Search forums
Search model icon

Permanently Switching to our NEW Forum on March 2

Participants:
Views: 7487
Posts: 62
 
Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2001
Posts: 50933
Posted: #1

As of March 2nd, we will be making the permanent switch to our new forum.

Many of you are already using the new forum but the old forum will be unavailable as of this date. We want you to know that we are making this move with you, the user, in mind.

We realize that the transition might not be easy for everyone but we have tried to keep the existing functionality of the forum intact while adding new features:

  • Mobile friendly. This means that the forum will have a consistent look across all of your devices.

  • Better spam protection. The added spam filters mean you’ll see fewer unwanted posts.

  • Other updates. Additional user experience improvements have already been made and were released periodically throughout the summer of 2019. You can read about these features here:

 

CLICK HERE to read about Forum Release 1 updates

CLICK HERE to read about Forum Release 2 updates

CLICK HERE to read about Forum Release 3 updates

 

We’re also working on making our new forum experience even better in the future, including in the following areas:

  • Email notifications. Get notified when someone you're following makes a post or creates a thread.

  • Editing. The ability to edit your posts after they’ve been made.

  • Search functionality. An improved search experience so you can find what you’re looking for.

 

As we make the transition to our new forum, we’d like to get your constructive feedback.

Please feel free to let us know what you think of the Covers forum experience in this thread or email us at support@coversmedia.com

Thanks for being a Covers forum user!

The Covers Team

Winning Starts Here
 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2010
Posts: 7867
Posted: #2

the new forum is and always has been a disaster......this site will be no more in a few years because of it.  No-one likes it

 
Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2001
Posts: 50933
Posted: #3

Hello St2ee,

We appreciate all of our users' feedback as we transition to the new forum. However, our goal is to keep it constructive in nature. We ask that you please email us at support@coversmedia.com and let us know what in particular you are not satisfied with. That way, we can implement those changes to ensure our user experience is the best it can be.

Thanks,

Covers-Team

Winning Starts Here
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2007
Posts: 277
Posted: #4

can you please see my recent post covers referee with my issues on the site, thank you.

 
Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2001
Posts: 50933
Posted: #5

Quote Originally Posted by mattpgh412:

can you please see my recent post covers referee with my issues on the site, thank you.

Hi mattpgh412,

Can you please send us the link to that post?

Thanks,

- CT

Winning Starts Here
 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: Jun, 2012
Posts: 708
Posted: #6

How can you set up email notifications when someone you follow posts in the forum?

Thank you.  This would be great festure 

 
Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2001
Posts: 50933
Posted: #7

Quote Originally Posted by JK4507:

How can you set up email notifications when someone you follow posts in the forum? Thank you.  This would be great festure

Hi JK4507,

Thanks for reaching out. That is a very popular request and we agree it would be a great feature. We are working to get that implemented in the future and will keep you posted with any updates along the way!

- CT

Winning Starts Here
 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Dec, 2014
Posts: 2334
Posted: #8

Quote Originally Posted by Covers-Team:

Quote Originally Posted by JK4507:

How can you set up email notifications when someone you follow posts in the forum? Thank you.  This would be great festure
Hi JK4507, Thanks for reaching out. That is a very popular request and we agree it would be a great feature. We are working to get that implemented in the future and will keep you posted with any updates along the way! - CT

I have a hard time believing that this response is genuine, because if you set up this feature, your site would get far less traffic and let's be honest....it is all about traffic.  This feature will never be implemented IMO and is not being worked on.

Thank you!

 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2016
Posts: 15
Posted: #9

piece of .... garbage

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2018
Posts: 1214
Posted: #10

End of an era. I can at least say I was here for the "Golden Age" for Covers. It was a great forum for sure in the old format. 

 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2016
Posts: 153
Posted: #11

same colour for titles i already saw and new titles for threads i havent clicked on yet?

 
Rookie
Participation Meter
Joined: Jul, 2012
Posts: 533
Posted: #12

Just wondering why covers would do this ? Majority of people don’t like the new look. Just doesn’t make sense 

 
MVP
Participation Meter
Joined: Jan, 2004
Posts: 15192
Posted: #13

This surely isn’t more mobile friendly 

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2006
Posts: 12505
Posted: #14

Quote Originally Posted by St2ee:

the new forum is and always has been a disaster......this site will be no more in a few years because of it.  No-one likes it

You are FULL OF SHIT!!!

This format is:

A COMPLETE DISASTER!!!

It is, ONLY YOUR POCKETS, that you are thinking about!!!

ZERO RESPECT for ALL the faithful longtime users, that kept you afloat, ALL THESE YEARS!!!

TOTALLY UNGREATFULL!!!

I hope this site closes & goes out of business soon, and, EVERYBODY switches & goes to ANY OF the myriad of equally-good and similar sites on the web!!!

 

 
Captain
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2015
Posts: 6607
Posted: #15

This site is horrible......

 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2016
Posts: 95
Posted: #16

hate it. anyone here likes this new site? btw, pubs popping up even with adblock on. bye bye

 
Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Joined: Feb, 2012
Posts: 21078
Posted: #17

If the new site is so good why cant they get rid of the unauthorized emogies [image from unapproved source]

 
Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2001
Posts: 50933
Posted: #18

Quote Originally Posted by dailywinnas:

same colour for titles i already saw and new titles for threads i havent clicked on yet?

Hi dailywinnas,

Thanks for the feedback. We will get that implemented on the New Forum so it will indicate which threads you have viewed.

- CT

Winning Starts Here
 
Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2001
Posts: 50933
Posted: #19

Quote Originally Posted by greekypicks:

hate it. anyone here likes this new site? btw, pubs popping up even with adblock on. bye bye

Hi greekypicks,

If you are experiencing issues with pop-ups, please email support@coversmedia.com with a screenshot and we can investigate.

Thanks,

- CT

Winning Starts Here
 
Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2001
Posts: 50933
Posted: #20

Quote Originally Posted by cjm2008:

If the new site is so good why cant they get rid of the unauthorized emogies [image from unapproved source]

Hi cjm2008,

Are you referring to the Classic Emoticons? If so, we are working to get those restored. If it is a different issue with emoticons, can you please provide a little more detail?

Thanks,

- CT

Winning Starts Here
 
Prospect
Participation Meter
Joined: Mar, 2018
Posts: 482
Posted: #21

I hate the new way y’all are doing this. 
I can’t switch back to old way.  
so much easier seeing post and looking around.  Wow. Good job at F n this forum up

 
Veteran
Participation Meter
Joined: Jun, 2007
Posts: 1148
Posted: #22

This is a total disaster!  Probably won't spend much time here anymore.  Time to move on! 

 
Banned
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2016
Posts: 153
Posted: #23

Quote Originally Posted by Covers-Team:

Quote Originally Posted by dailywinnas:

same colour for titles i already saw and new titles for threads i havent clicked on yet?
Hi dailywinnas, Thanks for the feedback. We will get that implemented on the New Forum so it will indicate which threads you have viewed. - CT

 

until then, i am out.

 

btw, if you are planning this, planning that, why starting the new format, and removing the old one, if your new format is not all set? its been like a year or longer, since you started it, and its still a work in progress. i am out until you implement the colour thing. i do not want to open the same thread 20 times. 

 
All-Star
Participation Meter
Joined: Apr, 2016
Posts: 10562
Posted: #24

Wow Covers? might be like a ghost town for a little bit around here...seems everyone hates new look!!...new_poop

STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS!!!!!
 
Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Joined: Aug, 2001
Posts: 50933
Posted: #25

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefthechief1:

I hate the new way y’all are doing this. I can’t switch back to old way.  so much easier seeing post and looking around.  Wow. Good job at F n this forum up

Hi Chiefthechief1,

Thanks for reaching out. In terms of being easier to see the posts, do you mean the number of posts you see in one view? What would you like to see different about the layout of the new format? We look forward to hearing from you.

- CT

Winning Starts Here
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GPWA Logo GDPR Logo GeoTrust Logo Evalon Logo