• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    WEEK 1 TEASERt

    12 Next Last»
    phillysports717
    Shua12collegeFB
    VEGASJASON
    TexanJohn
    mws
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2117
    Posts: 32
    12 Next Last»
     
    phillysports717
    phillysports717
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2016
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2016 - 9:01 PM ET #1

    3 team, 10 point teaser. Which team loses?

    Penn St. -9
    Tennessee -12
    Alabama EVEN


    also 
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    3 team, 10 point teaser. Which team loses?

    Penn St. -9
    Tennessee -12
    Alabama EVEN


    also 
     
    phillysports717
    phillysports717
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2016
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2016 - 9:02 PM ET #2

    also thinking about UF -26
    Reply
    also thinking about UF -26
     
    Shua12collegeFB
    Shua12collegeFB
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2016
    Posts: 393
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2016 - 9:03 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by phillysports717:

    3 team, 10 point teaser. Which team loses?

    Penn St. -9
    Tennessee -12
    Alabama EVEN


    also 

    Looks pretty good, Tennessee could very well be overhyped.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysports717:

    3 team, 10 point teaser. Which team loses?

    Penn St. -9
    Tennessee -12
    Alabama EVEN


    also 

    Looks pretty good, Tennessee could very well be overhyped.
     
    phillysports717
    phillysports717
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2016
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2016 - 9:14 PM ET #4

    I could see them running into trouble later in the season, however I don't really see a sun belt team putting up a fight. Sun belt 4-13 ATS against power 5 conferences last year, 1-17 ATS with added 10 point teaser. Regardless, these senior leaders are fired up and will come out firing on all cylinders for a home night game. App st will have a very tough time scoring.
    Reply
    I could see them running into trouble later in the season, however I don't really see a sun belt team putting up a fight. Sun belt 4-13 ATS against power 5 conferences last year, 1-17 ATS with added 10 point teaser. Regardless, these senior leaders are fired up and will come out firing on all cylinders for a home night game. App st will have a very tough time scoring.
     
    VEGASJASON
    VEGASJASON
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1063
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2016 - 9:20 PM ET #5

    wow Philly digging deep with that Sun Belt ATS stat. I hate teasers but thanks for your homework on that.
    Reply
    wow Philly digging deep with that Sun Belt ATS stat. I hate teasers but thanks for your homework on that.
     
    phillysports717
    phillysports717
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2016
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2016 - 9:22 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by VEGASJASON:

    wow Philly digging deep with that Sun Belt ATS stat. I hate teasers but thanks for your homework on that.


    Just curious, why are you not a fan of teasers?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by VEGASJASON:

    wow Philly digging deep with that Sun Belt ATS stat. I hate teasers but thanks for your homework on that.


    Just curious, why are you not a fan of teasers?
     
    TexanJohn
    TexanJohn
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 113
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2016 - 9:30 PM ET #7

    Oklahoma pk vs. Houston
    Bama pk vs. USC
    Seahawks +1 vs. Dolphins

    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


    Reply
    Oklahoma pk vs. Houston
    Bama pk vs. USC
    Seahawks +1 vs. Dolphins

    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


     
    mws
    mws
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 7191
    Posted: Jul. 29, 2016 - 12:24 AM ET #8

    Alabama will win, but Penn State and Tennessee are awful plays in obvious lookahead spots.
    Reply
    Alabama will win, but Penn State and Tennessee are awful plays in obvious lookahead spots.
     
    LonghornHoosier
    LonghornHoosier
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 12303
    Posted: Jul. 29, 2016 - 7:33 AM ET #9

    what do these particular teasers pay?   why wouldn't you either play a 2 team parlay or individual bets...I will assume that you are giving a lot of juice, and if one of teams out of the gate is marginal, you lose the bet...
    LonghornHoosier
    Reply
    what do these particular teasers pay?   why wouldn't you either play a 2 team parlay or individual bets...I will assume that you are giving a lot of juice, and if one of teams out of the gate is marginal, you lose the bet...
     
    phillysports717
    phillysports717
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2016
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Jul. 30, 2016 - 9:48 AM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by mws:

    Alabama will win, but Penn State and Tennessee are awful plays in obvious lookahead spots.

    Disagree completely how can these be look ahead spots when they have been waiting for this game for months now? They will be prepared and focused. Tennessee will come out with a fired up crowd at a home night game. Penn State has a lot to prove this year and will be trying out their new up-tempo style. Kent State absolutely has no offense so 3 and outs will wear their defense down. I expect this to be a blowout.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mws:

    Alabama will win, but Penn State and Tennessee are awful plays in obvious lookahead spots.

    Disagree completely how can these be look ahead spots when they have been waiting for this game for months now? They will be prepared and focused. Tennessee will come out with a fired up crowd at a home night game. Penn State has a lot to prove this year and will be trying out their new up-tempo style. Kent State absolutely has no offense so 3 and outs will wear their defense down. I expect this to be a blowout.
     
    phillysports717
    phillysports717
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2016
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Jul. 30, 2016 - 12:15 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

    what do these particular teasers pay?   why wouldn't you either play a 2 team parlay or individual bets...I will assume that you are giving a lot of juice, and if one of teams out of the gate is marginal, you lose the bet...

    -128 and I am considering a few different parlay options but I wouldn't take Tennessee without the points from the teaser.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

    what do these particular teasers pay?   why wouldn't you either play a 2 team parlay or individual bets...I will assume that you are giving a lot of juice, and if one of teams out of the gate is marginal, you lose the bet...

    -128 and I am considering a few different parlay options but I wouldn't take Tennessee without the points from the teaser.
     
    Shua12collegeFB
    Shua12collegeFB
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2016
    Posts: 393
    Posted: Jul. 30, 2016 - 1:09 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by phillysports717:


    -128 and I am considering a few different parlay options but I wouldn't take Tennessee without the points from the teaser.

    This statement right here is exactly why you shouldn't play teasers. 

    If you wouldn't play it regular, usually the tease is not a great option also. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysports717:


    -128 and I am considering a few different parlay options but I wouldn't take Tennessee without the points from the teaser.

    This statement right here is exactly why you shouldn't play teasers. 

    If you wouldn't play it regular, usually the tease is not a great option also. 


     
    VEGASJASON
    VEGASJASON
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1063
    Posted: Jul. 30, 2016 - 1:47 PM ET #13

    The discipline a person has to have to find games that are worth teasing, then finding 3 of them. The Vegas percent take on teasers and parlays always exceeds its take on straight bets. I am not saying that a person can not find value you in teasers, but It is my belief it is a much harder thing to do than finding value you in straight bets. I have done a chart explaining what %s one needs to hit make various parlays worthwhile. The other worse bet out there in most case is futures. Over/Under futures are fine bets. Futures to win championships almost never offer value. I am 40 years old, been betting offshore since I was 18. I post on this site for the fun of discussing games (and for insights of others that I can use). The second reason I post so much on this site, is to hopefully make people think about math and betting strategy. 
    Reply
    The discipline a person has to have to find games that are worth teasing, then finding 3 of them. The Vegas percent take on teasers and parlays always exceeds its take on straight bets. I am not saying that a person can not find value you in teasers, but It is my belief it is a much harder thing to do than finding value you in straight bets. I have done a chart explaining what %s one needs to hit make various parlays worthwhile. The other worse bet out there in most case is futures. Over/Under futures are fine bets. Futures to win championships almost never offer value. I am 40 years old, been betting offshore since I was 18. I post on this site for the fun of discussing games (and for insights of others that I can use). The second reason I post so much on this site, is to hopefully make people think about math and betting strategy. 
     
    VEGASJASON
    VEGASJASON
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1063
    Posted: Jul. 30, 2016 - 1:49 PM ET #14

    SHUA I agree as usual with you, if your nervous about laying -21 -22 with a team why is laying -11 or -12 certainly great value. For instance I think someone has a parlay with LSU-OU-Alabama all down from -10 to pickem more less. Even in that instance I think doing a moneyline parlay pays slightly better. I think if ever teasers need to be used on certain numbers and more in super low scoring games. 
    Reply
    SHUA I agree as usual with you, if your nervous about laying -21 -22 with a team why is laying -11 or -12 certainly great value. For instance I think someone has a parlay with LSU-OU-Alabama all down from -10 to pickem more less. Even in that instance I think doing a moneyline parlay pays slightly better. I think if ever teasers need to be used on certain numbers and more in super low scoring games. 
     
    a1_tellem
    a1_tellem
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 186
    Posted: Jul. 30, 2016 - 7:29 PM ET #15

    Philly,
    How do you feel about the following 7 games being teased together?

    Psu -9
    UF - 26
    Lou - 28
    Tenn -13
    Ark -11
    Iowa -18 1/2
    OSU -17

    Essentially it's just power 5 schools vs group 5 schools but last year had I left weak ass, NO defense having AZ out of my teaser Ida landed big $. Last year week 1 I had Baylor -26, Ark -25, UGA -26, FLA -26, USC -19, UK -3 along with the only team in that mix without a defensive pulse...az -21 smh

    This year everyone in that list was rated top 40 in scoring defense, I hope to land it this year. What do you think?

    Reply
    Philly,
    How do you feel about the following 7 games being teased together?

    Psu -9
    UF - 26
    Lou - 28
    Tenn -13
    Ark -11
    Iowa -18 1/2
    OSU -17

    Essentially it's just power 5 schools vs group 5 schools but last year had I left weak ass, NO defense having AZ out of my teaser Ida landed big $. Last year week 1 I had Baylor -26, Ark -25, UGA -26, FLA -26, USC -19, UK -3 along with the only team in that mix without a defensive pulse...az -21 smh

    This year everyone in that list was rated top 40 in scoring defense, I hope to land it this year. What do you think?

     
    VEGASJASON
    VEGASJASON
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1063
    Posted: Jul. 30, 2016 - 9:21 PM ET #16

    Oh I see most of those games being very at risk, when I say very at risk I mean at least 20-25% of not covering. What odds do they give on a team 10pt? What book do you use?
    Reply
    Oh I see most of those games being very at risk, when I say very at risk I mean at least 20-25% of not covering. What odds do they give on a team 10pt? What book do you use?
     
    a1_tellem
    a1_tellem
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 186
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2016 - 12:07 AM ET #17

    I play at LVH superbook, they have a super teaser -10 points. 7 games wins me x 3.5

    I get it, statistically it's probably not the play but I've payed close attention to power 5 vs group 5 games in week 1 for the last 3 seasons. If you pick them right it's an easy lick.

    2014 I filled out 5 cards at $200 per @ LVH (5 because they max bet you at $200) with the following plays in a teaser

    USC, OU, OLE MISS, NB, UT,ND & Mich

    1,000 won me 4,000. Last year I missed out by one game, AZ fucking off vs UTSA.

    Trying to do get back on track this year. Stronger defensive squads should be the key as AZ shakey D cost me last year. Again not for everyone but Ima keep going.
    Reply
    I play at LVH superbook, they have a super teaser -10 points. 7 games wins me x 3.5

    I get it, statistically it's probably not the play but I've payed close attention to power 5 vs group 5 games in week 1 for the last 3 seasons. If you pick them right it's an easy lick.

    2014 I filled out 5 cards at $200 per @ LVH (5 because they max bet you at $200) with the following plays in a teaser

    USC, OU, OLE MISS, NB, UT,ND & Mich

    1,000 won me 4,000. Last year I missed out by one game, AZ fucking off vs UTSA.

    Trying to do get back on track this year. Stronger defensive squads should be the key as AZ shakey D cost me last year. Again not for everyone but Ima keep going.
     
    phillysports717
    phillysports717
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2016
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2016 - 3:09 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by a1_tellem:

    Philly,
    How do you feel about the following 7 games being teased together?

    Psu -9
    UF - 26
    Lou - 28
    Tenn -13
    Ark -11
    Iowa -18 1/2
    OSU -17

    Essentially it's just power 5 schools vs group 5 schools but last year had I left weak behind, NO defense having AZ out of my teaser Ida landed big $. Last year week 1 I had Baylor -26, Ark -25, UGA -26, FLA -26, USC -19, UK -3 along with the only team in that mix without a defensive pulse...az -21 smh

    This year everyone in that list was rated top 40 in scoring defense, I hope to land it this year. What do you think?


    Really like Psu, Tenn, OSU

    Not sure about UF just because of unpredictabilty, however uMass does have a terrible offense.

    Iffy about Iowa and Ark.

    What info have you gathered from prior years with Power 5 schools?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by a1_tellem:

    Philly,
    How do you feel about the following 7 games being teased together?

    Psu -9
    UF - 26
    Lou - 28
    Tenn -13
    Ark -11
    Iowa -18 1/2
    OSU -17

    Essentially it's just power 5 schools vs group 5 schools but last year had I left weak behind, NO defense having AZ out of my teaser Ida landed big $. Last year week 1 I had Baylor -26, Ark -25, UGA -26, FLA -26, USC -19, UK -3 along with the only team in that mix without a defensive pulse...az -21 smh

    This year everyone in that list was rated top 40 in scoring defense, I hope to land it this year. What do you think?


    Really like Psu, Tenn, OSU

    Not sure about UF just because of unpredictabilty, however uMass does have a terrible offense.

    Iffy about Iowa and Ark.

    What info have you gathered from prior years with Power 5 schools?
     
    VEGASJASON
    VEGASJASON
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1063
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2016 - 3:28 PM ET #19

    Were I in the 10 team teaser business. The games I would focus on are the 10-23 point favorites. The games I like ATS without regard to teasers are Lsu -10 , OU -10, Indiana -8, Minnesota -10.5 , Stanford -16, WKU -15, Alabama -10.5 (This is the one game I only like in 10pt teaser form). IF I was in the 7 team teaser business that is the one I would take week 1.
    Reply
    Were I in the 10 team teaser business. The games I would focus on are the 10-23 point favorites. The games I like ATS without regard to teasers are Lsu -10 , OU -10, Indiana -8, Minnesota -10.5 , Stanford -16, WKU -15, Alabama -10.5 (This is the one game I only like in 10pt teaser form). IF I was in the 7 team teaser business that is the one I would take week 1.
     
    VEGASJASON
    VEGASJASON
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1063
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2016 - 3:32 PM ET #20

    You said you get 3.5x? Then you said you bet 1000 to win 4000 last year?
    Reply
    You said you get 3.5x? Then you said you bet 1000 to win 4000 last year?
     
    mws
    mws
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 7191
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2016 - 3:47 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by phillysports717:


    Disagree completely how can these be look ahead spots when they have been waiting for this game for months now?


    LOL.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysports717:


    Disagree completely how can these be look ahead spots when they have been waiting for this game for months now?


    LOL.
     
    VEGASJASON
    VEGASJASON
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1063
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2016 - 3:51 PM ET #22

    I agree with Shua on Penn St -9.5 as a good teaser play as well, Tenn -11 not bad either,  Temple down to -6.5 , Smu -2, Boise St -9.5 , Nebraska -19.5 , No Ill Pk, Byu +11 . Wow I might actually be doing 2 7 team 10 point teasers the first week. Any tips on best sports book to use on these in Vegas on parlay cards? I will analyze lines between doing them offshore and in Vegas. Anyone have good Database on spreads and outcomes on final score numbers. I have a good database on basketball and NFL, but not on college football scores.
    Reply
    I agree with Shua on Penn St -9.5 as a good teaser play as well, Tenn -11 not bad either,  Temple down to -6.5 , Smu -2, Boise St -9.5 , Nebraska -19.5 , No Ill Pk, Byu +11 . Wow I might actually be doing 2 7 team 10 point teasers the first week. Any tips on best sports book to use on these in Vegas on parlay cards? I will analyze lines between doing them offshore and in Vegas. Anyone have good Database on spreads and outcomes on final score numbers. I have a good database on basketball and NFL, but not on college football scores.
     
    a1_tellem
    a1_tellem
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 186
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2016 - 5:00 PM ET #23

    Philly,

    I understand your concerns with Iowa and Ark as well as they are my lat two teams to make the cut for this parlay. However, to answer your question, those two games still fall into the criteria I look for when playing these games. 

    What I look for in these games after 3 years of playing these teasers are the following:

    1. Power 5 school vs FBS School (Pref SEC/BIG 10 because of physicality)
    2. Top 40 defense 
    3. Has to be playing at home 
    4. Either an efficient running game,do everything-QB or High Eff Passing attack
    5.Good recent History/stats playing against other group 5 schools

    If the team I'm betting on fits those 5 looks then I move on to their opponent and grade off of these things:

    1.4 Year Recruiting Class
    2. Recent History vs. Power 5 schools
    3. Ability (or lack thereof) to move the football
    4. Offensive and Defensive line weight and Recruiting level 
    5. QB play 

    One thing I've learned and we've all seen with the new playoff system is the necessity to win these cake games on your schedule by a ZILLION points because a close game vs a scrub can come back to hurt you in the style point department. So recently in the last three years there's been a bit of added incentive to really kick these group 5 and fcs teams fools. 

    One thing I've also learned in a lot of these games in the past is that it's not really about the ability of the favorite to score 40, 50 points as much as it's about how bad the other teams are and how many points they GIVE away. Alot of these schools are going to be playing in front of the biggest crowds in theyre life, where it is louder than it's every been and the opponents are bigger, faster and stronger than theyve ever been or will be all year. Fla hasn't been a big scorer in tradition but theyre last 3 or 4 games vs group 5 teams they have won by an average of over 45 ppg. So if you can stay away from playing good non power 5 school's you stand better chance of them just laying down. Other than Appalachian state and possibly LA tech (massive roster overhaul for LA tech this year) the games I like fit that criteria. The size, depth and athleticism usually just kills these teams that dont have some special high efficiency/offense to catch you off guard with. And app does not have that, they prefer power rush which didnt bode well with Clemson last year and not sure it will with Tenn. We'll see. 


    Jason,

    I apologize parlay 7 pays 4.5 to 1 so I bet 1,000 won 3,500 + my money back so 4,500. 

    They have decent parlay cards at all the casinos that have a CG technology book as well as at LVH. 

    Again not saying that this is a holeless approach or that its even statistically intelligent but it fits for me and I like this approach. 
    Reply
    Philly,

    I understand your concerns with Iowa and Ark as well as they are my lat two teams to make the cut for this parlay. However, to answer your question, those two games still fall into the criteria I look for when playing these games. 

    What I look for in these games after 3 years of playing these teasers are the following:

    1. Power 5 school vs FBS School (Pref SEC/BIG 10 because of physicality)
    2. Top 40 defense 
    3. Has to be playing at home 
    4. Either an efficient running game,do everything-QB or High Eff Passing attack
    5.Good recent History/stats playing against other group 5 schools

    If the team I'm betting on fits those 5 looks then I move on to their opponent and grade off of these things:

    1.4 Year Recruiting Class
    2. Recent History vs. Power 5 schools
    3. Ability (or lack thereof) to move the football
    4. Offensive and Defensive line weight and Recruiting level 
    5. QB play 

    One thing I've learned and we've all seen with the new playoff system is the necessity to win these cake games on your schedule by a ZILLION points because a close game vs a scrub can come back to hurt you in the style point department. So recently in the last three years there's been a bit of added incentive to really kick these group 5 and fcs teams fools. 

    One thing I've also learned in a lot of these games in the past is that it's not really about the ability of the favorite to score 40, 50 points as much as it's about how bad the other teams are and how many points they GIVE away. Alot of these schools are going to be playing in front of the biggest crowds in theyre life, where it is louder than it's every been and the opponents are bigger, faster and stronger than theyve ever been or will be all year. Fla hasn't been a big scorer in tradition but theyre last 3 or 4 games vs group 5 teams they have won by an average of over 45 ppg. So if you can stay away from playing good non power 5 school's you stand better chance of them just laying down. Other than Appalachian state and possibly LA tech (massive roster overhaul for LA tech this year) the games I like fit that criteria. The size, depth and athleticism usually just kills these teams that dont have some special high efficiency/offense to catch you off guard with. And app does not have that, they prefer power rush which didnt bode well with Clemson last year and not sure it will with Tenn. We'll see. 


    Jason,

    I apologize parlay 7 pays 4.5 to 1 so I bet 1,000 won 3,500 + my money back so 4,500. 

    They have decent parlay cards at all the casinos that have a CG technology book as well as at LVH. 

    Again not saying that this is a holeless approach or that its even statistically intelligent but it fits for me and I like this approach. 
     
    GTIP
    GTIP
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2016
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2016 - 5:20 PM ET #24

    I only tease home dogs. 
    Reply
    I only tease home dogs. 
     
     
    VEGASJASON
    VEGASJASON
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1063
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2016 - 6:20 PM ET #25

    A1 , Thanks for your very well laid out strategy and criteria. I think generally check list like that are a very good starting pointing for  making wagers. Matchups and gut feel always have to win the day at the end for me.   Say teasing each game make them 80% to cover

    80%
    64%
    51.2%
    40.96%
    32.8%
    26.2%
    21% to win 3.5 to 1 so not a good bet 
    next scenario at 85%

    85%
    68%
    57.4%
    48.79%
    41.74%
    35.47%
    30.14%  3.5x slightly profitable

    85% is a high bar to hurdle upon review even analyzing to death a
    game and moving it off the right numbers  down to the right numbers
    I see now way that teasers make sense. Best of luck on yours though.





    Reply
    A1 , Thanks for your very well laid out strategy and criteria. I think generally check list like that are a very good starting pointing for  making wagers. Matchups and gut feel always have to win the day at the end for me.   Say teasing each game make them 80% to cover

    80%
    64%
    51.2%
    40.96%
    32.8%
    26.2%
    21% to win 3.5 to 1 so not a good bet 
    next scenario at 85%

    85%
    68%
    57.4%
    48.79%
    41.74%
    35.47%
    30.14%  3.5x slightly profitable

    85% is a high bar to hurdle upon review even analyzing to death a
    game and moving it off the right numbers  down to the right numbers
    I see now way that teasers make sense. Best of luck on yours though.





    All Forums | College Football
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,515
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,148
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,727
    • Sunday 09/27/2026 506
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,011
    • HELP PLEASE 1,603
    • PART DEUX 230
    • Mike Trout Strikeouts 7,143
    • King of Covers Winner List 12,241
    • Another BS PI 936

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.