me either. I am sure the young people won't like it or think it sucks. But it should be great. I saw the preview when I saw Chronicle and was laughing out loud at it, but no one else was laughing in the theater. It took me back to Saturday mornings and after school Stooges.
me either. I am sure the young people won't like it or think it sucks. But it should be great. I saw the preview when I saw Chronicle and was laughing out loud at it, but no one else was laughing in the theater. It took me back to Saturday mornings and after school Stooges.
I think the Farrelly brothers should do a good job. Previews have made me laugh, so thats a good sign. This si something I'm sure they too very "seriously"., being the Stooges and all.
I think the Farrelly brothers should do a good job. Previews have made me laugh, so thats a good sign. This si something I'm sure they too very "seriously"., being the Stooges and all.
I bet it will be funny, but I am disappointed in the casting. A couple of years ago when I first heard about the project, I heard they were going to cast Jim Carey (Curly), Benecio Del Toro (Moe), and Sean Penn (Larry). Jim Carey was planning to put on a ton of weight to fit the role. I love all three of these actors, and thought it would have been amazing. Jim Carey would've obviously killed it as a Curly. But to see the other two as Moe and Larry would've been great. I think Sean Penn backed out or something, causing the others to back out as well. Will probably wait for it to come out on DVD now.
I bet it will be funny, but I am disappointed in the casting. A couple of years ago when I first heard about the project, I heard they were going to cast Jim Carey (Curly), Benecio Del Toro (Moe), and Sean Penn (Larry). Jim Carey was planning to put on a ton of weight to fit the role. I love all three of these actors, and thought it would have been amazing. Jim Carey would've obviously killed it as a Curly. But to see the other two as Moe and Larry would've been great. I think Sean Penn backed out or something, causing the others to back out as well. Will probably wait for it to come out on DVD now.
SofiaVergara is taking on the role of Mrs Harter starring alongside Stephen
Collins as Mr Harter as the charming couple that adopt the happy trio of
Larry Curly and Moe.
SofiaVergara is taking on the role of Mrs Harter starring alongside Stephen
Collins as Mr Harter as the charming couple that adopt the happy trio of
Larry Curly and Moe.
Release dates for The Three Stooges (2012) Country Date Canada 13 April 2012 India 13 April 2012 USA 13 April 2012 Belarus 26 April 2012 Kazakhstan 26 April 2012 Russia 26 April 2012 Brazil 4 May 2012 Colombia 4 May 2012 Argentina 17 May 2012 Romania 1 June 2012 Ireland 15 June 2012 Lithuania 15 June 2012 UK 15 June 2012 Australia 28 June 2012 New Zealand 28 June 2012 Singapore 28 June 2012 Portugal 12 July 2012 France 25 July 2012 Netherlands 9 August 2012 Germany 23 August 2012
Release dates for The Three Stooges (2012) Country Date Canada 13 April 2012 India 13 April 2012 USA 13 April 2012 Belarus 26 April 2012 Kazakhstan 26 April 2012 Russia 26 April 2012 Brazil 4 May 2012 Colombia 4 May 2012 Argentina 17 May 2012 Romania 1 June 2012 Ireland 15 June 2012 Lithuania 15 June 2012 UK 15 June 2012 Australia 28 June 2012 New Zealand 28 June 2012 Singapore 28 June 2012 Portugal 12 July 2012 France 25 July 2012 Netherlands 9 August 2012 Germany 23 August 2012
I bet it will be funny, but I am disappointed in the casting. A couple of years ago when I first heard about the project, I heard they were going to cast Jim Carey (Curly), Benecio Del Toro (Moe), and Sean Penn (Larry). Jim Carey was planning to put on a ton of weight to fit the role. I love all three of these actors, and thought it would have been amazing. Jim Carey would've obviously killed it as a Curly. But to see the other two as Moe and Larry would've been great. I think Sean Penn backed out or something, causing the others to back out as well. Will probably wait for it to come out on DVD now.
I was actually happy Carey didnt play Curly. Wil Sasso is an awesome choice. The other 2 are up in the air, but I'll have to wait and see.
Quote Originally Posted by ogmike:
I bet it will be funny, but I am disappointed in the casting. A couple of years ago when I first heard about the project, I heard they were going to cast Jim Carey (Curly), Benecio Del Toro (Moe), and Sean Penn (Larry). Jim Carey was planning to put on a ton of weight to fit the role. I love all three of these actors, and thought it would have been amazing. Jim Carey would've obviously killed it as a Curly. But to see the other two as Moe and Larry would've been great. I think Sean Penn backed out or something, causing the others to back out as well. Will probably wait for it to come out on DVD now.
I was actually happy Carey didnt play Curly. Wil Sasso is an awesome choice. The other 2 are up in the air, but I'll have to wait and see.
hollywood running out of ideas bet my life this movie will tank and wont hold a candle to the classic 3 stooges
Of course nothing will EVER hold a candle to the original, thats what made them fucking awesome. Its this kind of attitude that will make people not like this movie. Give it a chance and dont expect it to be a classic for gods sake.
Quote Originally Posted by Michfan15:
hollywood running out of ideas bet my life this movie will tank and wont hold a candle to the classic 3 stooges
Of course nothing will EVER hold a candle to the original, thats what made them fucking awesome. Its this kind of attitude that will make people not like this movie. Give it a chance and dont expect it to be a classic for gods sake.
This movie should definitely be rated R..Noone under 18 (maybe even 25) really even knows or cares who the 3 stooges are.
Why R? The original Stooges were funny without cursing or nudity. Of course there is the violence of slapping and getting hit by objects, but nothing blowing up and no one dying.
Bunch of wanna be critics have already doomed this film. I'm not saying its gonna be Gone with the Wind, but I will wait to give my opinion until I have a basis that has value, not speculation.
Quote Originally Posted by earthWake:
How can a PG movie even be funny?
This movie should definitely be rated R..Noone under 18 (maybe even 25) really even knows or cares who the 3 stooges are.
Why R? The original Stooges were funny without cursing or nudity. Of course there is the violence of slapping and getting hit by objects, but nothing blowing up and no one dying.
Bunch of wanna be critics have already doomed this film. I'm not saying its gonna be Gone with the Wind, but I will wait to give my opinion until I have a basis that has value, not speculation.