Should smash Cal, market's moving that way.
Haven't locked in yet...
Wondering if anyone has an opinion
Always read your posts LVT! I’ve played California in this one. Yikes! When I first started analyzing this one, I determined it was a toss-up; However, Oddsmakers opened Cuse as a 5.5 favorite. I guess they are telling us Orange is the better team? I actually saw this as a value play on Cal, at that time. Then, the line was bet up to 6.5, which scares me. I thought the public would bet this heavy on California…. But NO, they didn’t. Now, I’m trying to convince myself Oddsmakers have the TRAP play working! Still sticking with CAL! GL brutha!
TIP
Always read your posts LVT! I’ve played California in this one. Yikes! When I first started analyzing this one, I determined it was a toss-up; However, Oddsmakers opened Cuse as a 5.5 favorite. I guess they are telling us Orange is the better team? I actually saw this as a value play on Cal, at that time. Then, the line was bet up to 6.5, which scares me. I thought the public would bet this heavy on California…. But NO, they didn’t. Now, I’m trying to convince myself Oddsmakers have the TRAP play working! Still sticking with CAL! GL brutha!
TIP
Cal has a long list of injured players but other than Dort (and Petraitis who has hardly played), they're not consequential. Gotta think Cal's hopes for a tournament berth went up in flames with that home beatdown by Clemson. Now they go pretty much coast to coast to play an underachieving Syracuse team. For me it would Syracuse or nothing.
Cal has a long list of injured players but other than Dort (and Petraitis who has hardly played), they're not consequential. Gotta think Cal's hopes for a tournament berth went up in flames with that home beatdown by Clemson. Now they go pretty much coast to coast to play an underachieving Syracuse team. For me it would Syracuse or nothing.
You may be right, but consider:
Biggest wins: UCLA by 8 at a neutral, UNC by 6 at home, Miami-Fla by 1 on road.
Losses: At HOME, they lost by 15 to Duke, 20 to Louisville, 20 to Clemson.
On the road, they lost by 24 at Virginia, as well as losses at Kansas St, Florida St, Virg. Tech and now Syracuse.
So, they lost FOUR games by 15 or more points, with THREE of those in Berkley.
If I am on the selection committee, I don't think this is a great resume ... not by any stretch. If anything, it seems they have a lot of work to do. But what do I know.
![]()
You may be right, but consider:
Biggest wins: UCLA by 8 at a neutral, UNC by 6 at home, Miami-Fla by 1 on road.
Losses: At HOME, they lost by 15 to Duke, 20 to Louisville, 20 to Clemson.
On the road, they lost by 24 at Virginia, as well as losses at Kansas St, Florida St, Virg. Tech and now Syracuse.
So, they lost FOUR games by 15 or more points, with THREE of those in Berkley.
If I am on the selection committee, I don't think this is a great resume ... not by any stretch. If anything, it seems they have a lot of work to do. But what do I know.
![]()
