New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

Lets do some rule changes

Participants:
Views: 237

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

One I would like to see is when there is a 2 minute penalty, the players who were on the ice at the time have to remain out there. No automatic change. Not sure whether I like it for both teams or only the team that took the penalty. Just the latter I think. 

How about more calls on interference. When guys dump the puck in, the defenseman always interferes and impedes their forward progress. Some more blatant than others. This is never enforced.

Here’s one. When player in the defensive zone throws the puck at an empty net and miss for the second straight icing, it becomes a 2 minute penalty. Once the puck is played over the blue line and not an icing, the 2 time rule starts over. I can’t be serious about this one. Maybe 3 times instead of two.

just some idle thought because I’m actually missing hockey. Especially this time of the year when every game is so important for playoff positioning. The competition is as good as any other pro sport.

Quote Post Report User

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

I think it's a good change

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

make the game 4 on 4...no offsides no icing keep the game moving...but realistically get rid of the diving rule

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Actually. They should assess the “diver” an extra 2 minutes. ( double minor) and play 4 on 4 the first two minutes.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Quote Originally Posted by haappyy:

make the game 4 on 4...no offsides no icing keep the game moving...but realistically get rid of the diving rule
Why not just not have goalies?  It would be so exiting, many goals!

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Quote Originally Posted by benhogan76:

Quote Originally Posted by haappyy: make the game 4 on 4...no offsides no icing keep the game moving...but realistically get rid of the diving ruleWhy not just not have goalies?  It would be so exiting, many goals!

Well, if the goalie takes a penalty, then maybe there should be a penalty shot. Having no goalie is kinda dumb, doncha’ think.?

Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo