• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    NCAA Scrutinizing Tennessee Recruiting

    jimmydafreak
    GWarner27
    gambling-devil
    TheIron
    -29-
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1621
    Posts: 16
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 2:49 AM ET #1

    This doesn't sound good. 

    https://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/09/sports/ncaafootball/09tennessee.html?_r=1&hp

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    This doesn't sound good. 

    https://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/09/sports/ncaafootball/09tennessee.html?_r=1&hp

     
    GWarner27
    GWarner27
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 20963
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 3:16 AM ET #2

    i know a few girls at (the real) UT who are "Angels" and i'm giving them tips on recruiting as we speak
    Reply
    i know a few girls at (the real) UT who are "Angels" and i'm giving them tips on recruiting as we speak
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 3:23 AM ET #3

    Also:

    RB Coach Eddie Gran going to FSU

    https://www.tomahawknation.com/2009/12/6/1188108/tennessee-running-backs-coach

    WR Coach Frank WIlson going to LSU

    https://www.volunteertv.com/volsfootball/headlines/78600597.html

    Assistant Coach Ed Orgeron looks like he may rejoin Pete Carroll at USCw, and defensive coordinator Lance Thompson is headed to Louisville.

    WOW!!!  Sounds like everybody is getting the hell out of Dodge!!!

     

    Reply

    Also:

    RB Coach Eddie Gran going to FSU

    https://www.tomahawknation.com/2009/12/6/1188108/tennessee-running-backs-coach

    WR Coach Frank WIlson going to LSU

    https://www.volunteertv.com/volsfootball/headlines/78600597.html

    Assistant Coach Ed Orgeron looks like he may rejoin Pete Carroll at USCw, and defensive coordinator Lance Thompson is headed to Louisville.

    WOW!!!  Sounds like everybody is getting the hell out of Dodge!!!

     

     
    gambling-devil
    gambling-devil
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 18584
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 7:48 AM ET #4

    I read the post. I think it is recruiting genius as long as there is nothing illegal involve. If this is turned out to be "acceptable", many other schools would use this tactic.


    Every day out of the red is a big win.
    Reply
    I read the post. I think it is recruiting genius as long as there is nothing illegal involve. If this is turned out to be "acceptable", many other schools would use this tactic.


     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 9:57 AM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by gambling-devil:

    I read the post. I think it is recruiting genius as long as there is nothing illegal involve. If this is turned out to be "acceptable", many other schools would use this tactic.


    Well, I don't think using hostesses is a novel idea.  I think pretty much all programs do that in some form or fashion.  But sending hostesses off campus is something I've never heard of.  If this was legal, I don't think the NCAA would be pursing this as aggressively as they are.  They are interviewing recruits who have only verbally commited.  That is also very unusual.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by gambling-devil:

    I read the post. I think it is recruiting genius as long as there is nothing illegal involve. If this is turned out to be "acceptable", many other schools would use this tactic.


    Well, I don't think using hostesses is a novel idea.  I think pretty much all programs do that in some form or fashion.  But sending hostesses off campus is something I've never heard of.  If this was legal, I don't think the NCAA would be pursing this as aggressively as they are.  They are interviewing recruits who have only verbally commited.  That is also very unusual.

     

     
    TheIron
    TheIron
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 10:54 AM ET #6

    I seriously doubt there is any paper trail from Kiffin to a hostess with a google map directions to some town in South Carolina. Some unknown coach has turned this is in trying to stop top Carolina recruits from leaving the state. Probably something that will die out pretty soon. The 3 thugs that tried to rob someone is a much bigger deal for that University. As for the coaches, UT pays a few assistants BIG money and to lose some of the lesser paid coaches isn't a surprise. Orgeron isn't going to USC, at least I don't think so and Lance Thompson is the LB coach and if offered a defensive coordinator job who could blame him for taking it.
    Reply
    I seriously doubt there is any paper trail from Kiffin to a hostess with a google map directions to some town in South Carolina. Some unknown coach has turned this is in trying to stop top Carolina recruits from leaving the state. Probably something that will die out pretty soon. The 3 thugs that tried to rob someone is a much bigger deal for that University. As for the coaches, UT pays a few assistants BIG money and to lose some of the lesser paid coaches isn't a surprise. Orgeron isn't going to USC, at least I don't think so and Lance Thompson is the LB coach and if offered a defensive coordinator job who could blame him for taking it.
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 2:37 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIron:

    I seriously doubt there is any paper trail from Kiffin to a hostess with a google map directions to some town in South Carolina. Some unknown coach has turned this is in trying to stop top Carolina recruits from leaving the state. Probably something that will die out pretty soon. The 3 thugs that tried to rob someone is a much bigger deal for that University. As for the coaches, UT pays a few assistants BIG money and to lose some of the lesser paid coaches isn't a surprise. Orgeron isn't going to USC, at least I don't think so and Lance Thompson is the LB coach and if offered a defensive coordinator job who could blame him for taking it.

    Well I have news for you Thelron, the NCAA doesn't need a paper trail to sanction a school.  A few corroborating witness is all they need (if that).

    In NCAA vs. (Jerry) Tarkanian, the United States Supreme Court ruled that the NCAA is a private organization and, accordingly, is not subject to the due process clause of the 14th amendment because membership therein is "voluntary."  In other words schools like Tennessee "voluntarily" join the private organization known as the NCAA and, by extension, "voluntarily" subject themselves to the NCAA's rules and regulations.  The NCAA can therefore pretty much enforce those rules and regulations in any manner they see fit.  The ruling basically says, "If you don't like it, don't join the organization."  Accordingly, the NCAA is tantamount to God, and the bottom line is that if the NCAA wants to get you, they will.

    With this backdrop, Tennessee is faced with a daunting choice. They can either cooperate and own up to making some mistakes, or they can play dumb and possibly subject themselves to one of the most severe sanctions in the NCAA's arsenal, and that is "lack of institutional control (LOIC)."  And in case you weren't already aware, schools are not just responsible for the actions of their students, they are also responsible for the actions of private citizens who are considered boosters.  The NCAA's definition of a booster is any person who:

    · made any type of contribution to the University or athletics department;

    · joined a school booster club, or any sport specific support group;

    · provided benefits (e.g., summer jobs) to prospective or enrolled student-athletes or their families;

    · assisted, in any manner, in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes;

    · participated as a varsity athlete at the member school;

    · parents or legal guardian of an enrolled student-athlete;

    · promoted the athletics program in any way.

    This last one is the doozy catch all!!!

    I have no idea where this investigation is going, but if you think a full-scale NCAA investigation into Tennessee's recruiting activities of the current recruiting class, in the middle of recruiting crunch time is not big deal, then you are sadly mistaken.  And when you take into consideration (because the NCAA will) that Tennessee has already incurred 6 other seconday violations during Kiffin's short tenure, this looks even worse.

    I usually don't post on these type of stories, but I did so in this case because this really sounds like it may have some legs, and because these distractions (and coaching defections) will most likely have a profound effect on Tennessee's bowl game versus Virginia Tech.

    The NCAA seems to be attacking this pretty agressively, and that spells bad news for Tennessee IMHO.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIron:

    I seriously doubt there is any paper trail from Kiffin to a hostess with a google map directions to some town in South Carolina. Some unknown coach has turned this is in trying to stop top Carolina recruits from leaving the state. Probably something that will die out pretty soon. The 3 thugs that tried to rob someone is a much bigger deal for that University. As for the coaches, UT pays a few assistants BIG money and to lose some of the lesser paid coaches isn't a surprise. Orgeron isn't going to USC, at least I don't think so and Lance Thompson is the LB coach and if offered a defensive coordinator job who could blame him for taking it.

    Well I have news for you Thelron, the NCAA doesn't need a paper trail to sanction a school.  A few corroborating witness is all they need (if that).

    In NCAA vs. (Jerry) Tarkanian, the United States Supreme Court ruled that the NCAA is a private organization and, accordingly, is not subject to the due process clause of the 14th amendment because membership therein is "voluntary."  In other words schools like Tennessee "voluntarily" join the private organization known as the NCAA and, by extension, "voluntarily" subject themselves to the NCAA's rules and regulations.  The NCAA can therefore pretty much enforce those rules and regulations in any manner they see fit.  The ruling basically says, "If you don't like it, don't join the organization."  Accordingly, the NCAA is tantamount to God, and the bottom line is that if the NCAA wants to get you, they will.

    With this backdrop, Tennessee is faced with a daunting choice. They can either cooperate and own up to making some mistakes, or they can play dumb and possibly subject themselves to one of the most severe sanctions in the NCAA's arsenal, and that is "lack of institutional control (LOIC)."  And in case you weren't already aware, schools are not just responsible for the actions of their students, they are also responsible for the actions of private citizens who are considered boosters.  The NCAA's definition of a booster is any person who:

    · made any type of contribution to the University or athletics department;

    · joined a school booster club, or any sport specific support group;

    · provided benefits (e.g., summer jobs) to prospective or enrolled student-athletes or their families;

    · assisted, in any manner, in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes;

    · participated as a varsity athlete at the member school;

    · parents or legal guardian of an enrolled student-athlete;

    · promoted the athletics program in any way.

    This last one is the doozy catch all!!!

    I have no idea where this investigation is going, but if you think a full-scale NCAA investigation into Tennessee's recruiting activities of the current recruiting class, in the middle of recruiting crunch time is not big deal, then you are sadly mistaken.  And when you take into consideration (because the NCAA will) that Tennessee has already incurred 6 other seconday violations during Kiffin's short tenure, this looks even worse.

    I usually don't post on these type of stories, but I did so in this case because this really sounds like it may have some legs, and because these distractions (and coaching defections) will most likely have a profound effect on Tennessee's bowl game versus Virginia Tech.

    The NCAA seems to be attacking this pretty agressively, and that spells bad news for Tennessee IMHO.

     
    TheIron
    TheIron
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 4:42 PM ET #8

    Damn, you are serious. I just made my opinion, relax. If it's as bad as you say we should have some interesting news pretty soon.
    Reply
    Damn, you are serious. I just made my opinion, relax. If it's as bad as you say we should have some interesting news pretty soon.
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 10:13 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIron:

    Damn, you are serious. I just made my opinion, relax. If it's as bad as you say we should have some interesting news pretty soon.

    I am extremely relaxed!!!

    I really have no idea if it's bad or not.  We really won't know until the NCAA concludes it's investigation, which may not be for a long time.  What I am saying is that it really doesn't look good IMHO.

    BTW, is there any chance we can get a reprieve from that avatar for a little while?

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIron:

    Damn, you are serious. I just made my opinion, relax. If it's as bad as you say we should have some interesting news pretty soon.

    I am extremely relaxed!!!

    I really have no idea if it's bad or not.  We really won't know until the NCAA concludes it's investigation, which may not be for a long time.  What I am saying is that it really doesn't look good IMHO.

    BTW, is there any chance we can get a reprieve from that avatar for a little while?

     

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 11, 2009 - 3:10 PM ET #10

    This bit of sick humor just came across my desk.  This is a message that was evidently sent to one of the UT hosteses.  It takes degenerates, the likes of which can only be found on Covers to appreciate this!!!  Keep in mind that I'm not the author.

    I messaged Courtney Hitchcock because she is the hottest and not 5 minutes after sending I got a reply.

    My message to her
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Courtney,
    Hello. My name is Chase Barrington and I am currently looking at colleges. As I understand it, you are an active recruiter for the University of Tennessee. You should know I am not a star football player. In fact, I don’t even play football. What I am is a genius (my tested IQ is 143) and I have offers to attend pretty much all the Ivy League schools including Harvard and Yale, but as I understand it you like to use your sex to entice promising prospects and I am very interested in that.

    So how does this work? Is there an online application I have to fill out or can I tell you my likes and dislikes and we can go from there? I like it rough. I like to listen to loud satanic music. I like to scream and for you to scream. I’d like to tie you up and paint happy faces on your stomach. I like clean toe nails and breast milk. I like a bedroom that smells of chili and margaritas. I like to drink blood and eat marshmallows. I like to leave my socks on. I like to go bareback. If you would like to invite one of your female friends to join in, I’d like that too. Do you have a prosthetic limb by chance? I like to eat pickled quail eggs and drink Coca-Cola once I’m done. I do not like long finger nails or complicated underwear. I do not like uncomfortable bed sheets. I do not like tattoos or hardwood floors. I do not like the smell of perfume or a bushy nether region. And lastly, I do not like a girl who smokes or does cocaine.

    If I am of interest to you will you please reply back with further instructions and if not, would you kindly direct me to an Orange Pride member that would be interested in me?

    Thanks and Go Vols!

    Her reply
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Never message me again or I will report you and have you banned from facebook you disgusting pervert.


    Sent from my iPhone

    Reply

    This bit of sick humor just came across my desk.  This is a message that was evidently sent to one of the UT hosteses.  It takes degenerates, the likes of which can only be found on Covers to appreciate this!!!  Keep in mind that I'm not the author.

    I messaged Courtney Hitchcock because she is the hottest and not 5 minutes after sending I got a reply.

    My message to her
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Courtney,
    Hello. My name is Chase Barrington and I am currently looking at colleges. As I understand it, you are an active recruiter for the University of Tennessee. You should know I am not a star football player. In fact, I don’t even play football. What I am is a genius (my tested IQ is 143) and I have offers to attend pretty much all the Ivy League schools including Harvard and Yale, but as I understand it you like to use your sex to entice promising prospects and I am very interested in that.

    So how does this work? Is there an online application I have to fill out or can I tell you my likes and dislikes and we can go from there? I like it rough. I like to listen to loud satanic music. I like to scream and for you to scream. I’d like to tie you up and paint happy faces on your stomach. I like clean toe nails and breast milk. I like a bedroom that smells of chili and margaritas. I like to drink blood and eat marshmallows. I like to leave my socks on. I like to go bareback. If you would like to invite one of your female friends to join in, I’d like that too. Do you have a prosthetic limb by chance? I like to eat pickled quail eggs and drink Coca-Cola once I’m done. I do not like long finger nails or complicated underwear. I do not like uncomfortable bed sheets. I do not like tattoos or hardwood floors. I do not like the smell of perfume or a bushy nether region. And lastly, I do not like a girl who smokes or does cocaine.

    If I am of interest to you will you please reply back with further instructions and if not, would you kindly direct me to an Orange Pride member that would be interested in me?

    Thanks and Go Vols!

    Her reply
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Never message me again or I will report you and have you banned from facebook you disgusting pervert.


    Sent from my iPhone

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 11, 2009 - 8:19 PM ET #11

    Sports Illustrated Article.

    https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/12/11/tennessee-recruiting/index.html

    Reply

    Sports Illustrated Article.

    https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/12/11/tennessee-recruiting/index.html

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2009 - 12:12 AM ET #12

    And the hits just keep on coming!!!  New potential recruiting violations being investigated by the SEC.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/12/sports/ncaafootball/12tennessee.html?_r=2&ref=sports

     

    Reply

    And the hits just keep on coming!!!  New potential recruiting violations being investigated by the SEC.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/12/sports/ncaafootball/12tennessee.html?_r=2&ref=sports

     

     
    -29-
    -29-
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 3307
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2009 - 1:07 AM ET #13

     In the last three days you are the only respondant to this thread.It seems as though you're the only one obsessed with this issue.As a Tennessee fan I'm not thrilled about what's currently goin' on,especially during a critical time of the recruiting season but I'm confused as to why with your team on the verge of possibly winning the NCG and their first Heisman trophy you are spending so much effort slinging mud at Tennessee.When the following Alabama transgressions took place I did not celebrate in fact I was upset because my loyalties lie with Tennessee #1 and the rest of the SEC #'2-12.(Florida is by far #12). With you it's 'Bama #1 and since UT is becoming a threat again "I hope they get sanctioned by the SEC.".As a 'Tide fan you really aren't in a favorable position to condemn another SEC member for being investigated by the NCAA.

    In case you forgot;

    Alabama football (2002)

    Since the SMU case, the closest that the NCAA has come to imposing the "death penalty" against a football program was against the University of Alabama in 2002. The most severe violation involved boosters paying players (most notably Albert Means) to come to Alabama. Alabama was eligible for the "death penalty" because of a 1999 case in which men's basketball assistant coach Tyrone Beaman tried to convince boosters to help him start a slush fund for recruits. The boosters immediately contacted the athletics department, Beaman was fired and the incident was self-reported to the NCAA. Infractions committee chairman Thomas Yeager said that the committee seriously considered giving Alabama the "death penalty." He called the violations "some of the worst, most serious that have ever occurred" in NCAA history and claimed that the Crimson Tide were "absolutely staring down the barrel of a gun." It finally settled on five years' probation, a two-year bowl ban and the loss of 21 scholarships over three years. Yeager strongly hinted that if the Tide committed another major violation during the five-year period, it was very likely that it would get the death penalty.

     Then there was that textbook thing recently.

     I for one will be rooting probably as hard as you will be for 'Bama and I hope that they win another NC it would be good for our conference.As far as the NCAA is concerned I hope that none of our teams ever incur any serious sanctions (even Florida).

    Reply

     In the last three days you are the only respondant to this thread.It seems as though you're the only one obsessed with this issue.As a Tennessee fan I'm not thrilled about what's currently goin' on,especially during a critical time of the recruiting season but I'm confused as to why with your team on the verge of possibly winning the NCG and their first Heisman trophy you are spending so much effort slinging mud at Tennessee.When the following Alabama transgressions took place I did not celebrate in fact I was upset because my loyalties lie with Tennessee #1 and the rest of the SEC #'2-12.(Florida is by far #12). With you it's 'Bama #1 and since UT is becoming a threat again "I hope they get sanctioned by the SEC.".As a 'Tide fan you really aren't in a favorable position to condemn another SEC member for being investigated by the NCAA.

    In case you forgot;

    Alabama football (2002)

    Since the SMU case, the closest that the NCAA has come to imposing the "death penalty" against a football program was against the University of Alabama in 2002. The most severe violation involved boosters paying players (most notably Albert Means) to come to Alabama. Alabama was eligible for the "death penalty" because of a 1999 case in which men's basketball assistant coach Tyrone Beaman tried to convince boosters to help him start a slush fund for recruits. The boosters immediately contacted the athletics department, Beaman was fired and the incident was self-reported to the NCAA. Infractions committee chairman Thomas Yeager said that the committee seriously considered giving Alabama the "death penalty." He called the violations "some of the worst, most serious that have ever occurred" in NCAA history and claimed that the Crimson Tide were "absolutely staring down the barrel of a gun." It finally settled on five years' probation, a two-year bowl ban and the loss of 21 scholarships over three years. Yeager strongly hinted that if the Tide committed another major violation during the five-year period, it was very likely that it would get the death penalty.

     Then there was that textbook thing recently.

     I for one will be rooting probably as hard as you will be for 'Bama and I hope that they win another NC it would be good for our conference.As far as the NCAA is concerned I hope that none of our teams ever incur any serious sanctions (even Florida).

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2009 - 4:29 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by -29-:

     In the last three days you are the only respondant to this thread.It seems as though you're the only one obsessed with this issue.As a Tennessee fan I'm not thrilled about what's currently goin' on,especially during a critical time of the recruiting season but I'm confused as to why with your team on the verge of possibly winning the NCG and their first Heisman trophy you are spending so much effort slinging mud at Tennessee.When the following Alabama transgressions took place I did not celebrate in fact I was upset because my loyalties lie with Tennessee #1 and the rest of the SEC #'2-12.(Florida is by far #12). With you it's 'Bama #1 and since UT is becoming a threat again "I hope they get sanctioned by the SEC.".As a 'Tide fan you really aren't in a favorable position to condemn another SEC member for being investigated by the NCAA.

    In case you forgot;

    Alabama football (2002)

    Since the SMU case, the closest that the NCAA has come to imposing the "death penalty" against a football program was against the University of Alabama in 2002. The most severe violation involved boosters paying players (most notably Albert Means) to come to Alabama. Alabama was eligible for the "death penalty" because of a 1999 case in which men's basketball assistant coach Tyrone Beaman tried to convince boosters to help him start a slush fund for recruits. The boosters immediately contacted the athletics department, Beaman was fired and the incident was self-reported to the NCAA. Infractions committee chairman Thomas Yeager said that the committee seriously considered giving Alabama the "death penalty." He called the violations "some of the worst, most serious that have ever occurred" in NCAA history and claimed that the Crimson Tide were "absolutely staring down the barrel of a gun." It finally settled on five years' probation, a two-year bowl ban and the loss of 21 scholarships over three years. Yeager strongly hinted that if the Tide committed another major violation during the five-year period, it was very likely that it would get the death penalty.

     Then there was that textbook thing recently.

     I for one will be rooting probably as hard as you will be for 'Bama and I hope that they win another NC it would be good for our conference.As far as the NCAA is concerned I hope that none of our teams ever incur any serious sanctions (even Florida).

    Although it is well known that I am an Alabama fan, this is not an Alabama message board, it is a gambling message board.  Accordingly, I do not post partisan information.  I post information that is relevant to gambling:  information that hopefully will help me and others win money.

    In the instant case, Tennessee is a 4.5 point underdog to Virginia Tech in the Chick Fill-A Bowl.  Were not so, then neither of these investigations would be newsworthy on a gambling message board.

    I posted in my SEC thread that I would automatically be playing on any SEC team getting points.  Obviously Tennessee falls within that subset.

    Personally I think that Kiffin has done an outstanding coaching job in Knoxville this year.  Next to Alabama, Tennessee was the most disciplined team in the SEC, and that is always a sign of good coaching IMO.  Overall, I think the job Kiffin did this year is very underrated.

    When I initially I saw this line, I loved the Vols here because I thought they would win this game outright.  But bowl games are much different than regular season games, and intangibles, outside distractions, and a team's motivation must be closely analyzed.  In this case, the impact that these investigations will have on Tennessee playing a well-coached and focused Hokies team simply cannot be ignored.  As it is, this has gone from a game that I had planned to go heavy on Tennessee to a game that I'll now most likely sit on the sidelines.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by -29-:

     In the last three days you are the only respondant to this thread.It seems as though you're the only one obsessed with this issue.As a Tennessee fan I'm not thrilled about what's currently goin' on,especially during a critical time of the recruiting season but I'm confused as to why with your team on the verge of possibly winning the NCG and their first Heisman trophy you are spending so much effort slinging mud at Tennessee.When the following Alabama transgressions took place I did not celebrate in fact I was upset because my loyalties lie with Tennessee #1 and the rest of the SEC #'2-12.(Florida is by far #12). With you it's 'Bama #1 and since UT is becoming a threat again "I hope they get sanctioned by the SEC.".As a 'Tide fan you really aren't in a favorable position to condemn another SEC member for being investigated by the NCAA.

    In case you forgot;

    Alabama football (2002)

    Since the SMU case, the closest that the NCAA has come to imposing the "death penalty" against a football program was against the University of Alabama in 2002. The most severe violation involved boosters paying players (most notably Albert Means) to come to Alabama. Alabama was eligible for the "death penalty" because of a 1999 case in which men's basketball assistant coach Tyrone Beaman tried to convince boosters to help him start a slush fund for recruits. The boosters immediately contacted the athletics department, Beaman was fired and the incident was self-reported to the NCAA. Infractions committee chairman Thomas Yeager said that the committee seriously considered giving Alabama the "death penalty." He called the violations "some of the worst, most serious that have ever occurred" in NCAA history and claimed that the Crimson Tide were "absolutely staring down the barrel of a gun." It finally settled on five years' probation, a two-year bowl ban and the loss of 21 scholarships over three years. Yeager strongly hinted that if the Tide committed another major violation during the five-year period, it was very likely that it would get the death penalty.

     Then there was that textbook thing recently.

     I for one will be rooting probably as hard as you will be for 'Bama and I hope that they win another NC it would be good for our conference.As far as the NCAA is concerned I hope that none of our teams ever incur any serious sanctions (even Florida).

    Although it is well known that I am an Alabama fan, this is not an Alabama message board, it is a gambling message board.  Accordingly, I do not post partisan information.  I post information that is relevant to gambling:  information that hopefully will help me and others win money.

    In the instant case, Tennessee is a 4.5 point underdog to Virginia Tech in the Chick Fill-A Bowl.  Were not so, then neither of these investigations would be newsworthy on a gambling message board.

    I posted in my SEC thread that I would automatically be playing on any SEC team getting points.  Obviously Tennessee falls within that subset.

    Personally I think that Kiffin has done an outstanding coaching job in Knoxville this year.  Next to Alabama, Tennessee was the most disciplined team in the SEC, and that is always a sign of good coaching IMO.  Overall, I think the job Kiffin did this year is very underrated.

    When I initially I saw this line, I loved the Vols here because I thought they would win this game outright.  But bowl games are much different than regular season games, and intangibles, outside distractions, and a team's motivation must be closely analyzed.  In this case, the impact that these investigations will have on Tennessee playing a well-coached and focused Hokies team simply cannot be ignored.  As it is, this has gone from a game that I had planned to go heavy on Tennessee to a game that I'll now most likely sit on the sidelines.

     
    -29-
    -29-
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 3307
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2009 - 11:46 AM ET #15

    Jimmy ~ I'm glad you responded as it gives me a chance to straighten up this debate.First of all if you notice I posted at 1:07 am on a friday night.I confess that I was testing some homemade corn liquor that a neighbor had dropped off earlier and I was getting overly protective of my Vols.You had every right to post what you did and I would like to retract my entire post. (Except for the part about rooting for 'Bama to win the NCG).I do have to say however that I'm amazed that my post was fairly coherent considering my condition.

    GL this Bowl season !   

    Reply

    Jimmy ~ I'm glad you responded as it gives me a chance to straighten up this debate.First of all if you notice I posted at 1:07 am on a friday night.I confess that I was testing some homemade corn liquor that a neighbor had dropped off earlier and I was getting overly protective of my Vols.You had every right to post what you did and I would like to retract my entire post. (Except for the part about rooting for 'Bama to win the NCG).I do have to say however that I'm amazed that my post was fairly coherent considering my condition.

    GL this Bowl season !   

     
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2009 - 2:19 AM ET #16

    Because homemade corn liquor was involved, all is forgotten!!!

    Your Vols did lose 2 recruits this week (Jose Jose & Risen Broussard), but I don't think either had anything to do with the investigations.

    Supposedly Jose was suppose to get his weight down to around 350, and my sources say he is currently sitting around 400 so I think the coaching staff kind of lost interest, and I can't say I blame them.  I think it would be a waste of a scholly because I don't think he'll pan out to be SEC material.

    As far as Broussard is concerned, it appears that he isn't going to qualify academically and is heading JUCO.

    Nevertheless, I don't think the their recruiting will survive the investigations unscathed.  4* Marketh Ambles, 4* Brandon Willis, 3* Ken Adams & 3* Ralph Williams all appear to be very soft commits at this point, and Pat Harris (who was expected to commit) appears to be looking elsewhere.

    In other news on the player front, Kiffin also dismissed Brent Vinson from the team yesterday.

    https://www.waaytv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11696318

    29, as I said above, when I first saw the Tennessee/VT line I loved Tennessee.  But with all the distractions I've backed off of that.  Be that as it may, I still can't seem to pull the trigger laying 4.5 with the Hokies.  I was just curious how you see this game?

     

    Reply

    Because homemade corn liquor was involved, all is forgotten!!!

    Your Vols did lose 2 recruits this week (Jose Jose & Risen Broussard), but I don't think either had anything to do with the investigations.

    Supposedly Jose was suppose to get his weight down to around 350, and my sources say he is currently sitting around 400 so I think the coaching staff kind of lost interest, and I can't say I blame them.  I think it would be a waste of a scholly because I don't think he'll pan out to be SEC material.

    As far as Broussard is concerned, it appears that he isn't going to qualify academically and is heading JUCO.

    Nevertheless, I don't think the their recruiting will survive the investigations unscathed.  4* Marketh Ambles, 4* Brandon Willis, 3* Ken Adams & 3* Ralph Williams all appear to be very soft commits at this point, and Pat Harris (who was expected to commit) appears to be looking elsewhere.

    In other news on the player front, Kiffin also dismissed Brent Vinson from the team yesterday.

    https://www.waaytv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11696318

    29, as I said above, when I first saw the Tennessee/VT line I loved Tennessee.  But with all the distractions I've backed off of that.  Be that as it may, I still can't seem to pull the trigger laying 4.5 with the Hokies.  I was just curious how you see this game?

     

    All Forums | College Football

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,437
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 690
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,362
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,828
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,834
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,518
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,887
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,340
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,317
    • KC/OAK live in game comments welcome 394

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.