• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    6 months of gambling, my life savings is gone

    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
    Mikey15753
    Moveless
    mgmprofits
    SCC
    mikebreezyy
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 8080
    Posts: 67
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
     
    Mikey15753
    Mikey15753
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2015
    Posts: 236
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 2:04 AM ET #26

    Everyone, Take this as a lesson. Money management was very poor with him. You should never take bets like that. Always build your income with betting first and play with house money. I start my bets off at 100$ per game. Then when im up about 600 on the week, I start hitting each game for $200 (This is already house money im playing with)... As I go up, I bet higher amounts from my winnings... If  you money manage you will always be in profit.
    Reply
    Everyone, Take this as a lesson. Money management was very poor with him. You should never take bets like that. Always build your income with betting first and play with house money. I start my bets off at 100$ per game. Then when im up about 600 on the week, I start hitting each game for $200 (This is already house money im playing with)... As I go up, I bet higher amounts from my winnings... If  you money manage you will always be in profit.
     
    Moveless
    Moveless
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2015
    Posts: 325
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 2:10 AM ET #27

    Thanks for sharing. Its never bad to get reminded. I'm on a giant cold streak myself, I lost 7/8 NFL bets today, and its depressing as hell. One of those I went big to make up a chunk on Arizona -4. I toiled away as to if I should do AZ -4 or AZ -2.5 and NE ML Parlay. I ended up -4 and the final was -3. Its sickening. Im not spending my life savings or anything, but I am spending entertainment money, and after days like today your gut just says "Put in the amount you lost and bet it all on a game tomorrow". But then THAT loses. Gotta just wake up sometimes, realize its ok to lose some if you get in this game, and then continue on for fun, if you are still capable. 
    Reply
    Thanks for sharing. Its never bad to get reminded. I'm on a giant cold streak myself, I lost 7/8 NFL bets today, and its depressing as hell. One of those I went big to make up a chunk on Arizona -4. I toiled away as to if I should do AZ -4 or AZ -2.5 and NE ML Parlay. I ended up -4 and the final was -3. Its sickening. Im not spending my life savings or anything, but I am spending entertainment money, and after days like today your gut just says "Put in the amount you lost and bet it all on a game tomorrow". But then THAT loses. Gotta just wake up sometimes, realize its ok to lose some if you get in this game, and then continue on for fun, if you are still capable. 
     
    mgmprofits
    mgmprofits
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 6659
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 2:13 AM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by nba88:

    I'll have to put the past behind me and not think of what I lost, just only look forward to the future now.  

    Look on the bright side- At least you had a savings to blow. Most people don't. Lots are in debt.

    I also took forever to learn MM. It's not easy. But don't give up, if you're good at sports betting, and you hit over 60% keep it up until you learn. Just don't make it your life, or else that's when it gets you into trouble.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by nba88:

    I'll have to put the past behind me and not think of what I lost, just only look forward to the future now.  

    Look on the bright side- At least you had a savings to blow. Most people don't. Lots are in debt.

    I also took forever to learn MM. It's not easy. But don't give up, if you're good at sports betting, and you hit over 60% keep it up until you learn. Just don't make it your life, or else that's when it gets you into trouble.
     
    SCC
    SCC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 1191
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 2:33 AM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by mgmprofits:


    Look on the bright side- At least you had a savings to blow. Most people don't. Lots are in debt.

    I also took forever to learn MM. It's not easy. But don't give up, if you're good at sports betting, and you hit over 60% keep it up until you learn. Just don't make it your life, or else that's when it gets you into trouble.


    I think for some people money management is a concept that cannot be practiced because they are addicts of the thrill. The thrill of hitting big and hitting it fast makes people chase all too often and ignore the proper money management until they lose it all. It's a rough. Of course when you're in Vegas and betting 100's or 1000's compared to what you normally would gamble the thrill is a lot higher. To try and duplicate that vacation gambling on a daily basis becomes infinitely more dangerous to your bank roll. I've learned all this the hard way too and have deposited several times in my gambling career trying to chase back winnings to reproduce that thrill.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmprofits:


    Look on the bright side- At least you had a savings to blow. Most people don't. Lots are in debt.

    I also took forever to learn MM. It's not easy. But don't give up, if you're good at sports betting, and you hit over 60% keep it up until you learn. Just don't make it your life, or else that's when it gets you into trouble.


    I think for some people money management is a concept that cannot be practiced because they are addicts of the thrill. The thrill of hitting big and hitting it fast makes people chase all too often and ignore the proper money management until they lose it all. It's a rough. Of course when you're in Vegas and betting 100's or 1000's compared to what you normally would gamble the thrill is a lot higher. To try and duplicate that vacation gambling on a daily basis becomes infinitely more dangerous to your bank roll. I've learned all this the hard way too and have deposited several times in my gambling career trying to chase back winnings to reproduce that thrill.
     
    mikebreezyy
    mikebreezyy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2013
    Posts: 1563
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 2:50 AM ET #30

    hey man i made a similar post about 2 years ago and here i am still betting today lol. honestly, it obviously sucks that you lose but just have some management next time and never bet so large especially on two inconsistent teams. I remember I lost like 700 bucks from a $200 ML on the rockets vs the jazz years ago and it still stings today that i did that lol.

    point is just manage your money and like Mikey15753 said, try and build and then play off of that. I can tell you 90% of the time that when I have a good start in the week, Ill almost always profit from that week. Two years ago, I would have terrible starts in the week and I would end up chasing and playing almost 75% of all NBA games. Choose wisely and build your stack up! Keep your head up bro
    Reply
    hey man i made a similar post about 2 years ago and here i am still betting today lol. honestly, it obviously sucks that you lose but just have some management next time and never bet so large especially on two inconsistent teams. I remember I lost like 700 bucks from a $200 ML on the rockets vs the jazz years ago and it still stings today that i did that lol.

    point is just manage your money and like Mikey15753 said, try and build and then play off of that. I can tell you 90% of the time that when I have a good start in the week, Ill almost always profit from that week. Two years ago, I would have terrible starts in the week and I would end up chasing and playing almost 75% of all NBA games. Choose wisely and build your stack up! Keep your head up bro
     
    mgmprofits
    mgmprofits
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 6659
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 5:09 AM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by mikebreezyy:

    hey man i made a similar post about 2 years ago and here i am still betting today lol. honestly, it obviously sucks that you lose but just have some management next time and never bet so large especially on two inconsistent teams. I remember I lost like 700 bucks from a $200 ML on the rockets vs the jazz years ago and it still stings today that i did that lol.

    point is just manage your money and like Mikey15753 said, try and build and then play off of that. I can tell you 90% of the time that when I have a good start in the week, Ill almost always profit from that week. Two years ago, I would have terrible starts in the week and I would end up chasing and playing almost 75% of all NBA games. Choose wisely and build your stack up! Keep your head up bro

    Wow, only a $700 loss and years later you still feel that? And I thought I was bad being bummed out the next day. lol I get over the losses usually within 24 hours

    I had one loss for $4500 which was by one game by half point, at last second, on a fluke touchdown. That one hurt for a while. I bet $300 on a teaser and the last game was Detroit +3.5 on the teaser, they were in green Bay and Rodgers wasnt playing. But the backup QB threw for like 550 yeards. Detroit was up and winning with hardly anytime left but then that insane QB (Dont even remember his name) threw for another TD at the last second, and destroyed my ticket. I thought I was cashing that bad boy. Crazy thing is, had I bet at william hill I'd of won because they give you slightly better spreads. It was late, new years eve, so I bet at the strip at southpoint.

    And the crazy thing is, that wasn't even my worst loss ever. Just one that hurt for a while. I saved that ticket for years...lol finally threw it away.

    SCC- I know what you're talking about. But over time people get sick of losing like that and after so many years of it, you finally learn the MM. They say it takes 6 years to learn on average. I'd say that is about right based on my experience. I've finally learned it, but just waiting to get my bankroll up again. The main thing is, stay away from those slots if you're in vegas!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebreezyy:

    hey man i made a similar post about 2 years ago and here i am still betting today lol. honestly, it obviously sucks that you lose but just have some management next time and never bet so large especially on two inconsistent teams. I remember I lost like 700 bucks from a $200 ML on the rockets vs the jazz years ago and it still stings today that i did that lol.

    point is just manage your money and like Mikey15753 said, try and build and then play off of that. I can tell you 90% of the time that when I have a good start in the week, Ill almost always profit from that week. Two years ago, I would have terrible starts in the week and I would end up chasing and playing almost 75% of all NBA games. Choose wisely and build your stack up! Keep your head up bro

    Wow, only a $700 loss and years later you still feel that? And I thought I was bad being bummed out the next day. lol I get over the losses usually within 24 hours

    I had one loss for $4500 which was by one game by half point, at last second, on a fluke touchdown. That one hurt for a while. I bet $300 on a teaser and the last game was Detroit +3.5 on the teaser, they were in green Bay and Rodgers wasnt playing. But the backup QB threw for like 550 yeards. Detroit was up and winning with hardly anytime left but then that insane QB (Dont even remember his name) threw for another TD at the last second, and destroyed my ticket. I thought I was cashing that bad boy. Crazy thing is, had I bet at william hill I'd of won because they give you slightly better spreads. It was late, new years eve, so I bet at the strip at southpoint.

    And the crazy thing is, that wasn't even my worst loss ever. Just one that hurt for a while. I saved that ticket for years...lol finally threw it away.

    SCC- I know what you're talking about. But over time people get sick of losing like that and after so many years of it, you finally learn the MM. They say it takes 6 years to learn on average. I'd say that is about right based on my experience. I've finally learned it, but just waiting to get my bankroll up again. The main thing is, stay away from those slots if you're in vegas!!
     
    mgmprofits
    mgmprofits
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 6659
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 5:22 AM ET #32

    I forgot to mention that Detroit eneded up being 7 pt favorites in green bay for that game. And for them to lose by 4 was insane because most of the public was still backing Green Bay. It was simply a fluke, Detorit was supposed to win that game and should have. But that damn backup QB threw for more yards than Rodgers would have.

    Anybody else remember that game? It was January 1st 2012...I'll never forget it obviously. I believe it was an 8 game regular teaser...$300 paid $4500 and I came up with the plays on the top of my head, didn't cap or anything. And almost hit it.

    But on the flip side, I won $4500 one night, on a $300 4 team regular NBA parlay(2 dogs ml and 2 favs ml), and that one was a miracle..because one game was losing by 19 pts at the half and It came back and won by 8. And another game was down with less than 1 minute left and that oen came back too, so was kind in shock that night when I hit. I pretty much wrote that ticket off by half time.

    So you'll get some crazy wins...and some insane losses. It's part of the business. That's the way it's set up to keep you coming back for more. It's very addictive for some people.

    Reply
    I forgot to mention that Detroit eneded up being 7 pt favorites in green bay for that game. And for them to lose by 4 was insane because most of the public was still backing Green Bay. It was simply a fluke, Detorit was supposed to win that game and should have. But that damn backup QB threw for more yards than Rodgers would have.

    Anybody else remember that game? It was January 1st 2012...I'll never forget it obviously. I believe it was an 8 game regular teaser...$300 paid $4500 and I came up with the plays on the top of my head, didn't cap or anything. And almost hit it.

    But on the flip side, I won $4500 one night, on a $300 4 team regular NBA parlay(2 dogs ml and 2 favs ml), and that one was a miracle..because one game was losing by 19 pts at the half and It came back and won by 8. And another game was down with less than 1 minute left and that oen came back too, so was kind in shock that night when I hit. I pretty much wrote that ticket off by half time.

    So you'll get some crazy wins...and some insane losses. It's part of the business. That's the way it's set up to keep you coming back for more. It's very addictive for some people.

     
    IfYaSmellLALALA
    IfYaSmellLALALA
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2014
    Posts: 2565
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 6:01 AM ET #33

    Man you folks are so selfish trying to point fingers when he obviously knew what happened better than you did followed by taunting this man with stories from your bad beat scars. 

    That's the thing about gambling it's always about you. Tunnel vision. 

    Don't rush to blow that 200. At least you still have a job I'm assuming.
    Reply
    Man you folks are so selfish trying to point fingers when he obviously knew what happened better than you did followed by taunting this man with stories from your bad beat scars. 

    That's the thing about gambling it's always about you. Tunnel vision. 

    Don't rush to blow that 200. At least you still have a job I'm assuming.
     
    Rostos
    Rostos
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 27785
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 7:03 AM ET #34

    What is sad is some of the laughter from the posters at him..

    I am sure these people are in as much trouble if not more than him...but laugh at him to make themselves feel better.
    Reply
    What is sad is some of the laughter from the posters at him..

    I am sure these people are in as much trouble if not more than him...but laugh at him to make themselves feel better.
     
    moneyball3030
    moneyball3030
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2014
    Posts: 752
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 7:41 AM ET #35

    You can't go all out on one play 50k on one game that's retarded this ain't a get rich quick scheme its slow and steady this ain't a marathon
    Reply
    You can't go all out on one play 50k on one game that's retarded this ain't a get rich quick scheme its slow and steady this ain't a marathon
     
    mikebreezyy
    mikebreezyy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2013
    Posts: 1563
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 9:12 AM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by mgmprofits:


    Wow, only a $700 loss and years later you still feel that? And I thought I was bad being bummed out the next day. lol I get over the losses usually within 24 hours

    I had one loss for $4500 which was by one game by half point, at last second, on a fluke touchdown. That one hurt for a while. I bet $300 on a teaser and the last game was Detroit +3.5 on the teaser, they were in green Bay and Rodgers wasnt playing. But the backup QB threw for like 550 yeards. Detroit was up and winning with hardly anytime left but then that insane QB (Dont even remember his name) threw for another TD at the last second, and destroyed my ticket. I thought I was cashing that bad boy. Crazy thing is, had I bet at william hill I'd of won because they give you slightly better spreads. It was late, new years eve, so I bet at the strip at southpoint.

    And the crazy thing is, that wasn't even my worst loss ever. Just one that hurt for a while. I saved that ticket for years...lol finally threw it away.

    SCC- I know what you're talking about. But over time people get sick of losing like that and after so many years of it, you finally learn the MM. They say it takes 6 years to learn on average. I'd say that is about right based on my experience. I've finally learned it, but just waiting to get my bankroll up again. The main thing is, stay away from those slots if you're in vegas!!



    lol dont misinterpret! I didn't quit because of this specific game (rockets ML) but I remember that one most because I didn't have to be greedy and choose it that day. It was an impulse square pick without any thought so that's why it sucked.


    and @IfYaSmellLALALA, no ones trying to taunt him by telling him about our losses which is smaller compared to his... just wanted to point out that it's not the end of the world lol
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmprofits:


    Wow, only a $700 loss and years later you still feel that? And I thought I was bad being bummed out the next day. lol I get over the losses usually within 24 hours

    I had one loss for $4500 which was by one game by half point, at last second, on a fluke touchdown. That one hurt for a while. I bet $300 on a teaser and the last game was Detroit +3.5 on the teaser, they were in green Bay and Rodgers wasnt playing. But the backup QB threw for like 550 yeards. Detroit was up and winning with hardly anytime left but then that insane QB (Dont even remember his name) threw for another TD at the last second, and destroyed my ticket. I thought I was cashing that bad boy. Crazy thing is, had I bet at william hill I'd of won because they give you slightly better spreads. It was late, new years eve, so I bet at the strip at southpoint.

    And the crazy thing is, that wasn't even my worst loss ever. Just one that hurt for a while. I saved that ticket for years...lol finally threw it away.

    SCC- I know what you're talking about. But over time people get sick of losing like that and after so many years of it, you finally learn the MM. They say it takes 6 years to learn on average. I'd say that is about right based on my experience. I've finally learned it, but just waiting to get my bankroll up again. The main thing is, stay away from those slots if you're in vegas!!



    lol dont misinterpret! I didn't quit because of this specific game (rockets ML) but I remember that one most because I didn't have to be greedy and choose it that day. It was an impulse square pick without any thought so that's why it sucked.


    and @IfYaSmellLALALA, no ones trying to taunt him by telling him about our losses which is smaller compared to his... just wanted to point out that it's not the end of the world lol
     
    whyamiheres
    whyamiheres
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2014
    Posts: 726
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 9:18 AM ET #37

    You bet on Denver vs Warriors and the shitty Lakers....why do people like suffering
    Reply
    You bet on Denver vs Warriors and the shitty Lakers....why do people like suffering
     
    masterkush
    masterkush
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 10597
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 9:25 AM ET #38

    Everyone should read Canadian truths profile page. He breaks it down the best and is very wise when it comes to money management. I started the nba season down 15 units and finally got back on track. Of course I just lost more than half of it betting on denver but hey garbage happens.... I still think it was the right play. Need less to say, money management is the most important factor in sports investing. I like to use that term instead of gambling. ...... gamblers have no self control and play for thrill and action on games they have no business betting on. I also cannot stress enough that every game you bet should be the same unit amount regardless of what you know or feel. This will make you money at the end on the season. 

    Anyways, go get some pusay and beat that ish  up. That alaays makes me feel better after a bad loss.... my wife is walking funny this morning after my denver loss.

    Good luck and keep your head up
    Reply
    Everyone should read Canadian truths profile page. He breaks it down the best and is very wise when it comes to money management. I started the nba season down 15 units and finally got back on track. Of course I just lost more than half of it betting on denver but hey garbage happens.... I still think it was the right play. Need less to say, money management is the most important factor in sports investing. I like to use that term instead of gambling. ...... gamblers have no self control and play for thrill and action on games they have no business betting on. I also cannot stress enough that every game you bet should be the same unit amount regardless of what you know or feel. This will make you money at the end on the season. 

    Anyways, go get some pusay and beat that ish  up. That alaays makes me feel better after a bad loss.... my wife is walking funny this morning after my denver loss.

    Good luck and keep your head up
     
    whyamiheres
    whyamiheres
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2014
    Posts: 726
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 9:29 AM ET #39

    lmao about your wife gj man 
    Reply
    lmao about your wife gj man 
     
    vicky98
    vicky98
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 13070
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 10:30 AM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by nba88:


    I initially won around $10000 in bets and saw my savings hit the triple figures. I was betting everyday, winning some and losing some, till recently I placed a $50,000 bet.

    I lost that bet and wanted to "win" it back, unfortunately with that mentality, my life savings was depleted. QUIT WHILE YOU CAN . I am done

    Wow - with this money if you keep in touch with me -i'm sure you did not lose   i know guys will laugh at when i say this - but i know how my game going on 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by nba88:


    I initially won around $10000 in bets and saw my savings hit the triple figures. I was betting everyday, winning some and losing some, till recently I placed a $50,000 bet.

    I lost that bet and wanted to "win" it back, unfortunately with that mentality, my life savings was depleted. QUIT WHILE YOU CAN . I am done

    Wow - with this money if you keep in touch with me -i'm sure you did not lose   i know guys will laugh at when i say this - but i know how my game going on 
     
    citysnow
    citysnow
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 376
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 11:37 AM ET #41

    You know what NBA stands for right.


    No
    Bank
    Account....   It's a long season and it built to drain you and your bank account down the ??????
    Reply
    You know what NBA stands for right.


    No
    Bank
    Account....   It's a long season and it built to drain you and your bank account down the ??????
     
    The_Ade_
    The_Ade_
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 176
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 11:39 AM ET #42

    You're more honest than a lot of people here I'm sure, whether that be many of whom can't produce one bet slip of the amount they claim to stake on here, or the fake good guy persona they put on here and are absolute clowns on Twitter and the like.

    BOL in the future though.

    Reply
    You're more honest than a lot of people here I'm sure, whether that be many of whom can't produce one bet slip of the amount they claim to stake on here, or the fake good guy persona they put on here and are absolute clowns on Twitter and the like.

    BOL in the future though.

     
    LineKiller28
    LineKiller28
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3732
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 11:50 AM ET #43

    A. Learn your lesson and never ever ever repeat those that actions
    B. Regardless of amount, you still have your health, and you will make it back, so do not live in regret, it stings, but let it go.
    C. If you had an ailment that was incurable, would you not spend that entire amount you just wasted on some medication that MAY save your life? Hence you are already up with money my friend, because you don't even have to be in that position to spend that money that way.
    D. Treat gambling strictly as a hobby and entertainment and do not allow it to be more than that, if it turns addictive, cut it out, take a break, go back to simple things that made you happy prior to it.
    E. There is much more to life than money and the pursuit of it.




    Reply
    A. Learn your lesson and never ever ever repeat those that actions
    B. Regardless of amount, you still have your health, and you will make it back, so do not live in regret, it stings, but let it go.
    C. If you had an ailment that was incurable, would you not spend that entire amount you just wasted on some medication that MAY save your life? Hence you are already up with money my friend, because you don't even have to be in that position to spend that money that way.
    D. Treat gambling strictly as a hobby and entertainment and do not allow it to be more than that, if it turns addictive, cut it out, take a break, go back to simple things that made you happy prior to it.
    E. There is much more to life than money and the pursuit of it.




     
    puffnsudds
    puffnsudds
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 47
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 12:10 PM ET #44

    [Quote: Originally Posted by mgmprofits]

    Wow, only a $700 loss and years later you still feel that? And I thought I was bad being bummed out the next day. lol I get over the losses usually within 24 hours

    I had one loss for $4500 which was by one game by half point, at last second, on a fluke touchdown. That one hurt for a while. I bet $300 on a teaser and the last game was Detroit +3.5 on the teaser, they were in green Bay and Rodgers wasnt playing. But the backup QB threw for like 550 yeards. Detroit was up and winning with hardly anytime left but then that insane QB (Dont even remember his name) threw for another TD at the last second, and destroyed my ticket. I thought I was cashing that bad boy. Crazy thing is, had I bet at william hill I'd of won because they give you slightly better spreads. It was late, new years eve, so I bet at the strip at southpoint.

    ... It was Matt Flynn... I remember that game too because Jordy Nelson should have been sitting out that game, getting rest before the playoffs. He ended up scoring like 3 TDs.
    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by mgmprofits]

    Wow, only a $700 loss and years later you still feel that? And I thought I was bad being bummed out the next day. lol I get over the losses usually within 24 hours

    I had one loss for $4500 which was by one game by half point, at last second, on a fluke touchdown. That one hurt for a while. I bet $300 on a teaser and the last game was Detroit +3.5 on the teaser, they were in green Bay and Rodgers wasnt playing. But the backup QB threw for like 550 yeards. Detroit was up and winning with hardly anytime left but then that insane QB (Dont even remember his name) threw for another TD at the last second, and destroyed my ticket. I thought I was cashing that bad boy. Crazy thing is, had I bet at william hill I'd of won because they give you slightly better spreads. It was late, new years eve, so I bet at the strip at southpoint.

    ... It was Matt Flynn... I remember that game too because Jordy Nelson should have been sitting out that game, getting rest before the playoffs. He ended up scoring like 3 TDs.
     
    HFS
    HFS
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 26
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 2:58 PM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by masterkush:



    Anyways, go get some pusay and beat that ish  up. That alaays makes me feel better after a bad loss.... my wife is walking funny this morning after my denver loss.

    Good luck and keep your head up


    made my day

    that's her
    that's me


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by masterkush:



    Anyways, go get some pusay and beat that ish  up. That alaays makes me feel better after a bad loss.... my wife is walking funny this morning after my denver loss.

    Good luck and keep your head up


    made my day

    that's her
    that's me


     
    HFS
    HFS
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 26
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 2:59 PM ET #46

    Quote Originally Posted by masterkush:



    Anyways, go get some pusay and beat that ish  up. That alaays makes me feel better after a bad loss.... my wife is walking funny this morning after my denver loss.

    Good luck and keep your head up


    made my day

    that's her
    that's me


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by masterkush:



    Anyways, go get some pusay and beat that ish  up. That alaays makes me feel better after a bad loss.... my wife is walking funny this morning after my denver loss.

    Good luck and keep your head up


    made my day

    that's her
    that's me


     
    skullf
    skullf
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 246
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 3:51 PM ET #47

    Thanks for your honesty, all sports bettors feel your pain. Money management is of course the main principle to master and is illusive. We are all human and weak , sports betting is gambling not investing, we all have instances when we chase losses and lose all rationality. Money may be the root of all evil, too much breeds greed , too little breeds desperation . You have your physical health and that is huge, you recognize your failings- that is huge, you've shared your tale of woe- that is huge. You're on your way back to liking yourself, find your focus, find something positive to enjoy. Thanks again for bringing this gambling thing that all of us enjoy and suffer with into perspective! 
    Reply
    Thanks for your honesty, all sports bettors feel your pain. Money management is of course the main principle to master and is illusive. We are all human and weak , sports betting is gambling not investing, we all have instances when we chase losses and lose all rationality. Money may be the root of all evil, too much breeds greed , too little breeds desperation . You have your physical health and that is huge, you recognize your failings- that is huge, you've shared your tale of woe- that is huge. You're on your way back to liking yourself, find your focus, find something positive to enjoy. Thanks again for bringing this gambling thing that all of us enjoy and suffer with into perspective! 
     
    Davenz
    Davenz
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 1264
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 4:24 PM ET #48

    You lost because of weak methods. And possibly poor money management.

    Some of us make a comfortable living from sportsbetting.
    Reply
    You lost because of weak methods. And possibly poor money management.

    Some of us make a comfortable living from sportsbetting.
     
    Davenz
    Davenz
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 1264
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 4:26 PM ET #49

    Oh and its not "gambling" if u have great methods.
    Reply
    Oh and its not "gambling" if u have great methods.
     
     
    tfrizzle
    tfrizzle
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 63
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2015 - 4:26 PM ET #50

    A lot of us have been there bro, just keep your head up. Get back in the game of life! For us to be on here we all have that itch. Just need to learn to control it, money management. Take care of what needs to be taken care of first, family and friends. Do this on the side as a little bit of fun, don't know how getting kicked in the balls over and over is fun, but we enjoy it for some odd reason! Focus on the good things in life, get it back together, and if you ever do bet again just try to keep it under control
    Reply
    A lot of us have been there bro, just keep your head up. Get back in the game of life! For us to be on here we all have that itch. Just need to learn to control it, money management. Take care of what needs to be taken care of first, family and friends. Do this on the side as a little bit of fun, don't know how getting kicked in the balls over and over is fun, but we enjoy it for some odd reason! Focus on the good things in life, get it back together, and if you ever do bet again just try to keep it under control
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,901
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 436
    • PART DEUX 160
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 848
    • Week 6 Money 8,536
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,291
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,265

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.