15k?  It's so volatile how is anyone can objectively analyze this?  I'll watch this sh!t-storm from the sidelinesGood luck though. I love this.  "How am I supposed to know what a Bitcoin is worth"??  But yet, you have no problem trusting what a dollar is worth. They are both worth exactly what the public thinks they are worth. How could this be a ponzi scheme? You have a clear misunderstanding of how this all works - and I really think you should alert Peter Thiel, the Winkelvoss brothers, the Chicago Board of Exchange, Chase, Blackrock, and all of the other investment banks out there that you know this is a scam and they don't. "I will watch this sh*t from the sidelines".   Good thing lots of people didn't listen to this in 2011, 2012, 2013......

     

    an_light

     
    Uman
    Uman
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2017
    Posts: 2850
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2018 - 10:25 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    A so-called currency that's not backed by a government or central bank, no thanks.  All the millennials looking for a quick get rich plan on this ponzi scheme will eventually get burnt.  Interested on the true value.  How am I supposed to trust that 1 bit coint is really worth $14-15k?  It's so volatile how is anyone can objectively analyze this?  I'll watch this sh!t-storm from the sidelinesGood luck though.
    peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    A so-called currency that's not backed by a government or central bank, no thanks.  All the millennials looking for a quick get rich plan on this ponzi scheme will eventually get burnt.  Interested on the true value.  How am I supposed to trust that 1 bit coint is really worth $14-15k?  It's so volatile how is anyone can objectively analyze this?  I'll watch this sh!t-storm from the sidelinesGood luck though.
    peace_5

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2018 - 11:15 AM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:

    I was at two back room Bitcoin Mining set ups today ...pretty interesting .

    In the US?  Curious to hear more about this.

     

    peace_5

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:

    I was at two back room Bitcoin Mining set ups today ...pretty interesting .

    In the US?  Curious to hear more about this.

     

    peace_5

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2018 - 12:09 PM ET #11

    Uman and Slobbasaurus in 1995:  "Who wants this stupid internet thing.  Why would I want to email someone when I can just call them?  Online banking, buying things on a computer - ha - for idiots!"

    Uman and Slobbasaurus in 2005:  "Why would anyone put their whole life online on this social media BS?  I am going to sit on the sidelines.  Facebook and twitter are just a ponzi scheme."

    The self hatred you guys have must be an immense burden.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Uman and Slobbasaurus in 1995:  "Who wants this stupid internet thing.  Why would I want to email someone when I can just call them?  Online banking, buying things on a computer - ha - for idiots!"

    Uman and Slobbasaurus in 2005:  "Why would anyone put their whole life online on this social media BS?  I am going to sit on the sidelines.  Facebook and twitter are just a ponzi scheme."

    The self hatred you guys have must be an immense burden.

     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2018 - 1:31 PM ET #12

    Read this recently about a couple in BC thank sunk life savings into bitcoin mining operation. Thsy had been doing it out of their home but now renting warehouse.  

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bitcoin-mine-canada-1.4436149

    Reply

    Read this recently about a couple in BC thank sunk life savings into bitcoin mining operation. Thsy had been doing it out of their home but now renting warehouse.  

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bitcoin-mine-canada-1.4436149

     
    Qwan61
    Qwan61
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2016
    Posts: 1882
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2018 - 4:53 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by irisemars:

    In the end of 2017, bitcoin market has many signs that it is going to go down. So anyone concern about it in 2018?

     

    Here's the thing that concerns me:

    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/11/people-are-taking-out-mortgages-to-buy-bitcoin-says-joseph-borg.html

     

    This kind of newbie irrational behavior is VERY typical of a top no matter what investment type we are talking about.

     

    BC is even being dumped by drug dealers.

    https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/drug-dealers-are-giving-up-on-bitcoin-20171208

     

    The trend I almost guarantee will be govt's forcing more transparency in transactions because not of 99.99% who arent criminals but the drug cartels, human traffickers, tax evaders,etc.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by irisemars:

    In the end of 2017, bitcoin market has many signs that it is going to go down. So anyone concern about it in 2018?

     

    Here's the thing that concerns me:

    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/11/people-are-taking-out-mortgages-to-buy-bitcoin-says-joseph-borg.html

     

    This kind of newbie irrational behavior is VERY typical of a top no matter what investment type we are talking about.

     

    BC is even being dumped by drug dealers.

    https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/drug-dealers-are-giving-up-on-bitcoin-20171208

     

    The trend I almost guarantee will be govt's forcing more transparency in transactions because not of 99.99% who arent criminals but the drug cartels, human traffickers, tax evaders,etc.

     

     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2018 - 6:34 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Uman and Slobbasaurus in 1995:  "Who wants this stupid internet thing.  Why would I want to email someone when I can just call them?  Online banking, buying things on a computer - ha - for idiots!"

    Uman and Slobbasaurus in 2005:  "Why would anyone put their whole life online on this social media BS?  I am going to sit on the sidelines.  Facebook and twitter are just a ponzi scheme."

    The self hatred you guys have must be an immense burden.


    Calm down there Thug Life.  Hahaha

    Actually in 95, I was in the 5th grade.  You must be a renowned psychologist to peg me as having an immense self hatred from that one post.  I must have really hit a nerve.  You obviously have a real hard-on for Bitcoin.  This casino game is not for me so don't take it personal. 

    You are right about the FB and Twitter thing although I always liked the former's stock.  FB is for kids and attention person.  I don't know why anyone would want to publish their lives on the internet, but I do have a LinkedIn page; a FB for adults if you will.  

    Anyways like I said, I'll watch it from the sideline.  


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Uman and Slobbasaurus in 1995:  "Who wants this stupid internet thing.  Why would I want to email someone when I can just call them?  Online banking, buying things on a computer - ha - for idiots!"

    Uman and Slobbasaurus in 2005:  "Why would anyone put their whole life online on this social media BS?  I am going to sit on the sidelines.  Facebook and twitter are just a ponzi scheme."

    The self hatred you guys have must be an immense burden.


    Calm down there Thug Life.  Hahaha

    Actually in 95, I was in the 5th grade.  You must be a renowned psychologist to peg me as having an immense self hatred from that one post.  I must have really hit a nerve.  You obviously have a real hard-on for Bitcoin.  This casino game is not for me so don't take it personal. 

    You are right about the FB and Twitter thing although I always liked the former's stock.  FB is for kids and attention person.  I don't know why anyone would want to publish their lives on the internet, but I do have a LinkedIn page; a FB for adults if you will.  

    Anyways like I said, I'll watch it from the sideline.  


     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2018 - 7:30 PM ET #15

    Slob. an_roll_laughpeace_5

    Van and Slob don't know each other too well. Both sharp cookies.

     

    Risky game I think we all can agree and not for people that like to sleep soundly at night. 

    Reply

    Slob. an_roll_laughpeace_5

    Van and Slob don't know each other too well. Both sharp cookies.

     

    Risky game I think we all can agree and not for people that like to sleep soundly at night. 

     
    Uman
    Uman
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2017
    Posts: 2850
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2018 - 8:29 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by vanzack: Uman and Slobbasaurus in 1995:  "Who wants this stupid internet thing.  Why would I want to email someone when I can just call them?  Online banking, buying things on a computer - ha - for idiots!" Uman and Slobbasaurus in 2005:  "Why would anyone put their whole life online on this social media BS?  I am going to sit on the sidelines.  Facebook and twitter are just a ponzi scheme." The self hatred you guys have must be an immense burden. Calm down there Thug Life.  HahahaActually in 95, I was in the 5th grade.  You must be a renowned psychologist to peg me as having an immense self hatred from that one post.  I must have really hit a nerve.  You obviously have a real hard-on for Bitcoin.  This casino game is not for me so don't take it personal. You are right about the FB and Twitter thing although I always liked the former's stock.  FB is for kids and attention person.  I don't know why anyone would want to publish their lives on the internet, but I do have a LinkedIn page; a FB for adults if you will.  Anyways like I said, I'll watch it from the sideline.
    an_roll_laugh

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by vanzack: Uman and Slobbasaurus in 1995:  "Who wants this stupid internet thing.  Why would I want to email someone when I can just call them?  Online banking, buying things on a computer - ha - for idiots!" Uman and Slobbasaurus in 2005:  "Why would anyone put their whole life online on this social media BS?  I am going to sit on the sidelines.  Facebook and twitter are just a ponzi scheme." The self hatred you guys have must be an immense burden. Calm down there Thug Life.  HahahaActually in 95, I was in the 5th grade.  You must be a renowned psychologist to peg me as having an immense self hatred from that one post.  I must have really hit a nerve.  You obviously have a real hard-on for Bitcoin.  This casino game is not for me so don't take it personal. You are right about the FB and Twitter thing although I always liked the former's stock.  FB is for kids and attention person.  I don't know why anyone would want to publish their lives on the internet, but I do have a LinkedIn page; a FB for adults if you will.  Anyways like I said, I'll watch it from the sideline.
    an_roll_laugh

     
    irisemars
    irisemars
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2018
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2018 - 2:32 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    In the US?  Curious to hear more about this.

     

    peace_5

    Me, too. Hope to join one like that^^
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    In the US?  Curious to hear more about this.

     

    peace_5

    Me, too. Hope to join one like that^^
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2018 - 3:57 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    I love this.  "How am I supposed to know what a Bitcoin is worth"??  But yet, you have no problem trusting what a dollar is worth.

    They are both worth exactly what the public thinks they are worth.

    How could this be a ponzi scheme?

    You have a clear misunderstanding of how this all works - and I really think you should alert Peter Thiel, the Winkelvoss brothers, the Chicago Board of Exchange, Chase, Blackrock, and all of the other investment banks out there that you know this is a scam and they don't.

    "I will watch this sh*t from the sidelines".   Good thing lots of people didn't listen to this in 2011, 2012, 2013......

     

    an_shake


    Vanzack, normally I think you have provided many informative posts on this forum over the years, but in this instance, you are coming across as a self-righteous a$$hole.

    You are forgetting one crucial point:  the dollar has a long history, and an excellent track record, unlike Bitcoin, which has a short history, and is highly volatile.  

    Thus, it is completely rational for someone to be nervous about a new form of currency, that sounds too good to be true.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    I love this.  "How am I supposed to know what a Bitcoin is worth"??  But yet, you have no problem trusting what a dollar is worth.

    They are both worth exactly what the public thinks they are worth.

    How could this be a ponzi scheme?

    You have a clear misunderstanding of how this all works - and I really think you should alert Peter Thiel, the Winkelvoss brothers, the Chicago Board of Exchange, Chase, Blackrock, and all of the other investment banks out there that you know this is a scam and they don't.

    "I will watch this sh*t from the sidelines".   Good thing lots of people didn't listen to this in 2011, 2012, 2013......

     

    an_shake


    Vanzack, normally I think you have provided many informative posts on this forum over the years, but in this instance, you are coming across as a self-righteous a$$hole.

    You are forgetting one crucial point:  the dollar has a long history, and an excellent track record, unlike Bitcoin, which has a short history, and is highly volatile.  

    Thus, it is completely rational for someone to be nervous about a new form of currency, that sounds too good to be true.
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2018 - 4:01 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Uman and Slobbasaurus in 1995:  "Who wants this stupid internet thing.  Why would I want to email someone when I can just call them?  Online banking, buying things on a computer - ha - for idiots!"

    Uman and Slobbasaurus in 2005:  "Why would anyone put their whole life online on this social media BS?  I am going to sit on the sidelines.  Facebook and twitter are just a ponzi scheme."

    The self hatred you guys have must be an immense burden.


    I guess you forgot about the "sure things" that did not work out so well, like the dotcom disaster, or the abundance of real estate foreclosures.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Uman and Slobbasaurus in 1995:  "Who wants this stupid internet thing.  Why would I want to email someone when I can just call them?  Online banking, buying things on a computer - ha - for idiots!"

    Uman and Slobbasaurus in 2005:  "Why would anyone put their whole life online on this social media BS?  I am going to sit on the sidelines.  Facebook and twitter are just a ponzi scheme."

    The self hatred you guys have must be an immense burden.


    I guess you forgot about the "sure things" that did not work out so well, like the dotcom disaster, or the abundance of real estate foreclosures.
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2018 - 4:06 AM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Uman and Slobbasaurus in 1995:  "Who wants this stupid internet thing.  Why would I want to email someone when I can just call them?  Online banking, buying things on a computer - ha - for idiots!"

    Uman and Slobbasaurus in 2005:  "Why would anyone put their whole life online on this social media BS?  I am going to sit on the sidelines.  Facebook and twitter are just a ponzi scheme."

    The self hatred you guys have must be an immense burden.


    Rupert Murdoch is no idiot, and he bought MySpace in 2005 for 560 million, and later sold it for 35 million.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Uman and Slobbasaurus in 1995:  "Who wants this stupid internet thing.  Why would I want to email someone when I can just call them?  Online banking, buying things on a computer - ha - for idiots!"

    Uman and Slobbasaurus in 2005:  "Why would anyone put their whole life online on this social media BS?  I am going to sit on the sidelines.  Facebook and twitter are just a ponzi scheme."

    The self hatred you guys have must be an immense burden.


    Rupert Murdoch is no idiot, and he bought MySpace in 2005 for 560 million, and later sold it for 35 million.
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2018 - 5:29 AM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Slob. an_roll_laughpeace_5

    Van and Slob don't know each other too well. Both sharp cookies.

     

    Risky game I think we all can agree and not for people that like to sleep soundly at night. 


    Thanks Search.  

    I have nothing against Van.  As a matter of fact, the guy can Cap some World Cup action and I commend him for it.  

    He reacted to my post like I phucked wife or something, hahaha.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Slob. an_roll_laughpeace_5

    Van and Slob don't know each other too well. Both sharp cookies.

     

    Risky game I think we all can agree and not for people that like to sleep soundly at night. 


    Thanks Search.  

    I have nothing against Van.  As a matter of fact, the guy can Cap some World Cup action and I commend him for it.  

    He reacted to my post like I phucked wife or something, hahaha.  
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2018 - 8:49 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

       Vanzack, normally I think you have provided many informative posts on this forum over the years, but in this instance, you are coming across as a self-righteous a$$hole.You are forgetting one crucial point:  the dollar has a long history, and an excellent track record, unlike Bitcoin, which has a short history, and is highly volatile.  Thus, it is completely rational for someone to be nervous about a new form of currency, that sounds too good to be true.

    I am not suggesting that someone takes all of their dollars and turn them to BTC.

    But he is suggesting that BTC is a ponzi scheme, and disasterous.

    That just isnt true.  But your post is well taken, and appreciated.

    peace_5

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

       Vanzack, normally I think you have provided many informative posts on this forum over the years, but in this instance, you are coming across as a self-righteous a$$hole.You are forgetting one crucial point:  the dollar has a long history, and an excellent track record, unlike Bitcoin, which has a short history, and is highly volatile.  Thus, it is completely rational for someone to be nervous about a new form of currency, that sounds too good to be true.

    I am not suggesting that someone takes all of their dollars and turn them to BTC.

    But he is suggesting that BTC is a ponzi scheme, and disasterous.

    That just isnt true.  But your post is well taken, and appreciated.

    peace_5

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2018 - 8:53 AM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    I guess you forgot about the "sure things" that did not work out so well, like the dotcom disaster, or the abundance of real estate foreclosures.

    This is where I disagree.

    People still made tons of money on the dotcom disaster, and the real estate market.

    Just because both eventually crashed doesn't mean that there wasn't anyone who became extremely rich.

    If BTC goes to zero (which it could), then lots of people have still become very rich.  Why is it smart to predict something is going to destruct, and just sit and wait for it?  Of course real estate will also have a crash at some point in the future - the stock market also - is it smart to just say "the stock market will crash one day, I will sit on the sidelines"?

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    I guess you forgot about the "sure things" that did not work out so well, like the dotcom disaster, or the abundance of real estate foreclosures.

    This is where I disagree.

    People still made tons of money on the dotcom disaster, and the real estate market.

    Just because both eventually crashed doesn't mean that there wasn't anyone who became extremely rich.

    If BTC goes to zero (which it could), then lots of people have still become very rich.  Why is it smart to predict something is going to destruct, and just sit and wait for it?  Of course real estate will also have a crash at some point in the future - the stock market also - is it smart to just say "the stock market will crash one day, I will sit on the sidelines"?

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2018 - 8:53 AM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    Rupert Murdoch is no idiot, and he bought MySpace in 2005 for 560 million, and later sold it for 35 million.

    Exactly my point.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    Rupert Murdoch is no idiot, and he bought MySpace in 2005 for 560 million, and later sold it for 35 million.

    Exactly my point.

     
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2018 - 8:57 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Thanks Search.  I have nothing against Van.  As a matter of fact, the guy can Cap some World Cup action and I commend him for it.  He reacted to my post like I phucked wife or something, hahaha.

    No problems here - no wifes phucked.

    It is funny that I am known for sports stuff here.

    There is one thred that I posted that is more valuable than the other 50k posts combined, and that is this one.  https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=35&sub=101567609

    Check out the date - and that the price was 30 bucks on it.  Nobody was talking about this back then.

    Not looking for credit - just find it funny that I obviously have been in to this BTC thing since it was 30 bucks - and people still tell me I am an idiot for being involved.  Eh- haters gonna hate.

    peace_5

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Thanks Search.  I have nothing against Van.  As a matter of fact, the guy can Cap some World Cup action and I commend him for it.  He reacted to my post like I phucked wife or something, hahaha.

    No problems here - no wifes phucked.

    It is funny that I am known for sports stuff here.

    There is one thred that I posted that is more valuable than the other 50k posts combined, and that is this one.  https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=35&sub=101567609

    Check out the date - and that the price was 30 bucks on it.  Nobody was talking about this back then.

    Not looking for credit - just find it funny that I obviously have been in to this BTC thing since it was 30 bucks - and people still tell me I am an idiot for being involved.  Eh- haters gonna hate.

    peace_5

    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,899
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,615
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 446
    • MLB Playoffs 16,976
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,314
    • PART DEUX 139
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,366
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,269
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,155
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 218

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.