New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

NEW FORMAT SUCKS

Participants:
Views: 977

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

YOUR NEW FORMAT SUCKS.

I CHANGED THE COLOR OF THE TEXT TO BLUE BUT WHEN IT POSTS IN THE THREAD IT'S BLACK.

THIS HAS HAPPENED FOR SOME TIME NOW.

ALSO, WHEN I TRY TO CREATE A THREAD WITH THE NEW FORMAT, THE RECAPTCHA  BOX IS NOT VISIBLE. THIS SEEMS LIKE A PROBLEM THAT WILL NEED TO BE ADDRESSED BEFORE MARCH 2ND. YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE USERS WHO HAVE BEEN HERE FOR YEARS LEAVE BECAUSE YOUR SITE WILL BECOME UNUSABLE.

PLEASE DO NOT GET RID OF THE OLD FORMAT. THAT IS A TERRIBLE DECISION IF YOU DO.

Quote Post Report User

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

The reCAPTCHA is working as intended.

We will continue to take any suggestions for how to improve the forums, beyond 'I hate this, change it back', in the Forum Updates thread. 

https://www.covers.com/forum/40840/forum-updates

C-T

Winning Starts Here

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

WHAT ABOUT THE COLOR OF THE TEXT?

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

WHAT ABOUT THE COLOR OF THE TEXT?

Covers Team Icon Covers Team
Posted: #5

Hi Jimc, 

I don't seem to have any issues posting in different colors. Once you highlight the text and select your color, you need to click on the color icon to apply the change.

Here is a text in Blue 

Here is a text in Red

If you are still having issues, please provide the following details: 

- Device

- Browser

- Operating System 

- If you have tried this in private browsing with no extensions 

Winning Starts Here

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

The reCAPTCHA is working as intended.

Doing great job in Soccer Forum.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

just want to leave it be many of us in states are getting problems with new format

i cant even post on mobile because of that stinking covers logo always flashing and the full screen pop over ads and yes i have ad blocker on i phone

new format stinks like crazy it is not user friendly

i only use it to post you tube videos in the thread

and they dont always go in

I LOVE GAMBLING

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

I hate the new forum, change it back.

Posted: #9

Hi @Zebrakiller 

If you are having a problem with posting in the new the forum, we'd be more than happy to take a look at it. Can you kindly outline your: 

- Device (iPhone, PC, Mac)

- Operating System (IOS, Windows, Android)

- Browser (e.g. Chrome, Brave, Firefox, ...)

a screenshot or screen recording is always helpful as well so that we can try our best to replicate & resolve the issue. 

In relation to your point about the layout/design of the forum. We have an open channel (as outlined in the change management post) to receive feedback and make adjustments that will benefit the majority of our users so please do reach out. 

@HotRod11

We are committed to the outlined date to retire the old forum but we would love to hear some more specifics about why you don't like the new format or if you have any technical issues with the new forum whatsoever. Please use the above template to communicate your device specs. 

Thanks

Winning Starts Here

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Quote Originally Posted by Covers-Sam:

Hi Jimc,  I don't seem to have any issues posting in different colors. Once you highlight the text and select your color, you need to click on the color icon to apply the change. Here is a text in Blue  Here is a text in Red If you are still having issues, please provide the following details:  - Device - Browser - Operating System  - If you have tried this in private browsing with no extensions
I USE AN ACER COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 AND GOOGLE CHROME. I HAVE BOLDED AND HIGHLIGHTED THE TEXT TO TURN IT GREEN. IT SHOWS IT IN GREEN BEFORE I CLICK SUBMIT BUT WON'T POST THAT WAY.

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

ALSO, WHEN CREATING A NEW THREAD USING THE NEW FORUM, THERE IS STILL NO BOX TO CLICK TO PROVE I AM NOT A ROBOT.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

Well, covers will do what covers wants to do. IMO, and not being an ahole, the users who despise will not be listened to. Just observation from the history of these "changes". This text is in supposed to be in blue

If it is NOT in blue, it shows the issue people are having. I will NOT need an explanation on how to highlight the text, click on color icon. The last sentence is bold.

If and when these don't work....................... If they do, then it is working

"I can teach you how to lie, CONVINCINGLY" Smack

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #13

Quote Originally Posted by jimc0911:

ALSO, WHEN CREATING A NEW THREAD USING THE NEW FORUM, THERE IS STILL NO BOX TO CLICK TO PROVE I AM NOT A ROBOT.

https://www.covers.com/forum/ViewThread/103399730/cant-post-because-of-this-recaptcha-crap

Winning Starts Here

Covers Referee
Participation Meter
Posted: #14

Quote Originally Posted by wmi799:

Well, covers will do what covers wants to do. IMO, and not being an ahole, the users who despise will not be listened to. Just observation from the history of these "changes". This text is in supposed to be in blue If it is NOT in blue, it shows the issue people are having. I will NOT need an explanation on how to highlight the text, click on color icon. The last sentence is bold. If and when these don't work....................... If they do, then it is working

So this looks to be working for you. You still seem upset about the change, are there any other issues you can point us to directly which are causing your frustrations.

Winning Starts Here

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #15

Well, covers will do what covers wants to do. IMO, and not being an ahole, the users who despise will not be listened to. Just observation from the history of these "changes". This text is in supposed to be in blue If it is NOT in blue, it shows the issue people are having. I will NOT need an explanation on how to highlight the text, click on color icon. The last sentence is bold. If and when these don't work....................... If they do, then it is working
WMI...I CAN SEE YOUR TEXT IN BLUE...I CANNOT SEE MY OWN POST AFTER I CLICK SUBMIT. I TOO DO NOT NEED THE LECTURE ON HOW TO HIGHLIGHT AND SELECT A COLOR. I DID ALL OF THEAT AND IT IS STILL NOT WORKING FOR ME AND CT HAS STILL NOT RESPONDED HOW TO FIX IT OR IF IT WILL BE ADDRESSED.

thumbs_up

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #16

Quote Originally Posted by Covers-Team:

https://www.covers.com/forum/ViewThread/103399730/cant-post-because-of-this-recaptcha-crap
THIS IS ZERO HELP AT ALL

LET ME BE MORE CLEAR....THE RECAPTCHA BOX IS AVAILABLE IN THE OLD FORUM STYLE....I DO NOT SEE IT AT ALL WHEN I USE THE NEW FORUM. I CANNOT CREATE A NEW THREAD USING THE NEW FORUM. YOUR LINK DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY ANSWERS FOR ME. THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #17

THIS IS ZERO HELP AT ALL LET ME BE MORE CLEAR....THE RECAPTCHA BOX IS AVAILABLE IN THE OLD FORUM STYLE....I DO NOT SEE IT AT ALL WHEN I USE THE NEW FORUM. I CANNOT CREATE A NEW THREAD USING THE NEW FORUM. YOUR LINK DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY ANSWERS FOR ME. THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!
OK....IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING NOW...THANKS

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #18

WHAT ABOUT THE TEXT/COLOR ISSUE? AM I THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM?

confused

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #19

So this looks to be working for you. You still seem upset about the change, are there any other issues you can point us to directly which are causing your frustrations.
I am fine with it all.  I am just stating my honest opinion about what covers will do. I sincerely feel covers does not care about the complaints and nothing can sway me on this. Too much history of seeing nothing done.

It's your site, do as you will and I appreciate your response peace_5

"I can teach you how to lie, CONVINCINGLY" Smack

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #20

I will suggest one thing for those of us (like me) complaining about the size and look.  I'm on Chrome and if I reduce the zoom to 90%, it looks a lot cleaner and more like the old forum.

Testing out the color issue.  This should be redThis should be blue.

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #21

Quote Originally Posted by bk1374:

I will suggest one thing for those of us (like me) complaining about the size and look.  I'm on Chrome and if I reduce the zoom to 90%, it looks a lot cleaner and more like the old forum.   Testing out the color issue.  This should be red.  This should be blue.
BK...THE SIZE CHANGE HELPS. I CAN ALSO SEE YOUR TEXT IN RED AND BLUE.

I JUST CAN'T SEE MY POSTS IN ANY COLOR THAN BLACK.

Posted: #22

Hi @wmi799 

We very much do care about the complaints and user feedback. Unfortunately, the majority of the feedback that we have received is not actionable nor do they provide any insight (e.g. New forum sux, don't remove the change link, I hate the new forum). We have made multiple changes to the forum based on actionable insight and user feedback. 

Hi @BK1374

Our forum text size is based on industry standards to ensure legibility and be in compliance with Google's mobile and desktop accessibility requirements. You mentioned the page looks better if you zoom out to 90%, may i know your screen size and also your screen resolution ? (e.g. 17" 1920x1080) 

Hi @JimC 

Since the colors are working for everyone, I'd stay its an isolated issue to your specific device. Have you tried posting from a different device to see if it works or possibly having extensions or Ad. Blocker interfere with the text editor? 

Thank you 

Winning Starts Here

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #23

SAM.... I'M NOT SURE HOW TO ADJUST IT IF THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

IF IT IS THE PROBLEM, I DON'T KNOW WHY I CAN SEE OTHER COLORED TEXTS AND NOT MY OWN, AS WELL AS SEE IT IN COLORS BEFORE I CLICK SUBMIT. THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WHEN USING THE OLD FORMAT, JUST THE NEW ONE.

I AM POSTING THIS IN GREEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT COLOR YOU SEE WHEN USING THE NEW FORMAT

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #24

SAM.... I'M NOT SURE HOW TO ADJUST IT IF THAT IS THE PROBLEM. IF IT IS THE PROBLEM, I DON'T KNOW WHY I CAN SEE OTHER COLORED TEXTS AND NOT MY OWN, AS WELL AS SEE IT IN COLORS BEFORE I CLICK SUBMIT. THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WHEN USING THE OLD FORMAT, JUST THE NEW ONE. I AM POSTING THIS IN GREEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT COLOR YOU SEE WHEN USING THE NEW FORMAT

It's green for me in the CLASSIC FORMAT and black in the new format. CLASSIC IS THE BEST!

Posted: #25

SAM.... I'M NOT SURE HOW TO ADJUST IT IF THAT IS THE PROBLEM. IF IT IS THE PROBLEM, I DON'T KNOW WHY I CAN SEE OTHER COLORED TEXTS AND NOT MY OWN, AS WELL AS SEE IT IN COLORS BEFORE I CLICK SUBMIT. THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WHEN USING THE OLD FORMAT, JUST THE NEW ONE. I AM POSTING THIS IN GREEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT COLOR YOU SEE WHEN USING THE NEW FORMAT

Hi Jim, 

I can possibly schedule a remote session to have a look at the forum on your desktop but unfortunately, I won't be much help in terms of your mobile screen as I can't see what you are looking at to troubleshoot. 

Winning Starts Here
Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo