• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Poker

    im such a dope for betting on the end

    NJDevils
    jaxwhitey
    ad1260
    mmac66
    MWC
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 470
    Posts: 18
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2007 - 1:34 AM ET #1

    i have AQ playing 1-2 NL...i raise to 15..4 callers ...flop is q q 6...i bet 15 2 callers
     
    turn is a q..i check 1 guy bets 25 other guy  calls , i call...
     
    river is a 6.
     
    1st guy checks ,i bet 60 bucks both fold...im an idiot
     
    do you think the guy that bet the turn would have bet again? i wasnt sure and didnt wanna check my hand but .....
     
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    i have AQ playing 1-2 NL...i raise to 15..4 callers ...flop is q q 6...i bet 15 2 callers
     
    turn is a q..i check 1 guy bets 25 other guy  calls , i call...
     
    river is a 6.
     
    1st guy checks ,i bet 60 bucks both fold...im an idiot
     
    do you think the guy that bet the turn would have bet again? i wasnt sure and didnt wanna check my hand but .....
     
     
    jaxwhitey
    jaxwhitey
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 1752
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2007 - 8:36 PM ET #2

    Not a bad bet since the board showed a full house

    You may have given off a tell though somewhere in the hand
    Reply
    Not a bad bet since the board showed a full house

    You may have given off a tell though somewhere in the hand
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8161
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2007 - 9:36 PM ET #3

    I think I would have reraised 25 on the turn....obliging them to both most likely call...then on the river they probably would have checked and I would have bet 40. But thats just me...plus you dont wanna run the risk of the everyone checking after the river, especially when you have quads. I dont think it was a dope move at all!!!   
    Reply
    I think I would have reraised 25 on the turn....obliging them to both most likely call...then on the river they probably would have checked and I would have bet 40. But thats just me...plus you dont wanna run the risk of the everyone checking after the river, especially when you have quads. I dont think it was a dope move at all!!!   
     
    mmac66
    mmac66
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 12725
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2007 - 10:57 PM ET #4

    Not a stupid bet at all.....just didn't work....the $60 is definitely going to be perceived as a "value" bet. No problem though, you got as much out of this as possible, a raise on the turn might have been a better play as ad1260 suggested. No worries though, nice hand.
    Reply
    Not a stupid bet at all.....just didn't work....the $60 is definitely going to be perceived as a "value" bet. No problem though, you got as much out of this as possible, a raise on the turn might have been a better play as ad1260 suggested. No worries though, nice hand.
     
    MWC
    MWC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 3311
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2007 - 1:28 PM ET #5

    Not too bad.  A limp on the turn may have got you a little more money.  I can see the check though.  Depending on how well you knew your villians, you may have been able to figure out that $60 would be too much.
    Reply
    Not too bad.  A limp on the turn may have got you a little more money.  I can see the check though.  Depending on how well you knew your villians, you may have been able to figure out that $60 would be too much.
     
    MWC
    MWC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 3311
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2007 - 1:43 PM ET #6

    To try to be more clear, a small raise on the turn, say $20 gives off a similar indication as a check that you may be wary of their hands (which, of course, you're not). They both may have followed with $20, if not they were chasing something very bad and got no help on the flop or turn. An additional $30 raise on the river may have got you at least one more follower.
     
    NJDevils-
    I recall that you used to live and play in Vegas.  I moved to Vegas last July.  Any favorite poker rooms here?  Any consistent tourist fish type establishments to pad my bankroll? 
     
    I've been playing all over town, testing the waters.  From what I've found, some touristy places tend to be too loose (yes, there is such of thing).  As in getting pocket AA or AK cracked because of some frat boy hitting a boat on the river holding a 75o, calling and re-raising my bets becuase he's on vacation and "..damnit, I brought this money to spend on gambooling and gambool I will.  Hey waitress, another RedBull and vodka, these guys suck!"  You know what I'm talking about. 
     
    Something in between this and a house full of rocks would be great, any suggestions?
     
    Reply
    To try to be more clear, a small raise on the turn, say $20 gives off a similar indication as a check that you may be wary of their hands (which, of course, you're not). They both may have followed with $20, if not they were chasing something very bad and got no help on the flop or turn. An additional $30 raise on the river may have got you at least one more follower.
     
    NJDevils-
    I recall that you used to live and play in Vegas.  I moved to Vegas last July.  Any favorite poker rooms here?  Any consistent tourist fish type establishments to pad my bankroll? 
     
    I've been playing all over town, testing the waters.  From what I've found, some touristy places tend to be too loose (yes, there is such of thing).  As in getting pocket AA or AK cracked because of some frat boy hitting a boat on the river holding a 75o, calling and re-raising my bets becuase he's on vacation and "..damnit, I brought this money to spend on gambooling and gambool I will.  Hey waitress, another RedBull and vodka, these guys suck!"  You know what I'm talking about. 
     
    Something in between this and a house full of rocks would be great, any suggestions?
     
     
    mmac66
    mmac66
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 12725
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2007 - 7:21 PM ET #7

    Where do you like to play now MWC?
    Reply
    Where do you like to play now MWC?
     
    mmac66
    mmac66
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 12725
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2007 - 7:22 PM ET #8

    I think MGM is great and loaded with "mediocre" players.
    Reply
    I think MGM is great and loaded with "mediocre" players.
     
    MWC
    MWC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 3311
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2007 - 7:36 PM ET #9

    Since I'm new to town, I'm feeling things out and playing wherever til I get a good feel for what rooms I like and dislike.  So, to answer your question, almost everywhere the last few months.  Rooms I've returned for a second goround: Strat, MGM, Man Bay, Red Rock.
     
    Although, I hate the Red Rock.  I just hate the casino and most of their staff in general.  And, unfortunately, I live right around the corner, I can walk there and sometimes I do.
    Reply
    Since I'm new to town, I'm feeling things out and playing wherever til I get a good feel for what rooms I like and dislike.  So, to answer your question, almost everywhere the last few months.  Rooms I've returned for a second goround: Strat, MGM, Man Bay, Red Rock.
     
    Although, I hate the Red Rock.  I just hate the casino and most of their staff in general.  And, unfortunately, I live right around the corner, I can walk there and sometimes I do.
     
    mmac66
    mmac66
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 12725
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2007 - 7:45 PM ET #10

    I  like the Red Rock and the staff........at least I did. We may have differing opinions of places! 
     
    Flamingo only has low limits, but the players aren't good.....Mandalay ain't bad and I've won there, but I don't really like the poker room. It's funny because I really like the resort in general. Venetian isn't bad, but I think the level of play is slightly better there. Wynn is good as well. Those are my thoughts.

    What rooms don't you like?
     
    In my opinion there isn't such a thing as too loose, but I understand where you are coming from.
    Reply
    I  like the Red Rock and the staff........at least I did. We may have differing opinions of places! 
     
    Flamingo only has low limits, but the players aren't good.....Mandalay ain't bad and I've won there, but I don't really like the poker room. It's funny because I really like the resort in general. Venetian isn't bad, but I think the level of play is slightly better there. Wynn is good as well. Those are my thoughts.

    What rooms don't you like?
     
    In my opinion there isn't such a thing as too loose, but I understand where you are coming from.
     
    smw1992
    smw1992
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 390
    Posted: Dec. 11, 2007 - 1:17 PM ET #11

    Devils,
    I don't think you played the hand bad at all, it just did not work.  I think you got all you could from the hand MAYBE a little more by a miniraise on the turn but I doubt it.  Would the guy have bet the river if you checked?  Depends on your read.  You took a shot and couldn't get any more value.  Don't worry, nice hand.
    Reply
    Devils,
    I don't think you played the hand bad at all, it just did not work.  I think you got all you could from the hand MAYBE a little more by a miniraise on the turn but I doubt it.  Would the guy have bet the river if you checked?  Depends on your read.  You took a shot and couldn't get any more value.  Don't worry, nice hand.
     
    MWC
    MWC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 3311
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2007 - 6:37 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by mmac66:



    What rooms don't you like?
     
     

    I'm liking any rooms that aren't completely crowded 24/7.  First and foremost, I HATE getting moved (unless I'm in a tourney of course).  So, try to avoid situations like that.  If I'm at a big room, I try to get on one of the main tables if I can, if I can't I leave.  I also refuse to get on a waiting list.  There are just too many options in Las Vegas to have to wait to play in a certain room (no matter how pretentous they want to be).  If there's a waiting list, I'm outta there.

    So, it depends.  I've been viewing poker rooms the same as sportsbooks.  Somebody asks me what sportsbook I like the best, the answer is simple and should be obvious to anyone on this website - the one with the best line!!  Same with a poker room, the one that fits my criteria and agenda.

    I guess NJD doesn't have a response.....

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mmac66:



    What rooms don't you like?
     
     

    I'm liking any rooms that aren't completely crowded 24/7.  First and foremost, I HATE getting moved (unless I'm in a tourney of course).  So, try to avoid situations like that.  If I'm at a big room, I try to get on one of the main tables if I can, if I can't I leave.  I also refuse to get on a waiting list.  There are just too many options in Las Vegas to have to wait to play in a certain room (no matter how pretentous they want to be).  If there's a waiting list, I'm outta there.

    So, it depends.  I've been viewing poker rooms the same as sportsbooks.  Somebody asks me what sportsbook I like the best, the answer is simple and should be obvious to anyone on this website - the one with the best line!!  Same with a poker room, the one that fits my criteria and agenda.

    I guess NJD doesn't have a response.....

     

     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 12:51 AM ET #13

    i liked the bellagio room...its always crowded but there is always a game
     
    the red rock was okay but too many old people there for me...like a retirement home
     
    the mgm room is nice and if u play 1/2 NL they have a lot of games all the time...thats a long walk from the parking lot though. dealers were nice there also..and good dealers
     
     
    now in FL i just played at The Isle at Pompano park and i really liked it..ill probably go back this weekend sometime
    Reply
    i liked the bellagio room...its always crowded but there is always a game
     
    the red rock was okay but too many old people there for me...like a retirement home
     
    the mgm room is nice and if u play 1/2 NL they have a lot of games all the time...thats a long walk from the parking lot though. dealers were nice there also..and good dealers
     
     
    now in FL i just played at The Isle at Pompano park and i really liked it..ill probably go back this weekend sometime
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 12:54 AM ET #14

    it tough though because i found that dopes play low limit and dopes play no limit
     
    the other day i had a guy for some reason reraise me preflop with J6 i had KK... i made it 15 he makes it 75...i go all in for 145 which had his 125 covered
     
    flop was Q J 6  turn was an 8 river was K
    Reply
    it tough though because i found that dopes play low limit and dopes play no limit
     
    the other day i had a guy for some reason reraise me preflop with J6 i had KK... i made it 15 he makes it 75...i go all in for 145 which had his 125 covered
     
    flop was Q J 6  turn was an 8 river was K
     
    MWC
    MWC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 3311
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 1:46 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by NJDevils:

    it tough though because i found that dopes play low limit and dopes play no limit
     
    the other day i had a guy for some reason reraise me preflop with J6 i had KK... i made it 15 he makes it 75...i go all in for 145 which had his 125 covered
     
    flop was Q J 6  turn was an 8 river was K

    Thanks for the input NJD.  This is great example of what I'm talking about being "too loose."  People of vacation simply have money to burn.  I guess this guy was a total idiot or trying to bluff you out on your preflop raise.  Either way, that's shitty play considering what he was holding.  Glad it worked out for you though.

    I played 1/3 NL at Excaliber last night for the first time.  It was kinda fun.  Laid back, kind of loose atmosphere.  Nice mix of players - some local rocks and some loose touristy kids.  I had a crappy session though.  Donked half of my stack in a couple of hours or so cause I kept getting things like A4o, KQo, QJo, crap like that and not hitting anything on the flop.  Those hands are just enough to call a small preflop raise, but not enough to cover a $40 turn raise. If anyone feels I played this wrong, please feel free to comment. I left the table with half my buy-in dejected.  As I was down half my money and not been in a single hand the entire session.

    I agree about the MGM.  It's a good place to play, if you can get on a table.  I've played there twice.  Probably more if there wasn't waiting lists.  The dealers are top notch.  Here's a little secret to parking if you want to play at the MGM.  I don't tell anyone this, but this poker forum is about as dead as it gets.  You can park at the Trop's parking lot, next to Hooters, and simply walk over the footbridge, and bam, you're there - down the steps and there's the poker room in front of you.  I park there ALL the time.  From there I can easily walk to the Trop, Hooters, Excaliber, MGM and NYNY.  And, at the Ex you can jump on the free monorail to the Luxor and Man Bay - all within a matter of minutes (the monorail takes a few minutes longer).

     

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by NJDevils:

    it tough though because i found that dopes play low limit and dopes play no limit
     
    the other day i had a guy for some reason reraise me preflop with J6 i had KK... i made it 15 he makes it 75...i go all in for 145 which had his 125 covered
     
    flop was Q J 6  turn was an 8 river was K

    Thanks for the input NJD.  This is great example of what I'm talking about being "too loose."  People of vacation simply have money to burn.  I guess this guy was a total idiot or trying to bluff you out on your preflop raise.  Either way, that's shitty play considering what he was holding.  Glad it worked out for you though.

    I played 1/3 NL at Excaliber last night for the first time.  It was kinda fun.  Laid back, kind of loose atmosphere.  Nice mix of players - some local rocks and some loose touristy kids.  I had a crappy session though.  Donked half of my stack in a couple of hours or so cause I kept getting things like A4o, KQo, QJo, crap like that and not hitting anything on the flop.  Those hands are just enough to call a small preflop raise, but not enough to cover a $40 turn raise. If anyone feels I played this wrong, please feel free to comment. I left the table with half my buy-in dejected.  As I was down half my money and not been in a single hand the entire session.

    I agree about the MGM.  It's a good place to play, if you can get on a table.  I've played there twice.  Probably more if there wasn't waiting lists.  The dealers are top notch.  Here's a little secret to parking if you want to play at the MGM.  I don't tell anyone this, but this poker forum is about as dead as it gets.  You can park at the Trop's parking lot, next to Hooters, and simply walk over the footbridge, and bam, you're there - down the steps and there's the poker room in front of you.  I park there ALL the time.  From there I can easily walk to the Trop, Hooters, Excaliber, MGM and NYNY.  And, at the Ex you can jump on the free monorail to the Luxor and Man Bay - all within a matter of minutes (the monorail takes a few minutes longer).

     

     

     
    mmac66
    mmac66
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 12725
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 10:05 PM ET #16

    Good call on the Trop  parking MWC....it's definitely much closer.
     
    Excalibur is way laid back, it's fun from time to time. The sportsbook there ain't half bad either since they fixed it up earlier this year.
    Reply
    Good call on the Trop  parking MWC....it's definitely much closer.
     
    Excalibur is way laid back, it's fun from time to time. The sportsbook there ain't half bad either since they fixed it up earlier this year.
     
    pezeveng
    pezeveng
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 4711
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2007 - 2:22 PM ET #17

    MWC Iam going to be in Vegas jan 10-17 I usually play in the noon tourney at Ceasars I think its 80 plus 50 add-on.  As for the weaker rooms I found THe Mirage to be crammed with tourists.  Play the STG there will make you money, people push with crap hands all the time Ace rag is a monster to some of these guys.
     
    If I bring my laptop I'll post when I'll be there, play in a couple let me know what you think.
    Reply
    MWC Iam going to be in Vegas jan 10-17 I usually play in the noon tourney at Ceasars I think its 80 plus 50 add-on.  As for the weaker rooms I found THe Mirage to be crammed with tourists.  Play the STG there will make you money, people push with crap hands all the time Ace rag is a monster to some of these guys.
     
    If I bring my laptop I'll post when I'll be there, play in a couple let me know what you think.
     
     
    MWC
    MWC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 3311
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2007 - 5:36 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by pezeveng:

    MWC Iam going to be in Vegas jan 10-17 I usually play in the noon tourney at Ceasars I think its 80 plus 50 add-on.  As for the weaker rooms I found THe Mirage to be crammed with tourists.  Play the STG there will make you money, people push with crap hands all the time Ace rag is a monster to some of these guys.
     
    If I bring my laptop I'll post when I'll be there, play in a couple let me know what you think.

    Sounds good man.  GL!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by pezeveng:

    MWC Iam going to be in Vegas jan 10-17 I usually play in the noon tourney at Ceasars I think its 80 plus 50 add-on.  As for the weaker rooms I found THe Mirage to be crammed with tourists.  Play the STG there will make you money, people push with crap hands all the time Ace rag is a monster to some of these guys.
     
    If I bring my laptop I'll post when I'll be there, play in a couple let me know what you think.

    Sounds good man.  GL!

    All Forums | Poker

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,221
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 268,973
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,697
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,393
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 688
    • MLB Playoffs 5,148
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,076
    • Trump's legacy? 33,921
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,285
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,979

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.