Search model icon

We are listening! Exciting updates to share based on your feedback

Participants:
Views: 1308

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

Hi everyone – Thank you for all the great feedback with our March 2nd forum enhancement.

We know how important our forum is to our community of passionate sports fans so we appreciate hearing from long-time & new Covers users alike. Your valued feedback allows us to know what areas we need to further improve upon. Bottom line: we’re listening.

We’re very excited to announce that we’ve removed larger ads on top of the page and the slide in video ads to improve your overall Covers experience.

The following are additional items that we’re working to have completed between now and the middle of March:

Bug fixes:

- Adding the ability to change font sizes  

- Adding back in our emojis  

- Changing the color of the links of threads you’ve visited  

- Alternating the threads and posts background color to make things more legible

- Reducing the width of our pages on desktop  

- Removing reCHAPTCHA for regular users (3 months & 100 posts) 

- Reducing the height of mobile threads to display more threads on the screen  

- Increasing the size of avatar pictures on all devices  

- Restyling the forum homepage to make it more legible 

Feature enhancements:

- Integrating gifs  

- Being able to edit posts/threads within the first 5 mins of creation  

- Adding a dislike button  

- Adding the ability to mouseover thread previews on desktop 

- Adding time restriction for new users to post to help fight spammers (90 seconds between each post)

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on our new forum enhancements. Please email us directly at support@coversmedia.com with any additional comments or questions or leave a comment in this thread. We ask for your patience as we reply.

We want to hear from you!

- Covers Team

Winning Starts Here

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

You can’t possibly be this daft? Could you post for me the positive feed back you got?  99% of people hate it, with good reason.

Train wreck.

Sharp as a spoon

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

After having an open mind, I agree with everyone else. This is just a jumbled mess. I enjoyed in the prior format that you can see when the last post was (15 mins, 30 mins, etc) I could also see how popular a post was by how many pages. Both of these are now gone. I also would like to just skip to the last page of some multi-page post, but that’s no longer an option. 

also, where is the search function?  I can’t seem to find it. 

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Slower than older version to bring up threads. On Safari for IPad if you go to thread with multiple pages you are not able to jump to next page or the end.

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

This new forum is terrible. Also u need to add the block option for the trolling that goes on. Way to much of it and it’s very bad look for you guys. If ppl wanna post there picks they should be allowed to without the idiots trolling cause they have nothing else better to do with there day

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Covers from a business standpoint, you blew it BIG time. The almighty dollar won out once again over common sense. Let's just look at your above post as an example of your lack of business sense. You have had this new forum up and running for what, over a year? Then you announce that the old one (which was the one that worked) was coming down for good. The above, 9 bug fixes, has been going on for months. You decided to put out a defective, POS product on a certain date due to financial reasons. AND they still continue....go and look at forums and see the people still complaining. I know in my business we don't put something out that we have not tested time and time again. Whoever is in charge needs to take a deeper look. 

One other thing, you must have run off all of the good MODS that was here, minus Lipps and Weebs, because the content of your forums, including the bashing and language have gone downhill fast . You must have pissed them off as well. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

new format sucks, you guys choked....AGAIN

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

Delete my account I’m done with covers

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

Quote Originally Posted by incognegro:

After having an open mind, I agree with everyone else. This is just a jumbled mess. I enjoyed in the prior format that you can see when the last post was (15 mins, 30 mins, etc) I could also see how popular a post was by how many pages. Both of these are now gone. I also would like to just skip to the last page of some multi-page post, but that’s no longer an option.  also, where is the search function?  I can’t seem to find it.

Hi incognegro,

Thanks for the feedback. You can see what time the last post was on the left hand side of each thread. However, we can investigate bringing back the 15-minute interval icon if that proves to be popular among users. You can still skip to the last page of a multi-page thread by clicking 'Last Post'. Within any thread, you have the ability to jump directly to any page number. The search function is on the main Forum homepage. That is something we are looking to enhance in the future.

Regards,

- CT

Winning Starts Here

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Quote Originally Posted by Billieve1:

Slower than older version to bring up threads. On Safari for IPad if you go to thread with multiple pages you are not able to jump to next page or the end.

Hi Billieve1,

Thanks for reaching out. We are looking into the loading speed on tablets and the ability to jump to a certain page. We will keep you posted with any updates.

- CT

Winning Starts Here

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

Quote Originally Posted by RoboCapper:

This should be an embarrassment to Covers. NONE of these so-called enhancements were worth this mess I call a bad acid trip. People don't care about emojis and gifs, they care about the overall experience, ease of use, navigation and legibility.... nothing about this new format caters to these user demands.  This was just another horrible business decision by Covers.

Hi RoboCapper,

Thanks for voicing your concerns. Please understand we are gathering all of this feedback to try and optimize the new forum experience and those factors you mentioned are very important. Regarding ease of use, are you typically a mobile or desktop user? In terms of navigation, are you finding it difficult to locate certain threads or posts? We have added some shading to help eliminate white space and darkened fonts to improve legibility. Is there anything else you would like to see added?

Look forward to hearing from you.

- CT

Winning Starts Here

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

Quote Originally Posted by Teague79:

This new forum is terrible. Also u need to add the block option for the trolling that goes on. Way to much of it and it’s very bad look for you guys. If ppl wanna post there picks they should be allowed to without the idiots trolling cause they have nothing else better to do with there day

Hi Teague79,

Thanks for you feedback. Our developers will investigate the ability to add a block/ignore user feature, that is something we have received requests about before. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions.

- CT

Winning Starts Here

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #13

I have had no problems posting in this new format...…...until today.  Now I cannot create a thread.   everytime I click submit, it says recaptcha validation has failed.   I have tried again and again hitting submit and I get it over and over again.... won't work on my lap-top either.    Will I be able to post new threads?      Can you please remove recaptcha for me?   as a long time regular user?

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #14

Quote Originally Posted by GASportsDoc:

Covers from a business standpoint, you blew it BIG time. The almighty dollar won out once again over common sense. Let's just look at your above post as an example of your lack of business sense. You have had this new forum up and running for what, over a year? Then you announce that the old one (which was the one that worked) was coming down for good. The above, 9 bug fixes, has been going on for months. You decided to put out a defective, POS product on a certain date due to financial reasons. AND they still continue....go and look at forums and see the people still complaining. I know in my business we don't put something out that we have not tested time and time again. Whoever is in charge needs to take a deeper look.  One other thing, you must have run off all of the good MODS that was here, minus Lipps and Weebs, because the content of your forums, including the bashing and language have gone downhill fast . You must have pissed them off as well.

Hi GASportsDoc,

Thanks for reaching out. We understand that the new forum is not a perfect product and we hear the concerns our users are sharing. Rest assured, we are working diligently to address each and everyone of those and implement the necessary tweaks. We would love to hear more from veteran users like yourself regarding these changes. We still have a great team of moderators that do their best to enforce the community guidelines. Please feel free to use the new 'Report User' tool should you see any inappropriate behavior in the forums. 

Best,

- CT

Winning Starts Here

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #15

Quote Originally Posted by SteamCave:

new format sucks, you guys choked....AGAIN

Hi SteamCave,

We would love to hear which aspects of the new forum you are not satisfied with. 

Thanks,

-CT

Winning Starts Here

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #16

Quote Originally Posted by bfodor:

Delete my account I’m done with covers

Hi bfodor,

We are sorry to hear you say that. What changes would you like to see added to the new forum?

Thanks,

- CT

Winning Starts Here

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #17

Quote Originally Posted by PeterBlack:

I have had no problems posting in this new format...…...until today.  Now I cannot create a thread.   everytime I click submit, it says recaptcha validation has failed.   I have tried again and again hitting submit and I get it over and over again.... won't work on my lap-top either.    Will I be able to post new threads?      Can you please remove recaptcha for me?   as a long time regular user?

Hi PeterBlack,

We are looking into the issue with the Recaptcha validation now. If you can provide device/browser/operating system details, that would help us investigate.

Thanks,

- CT

Winning Starts Here

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #18

You took away the ability to go directly to the last page. Also, I thought the time that a post was posted was an excellent tool. Why did you remove that??

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #19

Show the last post time and not just date 

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #20

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjacksusan:

You took away the ability to go directly to the last page. Also, I thought the time that a post was posted was an excellent tool. Why did you remove that??

Hi Blackjacksusan,

Thanks for reaching out. You can still access the last page of a thread by clicking on 'Last Post'. We are looking to restore the 15/30/45/60 minute icons on the main forum pages to indicate recently commented-on threads.

- CT

Winning Starts Here

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #21

Quote Originally Posted by Chico_001:

Show the last post time and not just date

Hi Chico_001,

Are you referring to the last post time on mobile?

Thanks, 

- CT

Winning Starts Here

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #22

Hate it im out

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #23

the old forum showed the exact time of every post (at top of post)….it didn't say 15 minutes or 4 hours or 6 hours......it showed the EXACT time of post.

Is there a problem with having this carry over to this new thing?

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #24

Emojis?  Will they be available?  What happened to all of them?  

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #25

New forum SUPER SUCK

Gaurantee no ones gonna stay here any longer. Love the old forum better

bring it back!!

Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GPWA Logo GDPR Logo GeoTrust Logo Evalon Logo