Search model icon

Pittsburgh...who put the D__K On The Snowman

Participants:
Views: 78

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

“Sometimes we all do things that, well, just don’t make no sense."_Forrest Gump's Mother

They cut or free agented starting corner Steven Nelson, starting slot corner Mike Hilton, starting ILB and principal run stopper Vince Williams, starting OLB and pass rusher extraordinaire Bud Dupree, starting nose tackle Tyson Alualu. These guys are not the biggest names on D but make no mistake they gave this Pitts' D its backbone. 

They have DBs Cam Sutton and James Pierre on the bench but who knows if they can do the job in the starting role? They are thin at linebacker even with the return of Bush and Spillane. The other fill ins are question marks so hope for the worst. 

They have no cap space to sign any of them...Pitts is receiver rich (Washington, Claypool, Johnson, McCloud and butterfingers Ebron at TE) so signing Juju to a one year 8 million dollar contract doesn't make much sense to me when they have so many other pressing needs. 

What is their plan for the nonexistent run blocking Oline? They will get Zach Banner back and have a promising second year man in Kevin Dotson but who will be the center and the rest is dead wood. Pittsburgh's Oline pass blocked on both passing plays and running plays. What the hell happened there? Nobody knows least of all the coaching staff.

Tough to know how good RBs Snell and MacFarlane are as they ran behind trash last year and were tackled in the backfield. Their needs from the draft are Oline, Oline, Oline...
The Browns, Bengals, and Ravens are all better than the Steelers so their time in the sun is over...Ben's last year and it would hurt more in the cap space had he retired...so the GM Colbert and the owner Art 'Bourbon' Rooney are the ones who boxed the team into this mess...

So be it...I have hope that a new league will replace the NFL as it is so bribed and corrupted...Roger Goodell is such a pompous jerk...just a real slime-ball. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

I'm guessing you're a Steelers fan, Lancer, and that's great because they're one of the all-time franchises (I'm serious, I mean it); and part of the Original Eight.  (I'm a lifelong NYer and G-MEN fan!)

I was gonna joke about Big Ben still having the wheels and that 4th gear to get out of trouble when the pocket collapses, but I'll take the more serious approach and suggest you check Zebrakiller's recent post (he was OP I think) where he exudes confidence and sees them as glory-bound next season.

We know about the Rooney family's loyalty (like the Maras in NY), but why did they resign their GM for another year????  We know Tomlin's gold to the Rooneys (and to Roger the Dodger), and I wouldn't blame Tomlin alone for the decline if the GM has been skating for quite a few years now.

The locker room has been loosey-goosey for quite a while now, and that's on the HC, but would the Rooneys do a full demo and rebuild?  Can't see that...they're already older and you know when that happens "change" is not something they embrace.

Praise for Colbert: "Widely credited with putting together the SUPE XL and XLIII teams...".  We just had SUPE LV, I think.

One of those mysteries of the universe, I guess.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

@DB51daBEARS

My fandom for Pitts is long gone (post 70s dynasty) but it is the team that I am most familiar with. I bet against them all of the time...they are headed for suckville. Like many franchises, it needs new ownership. 

My real wish is for a new league so that American football can be a sport once again...probably never happen. In the last days of the republic, we will all suffer disappointment and more than likely death. First enslavement and then extermination. an_lightening

Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GPWA Logo GDPR Logo GeoTrust Logo Evalon Logo