New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

Just the tips - NFL betting 2020 edition

Participants:
Views: 848

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

Hey folks,

Now that the 2020 NFL schedule and odds have been released, I'm looking for the best tips to turn my $1,000 bankroll into $10,000 by the end of the season.  Need all your help.

Quote Post Report User

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

I'm looking for free picks and tips.  I like the Texans -10.5 at KC right now.  Super Bowl hangover?

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

week 1 teaser 13pts

Texans-Chiefs over 42 1/2

Seahawks-Falcons over 36

Cardinals-49ers over 32 1/2

Steelers +9 1/2

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Love that Texans/Chiefs teaser.  Good luck AFentomologist.

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

You mean Texans +10.5...il take KC to blow them out by 20 again. The new dynasty makes a statement

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerguy:

You mean Texans +10.5...il take KC to blow them out by 20 again. The new dynasty makes a statement

i got a decent wager on texans season win total under 8.5 -130. i see now 7.5. they're gonna get destroyed this season and watson isn't gonna take it anymore. hope you're doing well, bro

No team is as good as it looks when winning nor are they as bad as they look when losing

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

Quote Originally Posted by OlDirtyBaztid:

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerguy: You mean Texans +10.5...il take KC to blow them out by 20 again. The new dynasty makes a statement i got a decent wager on texans season win total under 8.5 -130. i see now 7.5. they're gonna get destroyed this season and watson isn't gonna take it anymore. hope you're doing well, bro

Hey..you ole dirty baztid you..lol. Doing well boss. Hope all is well with you. nice play on the texans u8.5peace_5

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

Turning $1,000 into $10,000 is tough. You pretty much have to win either get extremely lucky with plunge bets or win a 4-team parlay, but the odds of doing that are 15-1. A more realistic approach is to wager 2% of bankroll (22 to win 20) with a goal of winning 10 units by the end of the season. You could also enter a Vegas contest with your $1,000 and possibly win $100,000 or more.

In mid-late June, I strongly recommend going to Amazon and getting Lindy's Pro Football Annual, Marc Lawrence's Playbook Football Preview Guide, and Week One NFL Winners. The cost is minimal and you will be well prepared when the season starts with those three books. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

Thanks guys.. Texans under 8.5 is an interesting one.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Inside tip: bears +1

winning money is better than earning it

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

Anyone want a good teaser tip?

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

Waiting for "the tip"!?!?

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #13

Quote Originally Posted by maxwagers781:

Inside tip: bears +1

i grabbed the bears +370 to win the north. more of a value bet than anything else. aaron rodgers is obviously on his way out with how the draft went. they didn't grab any of the pieces he needs and instead shocked the team by drafting a qb. we all know rodgers can be as passive aggressive as they come. 

the vikings could possibly be in shambles. the city can't stand cousins and for good reason. he's a total choke artist. always has been, always will be. they're without a big wr, diggs, now. i'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, though. diggs acted like a total cry baby when he wasn't getting the ball even though the team was winning, which i'm sure carried into the locker room and affected attitudes. now dalvin cook is looking to sit out to get prepared a ridiculous amount of undeserved money. mattison is solid and kubiak is a great rb coach, but i don't have a whole lot of faith in this team

lions? who knows what the lions are doing

that leaves the bears. it's clear they're moving on from mitch. they've got a super bowl winning qb paired up with his oc from philly, which is originally what they wanted in jacksonville. they've got a killer d again. the one thing that worries me is the te's. 10 te's? why? the only credible wr they have is arob. however, foles has done magic with little talent before. i'm not saying this is a lock by any means, but given the circumstances going on in this division, i definitely see value in the bears

No team is as good as it looks when winning nor are they as bad as they look when losing

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #14

Quote Originally Posted by lajohn:

Waiting for "the tip"!?!?

HAHAHA! I'll give you two teaser tips. These are from Marc Lawrence's Playbook Football Preview Guide 2020 and the 2020 edition of Week One NFL Winners. With newsstands shuttered, you can find both on Amazon. You can also find Marc's magazine at his site.

Lamar Jackson is 20-2 ATS in the regular season on the first leg of 6-point teaser.

Deshaun Watson is 29-5-3 ATS on the first leg of a 6-point teaser.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #15

Quote Originally Posted by OlDirtyBaztid:

Quote Originally Posted by maxwagers781: Inside tip: bears +1 i grabbed the bears +370 to win the north. more of a value bet than anything else. aaron rodgers is obviously on his way out with how the draft went. they didn't grab any of the pieces he needs and instead shocked the team by drafting a qb. we all know rodgers can be as passive aggressive as they come.  the vikings could possibly be in shambles. the city can't stand cousins and for good reason. he's a total choke artist. always has been, always will be. they're without a big wr, diggs, now. i'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, though. diggs acted like a total cry baby when he wasn't getting the ball even though the team was winning, which i'm sure carried into the locker room and affected attitudes. now dalvin cook is looking to sit out to get prepared a ridiculous amount of undeserved money. mattison is solid and kubiak is a great rb coach, but i don't have a whole lot of faith in this team lions? who knows what the lions are doing that leaves the bears. it's clear they're moving on from mitch. they've got a super bowl winning qb paired up with his oc from philly, which is originally what they wanted in jacksonville. they've got a killer d again. the one thing that worries me is the te's. 10 te's? why? the only credible wr they have is arob. however, foles has done magic with little talent before. i'm not saying this is a lock by any means, but given the circumstances going on in this division, i definitely see value in the bears

Interesting points! What do you think of the Bears in Week One?

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #16

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorSuccess:

Quote Originally Posted by OlDirtyBaztid: Quote Originally Posted by maxwagers781: Inside tip: bears +1 i grabbed the bears +370 to win the north. more of a value bet than anything else. aaron rodgers is obviously on his way out with how the draft went. they didn't grab any of the pieces he needs and instead shocked the team by drafting a qb. we all know rodgers can be as passive aggressive as they come.  the vikings could possibly be in shambles. the city can't stand cousins and for good reason. he's a total choke artist. always has been, always will be. they're without a big wr, diggs, now. i'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, though. diggs acted like a total cry baby when he wasn't getting the ball even though the team was winning, which i'm sure carried into the locker room and affected attitudes. now dalvin cook is looking to sit out to get prepared a ridiculous amount of undeserved money. mattison is solid and kubiak is a great rb coach, but i don't have a whole lot of faith in this team lions? who knows what the lions are doing that leaves the bears. it's clear they're moving on from mitch. they've got a super bowl winning qb paired up with his oc from philly, which is originally what they wanted in jacksonville. they've got a killer d again. the one thing that worries me is the te's. 10 te's? why? the only credible wr they have is arob. however, foles has done magic with little talent before. i'm not saying this is a lock by any means, but given the circumstances going on in this division, i definitely see value in the bears Interesting points! What do you think of the Bears in Week One?

that number really throws me off. could it be just the divisional game witht he bears pathetic ats road record? or how they've struggled with the lions in the past? i don't see how stafford could win against this d his first game back off an injury. not only that, who's in the lions secondary now? i have no clue who these guys have for a defense because patricia traded them all! i know they grabbed okudah but is a rookie really going to have a break out performance his first game of the season?

i figured the bears would've been favored to be honest. i'll probably have to play them at +1.5 and a little on the moneyline, but i'm not comfortable doing anything outside of some futures just yet. who knows what's going to happen with a positive covid test a week before kickoff. 

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #17

$1000 into $10,000 maybe if only bet one game per week I had great year last year last year except for superbowl

avg bet was $100 per game  but no where near won $10,000 this year though i have more cash per week so watch out.

I LOVE GAMBLING

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #18

The Circa contest is $1,000 to enter. First prize a million bucks. Four quarterly prizes of $20,000 each.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #19

Glad folks are getting solid tips in here.  Love the Lamar Jackson angle.  Remember folks.. “just the tips”   

Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo