Son of Rambow- Cute British film about a young boy who's somewhat an outcast because of his ultra-religious family, teams up with the school bully to film a movie based on Rambo: First Blood. Really quirky, funny, and emotional at times. Great 80's British rock soundtrack and overall a fun watch.
Daft Punk: Electroma- This one is interesting...I love Daft Punk as a group. Their music is almost hypnotising and after seeing them in concert, I don't know if I'll ever see anything else like their live show in my life. This movie is directed by Daft Punk and is totally silent. No dialogue whatsoever. And even stranger, no Daft Punk music either. It's about two robots that want to be human but in doing so, become outcasts. Sounds strange huh? It's an experimental film that is strictly for cinematography and reminds me of Kubrick in it's camerawork. Not sure if I would recommend it because it's so off the wall but if you're interested to see some pretty interesting camerawork, check it out.
Son of Rambow- Cute British film about a young boy who's somewhat an outcast because of his ultra-religious family, teams up with the school bully to film a movie based on Rambo: First Blood. Really quirky, funny, and emotional at times. Great 80's British rock soundtrack and overall a fun watch.
Daft Punk: Electroma- This one is interesting...I love Daft Punk as a group. Their music is almost hypnotising and after seeing them in concert, I don't know if I'll ever see anything else like their live show in my life. This movie is directed by Daft Punk and is totally silent. No dialogue whatsoever. And even stranger, no Daft Punk music either. It's about two robots that want to be human but in doing so, become outcasts. Sounds strange huh? It's an experimental film that is strictly for cinematography and reminds me of Kubrick in it's camerawork. Not sure if I would recommend it because it's so off the wall but if you're interested to see some pretty interesting camerawork, check it out.
Mirrors - Not good. 1/5 stars. Not scary as you had to wonder wtf was going on with those mirrors.
Righteous Kill - 2/5 stars. Very disappointing considering there were 2 of the best actors in our lifetime with Pacino and De Niro. Weak plot. No character development.
Mirrors - Not good. 1/5 stars. Not scary as you had to wonder wtf was going on with those mirrors.
Righteous Kill - 2/5 stars. Very disappointing considering there were 2 of the best actors in our lifetime with Pacino and De Niro. Weak plot. No character development.
I haven't been to a theatre to watch a movie in over 10 years, but I received a Netflix gift subscription so I have been watching several movies this summer/fall.
Old School
Everyone told me this movie was great, I thought it was mediorce at best. One person I know said it was as good as Animal House....right. I think I only laughed out loud once. Lame plot and ending. I just don't see the attraction to Will Farrell.
Revenge of the Nerds is a funnier movie than this dud.
3:10 to Yuma
I enjoyed this movie even though many have questioned the ending. It is rather unbelievable, but in all, a very well made movie. I could be biased as I am a big fan of Westerns. I look forward to seeing the original film.
Others
The Bank Job almost needed sub titles, but enjoyable
Batman Begins very well made and great character development
The Departed very entertaining, yet unbelievable
American Gangster very disappointing considering the talent
Catch Me if You Can what could have been with that story
2 movies that were OK, but not as good as I was hoping
The Italian Job The beginning was good, but the movie turned into a car chase film.
Man on Fire Unbelievable story that was well acted, but the director fucked around too much with the camera and the editing.
I haven't been to a theatre to watch a movie in over 10 years, but I received a Netflix gift subscription so I have been watching several movies this summer/fall.
Old School
Everyone told me this movie was great, I thought it was mediorce at best. One person I know said it was as good as Animal House....right. I think I only laughed out loud once. Lame plot and ending. I just don't see the attraction to Will Farrell.
Revenge of the Nerds is a funnier movie than this dud.
3:10 to Yuma
I enjoyed this movie even though many have questioned the ending. It is rather unbelievable, but in all, a very well made movie. I could be biased as I am a big fan of Westerns. I look forward to seeing the original film.
Others
The Bank Job almost needed sub titles, but enjoyable
Batman Begins very well made and great character development
The Departed very entertaining, yet unbelievable
American Gangster very disappointing considering the talent
Catch Me if You Can what could have been with that story
2 movies that were OK, but not as good as I was hoping
The Italian Job The beginning was good, but the movie turned into a car chase film.
Man on Fire Unbelievable story that was well acted, but the director fucked around too much with the camera and the editing.