• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    AFTER ALL, WE LIVE BETTER WITHOUT BETS?

    GriLo
    LonghornHoosier
    bullshark
    OddShaad
    thorpe
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 534
    Posts: 16
     
    GriLo
    GriLo
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 409
    Posted: Apr. 18, 2020 - 9:55 AM ET #1

    Hello guys, today April 18th 45 days without betting, I want to bring an important testimony to you.

    I don't live in the USA and in my country we are having a more flexible quarantine at the moment and a very low case of deaths.

    But I wanted to give a testimony about why I believe that we live better when we stop betting.

    First, we must understand, that our brains were programmed by God to release Dopamine in 3 types of activities:

    EATING, SEX AND SOCIALIZATION.

    Everyone is addicted to gambling. But I try to be a controlled addict.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Hello guys, today April 18th 45 days without betting, I want to bring an important testimony to you.

    I don't live in the USA and in my country we are having a more flexible quarantine at the moment and a very low case of deaths.

    But I wanted to give a testimony about why I believe that we live better when we stop betting.

    First, we must understand, that our brains were programmed by God to release Dopamine in 3 types of activities:

    EATING, SEX AND SOCIALIZATION.

     
    GriLo
    GriLo
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 409
    Posted: Apr. 18, 2020 - 9:56 AM ET #2

    These 3 things were meant to bring us a feeling of pleasure. But what do we gamblers and other addicts do?

    They get out of control of this system, spending all their dopamine possible on games of chance!

    What is the effect of this? Usually, one does not feel so much pleasure in social activities anymore.

    I remember last year, in the middle of the NFL season, on a Sunday.

    I was fishing with friends and family and couldn't wait to get home soon, to be alone and bet. There was nothing more pleasant than that.

    So, this is not a normal thing to happen, probably if it were not included in the bets, I would have felt more pleasure in that fishing.

    And I realized that now that the games have stopped.

    45 days later, practically "Detoxified", I realized that my life became much happier. I didn't exchange bets for another addiction, like video games or cell phones.

    I have avoided these "false pleasures" a lot and my life has improved a lot!

    I have felt more pleasure in socializing, my projects in real life have become clearer, I have more pleasure in achieving goals in real life.

    With each day that goes by without betting, I have more courage to live life and make society in a better place.

    So guys, I believe that many will not be able to do the experiment I did, replacing bets with socialization. I believe that many traded for the video game and will return to bet when the games return.

    But if you ever get the chance, do it! The sports themselves were made by fans in some way to socialize, this is not what is happening today, thanks to the addiction to technology.

    And this has consequences that I already mentioned in the text.

    Exchange bets for Socialization.

    If you have an ADRENALINE addiction, switch bets to practice sports and competitiveness.

    Everyone is addicted to gambling. But I try to be a controlled addict.
    Reply

    These 3 things were meant to bring us a feeling of pleasure. But what do we gamblers and other addicts do?

    They get out of control of this system, spending all their dopamine possible on games of chance!

    What is the effect of this? Usually, one does not feel so much pleasure in social activities anymore.

    I remember last year, in the middle of the NFL season, on a Sunday.

    I was fishing with friends and family and couldn't wait to get home soon, to be alone and bet. There was nothing more pleasant than that.

    So, this is not a normal thing to happen, probably if it were not included in the bets, I would have felt more pleasure in that fishing.

    And I realized that now that the games have stopped.

    45 days later, practically "Detoxified", I realized that my life became much happier. I didn't exchange bets for another addiction, like video games or cell phones.

    I have avoided these "false pleasures" a lot and my life has improved a lot!

    I have felt more pleasure in socializing, my projects in real life have become clearer, I have more pleasure in achieving goals in real life.

    With each day that goes by without betting, I have more courage to live life and make society in a better place.

    So guys, I believe that many will not be able to do the experiment I did, replacing bets with socialization. I believe that many traded for the video game and will return to bet when the games return.

    But if you ever get the chance, do it! The sports themselves were made by fans in some way to socialize, this is not what is happening today, thanks to the addiction to technology.

    And this has consequences that I already mentioned in the text.

    Exchange bets for Socialization.

    If you have an ADRENALINE addiction, switch bets to practice sports and competitiveness.

     
    LonghornHoosier
    LonghornHoosier
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 12303
    Posted: Apr. 18, 2020 - 12:23 PM ET #3

    thank you for sharing.  good stuff!  :) 

    LonghornHoosier
    Reply

    thank you for sharing.  good stuff!  :) 

     
    bullshark
    bullshark
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 1683
    Posted: Apr. 20, 2020 - 3:23 AM ET #4

     I was just wondering is anybody else like me I’ve got a little extra money since they’ve canceled all major sporting events? 

    Reply

     I was just wondering is anybody else like me I’ve got a little extra money since they’ve canceled all major sporting events? 

     
    GriLo
    GriLo
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 409
    Posted: Apr. 20, 2020 - 7:38 AM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by bullshark:

    I was just wondering is anybody else like me I’ve got a little extra money since they’ve canceled all major sporting events?

     

    Everyone is addicted to gambling. But I try to be a controlled addict.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by bullshark:

    I was just wondering is anybody else like me I’ve got a little extra money since they’ve canceled all major sporting events?

     

     
    OddShaad
    OddShaad
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 745
    Posted: Apr. 20, 2020 - 11:39 AM ET #6

    I agree with a lot of what you're saying in this post GriLo, wondering if stocks, investments, things of that sort land in that "false pleasures" category. I myself have filled that void with investments it gives me more of long term goal set while giving me something to root for, if that makes sense.

    Reply

    I agree with a lot of what you're saying in this post GriLo, wondering if stocks, investments, things of that sort land in that "false pleasures" category. I myself have filled that void with investments it gives me more of long term goal set while giving me something to root for, if that makes sense.

     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Apr. 22, 2020 - 7:53 AM ET #7

    It is not a question of "we".  Some people can enjoy gambling responsibly and others can't.  You wouldn't say "we" should all stop drinking because of a few alcoholics.

     

    Reply

    It is not a question of "we".  Some people can enjoy gambling responsibly and others can't.  You wouldn't say "we" should all stop drinking because of a few alcoholics.

     

     
    GriLo
    GriLo
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 409
    Posted: Apr. 22, 2020 - 3:48 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by thorpe:

    It is not a question of "we".  Some people can enjoy gambling responsibly and others can't.  You wouldn't say "we" should all stop drinking because of a few alcoholics.

     


    What would it be to bet responsibly, in your opinion? Because every time I hear this my emotional whispers in my ear "Go, try to bet responsibly, it can work". I don't particularly consider myself a compulsive gambler, because I never got into debt or spent all my money on gambling. He always spent what was left. What I lost in the bets until today, would not make much difference in my life. What I wanted to bring up is that there is no responsibility. 99% start betting little and end up betting a lot. Few people will be able to place 2 to 3 bets per weekend with low stake. This will make those who are betting feel no pleasure, because to feel more and more pleasure in the bets it is necessary to increase the amount of bets or stake. Anyway, I really wanted to know what you understand as responsible gambling without it harming your life in any way. Hence the question of the topic. "Do we live better without betting?" In my opinion, YES! everyone lives better if they didn't bet

    Everyone is addicted to gambling. But I try to be a controlled addict.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by thorpe:

    It is not a question of "we".  Some people can enjoy gambling responsibly and others can't.  You wouldn't say "we" should all stop drinking because of a few alcoholics.

     


    What would it be to bet responsibly, in your opinion? Because every time I hear this my emotional whispers in my ear "Go, try to bet responsibly, it can work". I don't particularly consider myself a compulsive gambler, because I never got into debt or spent all my money on gambling. He always spent what was left. What I lost in the bets until today, would not make much difference in my life. What I wanted to bring up is that there is no responsibility. 99% start betting little and end up betting a lot. Few people will be able to place 2 to 3 bets per weekend with low stake. This will make those who are betting feel no pleasure, because to feel more and more pleasure in the bets it is necessary to increase the amount of bets or stake. Anyway, I really wanted to know what you understand as responsible gambling without it harming your life in any way. Hence the question of the topic. "Do we live better without betting?" In my opinion, YES! everyone lives better if they didn't bet

     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: May. 12, 2020 - 9:30 AM ET #9

    "What would it be to bet responsibly, in your opinion?"

    It may not be easy to define, but it is easy to recognize when you see it.  Same as drinking, smoking weed, and everything else.

     

    I had a problem with weed for a long time.  I quit that a few years ago.  A lot of people can have a bag of weed and smoke a little once a week.  If I had weed, I was smoking it until it was gone.  I am not going to tell other people they shouldn't smoke weed because of my addiction.

    I can have a six-pack of beer in my fridge for 3 months.  I can go without putting in a sports bet for 6 months, no problem.  When I do put a bet in or drink I beer, I still enjoy it.  If I lose the bet, I don't get mad or chase my loss...

    Reply

    "What would it be to bet responsibly, in your opinion?"

    It may not be easy to define, but it is easy to recognize when you see it.  Same as drinking, smoking weed, and everything else.

     

    I had a problem with weed for a long time.  I quit that a few years ago.  A lot of people can have a bag of weed and smoke a little once a week.  If I had weed, I was smoking it until it was gone.  I am not going to tell other people they shouldn't smoke weed because of my addiction.

    I can have a six-pack of beer in my fridge for 3 months.  I can go without putting in a sports bet for 6 months, no problem.  When I do put a bet in or drink I beer, I still enjoy it.  If I lose the bet, I don't get mad or chase my loss...

     
    FredLeonard
    FredLeonard
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2019
    Posts: 6567
    Posted: May. 12, 2020 - 6:31 PM ET #10

    Sports betting is a natural high and when you win you want more

    $50,000,000,000,000.00
    Reply

    Sports betting is a natural high and when you win you want more

     
    FredLeonard
    FredLeonard
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2019
    Posts: 6567
    Posted: May. 18, 2020 - 7:45 PM ET #11

    Rob Manfred and every commissioner should be fired if even one athlete dies from coronavirus after they bring sports back

    $50,000,000,000,000.00
    Reply

    Rob Manfred and every commissioner should be fired if even one athlete dies from coronavirus after they bring sports back

     
    GamblinDAWG
    GamblinDAWG
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2018
    Posts: 1383
    Posted: May. 22, 2020 - 10:40 AM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by FredLeonard:

    Rob Manfred and every commissioner should be fired if even one athlete dies from coronavirus after they bring sports back
    Dumb. The players all have unions and will have to agree to come back; the commissioners and owners can't require them to come back. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by FredLeonard:

    Rob Manfred and every commissioner should be fired if even one athlete dies from coronavirus after they bring sports back
    Dumb. The players all have unions and will have to agree to come back; the commissioners and owners can't require them to come back. 

     
    CFBbettor
    CFBbettor
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2020
    Posts: 16
    Posted: Jun. 11, 2020 - 10:36 AM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by FredLeonard:

    Sports betting is a natural high and when you win you want more

     

    The problem is..... that unless you possess the demonstrated and consistent skill to win at sports betting ,

    as well as the discipline to only wager when you have a legitimate edge , you will lose over the long run.

    Which means that those who bet without skill and discipline at sportsbetting , the resources that you use to wager ,

    are feeding your bookmaker , and not your family.

     

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by FredLeonard:

    Sports betting is a natural high and when you win you want more

     

    The problem is..... that unless you possess the demonstrated and consistent skill to win at sports betting ,

    as well as the discipline to only wager when you have a legitimate edge , you will lose over the long run.

    Which means that those who bet without skill and discipline at sportsbetting , the resources that you use to wager ,

    are feeding your bookmaker , and not your family.

     

     

     
    GamblinDAWG
    GamblinDAWG
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2018
    Posts: 1383
    Posted: Jun. 11, 2020 - 3:00 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by CFBbettor:

    Quote Originally Posted by FredLeonard: Sports betting is a natural high and when you win you want more   The problem is..... that unless you possess the demonstrated and consistent skill to win at sports betting , as well as the discipline to only wager when you have a legitimate edge , you will lose over the long run. Which means that those who bet without skill and discipline at sportsbetting , the resources that you use to wager , are feeding your bookmaker , and not your family.

     

    You can apply that thought process to every aspect of your life though to an extent. Gambling can be fun, as can drinking, partying, whatever... Money you spend to entertain yourself pays someone else's bills.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by CFBbettor:

    Quote Originally Posted by FredLeonard: Sports betting is a natural high and when you win you want more   The problem is..... that unless you possess the demonstrated and consistent skill to win at sports betting , as well as the discipline to only wager when you have a legitimate edge , you will lose over the long run. Which means that those who bet without skill and discipline at sportsbetting , the resources that you use to wager , are feeding your bookmaker , and not your family.

     

    You can apply that thought process to every aspect of your life though to an extent. Gambling can be fun, as can drinking, partying, whatever... Money you spend to entertain yourself pays someone else's bills.

     
    LonghornHoosier
    LonghornHoosier
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 12303
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2020 - 1:35 PM ET #15

    +1peace_5

     

    Quote Originally Posted by CFBbettor:

    Quote Originally Posted by FredLeonard: Sports betting is a natural high and when you win you want more   The problem is..... that unless you possess the demonstrated and consistent skill to win at sports betting , as well as the discipline to only wager when you have a legitimate edge , you will lose over the long run. Which means that those who bet without skill and discipline at sportsbetting , the resources that you use to wager , are feeding your bookmaker , and not your family.

    LonghornHoosier
    Reply

    +1peace_5

     

    Quote Originally Posted by CFBbettor:

    Quote Originally Posted by FredLeonard: Sports betting is a natural high and when you win you want more   The problem is..... that unless you possess the demonstrated and consistent skill to win at sports betting , as well as the discipline to only wager when you have a legitimate edge , you will lose over the long run. Which means that those who bet without skill and discipline at sportsbetting , the resources that you use to wager , are feeding your bookmaker , and not your family.

     
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 15, 2020 - 5:01 AM ET #16

    Speak for yourself. I'm a winning capper. I've bet on football every year since 4th grade, college football every year since 8th grade. I'll miss it deeply in more ways than one if it's canceled. I'll miss the extra money. I'll miss the process.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Speak for yourself. I'm a winning capper. I've bet on football every year since 4th grade, college football every year since 8th grade. I'll miss it deeply in more ways than one if it's canceled. I'll miss the extra money. I'll miss the process.

    All Forums | College Football

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,263
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,437
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,611
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,190
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 113
    • Trump's legacy? 32,958
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,110
    • Trump lies so much. 22,895

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.