• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Movies & Television

    The Event

    «First Previous 12
    StraightShooter
    Jaysvdubwhat
    smdio
    Weathered
    Ed-Collins
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2328
    Posts: 45
    «First Previous 12
     
    StraightShooter
    StraightShooter
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 23227
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2010 - 4:20 PM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysvdubwhat:

    Nothing will beat 24.

    The first two seasons...yes.

    The last two seasons of 24 were a complete joke.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysvdubwhat:

    Nothing will beat 24.

    The first two seasons...yes.

    The last two seasons of 24 were a complete joke.

     
    Jaysvdubwhat
    Jaysvdubwhat
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2008
    Posts: 23787
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2010 - 7:36 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightShooter:

    The first two seasons...yes.

    The last two seasons of 24 were a complete joke.



    I liked the first 4 seasons of 24 after that htey were still good but not great.

    Jack Baur no Tv Character will beat that
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightShooter:

    The first two seasons...yes.

    The last two seasons of 24 were a complete joke.



    I liked the first 4 seasons of 24 after that htey were still good but not great.

    Jack Baur no Tv Character will beat that
     
    smdio
    smdio
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 1094
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2010 - 4:30 PM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysvdubwhat:

    Nothing will beat 24.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysvdubwhat:

    Nothing will beat 24.
     
    smdio
    smdio
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 1094
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2010 - 4:31 PM ET #29

    Other than that, The Event is rather good.  Very very similiar to Flash Forward.  Also pissed that they canceled that show.  Don't understand it at ALL.  Talked to dozens and dozens of people that loved it, and now seems most loved it here as well.  Doesnt make sense!
    Reply
    Other than that, The Event is rather good.  Very very similiar to Flash Forward.  Also pissed that they canceled that show.  Don't understand it at ALL.  Talked to dozens and dozens of people that loved it, and now seems most loved it here as well.  Doesnt make sense!
     
    Weathered
    Weathered
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 13464
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2010 - 8:46 PM ET #30

    Getting alot better....I'm actually very into this show now

    Reply

    Getting alot better....I'm actually very into this show now

     
    Ed-Collins
    Ed-Collins
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 1634
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2010 - 10:10 PM ET #31

    Me too.  It's the one show I really look forward to every week.

    Jason Ritter looks so much like his dad it's uncanny.

    Been watching it online, at their website, since I also like Two and a Half Men, which is on at the same time.
    Reply
    Me too.  It's the one show I really look forward to every week.

    Jason Ritter looks so much like his dad it's uncanny.

    Been watching it online, at their website, since I also like Two and a Half Men, which is on at the same time.
     
    Jaysvdubwhat
    Jaysvdubwhat
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2008
    Posts: 23787
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2010 - 11:28 PM ET #32

    They cancell everything these days.
    Reply
    They cancell everything these days.
     
    dperr
    dperr
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 842
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2010 - 10:21 AM ET #33

    Am I the only one who has been losing interest the past two episodes?  I thought the show started off with a great concept, and while it was supplying more questions than answers I was intrigued, but the past two episodes I have found myself l losing interest. I am not really sure why but I feel the urge to change the channel when watching sometimes.  I will stick with it for a few more episodes before I make up my mind to stay or find something else.
    Reply
    Am I the only one who has been losing interest the past two episodes?  I thought the show started off with a great concept, and while it was supplying more questions than answers I was intrigued, but the past two episodes I have found myself l losing interest. I am not really sure why but I feel the urge to change the channel when watching sometimes.  I will stick with it for a few more episodes before I make up my mind to stay or find something else.
     
    depeche2
    depeche2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2002
    Posts: 67006
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2010 - 12:12 AM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by dperr:

    Am I the only one who has been losing interest the past two episodes?  I thought the show started off with a great concept, and while it was supplying more questions than answers I was intrigued, but the past two episodes I have found myself l losing interest. I am not really sure why but I feel the urge to change the channel when watching sometimes.  I will stick with it for a few more episodes before I make up my mind to stay or find something else.


    Not at all.  It keeps getting better and better.  I wasn't sold the first couple episodes and I thought it would wane, but it hasn't at all.  I am surprised at how good this show is.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dperr:

    Am I the only one who has been losing interest the past two episodes?  I thought the show started off with a great concept, and while it was supplying more questions than answers I was intrigued, but the past two episodes I have found myself l losing interest. I am not really sure why but I feel the urge to change the channel when watching sometimes.  I will stick with it for a few more episodes before I make up my mind to stay or find something else.


    Not at all.  It keeps getting better and better.  I wasn't sold the first couple episodes and I thought it would wane, but it hasn't at all.  I am surprised at how good this show is.
     
    KQC
    KQC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 3852
    Posted: Nov. 9, 2010 - 11:36 PM ET #35

    Good episode last night.. think they all call Sophia mother or is Thomas really her son?  Those were some freaky looking kids.  Thought they got Simon in the clear a little too easily, but overall good episode.
    Reply
    Good episode last night.. think they all call Sophia mother or is Thomas really her son?  Those were some freaky looking kids.  Thought they got Simon in the clear a little too easily, but overall good episode.
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2010 - 5:35 PM ET #36

    I have liked the whole season. i thought it started slow and has gotten better
    Reply
    I have liked the whole season. i thought it started slow and has gotten better
     
    Weathered
    Weathered
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 13464
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2010 - 9:47 PM ET #37

    You know your really into a show when they take it off for a week (last week) and your pissed.

    I think it has been getting better and better each week.

     

     

    Reply

    You know your really into a show when they take it off for a week (last week) and your pissed.

    I think it has been getting better and better each week.

     

     

     
    depeche2
    depeche2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2002
    Posts: 67006
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2010 - 10:05 PM ET #38

    Last night's ep a little weaker, but the anticipation for the next week always there.  Yeah, I think Thomas is Sophia's son, although with this show, who knows.  Have they been kidnapping kids for 66 years and injecting them with something that makes their bodies stay like kids but their faces grow old?
    Reply
    Last night's ep a little weaker, but the anticipation for the next week always there.  Yeah, I think Thomas is Sophia's son, although with this show, who knows.  Have they been kidnapping kids for 66 years and injecting them with something that makes their bodies stay like kids but their faces grow old?
     
    KQC
    KQC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 3852
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2010 - 3:16 PM ET #39

    Will the long hiatus ruin this show?
    Reply
    Will the long hiatus ruin this show?
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2010 - 9:09 PM ET #40


    This show has been great the past bunch of weeks!

    Hiatus sucks but I am sure it will be fine when it comes back
    Reply

    This show has been great the past bunch of weeks!

    Hiatus sucks but I am sure it will be fine when it comes back
     
    Weathered
    Weathered
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 13464
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2010 - 7:12 PM ET #41

    Wow.

    Just saw that The Event is not coming back until March.

    Thats super weak.

    Way to kill any sort of momentum this show was gaining NBC.

    Idiots.

    Reply

    Wow.

    Just saw that The Event is not coming back until March.

    Thats super weak.

    Way to kill any sort of momentum this show was gaining NBC.

    Idiots.

     
    Jaysvdubwhat
    Jaysvdubwhat
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2008
    Posts: 23787
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2010 - 8:23 PM ET #42

    I remember when they took like 4 months off the last season of prison break. I forgot all about the show and never saw the last 6 episodes
    Reply
    I remember when they took like 4 months off the last season of prison break. I forgot all about the show and never saw the last 6 episodes
     
    depeche2
    depeche2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2002
    Posts: 67006
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2010 - 11:19 AM ET #43

    Back on Monday, February 28.
    Reply
    Back on Monday, February 28.
     
    Weathered
    Weathered
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 13464
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2010 - 4:04 PM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by depeche2:

    Back on Monday, February 28.

    So they moved it up a week from the article i read.

    Still shitty to have a 3 month break.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by depeche2:

    Back on Monday, February 28.

    So they moved it up a week from the article i read.

    Still shitty to have a 3 month break.

     
     
    KQC
    KQC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 3852
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2011 - 12:14 AM ET #45

    Returns this Monday... now if I can only remember what was going on.
    Reply
    Returns this Monday... now if I can only remember what was going on.
    All Forums | Movies & Television
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,674
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,359
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,054
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,031
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 601
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 6,623
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,456
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 8,066
    • Los Angeles Rams @ Philadelphia Eagles 5,718
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,309

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.