Auburn -2.5: Tigers can't afford another home loss after collapsing in the second half on Saturday against 'Bama. Just think this team is a whole lot better than 11th in the SEC and now that they are squarely on the bubble for an NCAA berth, I think they come out meaning business against a very good Vanderbilt team. The Neville Arena is always a raucous environment and I think Pearl Jr's squad will rise to the challenge and get a badly needed win. Didn't want to wait around for this to get to 3.5 or even 4 by tomorrow. 0.75 units.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Copying over from Monday's thread:
Getting this one early for Tuesday:
Auburn -2.5: Tigers can't afford another home loss after collapsing in the second half on Saturday against 'Bama. Just think this team is a whole lot better than 11th in the SEC and now that they are squarely on the bubble for an NCAA berth, I think they come out meaning business against a very good Vanderbilt team. The Neville Arena is always a raucous environment and I think Pearl Jr's squad will rise to the challenge and get a badly needed win. Didn't want to wait around for this to get to 3.5 or even 4 by tomorrow. 0.75 units.
Another one for Tuesday. I will copy Tuesday's plays over to a new thread in the morning:
St. Joe's -4.5: Hawks have been quietly coming on with 7 wins in their last 9 games (only losses by 9 at VCU and by 8 at G. Mason) to get to 7-4 and 4th place in the A-10. Right now that gets them nicely to the cutoff for a double-bye in the conference tournament. Fordham stumbling along in their usual spot near the bottom of the conference as expected in the pre-season polls. Scoring is once again a big problem for the Rams, and now they're likely to again be without Jack Whitbourn who averages 8.4 PPG and 8.4 RPG -- a 6-11, 250 pound beast who is the only true centre on the roster. I see Joe's cruising to an 8-12-point victory at home. 0.75 units.
Another one for Tuesday. I will copy Tuesday's plays over to a new thread in the morning:
St. Joe's -4.5: Hawks have been quietly coming on with 7 wins in their last 9 games (only losses by 9 at VCU and by 8 at G. Mason) to get to 7-4 and 4th place in the A-10. Right now that gets them nicely to the cutoff for a double-bye in the conference tournament. Fordham stumbling along in their usual spot near the bottom of the conference as expected in the pre-season polls. Scoring is once again a big problem for the Rams, and now they're likely to again be without Jack Whitbourn who averages 8.4 PPG and 8.4 RPG -- a 6-11, 250 pound beast who is the only true centre on the roster. I see Joe's cruising to an 8-12-point victory at home. 0.75 units.
Further to the Auburn -2.5 pick (think it is now -4.5), I think Vandy's one-point home loss to Oklahoma on Saturday may play into this game. Tyler Tanner had to play 38 minutes, racking up 37 points as Vandy's frantic rally from a huge deficit fell just short. With fellow guards Duke Miles still out, and Frankie Collins pretty much missing the entire season, Tanner has really had to carry the load and you have to wonder how much he has left as Vandy hits the road 2 days later to a very tough venue. Maybe that is a factor on this line jumping a few points, and if I hadn't already played it at -2.5, I would strongly consider it also at -4.5. Anyhew .... go Tigers!
Further to the Auburn -2.5 pick (think it is now -4.5), I think Vandy's one-point home loss to Oklahoma on Saturday may play into this game. Tyler Tanner had to play 38 minutes, racking up 37 points as Vandy's frantic rally from a huge deficit fell just short. With fellow guards Duke Miles still out, and Frankie Collins pretty much missing the entire season, Tanner has really had to carry the load and you have to wonder how much he has left as Vandy hits the road 2 days later to a very tough venue. Maybe that is a factor on this line jumping a few points, and if I hadn't already played it at -2.5, I would strongly consider it also at -4.5. Anyhew .... go Tigers!