Search model icon

Lets talk outrights. 2nd Round Over

Participants:
Views: 664

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

Weekend coming the fun is on. The course was much easier today. You never know how will it be tomorrow. 

Spieth +400. He is 2 shots back. And if there was some sort of "luck" measure factor, Id say hes been awfully lucky. I can´t take those odds. 

Rose +550. I liked Rose better yesterday at +400. He had a 4 shot lead and less than 10 chasers 7 strokes or less behind him. Today that lead is 1 and you have bigger and much more sharks lurking behind him. After how hard the course was yesterday, I thought shooting even for the rest of the tourney could have won it for Rose. Today, it is clear that will not happen, especially since more rain is anticipated.

**I believe if you like Rose you should bet him live tomorrow once he gets to the 8th hole**

JT +550. This one has my eye. Its half of the price before the tourney started. JT was flawless today. I think if greens stay receptive, his iron play will take this home

Will Z. Ive watched all tourney and this guy has been  killing it. -4 today and not a single birdie in the par 5s. The putter has looked fine so far... +1100. Seriously, one shot ahead of Spieth, with the game he has been playing, should he pay more than twice as much? 

Besides from that there are two guys that have my attention. Conners and Smith. Smith was having an epic round and some very bad bounces. Hole 15 was brutal. Conners cannot lag putt. Period... But if the greens stay soft, he could get on a heater, and at odds of +8100 it is hard not to take a bite. 

Any takes? 

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

Anyone like Dechambeau at +2500?  If he puts up another good round tomorrow like he had today he’ll be in the thick of it.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

@Bonacuse44

I like to approach in play outrights trying to think what the winning score will be. Right now, I believe -12 will almost certainly win it and -11 very likely to win as well. If I had to set a line on the winning score it would be -10,5. 

Thinking that, Bryson would have to go bonkers on the weekend and shoot 5 under each day. If there is one guy in the field that can do that it is him. But still, I think the chances of him pulling that off are less than 5%. And there is always the risk of JT getting on a heater also and raising that winning score to -14 which is unreacheable for Bryson. 

You are getting a little over twice the odds he had pre-tourney, yet he is 6 shots behind with an awful lot of guys ahead of him. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

After 2 rounds I’m liking in order to win outright 1. Justin Rose +600 2. Justin Thomas +550, and Tony Finau +1400 as a semi dark horse. 

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Brian Harman is worth a shot. Do not know the price although he is the only player to have shot under 70 in the 1st 2 rounds.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

after RD3 if anyone can beat Matsuyama I’d say Zalatoris might be the only one

connors played very well too but his putter is suspect, especially lag putts which you point out

Matsuyama goes on tears that most guys cannot do.  He came out after the rain delay on fire after doing nothing early round.  He was in the “zone” and making putts which he usually doesn’t. I don’t Expect much out of him today. 

good luck

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

Speith or Rose gentleman..

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

Rose was awful rd3 and nothing Rd2 

caught lightning in a bottle rd1

even in his post Rd1 interview he said he hadn’t been playing well and didn’t know what to expect

rd2&3 weren’t good

i give Rose ZERO chance

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

@sacker17

True, thats living in the past, what happened rd 1..?

clover

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Sorry guys, I was not able to log in after. But thank you for your responses. Sack nailed it with his post. 

On to Heritage

Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GPWA Logo GDPR Logo GeoTrust Logo Evalon Logo