One I would like to see is when there is a 2 minute penalty, the players who were on the ice at the time have to remain out there. No automatic change. Not sure whether I like it for both teams or only the team that took the penalty. Just the latter I think.
How about more calls on interference. When guys dump the puck in, the defenseman always interferes and impedes their forward progress. Some more blatant than others. This is never enforced.
Here’s one. When player in the defensive zone throws the puck at an empty net and miss for the second straight icing, it becomes a 2 minute penalty. Once the puck is played over the blue line and not an icing, the 2 time rule starts over. I can’t be serious about this one. Maybe 3 times instead of two.
just some idle thought because I’m actually missing hockey. Especially this time of the year when every game is so important for playoff positioning. The competition is as good as any other pro sport.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
One I would like to see is when there is a 2 minute penalty, the players who were on the ice at the time have to remain out there. No automatic change. Not sure whether I like it for both teams or only the team that took the penalty. Just the latter I think.
How about more calls on interference. When guys dump the puck in, the defenseman always interferes and impedes their forward progress. Some more blatant than others. This is never enforced.
Here’s one. When player in the defensive zone throws the puck at an empty net and miss for the second straight icing, it becomes a 2 minute penalty. Once the puck is played over the blue line and not an icing, the 2 time rule starts over. I can’t be serious about this one. Maybe 3 times instead of two.
just some idle thought because I’m actually missing hockey. Especially this time of the year when every game is so important for playoff positioning. The competition is as good as any other pro sport.
Quote Originally Posted by haappyy: make the game 4 on 4...no offsides no icing keep the game moving...but realistically get rid of the diving ruleWhy not just not have goalies? It would be so exiting, many goals!
Well, if the goalie takes a penalty, then maybe there should be a penalty shot. Having no goalie is kinda dumb, doncha’ think.?
Quote Originally Posted by benhogan76:
Quote Originally Posted by haappyy: make the game 4 on 4...no offsides no icing keep the game moving...but realistically get rid of the diving ruleWhy not just not have goalies? It would be so exiting, many goals!
Well, if the goalie takes a penalty, then maybe there should be a penalty shot. Having no goalie is kinda dumb, doncha’ think.?