Yesterday I had a 4 team parlay in which 3 of 4 teams covered. The one team that did not cover was West Virginia. I capped the game believing that WV was playing at home. Every site I used to cap the game, including Covers, had them listed as the home team. Even when I placed the bet they were listed as the home team. Well into the game I went online to check the score and noticed that they were playing AT Marshall. I have two questions for my fellow cappers. 1. Did this happen to anyone else? 2. What, if anything, will the "books" do to rectify this?
I understand that the Universities of Marshall and WV are in the same city, but is it right for the books to mislead us like that?
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Yesterday I had a 4 team parlay in which 3 of 4 teams covered. The one team that did not cover was West Virginia. I capped the game believing that WV was playing at home. Every site I used to cap the game, including Covers, had them listed as the home team. Even when I placed the bet they were listed as the home team. Well into the game I went online to check the score and noticed that they were playing AT Marshall. I have two questions for my fellow cappers. 1. Did this happen to anyone else? 2. What, if anything, will the "books" do to rectify this?
I understand that the Universities of Marshall and WV are in the same city, but is it right for the books to mislead us like that?
This game was played at the CHARLESTON CIVIC CENTER IN WEST VIRGINIA NOT AT MARSHALL
I would be annoyed to if a book had posted @ and it was at the wrong place, but if you are betting on games and don't even know where the team is playing that is not a good thing... maybe take a little more time next time?
This game was played at the CHARLESTON CIVIC CENTER IN WEST VIRGINIA NOT AT MARSHALL
I would be annoyed to if a book had posted @ and it was at the wrong place, but if you are betting on games and don't even know where the team is playing that is not a good thing... maybe take a little more time next time?
I'm just saying what the covers scoreboard says. the home team should be listed second, and the only time that doesn't apply is if the game is on a neutral court.
if they actually played at marshall, and listed marshall as the second team (such as they did on covers)... thats bs.
I'm just saying what the covers scoreboard says. the home team should be listed second, and the only time that doesn't apply is if the game is on a neutral court.
if they actually played at marshall, and listed marshall as the second team (such as they did on covers)... thats bs.
This game has always been played on a neutral floor from what I remember. Check espn.com if you aren't sure whose the home team. I'm with the guy above saying if u don't even know when the game is being played you got a problem.
This game has always been played on a neutral floor from what I remember. Check espn.com if you aren't sure whose the home team. I'm with the guy above saying if u don't even know when the game is being played you got a problem.