First Prev Next Last

Goggles-Pisano

Tuesday 11:00am advisory

Max sustained wind 180 mph
Gust to 220

No model indications of turning out to sea. 180 mph, i don't recall any Atlantic Hurricane this powerful.

Goggles-Pisano

2:00pm

185/220

Slobbasaurus

I'm so glad I don't live in Florida.  

Wherever it hits, they're going to be in a world of hurt.  Eat your heart out Andrew

JEFFMARKETCAP

My parents moved there 5 years ago.  They live in Stuart.  

JumpinJeremy55

I heard its gonna be the most powerful hurricane wind-wise since they started tracking them like 52 years ago. 190MPH is the record i heard. If i lived there and had the means id go to a nearby state thats not in risk and stay in a hotel til the flood water is gone. Prep the property as much as possible and get out. Wouldnt wanna have to get rescued from flooding

Crusher13

Don't BELIEVE the hype...

Fish are always playin' in Cane weather early in the season..

Juz kiddin..no way she puts as much hurt on FLA...

Goggles-Pisano

[Quote: Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus] I'm so glad I don't live in Florida.  

Wherever it hits, they're going to be in a world of hurt.  Eat your heart out Andrew
[/Quote]
11:00am 185/225
Latest path just grazing eastern florida. Now it's my turn to start sweating 

searchwarrant

180mph wind will demolish a concrete structure right down to the foundation. Ive seen it live on the island of Cozumel.

joe pockets

Rush liebugh said this all fake news by democrats to pander for more pork!

Europa

Irma could be downgraded to category 4 before hitting Florida in this weekend, BUT cat. 4 means destructive power, be prepared down South. Thoughts and prayers are with you guys down South.   

Europa

Both US and European models predict Irma's direct slam on Miami, prepare yourself Florida and South/North Carolina. This hurricane is a beast, look at the damage it has done to many Caribbean islands. 

Irma, the most powerful Atlantic Hurricane on the record book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxWgyTm98bM

SarasotaSlim

In the meantime a earthquake, which was felt as far as Mexico City and Guatemala City, had a preliminary magnitude of 8.1 and depth of 43 miles, according to the USGS.

The quake was so strong that it caused buildings to sway violently in Mexico's capital more than 650 miles away.

The U.S. Tsunami Warning System said hazardous tsunami waves were possible on the Pacific coasts of several Central American countries, including Guatemala, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama and Honduras..

The Hawk

Model I saw shows hurricane going right down the middle of Florida and into Georgia. 500k people cloggin' the roads trying to GTFO!

Midnight1

Florida Turnpike is traveling @ 8 mph. Don't understand people heading north because they will most likely run out of gas going & coming back.

In our canal, we have tied up our boats in the middle of the canal criss crossing our lines with neighbors on the other side of the canal. 

We got our cash Monday but neighbors went to Wells Fargo & TD bank which were supposed to be open until noon but the doors were closed @ 9am. Publix ATM's have run out of money.

We have plenty of gas & a tanker delivered 8 million gallons yesterday to the port in Ft. Lauderdale. No price gouging as gas is $269 per gallon. Got 25 gallons for our generator earlier this week.

Loewe's has been the most consistent place to get water with a two case maximum per person. Cops standing by so that nobody acts like some of the knuckleheads in Miami.Neighborhood pub providing 1 cooler full of ice for their patrons.

Bread peanut butter & jelly are slim but the Publix bakery is baking bread as much as possible.Expecting 3 to 5 feet of storm surge where I am. Shutters on facing the canal & hurricane windows & garage protect the rest of the house.

Neighbors are staying put because they know what a hassle it is getting back home after the storm. Neighbors helping neighbors is working for us right now.

JimmyDrizzl

What a mess....I was thinking of retiring to Fla at some future date..

Was going to Sell my current home in one of the cold midwest states and move to sunny warm Fla..

Time to rethink a bit...The warmth and sunshine comes with definite side effects that upset all the positive conventional thinking.

How would I personally handle the stress and strain of having to evacuate my home for a week or more and expected devastation or ruin...Not well I suspect....

Hoping for all concerned Florida residents to stay safe.
First Prev Next Last
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View