• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Movies & Television

    The 3 Stooges

    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
    earthWake
    TRAIN69
    MoneySRH
    pulledclear
    ad1260
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5263
    Posts: 51
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
     
    earthWake
    earthWake
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 6196
    Posted: Apr. 9, 2012 - 2:40 PM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:


    Why R? The original Stooges were funny without cursing or nudity. Of course there is the violence of slapping and getting hit by objects, but nothing blowing up and no one dying.

    Bunch of wanna be critics have already doomed this film. I'm not saying its gonna be Gone with the Wind, but I will wait to give my opinion until I have a basis that has value, not speculation.

    Well, considering I've never seen a quality PG movie in my life - I stand by my prediciton.

    Little kid humor doesn't do it for me..I already saw a joke about 'boogers' in the preview...Pass
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:


    Why R? The original Stooges were funny without cursing or nudity. Of course there is the violence of slapping and getting hit by objects, but nothing blowing up and no one dying.

    Bunch of wanna be critics have already doomed this film. I'm not saying its gonna be Gone with the Wind, but I will wait to give my opinion until I have a basis that has value, not speculation.

    Well, considering I've never seen a quality PG movie in my life - I stand by my prediciton.

    Little kid humor doesn't do it for me..I already saw a joke about 'boogers' in the preview...Pass
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55678
    Posted: Apr. 9, 2012 - 2:46 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by earthWake:


    Well, considering I've never seen a quality PG movie in my life - I stand by my prediciton.

    Little kid humor doesn't do it for me..I already saw a joke about 'boogers' in the preview...Pass


    Obviously you arent a Stooges fan then.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by earthWake:


    Well, considering I've never seen a quality PG movie in my life - I stand by my prediciton.

    Little kid humor doesn't do it for me..I already saw a joke about 'boogers' in the preview...Pass


    Obviously you arent a Stooges fan then.
     
    MoneySRH
    MoneySRH
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8480
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2012 - 8:44 PM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:



    Bad idea? What the fuck is wrong with you?
    I just think you can't replace the original stooges. I don't really like celebrity impersonators. It's just like the new nightmare on elm street movie. I couldn't get over the fact that Freddy wasn't Robert England.

    So, it made me hate the entire movie even though I'm a huge fan of the series. I'm gonna give it a shot but I don't think I will be able to enjoy it because it will be celebrity impersonators and not the real stooges.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:



    Bad idea? What the fuck is wrong with you?
    I just think you can't replace the original stooges. I don't really like celebrity impersonators. It's just like the new nightmare on elm street movie. I couldn't get over the fact that Freddy wasn't Robert England.

    So, it made me hate the entire movie even though I'm a huge fan of the series. I'm gonna give it a shot but I don't think I will be able to enjoy it because it will be celebrity impersonators and not the real stooges.
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55678
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2012 - 8:47 PM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

    I just think you can't replace the original stooges. I don't really like celebrity impersonators. It's just like the new nightmare on elm street movie. I couldn't get over the fact that Freddy wasn't Robert England.

    So, it made me hate the entire movie even though I'm a huge fan of the series. I'm gonna give it a shot but I don't think I will be able to enjoy it because it will be celebrity impersonators and not the real stooges.

    Well duh. Jeez. What do people want? The Stooges are icons and could never be replaced. It would be sad if a movie wasnt done. These men are classics and a movie is a tribute to that.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

    I just think you can't replace the original stooges. I don't really like celebrity impersonators. It's just like the new nightmare on elm street movie. I couldn't get over the fact that Freddy wasn't Robert England.

    So, it made me hate the entire movie even though I'm a huge fan of the series. I'm gonna give it a shot but I don't think I will be able to enjoy it because it will be celebrity impersonators and not the real stooges.

    Well duh. Jeez. What do people want? The Stooges are icons and could never be replaced. It would be sad if a movie wasnt done. These men are classics and a movie is a tribute to that.

     
    pulledclear
    pulledclear
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 3202
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2012 - 4:05 AM ET #30

    Larry David playing a nun!!
    Reply
    Larry David playing a nun!!
     
    MoneySRH
    MoneySRH
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8480
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2012 - 6:14 AM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Well duh. Jeez. What do people want? The Stooges are icons and could never be replaced. It would be sad if a movie wasnt done. These men are classics and a movie is a tribute to that.

    Let’s hope that Hollywood pays tribute, do justice to the stooges in this movie, and makes the original stooges proud.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Well duh. Jeez. What do people want? The Stooges are icons and could never be replaced. It would be sad if a movie wasnt done. These men are classics and a movie is a tribute to that.

    Let’s hope that Hollywood pays tribute, do justice to the stooges in this movie, and makes the original stooges proud.
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8159
    Posted: Apr. 13, 2012 - 1:07 AM ET #32

    I think I am just to young to appreciate this kind of comedy but nonetheless, respect it. 
    Reply
    I think I am just to young to appreciate this kind of comedy but nonetheless, respect it. 
     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: Apr. 13, 2012 - 4:11 PM ET #33

    good flick, lots of laughs. They did them proud in my opinion.
    Reply
    good flick, lots of laughs. They did them proud in my opinion.
     
    bookieassassin
    bookieassassin
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 10314
    Posted: Apr. 18, 2012 - 2:47 PM ET #34

    about as good as it could have been.......
    It is better to be feared - than to be loved.
    Reply
    about as good as it could have been.......
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55678
    Posted: Apr. 20, 2012 - 11:13 AM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

    about as good as it could have been.......


    Sweet! Going this weekend!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

    about as good as it could have been.......


    Sweet! Going this weekend!
     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: Apr. 22, 2012 - 7:26 PM ET #36

    I took my kids (14 and 16) to this flick. I wasn't expecting grrrreatness. I wasn't looking forward to laughing our asses off. I wasn't expecting jack-diddly. We went just for the hell of it. 
    Review in a few sentences.
    A few laughs and that's about it. Pretty mediocre. I'll never watch it again. 
    2 out of 5 stars.

    Reply
    I took my kids (14 and 16) to this flick. I wasn't expecting grrrreatness. I wasn't looking forward to laughing our asses off. I wasn't expecting jack-diddly. We went just for the hell of it. 
    Review in a few sentences.
    A few laughs and that's about it. Pretty mediocre. I'll never watch it again. 
    2 out of 5 stars.

     
    pulledclear
    pulledclear
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 3202
    Posted: Apr. 23, 2012 - 2:08 AM ET #37

    Sugar right on the money, couldnt have said it better and Im a huge stooges fan. I actually think that this could have been a good movie if they didnt try JUST to imitate the stooges. They should have implemented really racey crazy stuff that the original stooges werent doing like sexual humor and such. This movie was really bad! Take any 3 original stooges skits and they are way funnier then this movie. It really goes to show you how BRILLIANT their stuff was. As much as I love curly my fav is Malice in the Palace with shemp. I can watch that over and over and still laugh my ass off.
    Reply
    Sugar right on the money, couldnt have said it better and Im a huge stooges fan. I actually think that this could have been a good movie if they didnt try JUST to imitate the stooges. They should have implemented really racey crazy stuff that the original stooges werent doing like sexual humor and such. This movie was really bad! Take any 3 original stooges skits and they are way funnier then this movie. It really goes to show you how BRILLIANT their stuff was. As much as I love curly my fav is Malice in the Palace with shemp. I can watch that over and over and still laugh my ass off.
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55678
    Posted: Apr. 23, 2012 - 5:45 PM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear:

    Sugar right on the money, couldnt have said it better and Im a huge stooges fan. I actually think that this could have been a good movie if they didnt try JUST to imitate the stooges. They should have implemented really racey crazy stuff that the original stooges werent doing like sexual humor and such. This movie was really bad! Take any 3 original stooges skits and they are way funnier then this movie. It really goes to show you how BRILLIANT their stuff was. As much as I love curly my fav is Malice in the Palace with shemp. I can watch that over and over and still laugh my ass off.


    Horrible review and idea. Dont pay attention to this at all. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

    Solid laughs throughout and they stuck with the Stooges good clean fun. Classic? No. Great tribute? Yes.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear:

    Sugar right on the money, couldnt have said it better and Im a huge stooges fan. I actually think that this could have been a good movie if they didnt try JUST to imitate the stooges. They should have implemented really racey crazy stuff that the original stooges werent doing like sexual humor and such. This movie was really bad! Take any 3 original stooges skits and they are way funnier then this movie. It really goes to show you how BRILLIANT their stuff was. As much as I love curly my fav is Malice in the Palace with shemp. I can watch that over and over and still laugh my ass off.


    Horrible review and idea. Dont pay attention to this at all. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

    Solid laughs throughout and they stuck with the Stooges good clean fun. Classic? No. Great tribute? Yes.


     
    Mark_The_Narc
    Mark_The_Narc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 1987
    Posted: Apr. 25, 2012 - 11:55 AM ET #39

    I can picture my father who passed away ten years ago now laughing his ass off at that show.  Particularly one episode where they were in some castle and and a bird was stuck in some medieval knights armor.  Man, what a fucking riot that episode was.

    Reply

    I can picture my father who passed away ten years ago now laughing his ass off at that show.  Particularly one episode where they were in some castle and and a bird was stuck in some medieval knights armor.  Man, what a fucking riot that episode was.

     
    daysbtwin
    daysbtwin
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 1654
    Posted: Apr. 28, 2012 - 2:22 AM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:

    I think I am just to young to appreciate this kind of comedy but nonetheless, respect it. 

    Nobody should appreciate nor respect this sort of horseshit.

    Anyone who show up to the theater to buy tickets should be put in boxcars and taken to the ocean to be drowned.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:

    I think I am just to young to appreciate this kind of comedy but nonetheless, respect it. 

    Nobody should appreciate nor respect this sort of horseshit.

    Anyone who show up to the theater to buy tickets should be put in boxcars and taken to the ocean to be drowned.

     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55678
    Posted: Apr. 28, 2012 - 7:47 PM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by daysbtwin:

    Nobody should appreciate nor respect this sort of horseshit.

    Anyone who show up to the theater to buy tickets should be put in boxcars and taken to the ocean to be drowned.



    You are a fucking idiot.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by daysbtwin:

    Nobody should appreciate nor respect this sort of horseshit.

    Anyone who show up to the theater to buy tickets should be put in boxcars and taken to the ocean to be drowned.



    You are a fucking idiot.
     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: May. 3, 2012 - 12:08 AM ET #42

       I really wanted to like this movie. Deep down, I figured it would be absolute garbage but, me and my kids were either going to see, Cabin in the Woods, or The Three Stooges. I knew the Cabin flick would be much more interesting and fun to see, but, I grew up watching the Stooges on weekends, late night, and on every New Year's Eve marathon. Basically, I dragged my kids to see The Three Stooges. They rolled their eyes when I mentioned it. 
        From beginning to end, I was almost forcing myself to somewhat laugh at some of the scenes; only because I had put myself into an awkward position of playing up the Stooges to the kids and hoping the movie would deliver. There was barely a  funny moment worth mentioning in the entire movie. Although, the pissing baby fight was the best scene in the entire movie. And that's not saying much.  It's like working on a construction site for weeks without seeing a woman when an average-at-best looking woman shows up. The workers check her out, knowing full well she's nothing worth staring at, let alone bangable. Nevertheless, what's one of the first things you hear from someone's mouth after she's out of hearing distance?   "I'd hit that." "Man, she's kinda hot." "Hmm, maybe I'll go punch one out right now." In essence, one decent funny scene involving baby piss doesn't a good movie make. 
       TRAIN, this wasn't a tribute to the Three Stooges just because it was a movie about them. I've seen movies about Godzilla, does that mean the makers of the movie made a tribute to Godzilla? How about Monster, the Aileen Wuornos story.  Was that a tribute to the now famous woman serial-killer? A tribute is an act, statement, or gift that's intended to show gratitude, respect, or admiration. While the Farrelly Brothers may say this is a tribute to what The Three Stooges have given us as entertainment, their actions say something very different. The magic of the Stooges comes from who plays them, not the characters. Only Moe can be Moe, godammit! Only Curly can be Curly... obviously. The Farrelly brothers experiment with replicating what is one of the most difficult acts to replicate in Hollywood history. What they couldn't capture, they copied. That's not only utter bullshit, it's a recipe for a shit sandwich. What came from the original Stooges came from within the Three Stooges. It was them we fell in love with and laughed with, not some actors being directed by some guys who've always wanted to make a movie involving them. 
        How much CGI was in this movie? Too much. Why not try and keep with the spirit of the original and come up with other, less computer-driven ways to spice up the special effects? That chainsaw to the head scene almost had me thinking he was going to embed it into his brain. I wasn't ready for a realistic, computer generated attack on Curly's head... it has always been the fake, soft saw run across Curly's head with a quick cut to the now mangled saw. That was the brilliance of it. We knew it was fake, there was no hiding it... it was absurd. CGI in The Three Stooges was a bad idea.
        The Farrelly brothers would have done better by plucking the actual characters from the original film reels and super-imposing them onto present-day digital backgrounds. Placing the characters into present-day situations, and giving a half-hearted attempt at mimicking original script ideas is not a good mixture for a successful tribute. Perhaps a time machine would have sufficed in aiding in my suspension of disbelief. For no matter how crazy and unbelievable The Three Stooges were, I didn't care how outlandish they were. In their most recent incarnation,  they try too hard to copycat the originals. Unfortunately for me,  that's all I can see. 
        The Farrelly brothers' Three Stooges is not fun, funny, or enjoyable. Maybe someday I'll watch it with the director's commentary on, and they'll tell us why one of the brothers has such big boobs. 
       This movie lost any shred of credibility when Snooki and the rest of her Jersey Shore pals make cameo appearances. I almost took my kids and walked out right then. I haven't been so disappointed by a movie since Deep Blue Sea, I snuck in to that and still ended up leaving before it ended. 
        
    Reply
       I really wanted to like this movie. Deep down, I figured it would be absolute garbage but, me and my kids were either going to see, Cabin in the Woods, or The Three Stooges. I knew the Cabin flick would be much more interesting and fun to see, but, I grew up watching the Stooges on weekends, late night, and on every New Year's Eve marathon. Basically, I dragged my kids to see The Three Stooges. They rolled their eyes when I mentioned it. 
        From beginning to end, I was almost forcing myself to somewhat laugh at some of the scenes; only because I had put myself into an awkward position of playing up the Stooges to the kids and hoping the movie would deliver. There was barely a  funny moment worth mentioning in the entire movie. Although, the pissing baby fight was the best scene in the entire movie. And that's not saying much.  It's like working on a construction site for weeks without seeing a woman when an average-at-best looking woman shows up. The workers check her out, knowing full well she's nothing worth staring at, let alone bangable. Nevertheless, what's one of the first things you hear from someone's mouth after she's out of hearing distance?   "I'd hit that." "Man, she's kinda hot." "Hmm, maybe I'll go punch one out right now." In essence, one decent funny scene involving baby piss doesn't a good movie make. 
       TRAIN, this wasn't a tribute to the Three Stooges just because it was a movie about them. I've seen movies about Godzilla, does that mean the makers of the movie made a tribute to Godzilla? How about Monster, the Aileen Wuornos story.  Was that a tribute to the now famous woman serial-killer? A tribute is an act, statement, or gift that's intended to show gratitude, respect, or admiration. While the Farrelly Brothers may say this is a tribute to what The Three Stooges have given us as entertainment, their actions say something very different. The magic of the Stooges comes from who plays them, not the characters. Only Moe can be Moe, godammit! Only Curly can be Curly... obviously. The Farrelly brothers experiment with replicating what is one of the most difficult acts to replicate in Hollywood history. What they couldn't capture, they copied. That's not only utter bullshit, it's a recipe for a shit sandwich. What came from the original Stooges came from within the Three Stooges. It was them we fell in love with and laughed with, not some actors being directed by some guys who've always wanted to make a movie involving them. 
        How much CGI was in this movie? Too much. Why not try and keep with the spirit of the original and come up with other, less computer-driven ways to spice up the special effects? That chainsaw to the head scene almost had me thinking he was going to embed it into his brain. I wasn't ready for a realistic, computer generated attack on Curly's head... it has always been the fake, soft saw run across Curly's head with a quick cut to the now mangled saw. That was the brilliance of it. We knew it was fake, there was no hiding it... it was absurd. CGI in The Three Stooges was a bad idea.
        The Farrelly brothers would have done better by plucking the actual characters from the original film reels and super-imposing them onto present-day digital backgrounds. Placing the characters into present-day situations, and giving a half-hearted attempt at mimicking original script ideas is not a good mixture for a successful tribute. Perhaps a time machine would have sufficed in aiding in my suspension of disbelief. For no matter how crazy and unbelievable The Three Stooges were, I didn't care how outlandish they were. In their most recent incarnation,  they try too hard to copycat the originals. Unfortunately for me,  that's all I can see. 
        The Farrelly brothers' Three Stooges is not fun, funny, or enjoyable. Maybe someday I'll watch it with the director's commentary on, and they'll tell us why one of the brothers has such big boobs. 
       This movie lost any shred of credibility when Snooki and the rest of her Jersey Shore pals make cameo appearances. I almost took my kids and walked out right then. I haven't been so disappointed by a movie since Deep Blue Sea, I snuck in to that and still ended up leaving before it ended. 
        
     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: May. 3, 2012 - 3:16 PM ET #43

    you do realize the jersey shore people were on there because they were being made fun of and how many people in the country wish they could do what Moe was doing to them, making them look stupid.
    Reply
    you do realize the jersey shore people were on there because they were being made fun of and how many people in the country wish they could do what Moe was doing to them, making them look stupid.
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55678
    Posted: May. 3, 2012 - 6:39 PM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarhouse:

       I really wanted to like this movie. Deep down, I figured it would be absolute garbage but, me and my kids were either going to see, Cabin in the Woods, or The Three Stooges. I knew the Cabin flick would be much more interesting and fun to see, but, I grew up watching the Stooges on weekends, late night, and on every New Year's Eve marathon. Basically, I dragged my kids to see The Three Stooges. They rolled their eyes when I mentioned it. 
        From beginning to end, I was almost forcing myself to somewhat laugh at some of the scenes; only because I had put myself into an awkward position of playing up the Stooges to the kids and hoping the movie would deliver. There was barely a  funny moment worth mentioning in the entire movie. Although, the pissing baby fight was the best scene in the entire movie. And that's not saying much.  It's like working on a construction site for weeks without seeing a woman when an average-at-best looking woman shows up. The workers check her out, knowing full well she's nothing worth staring at, let alone bangable. Nevertheless, what's one of the first things you hear from someone's mouth after she's out of hearing distance?   "I'd hit that." "Man, she's kinda hot." "Hmm, maybe I'll go punch one out right now." In essence, one decent funny scene involving baby piss doesn't a good movie make. 
       TRAIN, this wasn't a tribute to the Three Stooges just because it was a movie about them. I've seen movies about Godzilla, does that mean the makers of the movie made a tribute to Godzilla? How about Monster, the Aileen Wuornos story.  Was that a tribute to the now famous woman serial-killer? A tribute is an act, statement, or gift that's intended to show gratitude, respect, or admiration. While the Farrelly Brothers may say this is a tribute to what The Three Stooges have given us as entertainment, their actions say something very different. The magic of the Stooges comes from who plays them, not the characters. Only Moe can be Moe, godammit! Only Curly can be Curly... obviously. The Farrelly brothers experiment with replicating what is one of the most difficult acts to replicate in Hollywood history. What they couldn't capture, they copied. That's not only utter bullshit, it's a recipe for a shit sandwich. What came from the original Stooges came from within the Three Stooges. It was them we fell in love with and laughed with, not some actors being directed by some guys who've always wanted to make a movie involving them. 
        How much CGI was in this movie? Too much. Why not try and keep with the spirit of the original and come up with other, less computer-driven ways to spice up the special effects? That chainsaw to the head scene almost had me thinking he was going to embed it into his brain. I wasn't ready for a realistic, computer generated attack on Curly's head... it has always been the fake, soft saw run across Curly's head with a quick cut to the now mangled saw. That was the brilliance of it. We knew it was fake, there was no hiding it... it was absurd. CGI in The Three Stooges was a bad idea.
        The Farrelly brothers would have done better by plucking the actual characters from the original film reels and super-imposing them onto present-day digital backgrounds. Placing the characters into present-day situations, and giving a half-hearted attempt at mimicking original script ideas is not a good mixture for a successful tribute. Perhaps a time machine would have sufficed in aiding in my suspension of disbelief. For no matter how crazy and unbelievable The Three Stooges were, I didn't care how outlandish they were. In their most recent incarnation,  they try too hard to copycat the originals. Unfortunately for me,  that's all I can see. 
        The Farrelly brothers' Three Stooges is not fun, funny, or enjoyable. Maybe someday I'll watch it with the director's commentary on, and they'll tell us why one of the brothers has such big boobs. 
       This movie lost any shred of credibility when Snooki and the rest of her Jersey Shore pals make cameo appearances. I almost took my kids and walked out right then. I haven't been so disappointed by a movie since Deep Blue Sea, I snuck in to that and still ended up leaving before it ended. 
        

    Not sure what movie you watched, but obviously you expected too much. Too much CGI? WTF are you talking about? It was in like 2 scenes. The Jersey Shore scenes were obviously making fun of them. You didnt laugh when one of the Jersey Shore guys say "hety, thats assault"....and Moe responded " Heres your pepper!!" and slapped him?

    What about the nicknames Moe called everyone? Skin tags, bulldog....What about the fight scene when they triple team that guy. Funny shit.

    Were you also upset it wasnt in black and white?

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarhouse:

       I really wanted to like this movie. Deep down, I figured it would be absolute garbage but, me and my kids were either going to see, Cabin in the Woods, or The Three Stooges. I knew the Cabin flick would be much more interesting and fun to see, but, I grew up watching the Stooges on weekends, late night, and on every New Year's Eve marathon. Basically, I dragged my kids to see The Three Stooges. They rolled their eyes when I mentioned it. 
        From beginning to end, I was almost forcing myself to somewhat laugh at some of the scenes; only because I had put myself into an awkward position of playing up the Stooges to the kids and hoping the movie would deliver. There was barely a  funny moment worth mentioning in the entire movie. Although, the pissing baby fight was the best scene in the entire movie. And that's not saying much.  It's like working on a construction site for weeks without seeing a woman when an average-at-best looking woman shows up. The workers check her out, knowing full well she's nothing worth staring at, let alone bangable. Nevertheless, what's one of the first things you hear from someone's mouth after she's out of hearing distance?   "I'd hit that." "Man, she's kinda hot." "Hmm, maybe I'll go punch one out right now." In essence, one decent funny scene involving baby piss doesn't a good movie make. 
       TRAIN, this wasn't a tribute to the Three Stooges just because it was a movie about them. I've seen movies about Godzilla, does that mean the makers of the movie made a tribute to Godzilla? How about Monster, the Aileen Wuornos story.  Was that a tribute to the now famous woman serial-killer? A tribute is an act, statement, or gift that's intended to show gratitude, respect, or admiration. While the Farrelly Brothers may say this is a tribute to what The Three Stooges have given us as entertainment, their actions say something very different. The magic of the Stooges comes from who plays them, not the characters. Only Moe can be Moe, godammit! Only Curly can be Curly... obviously. The Farrelly brothers experiment with replicating what is one of the most difficult acts to replicate in Hollywood history. What they couldn't capture, they copied. That's not only utter bullshit, it's a recipe for a shit sandwich. What came from the original Stooges came from within the Three Stooges. It was them we fell in love with and laughed with, not some actors being directed by some guys who've always wanted to make a movie involving them. 
        How much CGI was in this movie? Too much. Why not try and keep with the spirit of the original and come up with other, less computer-driven ways to spice up the special effects? That chainsaw to the head scene almost had me thinking he was going to embed it into his brain. I wasn't ready for a realistic, computer generated attack on Curly's head... it has always been the fake, soft saw run across Curly's head with a quick cut to the now mangled saw. That was the brilliance of it. We knew it was fake, there was no hiding it... it was absurd. CGI in The Three Stooges was a bad idea.
        The Farrelly brothers would have done better by plucking the actual characters from the original film reels and super-imposing them onto present-day digital backgrounds. Placing the characters into present-day situations, and giving a half-hearted attempt at mimicking original script ideas is not a good mixture for a successful tribute. Perhaps a time machine would have sufficed in aiding in my suspension of disbelief. For no matter how crazy and unbelievable The Three Stooges were, I didn't care how outlandish they were. In their most recent incarnation,  they try too hard to copycat the originals. Unfortunately for me,  that's all I can see. 
        The Farrelly brothers' Three Stooges is not fun, funny, or enjoyable. Maybe someday I'll watch it with the director's commentary on, and they'll tell us why one of the brothers has such big boobs. 
       This movie lost any shred of credibility when Snooki and the rest of her Jersey Shore pals make cameo appearances. I almost took my kids and walked out right then. I haven't been so disappointed by a movie since Deep Blue Sea, I snuck in to that and still ended up leaving before it ended. 
        

    Not sure what movie you watched, but obviously you expected too much. Too much CGI? WTF are you talking about? It was in like 2 scenes. The Jersey Shore scenes were obviously making fun of them. You didnt laugh when one of the Jersey Shore guys say "hety, thats assault"....and Moe responded " Heres your pepper!!" and slapped him?

    What about the nicknames Moe called everyone? Skin tags, bulldog....What about the fight scene when they triple team that guy. Funny shit.

    Were you also upset it wasnt in black and white?

     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: May. 3, 2012 - 8:40 PM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett75:

    you do realize the jersey shore people were on there because they were being made fun of and how many people in the country wish they could do what Moe was doing to them, making them look stupid.

    The addition of those Jersey Shore fools just made the movie even worse. Snooki and the Situation have no problem making themselves look stupid, they do a dandy job at that themselves; it's what they get paid to do. Their cameo just help perpetuate their celebrity. And Moe Howard becoming part of what could be the most horrendous form of television; reality tv, just made the cringe factor move up to eleven. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett75:

    you do realize the jersey shore people were on there because they were being made fun of and how many people in the country wish they could do what Moe was doing to them, making them look stupid.

    The addition of those Jersey Shore fools just made the movie even worse. Snooki and the Situation have no problem making themselves look stupid, they do a dandy job at that themselves; it's what they get paid to do. Their cameo just help perpetuate their celebrity. And Moe Howard becoming part of what could be the most horrendous form of television; reality tv, just made the cringe factor move up to eleven. 
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55678
    Posted: May. 3, 2012 - 8:44 PM ET #46

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarhouse:


    The addition of those Jersey Shore fools just made the movie even worse. Snooki and the Situation have no problem making themselves look stupid, they do a dandy job at that themselves; it's what they get paid to do. Their cameo just help perpetuate their celebrity. And Moe Howard becoming part of what could be the most horrendous form of television; reality tv, just made the cringe factor move up to eleven. 

    Guess you just dont have a sense of humor. Dyna MOE was hilarious.

    Jesus people.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarhouse:


    The addition of those Jersey Shore fools just made the movie even worse. Snooki and the Situation have no problem making themselves look stupid, they do a dandy job at that themselves; it's what they get paid to do. Their cameo just help perpetuate their celebrity. And Moe Howard becoming part of what could be the most horrendous form of television; reality tv, just made the cringe factor move up to eleven. 

    Guess you just dont have a sense of humor. Dyna MOE was hilarious.

    Jesus people.

     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: May. 3, 2012 - 9:08 PM ET #47

    I clearly stated earlier on in this thread that I was expecting jack-diddly. I wasn't expecting greatness. I expected nothing. How can you say I don't have a sense of humor without knowing me? Humor is extremely subjective. It's only my opinion. Isn't this what this place is for? Just because I feel The Three Stooges movie was bad, means I don't have a sense of humor? I gave it a chance. I didn't like it. Perhaps we have different tastes when it comes to comedies. 
    And the cgi in the movie wasn't needed. I'd bet there were more than two instances of it being used. It definitely didn't help the movie...
    With much respect, TRAIN, I must agree to disagree with you. 
    Reply
    I clearly stated earlier on in this thread that I was expecting jack-diddly. I wasn't expecting greatness. I expected nothing. How can you say I don't have a sense of humor without knowing me? Humor is extremely subjective. It's only my opinion. Isn't this what this place is for? Just because I feel The Three Stooges movie was bad, means I don't have a sense of humor? I gave it a chance. I didn't like it. Perhaps we have different tastes when it comes to comedies. 
    And the cgi in the movie wasn't needed. I'd bet there were more than two instances of it being used. It definitely didn't help the movie...
    With much respect, TRAIN, I must agree to disagree with you. 
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55678
    Posted: May. 3, 2012 - 10:57 PM ET #48

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarhouse:

    I clearly stated earlier on in this thread that I was expecting jack-diddly. I wasn't expecting greatness. I expected nothing. How can you say I don't have a sense of humor without knowing me? Humor is extremely subjective. It's only my opinion. Isn't this what this place is for? Just because I feel The Three Stooges movie was bad, means I don't have a sense of humor? I gave it a chance. I didn't like it. Perhaps we have different tastes when it comes to comedies. 
    And the cgi in the movie wasn't needed. I'd bet there were more than two instances of it being used. It definitely didn't help the movie...
    With much respect, TRAIN, I must agree to disagree with you. 

    Thats cool.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarhouse:

    I clearly stated earlier on in this thread that I was expecting jack-diddly. I wasn't expecting greatness. I expected nothing. How can you say I don't have a sense of humor without knowing me? Humor is extremely subjective. It's only my opinion. Isn't this what this place is for? Just because I feel The Three Stooges movie was bad, means I don't have a sense of humor? I gave it a chance. I didn't like it. Perhaps we have different tastes when it comes to comedies. 
    And the cgi in the movie wasn't needed. I'd bet there were more than two instances of it being used. It definitely didn't help the movie...
    With much respect, TRAIN, I must agree to disagree with you. 

    Thats cool.

     
    LRM704
    LRM704
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2002
    Posts: 11548
    Posted: May. 6, 2012 - 4:14 PM ET #49

    The movie sucked and I grew up with the 3 Stooges. I dont care if they were making fun of those jersey assholes or not, it helped ruin the movie

    IT JUST PLAIN SUCKED and let me add that the Farrelly brothers have been living off their reputation for years

    Reply

    The movie sucked and I grew up with the 3 Stooges. I dont care if they were making fun of those jersey assholes or not, it helped ruin the movie

    IT JUST PLAIN SUCKED and let me add that the Farrelly brothers have been living off their reputation for years

     
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55678
    Posted: May. 7, 2012 - 9:57 AM ET #50

    Quote Originally Posted by LRM704:

    The movie sucked and I grew up with the 3 Stooges. I dont care if they were making fun of those jersey assholes or not, it helped ruin the movie

    IT JUST PLAIN SUCKED and let me add that the Farrelly brothers have been living off their reputation for years



    Expectation breeds disappointment.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by LRM704:

    The movie sucked and I grew up with the 3 Stooges. I dont care if they were making fun of those jersey assholes or not, it helped ruin the movie

    IT JUST PLAIN SUCKED and let me add that the Farrelly brothers have been living off their reputation for years



    Expectation breeds disappointment.
    All Forums | Movies & Television
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,247
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 753
    • PART DEUX 204
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,991
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,100
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,559
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,202
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,115
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,919
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,842

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.